Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 [683] 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589763 times)
androstan1234

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:17:40 PM

My 6-gpu rig runs fine on genoil, but in claymore one of the GPUs has 0 hashrate from the beginning, hangs in OpenCLL, claymore restarts, then the system becomes non-responsive.

Since it runs fine on genoil, I'm not sure what the problem could be?

PSU, the riser and the distribution of the power cables also can cause this. Especially pay attention on the PSU rails distribution among the VGA cards and try to move the power connectors to ensure they connect well. However some details could help: psu, vgas, risers, anything.

I assumed the problem was unique to claymore, since genoil is working.  I don't understand why a riser would work on genoil by not claymore.

The cards are:  XFX RX 480 8GB; MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB; MSI Twin Frozr 4 GB; Powercolor RX 580 Red Dragon 4 GB; and ASUS Rog Strix RX 580 8GB.

PSU is EVGA 1kW.

I don't remember where the risers came from.

Running on Windows 10.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eth_mining

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:38:55 PM

Help pls !!

When I try to mine in Windows 10 with 1 RX 470 and 2 RX 570, I get 24 MHS per card after bios mod.. HDMI/monitor is connected to mother board hdmi.. But afterburber will not let me make any change.. Everything is disabled.. If i switch my hdmi connection to one of the cards, Afterburner works and I am able to overclock all cards.. But I only get 27-28 MHS on the card that has HDMI connected.. Remaining 2 cards get 4 MHS Sad.. Any suggestions?

I used dvi-d to vga (with 68 ohm resistors) dummy plug on other 2 cards.. But it wouldnt help at all.. Still 4 MHS.. Sad

I also tried using Sapphire trixx but it is not applying overclock settings.. And unable to monitor temperature as well.. Very badly need afterburner or some way to overclock and monitor temperature on claymore...
crypto.bin101

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 05:40:21 PM

Help pls !!

When I try to mine in Windows 10 with 1 RX 470 and 2 RX 570, I get 24 MHS per card after bios mod.. HDMI/monitor is connected to mother board hdmi.. But afterburber will not let me make any change.. Everything is disabled.. If i switch my hdmi connection to one of the cards, Afterburner works and I am able to overclock all cards.. But I only get 27-28 MHS on the card that has HDMI connected.. Remaining 2 cards get 4 MHS Sad.. Any suggestions?

I used dvi-d to vga (with 68 ohm resistors) dummy plug on other 2 cards.. But it wouldnt help at all.. Still 4 MHS.. Sad

Try to update windows 10 with latest patch.
Saphire

Activity: 602
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:44:45 PM

OC settings :

Core clock +100
Mem clock +1600
PL : 150W per GPU
-dcri 50

+1600 for Memory?
Can you paste a screen shot please. I afraid over +800 OC.
yany

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 05:47:48 PM

My 6-gpu rig runs fine on genoil, but in claymore one of the GPUs has 0 hashrate from the beginning, hangs in OpenCLL, claymore restarts, then the system becomes non-responsive.

Since it runs fine on genoil, I'm not sure what the problem could be?

PSU, the riser and the distribution of the power cables also can cause this. Especially pay attention on the PSU rails distribution among the VGA cards and try to move the power connectors to ensure they connect well. However some details could help: psu, vgas, risers, anything.

I assumed the problem was unique to claymore, since genoil is working.  I don't understand why a riser would work on genoil by not claymore.

The cards are:  XFX RX 480 8GB; MSI RX 580 Armor 8GB; MSI Twin Frozr 4 GB; Powercolor RX 580 Red Dragon 4 GB; and ASUS Rog Strix RX 580 8GB.

PSU is EVGA 1kW.

I don't remember where the risers came from.

Running on Windows 10.

I understand, however as they are two different codes, they may load the cards in a bit different way. That may be enough to unveil an unstable connection between your components or some poor quality chips on one of the risers. At least I recommend to try out to change a riser on that card and put it on another one. Same stuff with the cables connected (power/data). This can lead you to the weak point easily, if there's any. The fact that genoil runs with no issue does not mean your rig is fully stable. However, I can see you mixed VGA cards from rather different manufacturers. Claymore's code might have some bug handling this case, but I suppose, there's no any vendor-specific code in the source. Maybe (!) it's sensitive to the mixed sizes of VRAMs.

Anyway, please ensure, that you installed all the updates on your OS (including Creative update in the case of Win10) and use the latest official drivers. with 17.6.2 I had no issues, but I tested Radeon only in a single setup.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:49:13 PM

the problem is dvi-d.. the dvi to vga adapter with resister trick only works with dvi-i.

you need an active dummy plug.
eth_mining

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:06:01 PM

the problem is dvi-d.. the dvi to vga adapter with resister trick only works with dvi-i.

Oh shoot.. I didnt know that the dummy plug method will not work on dvi-d adapters.. Whats an active plug? Should I buy or can it be made? Should i also buy some HDMI dummy plugs? Some of my cards dont have hdmi.. And they are expensive as well ($12 per)... Also, not everyone has this problem.. So I am wondering if some mother board bios settings or something can help fix this??

Try to update windows 10 with latest patch.

I went to windows update and let it do its thing.. I hope its the latest.. But that didnt really help as well
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:05:00 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 07:17:25 PM by vapourminer

Oh shoot.. I didnt know that the dummy plug method will not work on dvi-d adapters.. Whats an active plug? Should I buy or can it be made? Should i also buy some HDMI dummy plugs? Some of my cards dont have hdmi.. And they are expensive as well ($12 per)... Also, not everyone has this problem.. So I am wondering if some mother board bios settings or something can help fix this??

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812400402

its not a dummy plug per se, its an active converter, but this is the one i bought. works well. used it for an old kvm that only had vga inputs i had. should work without needing a display attached but if worse comes to worse, you can then use the resister trick on the vga plug side. that would fake it out into thinking a vga was connected.

the reason some passive adapters work is some cards are dvi-i, others dvi-d. so depends on the card. support for dvi-i seems to be being phased out with newer cards.

dvi-i plugs have the vga circuitry built in so can use passive adapters, dvi-d does not. so the active converter holds the vga conversion circuitry.

i know lots of folks use hdmi dummy plugs with great success but im in the same boat you are, some of my cards do not have hdmi so i went with a dvi adapter.

Vlizze

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:21:54 PM

Can ETC and Expanse also be solo-mined, as opposed to pool-mined?

Thanks
eth_mining

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:28:16 PM

its not a dummy plug per se, its an active converter, but this is the one i bought. works well. used it for an old kvm that only had vga inputs i had. should work without needing a display attached but if worse comes to worse, you can then use the resister trick on the vga plug side. that would fake it out into thinking a vga was connected.

the reason some passive adapters work is some cards are dvi-i, others dvi-d. so depends on the card. support for dvi-i seems to be being phased out with newer cards.

dvi-i plugs have the vga circuitry built in so can use passive adapters, dvi-d does not. so the active converter holds the vga conversion circuitry.

i know lots of folks use hdmi dummy plugs with great success but im in the same boat you are, some of my cards do not have hdmi so i went with a dvi adapter.

Thanks for the response.. Appreciated.. Did you have slow (4 MHS) hashing problem as well.. Will the dummy plugs definitely fix it? Should I try plugging hdmi to 2 cards and see if they both mine at good rate to confirm the issue before buying plugs? Also, How about these? It is much cheaper

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VC8NNL/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2972357942&pd_rd_wg=zuSMK&pf_rd_r=R7AH6X5Q067SYF6WRNMX&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B071VC8NNL&pd_rd_w=T0JZf&pf_rd_i=Dvi-d+display+emulator&pd_rd_r=EFDDRGRDAD5YYGFBBTY1&ie=UTF8&qid=1500664888&sr=3

Also, is it ok to overclock and control temperature in claymore directly? Using the mcclock cclock parameters.. Will they work fine in windows? I read somewhere that it does not work well.. If it works I can get rid of afterburner and connect the hdmi directly to mobo (since the cards mine at 24 MHS.. Just need to find a way to control overclocking and temperatures)... Is that a solution for me instead of these plugs?
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:49:17 PM

Hey Claymore, I see the miner uses Cuda 6.1. Do you think the recent Cuda 8.0 release could result in any speedup?

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:58:08 PM

Thanks for the response.. Appreciated.. Did you have slow (4 MHS) hashing problem as well.. Will the dummy plugs definitely fix it? Should I try plugging hdmi to 2 cards and see if they both mine at good rate to confirm the issue before buying plugs? Also, How about these? It is much cheaper

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VC8NNL/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2972357942&pd_rd_wg=zuSMK&pf_rd_r=R7AH6X5Q067SYF6WRNMX&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B071VC8NNL&pd_rd_w=T0JZf&pf_rd_i=Dvi-d+display+emulator&pd_rd_r=EFDDRGRDAD5YYGFBBTY1&ie=UTF8&qid=1500664888&sr=3

Also, is it ok to overclock and control temperature in claymore directly? Using the mcclock cclock parameters.. Will they work fine in windows? I read somewhere that it does not work well.. If it works I can get rid of afterburner and connect the hdmi directly to mobo (since the cards mine at 24 MHS.. Just need to find a way to control overclocking and temperatures)... Is that a solution for me instead of these plugs?

i never had the 4 mhz problem as i always had a mining card plugged into either a monitor or kvm. only one card is plugged into the display/kvm, it was always the main (primary) card in the primary 16x (ie closest to cpu) slot. all other cards have no plugs.

that one you linked should work fine, it is an active dummy plug. but i would definitely try plugging a problem card (not the mobos built in display) into a hdmi display to be sure but from what ive read, the 4 mhs problem is well know, as is the dummy plug solution.

i use afterburner, not cdm. seems more reliable. so cant answer that.

from what ive read, you will not be able to read temps or change clocks (with anything.. ab, trixx or cdm commands) unless at least one mining card has a dummy plug or display connected directly to it.
eth_mining

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:16:18 PM

i never had the 4 mhz problem as i always had a mining card plugged into either a monitor or kvm. only one card is plugged into the display/kvm, it was always the main (primary) card in the primary 16x (ie closest to cpu) slot. all other cards have no plugs.

that one you linked should work fine, it is an active dummy plug. but i would definitely try plugging a problem card (not the mobos built in display) into a hdmi display to be sure but from what ive read, the 4 mhs problem is well know, as is the dummy plug solution.

from what ive read, you will not be able to read temps or change clocks (with anything.. ab, trixx or cdm commands) unless at least one mining card has a dummy plug or display connected directly to it.

Ok.. I got confused now.. So in your 6 gpu rig, only one card has a monitor or dummy plug connected? Not all cards need a dummy plug?

I already tried plugging in hdmi directly into one of the cards.. That card alone will mine at 28 MHS but the rest will mine at 4 MHS.. So I assume I will need a dummy plug for each of those cards to make them work?

Sorry about the repeated posts.. Wasnt sure if you read that I have tried HDMI directly into one of the cards..
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:26:07 PM

Ok.. I got confused now.. So in your 6 gpu rig, only one card has a monitor or dummy plug connected? Not all cards need a dummy plug?

I already tried plugging in hdmi directly into one of the cards.. That card alone will mine at 28 MHS but the rest will mine at 4 MHS.. So I assume I will need a dummy plug for each of those cards to make them work?

Sorry about the repeated posts.. Wasnt sure if you read that I have tried HDMI directly into one of the cards..

i have a 5 card rig on win7.. 390, 2x470, 460, 1070. the 470 in the primary pcie slot is connected to a kvm. all others have nothing plugged into them. all mine at the correct rate. i have never personally had the 4 mhs bug.

i do know that at least one mining card (at least for amd rigs) needs a display or dummy plug in windows for temp/clock settings to work.

i have read the fix for the 4 mhs bug is a dummy plug (and for sure with your dvi-d cards it would need to be an active one). i am not sure if each low performing card needs one or not. i think i read that you can use a dummy plug to fix a low speed card then move the plug to another low speed card and fix that. not 100% on how that works. sorry.

possibly a combination of cards, mobo, driver versions? dunno. im running win7, 16.11 for the amd cards on a gigabyte z97x ud3h mobo, 850 evga g2.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 09:07:31 PM

OC settings :

Core clock +100
Mem clock +1600
-dcri 50

+1600 for Memory?

I am new here, i agree, but i dont lie Wink

I got a soft miner reset 1 hours and XXm ago from GPU5 ... 1 on 8 card cant do the job ... so i do for only GPU5 +1200 on mem
I just check ur message so i post u this screen after the reset, project is up to no PL limit and +1750 each card, and i dont say, heat limit is 70C

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:23:02 PM

Help pls !!

I also tried using Sapphire trixx but it is not applying overclock settings.. And unable to monitor temperature as well.. Very badly need afterburner or some way to overclock and monitor temperature on claymore...

Make sure you have crossfire disabled
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:50:32 PM

OC settings :

Core clock +100
Mem clock +1600
-dcri 50

+1600 for Memory?

I got a soft miner reset 1 hours and XXm ago from GPU5 ... 1 on 8 card cant do the job ... so i do for only GPU5 +1200 on mem
I just check ur message so i post u this screen after the reset, project is up to no PL limit and +1750 each card, and i dont say, heat limit is 70C

And your cards are?
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 10:18:44 PM

OC settings :

Core clock +100
Mem clock +1600
-dcri 50

+1600 for Memory?

And your cards are?

U can see this details on first post Wink
Add a link :

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1070-O8G/

Get 8 for 3k € i am a french frog  Grin

New post from rig so far so good :

http://imgur.com/a/k0AUy ( i leave it from url cause quote on /img balise fuck the link ! )

I gona test new setting to +1750 mem tommorow dont want to check the RIG all night long, i dont want hard reset to long ... Soft reset is like 30 sec, max 3-4 day.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
KGV

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:44:45 PM

The DAG epoch issue: it seems AMD fixed it for Vega in drivers and now they are working on Polaris. New drivers will be available soon, may be in two weeks or so.

Thank you.

Red Army is waiting Smiley
don.ton

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:17:53 AM

The DAG epoch issue: it seems AMD fixed it for Vega in drivers and now they are working on Polaris. New drivers will be available soon, may be in two weeks or so.

What about Baffin ?
I have many rx 460, should I sell them or the new driver will solve the epoch issue on Baffins also ?
Pages: « 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 [683] 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: