Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:22:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Blade Setup  (Read 580726 times)
suprabitz

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:30:16 PM

I set up 4 blades perfect no problems. now i have a 5th blade and its showing 4 O and the rest X.

i get 12v at the green terminal when unplugged from blade. Drops to 9v when connected to blade.

I am not measuring anything to each power lane. maybe my multimeter wont go down that low but thats what its doing.

is 9v fine to the blade when operating or does that hint to power board issue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 08:12:13 PM

I set up 4 blades perfect no problems. now i have a 5th blade and its showing 4 O and the rest X.

i get 12v at the green terminal when unplugged from blade. Drops to 9v when connected to blade.

I am not measuring anything to each power lane. maybe my multimeter wont go down that low but thats what its doing.

is 9v fine to the blade when operating or does that hint to power board issue
No 9V isnt fine, it means your power supply can't take that many.

suprabitz

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 03:20:54 AM

are you reading 12v across the positive and negative screws on the 4 pin green connector on your blade when its running?
west17m

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:45:06 PM

My first erupter blade arrived and I think it may be decfective.  I have a brand new power supply and have wired up the included plug and verified the voltages with my
multimeter (multiple 12v yellow and black ground wires from my psu).  When I plug in the unit and switch on the PSU, the green LED illuminates, I here a click, then about 0.5-1.0 seconds later the PSU powers down.  I think there might be a short somewhere in the blade.  It's 100% reproducible every time I attempt to turn the unit on.  if the unit is not plugged in, with the green plug wired up, I do not have any issues and read 12v across the screws so I'm pretty sure it's not my wiring.

Any ideas?
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:59:39 PM

My first erupter blade arrived and I think it may be decfective.  I have a brand new power supply and have wired up the included plug and verified the voltages with my
multimeter (multiple 12v yellow and black ground wires from my psu).  When I plug in the unit and switch on the PSU, the green LED illuminates, I here a click, then about 0.5-1.0 seconds later the PSU powers down.  I think there might be a short somewhere in the blade.  It's 100% reproducible every time I attempt to turn the unit on.  if the unit is not plugged in, with the green plug wired up, I do not have any issues and read 12v across the screws so I'm pretty sure it's not my wiring.

Any ideas?

Its the PSU. Since it is not connected to the mobo, it shuts down.
Use this method and try.
http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/testing-your-corsair-power-supply/

And if you have not so yet, read the OP again. Its mentioned in the OP

So how do we plug the blade into a PSU? First we need to tell the PSU to always be on, as there isn't a motherboard to do this. We use the old paperclip trick. http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/testing-your-corsair-power-supply Similar to that but instead of using it as a test, we'll cut the paperclip short and tape it up for safety.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
west17m

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:42:30 PM

My first erupter blade arrived and I think it may be decfective.  I have a brand new power supply and have wired up the included plug and verified the voltages with my
multimeter (multiple 12v yellow and black ground wires from my psu).  When I plug in the unit and switch on the PSU, the green LED illuminates, I here a click, then about 0.5-1.0 seconds later the PSU powers down.  I think there might be a short somewhere in the blade.  It's 100% reproducible every time I attempt to turn the unit on.  if the unit is not plugged in, with the green plug wired up, I do not have any issues and read 12v across the screws so I'm pretty sure it's not my wiring.

Any ideas?

Its the PSU. Since it is not connected to the mobo, it shuts down.
Use this method and try.
http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/testing-your-corsair-power-supply/

And if you have not so yet, read the OP again. Its mentioned in the OP

So how do we plug the blade into a PSU? First we need to tell the PSU to always be on, as there isn't a motherboard to do this. We use the old paperclip trick. http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/testing-your-corsair-power-supply Similar to that but instead of using it as a test, we'll cut the paperclip short and tape it up for safety.

I already had that set up (that's how I could test the PSU and know the correct voltage is going to the plug).  I can power fans without any problems.  The issue is when I hook the blade up, it seems to short out the psu (I have to turn it off, unjumper the green power on wire to reset it).  Any other ideas?
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:45:56 PM

Where are you pulling your power from? Don't use a SATA port if thats where you are grabbing it.
west17m

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 07:57:50 PM

Where are you pulling your power from? Don't use a SATA port if thats where you are grabbing it.

My first attempt was two separate molex lines.  My second attempt was off the pci express (3x 12v lines there).  I then also tried two molex plus the 3 12v pci express lines which should provide more than enough amperage.  Like I said before, the psu powers up fine when the blade isn't connected, which is how I can confirm 12V across the green power plug.  I don't have anything else drawing power and it's a 450+ W PSU.  I've swapped out the PSU and had the same trouble with my "used" PSU.
ummas

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:19:59 AM

Hi
After reciving waranity replacment, i`m trying to work with new unit.
Works well at low with ~10500Mhash, but when i`ll switch to High, it stops working at all, or close to it.
After few minutes, reboots. At low works well for 16h in a row.

Any adwise? should i check voltage or smth ??
WinTame2012

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 02:07:31 PM

Hi
After reciving waranity replacment, i`m trying to work with new unit.
Works well at low with ~10500Mhash, but when i`ll switch to High, it stops working at all, or close to it.
After few minutes, reboots. At low works well for 16h in a row.

Any adwise? should i check voltage or smth ??
Start from checking for potential voltage drop on the green bracket when you switch to High.

May the WinTame Power be with you!
http://wintame.com
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:45:33 PM

Ok, noobish question here. I have the latest (old blade) revision and for some reason when I connect it, All i hear are a few 'clicks' and then nothing. No Ethernet light, nada. I am pretty 100% that I followed instructions and that my rails provide enough power for at least things to 'work'.

Any ideas?
west17m

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:01:36 PM

Ok, noobish question here. I have the latest (old blade) revision and for some reason when I connect it, All i hear are a few 'clicks' and then nothing. No Ethernet light, nada. I am pretty 100% that I followed instructions and that my rails provide enough power for at least things to 'work'.

Any ideas?

Does your power supply stay on or does it short out?  Mine will power on for less than a second before shorting out the power supply.
TheSwede75

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:13:42 PM

Any ideas?

Does your power supply stay on or does it short out?  Mine will power on for less than a second before shorting out the power supply.

Power supply stays on, just no reaction from blade at all. I have a 750W Thermaltake with several hundred watts 'free' (just running AMD + GPU @ idle). I am only using one rail though and only Yellow + Black cables (as per newer blade instructions).

I find it sort of LAZY of ASICMINER to not provide updated sheme/instructions with their latest blade design. Fuse and power connector is different and all I have to go on is the old instructions.. (as sparse as they are)
west17m

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:18:19 PM

Any ideas?

Does your power supply stay on or does it short out?  Mine will power on for less than a second before shorting out the power supply.

Power supply stays on, just no reaction from blade at all. I have a 750W Thermaltake with several hundred watts 'free' (just running AMD + GPU @ idle). I am only using one rail though and only Yellow + Black cables (as per newer blade instructions).

I find it sort of LAZY of ASICMINER to not provide updated sheme/instructions with their latest blade design. Fuse and power connector is different and all I have to go on is the old instructions.. (as sparse as they are)

And you read 12V across the power connector?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:19:22 PM

Ok, noobish question here. I have the latest (old blade) revision and for some reason when I connect it, All i hear are a few 'clicks' and then nothing.

Silly question: Did you perhaps forget to plug in the red fuse ?
TheSwede75

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:22:49 PM

Ok, noobish question here. I have the latest (old blade) revision and for some reason when I connect it, All i hear are a few 'clicks' and then nothing.

The newest (old) blades have no red fuse? or did mine just really freaking ship without one.. Actually, I didn't get a Green connector either.. Did my blade arrive incomplete?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:24:46 PM

The newest (old) blades have no red fuse? or did mine just really freaking ship without one..

I can't speak to you missing anything from a shipment, but I seem to recall hearing a similar clicking sound when I was setting up my first blade a while back, and didn't have the fuse plugged in.
Plesk

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:29:17 PM

The newest (old) blades have no red fuse? or did mine just really freaking ship without one..

My new "old" blade that I received this week came with a red fuse but it was not packed in the boxes with the boards, it was outside the boxes wrapped in plastic bubble-wrap along with the green power adapter. I almost lost them among the rest of the packing in the shipment. Perhaps look closer at the box/packaging.  Otherwise, the 10A fuse is cheap and not difficult to locate at a hardware store or Auto Parts store. A Quick google search finds this picture of the fuse:
http://media.digikey.com/photos/Cooper%20Bussmann%20Photos/BK%5EATC-10.jpg

BTC: 1HhVDw7b2yb4HjKmb7DMRhwjLqyvaZo8Mt
west17m

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:31:08 PM

My new "old" blade that I received this week came with a red fuse but it was not packed in the boxes with the boards, it was outside the boxes wrapped in plastic bubble-wrap along with the green power adapter. I almost lost them among the rest of the packing in the shipment. Perhaps look closer at the box/packaging.  Otherwise, the 10A fuse is cheap and not difficult to locate at a hardware store or Auto Parts store. A Quick google search finds this picture of the fuse:

Agreed, I nearly lost mine as well.
TheSwede75

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:39:08 PM

Agreed, I nearly lost mine as well.

I have the entire package for my 4x blades on my office floor as arrived. No fuses and no power connectors to be found. Which is pretty bad since I sold 3 of them to friends already. Ugh, I guess I'll try to figure something out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: