Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What miner backend do you use with GUIMiner?
OpenCL (poclbm) - 1395 (47%)
Phoenix - 341 (11.5%)
ufasoft CPU miner - 172 (5.8%)
puddinpop RPC Miner - 43 (1.4%)
Other - 173 (5.8%)
Don't know - 846 (28.5%)
Total Voters: 2968

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum!  (Read 3231931 times)
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 09:58:12 PM

Using CCC 11.5 and I got a huge increase.  My 5850 went from 290 to 315.  My 5870 went from 360 to 405.  My 6870 went from 285 to 310.  Don't know if it will be everyone's experience or if this will be stable for me, but this was a great upgrade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jine

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:21:03 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2011, 10:00:51 PM by Jine

We have had reports of issues with GUIMiner and Bitcoins.lc - this is due to a faulty configuration in the servers.ini file.
It uses the hostname "bitcoin.lc" (NOT Bitcoins.lc) which is owned by someone else (not me.)

The owner of that domain recently removed the A-records from DNS which made GUIMiner stop working.

Please manually change to pool.bitlc.net (port 80, 8080 or 8332) or bitcoins.lc (port 8080 as usual). Both will continue to work in the future, but we're advising users to use pool.bitlc.net due to switch of domain to bitlc.net later on.

So:

Are you using Bitcoins.lc and GUIMiner - set your Pool to "Other" and use Bitcoins.lc:8080 as host or manually edit your servers.ini file.

I've submitted a pull req. to the repo and also contacted the owner of the domain.

/ Jim

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
Aion2n

Activity: 700
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:45:41 PM

Thank's for your nice program.
Please add to serverlist pool "pool.itzod.ru", in next update.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 01:13:21 AM

Using CCC 11.5 and I got a huge increase.  My 5850 went from 290 to 315.  My 5870 went from 360 to 405.  My 6870 went from 285 to 310.  Don't know if it will be everyone's experience or if this will be stable for me, but this was a great upgrade.

use the gui with phoenix and the math tweak , your 5850s should get 360+ at 920 clock

math tweak:

change
Code:
#define Ma(x, y, z) amd_bytealign((y), (x | z), (z & x))

to
Code:
#define Ma(x, y, z) amd_bytealign( (z^x), (y), (x) )

in the phatk: kernel.d file

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Jine

Activity: 403

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 08:20:11 AM

If you're using GUIMiner, please download the latest servers.ini from https://raw.github.com/Kiv/poclbm/master/servers.ini

/ Jim

Previous founder of Bit LC Inc. | I've always loved the idea of bitcoin.
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:51:16 PM

use the gui with phoenix and the math tweak , your 5850s should get 360+ at 920 clock

Mine only clock to 775.  Anything more is too unstable to really deal with and they're XFX so I can't overvolt.  I like to set it and forget it.
drlatino999

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 10:08:11 PM

I'm running into an issue where GUIminer can't connect to a certain pool on one machine, but if it is switched to another pool it is golden. I know the pool is valid due to my other machine running off of it at the same time and CGMiner on the affected box being able to use it. Any ideas?

Sappers clear the way
dub0matic

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 10:31:05 PM

I'm running into an issue where GUIminer can't connect to a certain pool on one machine, but if it is switched to another pool it is golden. I know the pool is valid due to my other machine running off of it at the same time and CGMiner on the affected box being able to use it. Any ideas?
check and make sure your workername and password are correct. you can also try the other pool thingy and input the host and port manually

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
drlatino999

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 12:43:37 AM

check and make sure your workername and password are correct. you can also try the other pool thingy and input the host and port manually

The settings are fine, it will be actively receiving and processing shares from the pool and then stop after a random amount of time with a "Failure to connect" message in the console. Trying python manually in the CLI is a no-go as well "failure to connect," but CGMiner in the CLI "I got this Bro!" and makes with the mining.

Sappers clear the way
ensign_lee

Activity: 886

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:36:13 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 05:52:16 AM by ensign_lee

Using Windows 7

Anybody else having a problem where you just simply can't see the guiminer anymore? I can see it in the task bar, and it's working (submitting shares still), but I can't access the interface AT ALL anymore.

Closing it and reopening it doesn't seem to fix the problem either. Deleting, then uninstalling it doesn't do anything either. arrrgh :/

Windows is convinced it's there, but even when I go to task manager, select it, and select "switch to", nothing gets switched to. WTF?!?!?! (using latest guiminer btw, re-downloaded from OP just today).

Kiv - you know what could cause this? I've donated some btc to you in the past? I could use some support? Cheesy

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 02:20:17 PM

Using Windows 7

Anybody else having a problem where you just simply can't see the guiminer anymore? I can see it in the task bar, and it's working (submitting shares still), but I can't access the interface AT ALL anymore.

Closing it and reopening it doesn't seem to fix the problem either. Deleting, then uninstalling it doesn't do anything either. arrrgh :/

Windows is convinced it's there, but even when I go to task manager, select it, and select "switch to", nothing gets switched to. WTF?!?!?! (using latest guiminer btw, re-downloaded from OP just today).

Do you have a gfx card that is using a dummy plug or using 11.7-11.8 driver w/ a card that has no monitor or dummy plug hooked up to it?

If so, the app might be popping up on that virtual monitor that you cannot see. Duplicate all monitors through CCC or screen resolution, and guiminer should pop up.
ensign_lee

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 03:54:39 PM

Using Windows 7

Do you have a gfx card that is using a dummy plug or using 11.7-11.8 driver w/ a card that has no monitor or dummy plug hooked up to it?

If so, the app might be popping up on that virtual monitor that you cannot see. Duplicate all monitors through CCC or screen resolution, and guiminer should pop up.

Yeah, I thought it might be on a virtual monitor, so I tried making it  so that everything had to be on 1 screen (and so it would be duplicated across other screens). No dice. Sad

Also, no dummy plugs, 2 cards, 2 monitors - 1 in each.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
pekv2

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:01:39 PM

Using Windows 7

Yeah, I thought it might be on a virtual monitor, so I tried making it  so that everything had to be on 1 screen (and so it would be duplicated across other screens). No dice. Sad

Also, no dummy plugs, 2 cards, 2 monitors - 1 in each.

oboy, I don't know, that is the only logical way I can think of that will make it disappear. Any other apps doing the same thing or just guiminer?
ensign_lee

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:42:08 PM

Just GUIminer. .... :/

Nousplatform Youtube     
ensign_lee

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 03:46:46 AM

Even when I uninstall and try to use previous versions, it won't come up anymore...wtf?! O.o

Nousplatform Youtube     
pekv2

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 01:50:46 PM

Even when I uninstall and try to use previous versions, it won't come up anymore...wtf?! O.o

I guess this guy had the same problem and found a fix. It might help you out.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=41514.msg505599#msg505599
ensign_lee

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 04:55:30 PM

OMG YES! was about to reinstall windows. Cheesy

Is that address in your sig still valid? Willing to tip. ^^

Nousplatform Youtube     
pekv2

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 05:11:54 PM

OMG YES! was about to reinstall windows. Cheesy

Is that address in your sig still valid? Willing to tip. ^^

It is, but I was not the one who came up with a solution  Tongue
Kiv (OP)

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:57:21 AM

Thanks to everyone reporting on the miner invisible. It looks like if you save while the miner is invisible, it will stay offscreen when you open the program again. Because the miner settings are stored in a separate folder (AppData), re-installing won't clear the settings and the problem persists.

I'll find a permanent fix to this for the next version, in the meantime big thanks to celcoid for the workaround Smiley

GUIMiner - get started easily mining Bitcoins on your GPU or CPU
Donate to support work on GUIMiner: 1MDDh2h4cAZDafgc94mr9q95dhRYcJbNQo
or YouTipIt
haydent

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 09:38:57 AM

AttributeError: 'HttpTransport' object has no attribute 'failure'

happens on ozcoin but not deepbit

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: