New version: 2.3.2 March 31 2012
Despite the huge changelog, there should be little risk in updating, with extra features and enhancements that don't affect the internals dramatically which is why the version number is still 2.3.xHuman readable changes:
Better BFL support.
Support for Icarus devices
Better hashrate calculator
Massive rewrite of poclbm kernel for fastest hashrate yet on 2.6 SDKs.
Minor updates to diablo kernel.
Updated diapolo kernel.
Attempt to get ADL stats again if they stop working.
Fanspeed starts at 50% now instead of 85% in auto mode.
Extra RPC API features.
Discarded stale counter won't rise if stales are force submitted.
Display the beginning of the new block in verbose mode in the logs.
Fixed dual GPU device fancontrol.
Monitor app started with -m should be terminated on cgminer exit.Full changelog:
- Damping small changes in hashrate so dramatically has the tendency to always
make the hashrate underread so go back to gentle damping instead.
- Revert the crossover of variables from Vals to W in poclbm kernel now that
Vals are the first declared variables so they're used more frequently.
- Vals variables appearing first in the array in poclbm is faster.
- Change the preferred vector width to 1 for Tahiti only, not all poclbm
- Use a time constant 0.63 for when large changes in hashrate are detected to
damp change in case the large change is an aliasing artefact instead of a real
- Only increment stale counter if the detected stales are discarded.
- Attempt to re-initialise ADL should a device that previously reported fanspeed
stops reporting it.
- Move the ADL setup and clearing to separate functions and provide a reinit_adl
function to be used when adl fails while running.
- Use slightly more damping on the decay time function in the never-ending quest
to smooth off the hashmeter.
- Set the starting fanspeed to a safe and fairly neutral 50% when autofan is
- Provide locking around updates of cgpu hashrates as well to prevent multiple
threads accessing data fields on the same device.
- Display the beginning of the new block in verbose mode in the logs.
- Reinstate old diablo kernel variable ordering from 120222, adding only goffset
and vector size hint. The massive variable ordering change only helped one SDK
- Change the version number on the correct kernels.
- api.c devicecode/osinfo incorrectly swapped for json
- Add extensive instructions on how to make a native windows build.
- Update version numbers of poclbm and diablo kernels as their APIs have also
- Use global offset parameter to diablo and poclbm kernel ONLY for 1 vector
- Use poclbm preferentially on Tahiti now regardless of SDK.
- Remove unused constant passed to poclbm.
- Clean up use of macros in poclbm and use bitselect everywhere possible.
- Add vector type hint to diablo kernel.
- Add worksize and vector attribute hints to the poclbm kernel.
- Spaces for non-aligned variables in poclbm.
- More tidying of poclbm.
- Swap Vals and W variables where they can overlap in poclbm.
- More tidying of poclbm.
- Tidy up first half of poclbm.
- Clean up use of any() by diablo and poclbm kernels.
- Minor variable symmetry changes in poclbm.
- Put additions on separate lines for consistency in poclbm.
- Consolidate last use of W11 into Vals4 in poclbm.
- Change email due to SPAM
- api.c miner.php add a '*' to the front of all notify counters - simplifies
future support of new counters
- miner.php add display 'notify' command
- Small change to help arch's without processor affinity
- Fix bitforce compile error
- api.c notify should report disabled devices also - of course
- API returns the simple device history with the 'notify' command
- code changes for supporting a simple device history
- api.c Report an OS string in config to help with device issues
- api.c fix Log Interval - integer in JSON
- api.c config 'Device Code' to show list of compiled devices + README
- api.c increase buffer size close to current code allowable limit
- removed 8-component vector support from kernel, as this is not supported in
- forgot to update kernel modification date, fixed
- reordered an addition in the kernel, which results in less instructions used
in the GPU ISA code for GCN
- miner.php: option for readonly or check privileged access
- Ignore reduntant-with-build options --disable-gpu, --no-adl, and --no-restart
- miner.php: ereg_replace is DEPRECATED so use preg_replace instead
- Make curses TUI support optional at compile-time.
- Bugfix: AC_ARG_WITH provides withval instead of enableval
- miner.php split devs output for different devices
- api.c: correct error messages
- icarus.c modify (regular) timeout warning to only be debug
- icarus.c set the windows TODO timeout
- Allow specifying a specific driver for --scan-serial
- optimized nonce-check and output code for -v 2 and -v 4
- Bugfix: Check for libudev header (not just library) in configure, and document
- Add API support for Icarus and Bitforce
- Next API version is 1.4 (1.3 is current)
- README/api.c add "When" the request was processed to STATUS
- Bugfix: ZLX to read BitFORCE temp, not ZKX -.-
- Use libudev to autodetect BitFORCE GPUs, if available
- Use the return value of fan_autotune to set fan_optimal instead of passing it
as a pointer.
- Pass the lasttemp from the device we're using to adjust fanspeed in twin
- fix the name to 3 chars, fix the multi-icarus support
- Bugfix: "-S auto" is the default if no -S is specified, and there is no such
delay in using it
- README add information missing from --scan-serial
- Update README RPC API Version comment
- Bugfix: Allow enabling CPU even without OpenCL support
- Change failed-to-mine number of requested shares messge to avoid segfault on
recursive calling of quit().
- Get rid of extra char which is just truncated in poclbm kernel.
- only small code formating changes
- removed vec_step() as this could lead to errors on older SDKs
- unified code for generating nonce in kernel and moved addition of base to the
end -> faster