Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805211 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:22:30 PM

For some reason, if cgminer crashes badly ( not my computer, my computer is still up and running. )
it appears that it deletes the cgminer executable.
All the other files in the cgminer folder are there, just not the executable.
Anybody else experience this?
Has been happening to me about once every 3 weeks since around cgminer 2.3.3 I think.
I'm running windows 7 and currently using cgminer 2.4.1, just experienced this issue again.
Not sure what could be causing this. It's not standard hard disk data corruption, it's happened under 3 computers of mine now and no other programs seem to be effected.

Anti-virus? Some anti-virus programs just delete "suspected files" without any user prompt.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hyphen

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:24:43 PM

For some reason, if cgminer crashes badly ( not my computer, my computer is still up and running. )
Has been happening to me about once every 3 weeks since around cgminer 2.3.3 I think.
I'm running windows 7 and currently using cgminer 2.4.1, just experienced this issue again.
Not sure what could be causing this. It's not standard hard disk data corruption, it's happened under 3 computers of mine now and no other programs seem to be effected.

Anti-virus? Some anti-virus programs just delete "suspected files" without any user prompt.

I'm using avast. Pretty sure avast would just sandbox it, and then notify me of that.

*edit* It does appear to be avast. It started deleting it every time I copied over on one computer until I disabled avast.

Anyway, if anybody else is using avast and experiences this problem, well, here's your explanation.

Weird though... Usually avast doesnt act like this.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 08:29:13 PM

I'm using avast. Pretty sure avast would just sandbox it, and then notify me of that.

*edit* It does appear to be avast. It started deleting it every time I copied over on one computer until I disabled avast.

Anyway, if anybody else is using avast and experiences this problem, well, here's your explanation.

Weird though... Usually avast doesnt act like this.

Trend Micro does the same thing - just deletes the .exe. I switched to MSE and it wants to get rid of it, but I told it to ignore.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Diapolo

Activity: 769
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 09:24:17 PM

Bitdefender deletes cgminer.exe, too and doesn't notify, I uninstalled that bullshit and reverted to Avira. They managed to not detect cgminer.exe, as it was a false-positive anyway.

Dia

Liked my former work for Bitcoin Core? Drop me a donation via:
1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x
bitcoin:1PwnvixzVAKnAqp8LCV8iuv7ohzX2pbn5x?label=Diapolo
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 05:48:19 AM

I received my two BFL singles so I'm trying out my self-compiled version of cgminer that disables opencl and enables bitforce.  These are the options I used when I compiled it (on windows):

CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2 --disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-bitforce"

The two BFL singles are on COM8 and COM9, so I tried starting cgminer:

cgminer -o url:port -u user -p pass -S COM8 -S COM9

But I get an error:

-S: unrecognized option

Can you think of anything I'm missing?
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 06:01:44 AM

I received my two BFL singles so I'm trying out my self-compiled version of cgminer that disables opencl and enables bitforce.  These are the options I used when I compiled it (on windows):

CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2 --disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-bitforce"

The two BFL singles are on COM8 and COM9, so I tried starting cgminer:

cgminer -o url:port -u user -p pass -S COM8 -S COM9

But I get an error:

-S: unrecognized option

Can you think of anything I'm missing?

Australia is sleeping, so take this as a non-qualified guess.

--disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-bitforce are configuration and not compile options. This is what you need to build for Linux, guess it should be same for Windows:

Code:
autogen.sh
configure --disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-bitforce CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2"
make

On successful build, run
Code:
cgminer --help
and the second line of the output will show you what is supported (for you it should be 'Built with bitforce mining support.').

HTH

dave3

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 06:29:47 AM

Australia is sleeping, so take this as a non-qualified guess.

--disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-bitforce are configuration and not compile options. This is what you need to build for Linux, guess it should be same for Windows:

Code:
autogen.sh
configure --disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-bitforce CFLAGS="-O2 -msse2"
make

On successful build, run
Code:
cgminer --help
and the second line of the output will show you what is supported (for you it should be 'Built with bitforce mining support.').

HTH

That did it, thanks!

cgminer 2.4.1
Built with bitforce mining support.

It's mining now.
dave3

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 02:35:45 PM

I've got cgminer running on a laptop, so if there's a power outage it will keep running, but it may lose network connectivity and the BFL singles will lose power.

I tried to simulate a power outage, and cgminer disabled the Singles.  When I plugged the power back in, it was just stuck... it wouldn't re-enable them.

Error writing to BitForce ("ZFX")
BFL 0 failure, disabling!

Is there a setting somewhere, so that it will detect them again after they've been disabled due to a power outage so they can begin mining again?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 03:08:31 PM

I've got cgminer running on a laptop, so if there's a power outage it will keep running, but it may lose network connectivity and the BFL singles will lose power.

I tried to simulate a power outage, and cgminer disabled the Singles.  When I plugged the power back in, it was just stuck... it wouldn't re-enable them.

Error writing to BitForce ("ZFX")
BFL 0 failure, disabling!

Is there a setting somewhere, so that it will detect them again after they've been disabled due to a power outage so they can begin mining again?

Why not just have a computer start mining at the appropriate time when it boots?
Thus when you have a power outage and it can't mine due to BFL's losing power ... the computer wont be doing anything either.
Then when power is restored and the computer boots up, it will then start mining again ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
dave3

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 03:28:11 PM

Why not just have a computer start mining at the appropriate time when it boots?
Thus when you have a power outage and it can't mine due to BFL's losing power ... the computer wont be doing anything either.
Then when power is restored and the computer boots up, it will then start mining again ...

It's because the computer I have to use is a laptop, so it automatically runs on it's battery when the power goes out.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 04:24:15 PM

It's because the computer I have to use is a laptop, so it automatically runs on it's battery when the power goes out.

Remove the battery Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
dave3

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:38:08 AM

This is probably a bad way to do it, but I just found the section in cgminer.c with the disabled message and changed it to exit.

Code:
			if (unlikely(!hashes)) {
applog(LOG_ERR, "%s %d failure, disabling!", api->name, cgpu->device_id);
cgpu->deven = DEV_DISABLED;

cgpu->device_last_not_well = time(NULL);
cgpu->device_not_well_reason = REASON_THREAD_ZERO_HASH;
cgpu->thread_zero_hash_count++;

goto disabled;
}

Code:
Changed:
goto disabled;

To:
exit(1);

Then I start it with a .bat file:

Code:
:loop
C:\cgminer\cgminer.exe -S COM8 -S COM9
timeout /T 60
goto loop

Now if I pull the plug on the BFL Singles, it stops and waits for 60 seconds and then tries to restart again.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 03:33:42 AM

New version - 2.4.2, June 3rd 2012

Human readable changelog:
-Longpoll will now finally only connect to the main pool unless you switch pools, and then it will drop the longpoll on the next block if you are still on the new pool. This should complete the rework to make cgminer have the absolute optimum number of connections open at any one time - the minimum possible while having the best hashrate, and will likely decrease the lost work across block changes. No solution to multipool+LP here was going to be perfect but this seemed the best overall to miners and pools alike.
-The windows crash at 7 days which occurred thanks to the AMD driver fuckage should be fixed. Now it will behave the way it used to behave:you'll just lose your fan monitoring once the driver has fucked up.
-New Icarus code should scan more of each work item and has some hidden advanced timing options (see new readme file)
-Saved config file when there are no GPUs should no longer be corrupt.
-Separate READMEs for API and FPGA evolving.

Full changelog
- API.class compiled with Java SE 6.0_03 - works with Win7x64
- miner.php highlight devs too slow finding shares (possibly failing)
- API update version to V1.11 and document changes
- API save default config file if none specified
- api.c save success incorrectly returns error
- api.c replace BUFSIZ (linux/windows have different values)
- Move RPC API content out of README to API-README
- Open a longpoll connection if a pool is in the REJECTING state as it's the
only way to re-enable it automatically.
- Use only one longpoll as much as possible by using a pthread conditional
broadcast that each longpoll thread waits on and checks if it's the current pool
before
- If shares are known stale, don't use them to decide to disable a pool for
sequential rejects.
- Restarting cgminer from within after ADL has been corrupted only leads to a
crash. Display a warning only and disable fanspeed monitoring.
- Icarus: fix abort calculation/allow user specified abort
- Icarus: make --icarus-timing hidden and document it in FPGA-README
- Icarus: high accuracy timing and other bitstream speed support
- add-MIPSEB-to-icarus-for-BIG_ENDIAN
- work_decode only needs swab32 on midstate under BIG ENDIAN
- add compile command to api-example.c
- save config bugfix: writing an extra ',' when no gpus
- Add dpkg-source commits

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 04:41:22 AM

Kano,
Do you have a list of each version of your API, and what it adds? Change log type thing?
NEWS file

I'm pretty certain I've changed the version number every time for a new release with new commands or new data.

Edit: also - it's highly consistent from one version to the next - new fields are added to the end - the order is never changed ... with CGMiner

Edit2: hmm looks like some of the NEWS descriptions don't say the actual API version numbers very often
(I guess I'll need to check the git why ...)
As per 2.4.2 (as stated above), the new API-README also includes, at the bottom, information showing the API versions, the cgminer version it was released in and also the changes from an external point of view
e.g. commands added/changed, fields added and such

bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:20:20 PM

Should I be running "--no-submit-stale " when I use BFL (FPGA)?
Tittiez

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:27:28 PM

Depends which pool your using.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:36:22 PM

Probably not. "--no-submit-stale" is basically broken-by-design, but exists because it is technically required by the old longpoll specification. I say broken-by-design because it tries to guess which shares are stale based on insufficient information (this algorithm is also required by the old LP spec): whenever a longpoll is received, all shares found on old work is discarded. Many pools are using longpolls even when the old shares are still valid as a way to improve the Bitcoin network (by processing more transactions) - at least Eligius, EclipseMC, and TripleMining to my knowledge. p2pool also expects valid blocks to be found in stale shares, so you don't want to discard those either. Additionally, discarding stale shares makes all pools' website stats underreport your stale rate. So if you do use "--no-submit-stale", anything your pool tells you about your stales is wrong. On the other hand, submitting stales doesn't hurt unless your internet connection can't handle your mining rigs (in which case, your mining experience will suffer all the time there isn't a longpoll!).

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 02:39:46 PM

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated ckolivas !

Anybody know the answer to my previous question, though :

They will only clock back up if the temperature drops enough again.

How long will this take ? I left them about 15 minutes after the heat stopped and the cold begun and they did not clock back automatically ( I had to do it manually ).

Thanks !

Anybody know how much this "unthrottling" takes once the source of heat is gone ?

It seems that the cards do clock back up after some time ( as ckolivas said ) but I still have not managed to determine after how long.

I left them overnight and they did clock back up !
rkozola

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 03:42:40 PM

Is there a known issue trying to run 5 or more BFL singles under windows in either 2.4.1 or 2.4.2?  2.3.6 seems to be able to handle 5 singles fine.  But every time I try to run all five under a single instance with 2.4.1 or 2.4.2, I get a crash in libpdcurses.dll.

Faulting application name: cgminer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4fcad128
Faulting module name: libpdcurses.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f460f95
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000012fe
Faulting process id: 0xb24
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd419e02e067d8
Faulting application path: C:\Users\miner\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.2-win32\cgminer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\miner\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.2-win32\libpdcurses.dll
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 03:53:49 PM

Is there a known issue trying to run 5 or more BFL singles under windows in either 2.4.1 or 2.4.2?  2.3.6 seems to be able to handle 5 singles fine.  But every time I try to run all five under a single instance with 2.4.1 or 2.4.2, I get a crash in libpdcurses.dll.

Faulting application name: cgminer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4fcad128
Faulting module name: libpdcurses.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f460f95
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000012fe
Faulting process id: 0xb24
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd419e02e067d8
Faulting application path: C:\Users\miner\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.2-win32\cgminer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\miner\Desktop\cgminer-2.4.2-win32\libpdcurses.dll

I think I saw a thread elsewhere here that said if you increase the size of the command window in windows, it might solve this problem.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: