Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:00:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Blade Setup  (Read 580726 times)
DickMS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 04:59:08 AM

Ummm, Vulgartrendkill, I've refreshed both config pages many, many times.... doesn't seem to matter.... all the numbers stay in the same ballpark. I don't expect them to be great, but being off by a factor of 10-20 seems to indicate something wrong...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:04:00 AM

Ummm, Vulgartrendkill, I've refreshed both config pages many, many times.... doesn't seem to matter.... all the numbers stay in the same ballpark. I don't expect them to be great, but being off by a factor of 10-20 seems to indicate something wrong...

Ok, well If your pool or mining software is showing the correct values, I shouldn't worry too much, as in my experience with blades that is the more accurate.  I assume you have adequate cooling?  I recently added a 20cm fan to my set up and the config pages showed a 400 mh jump in both blades.

I understand your concerns, but as I said, the config pages are inaccurate to say the least.  Sounds like they are both hashing ok to me.
DickMS

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:58:09 AM

Ok, well If your pool or mining software is showing the correct values, I shouldn't worry too much, as in my experience with blades that is the more accurate.  I assume you have adequate cooling?  I recently added a 20cm fan to my set up and the config pages showed a 400 mh jump in both blades.

I understand your concerns, but as I said, the config pages are inaccurate to say the least.  Sounds like they are both hashing ok to me.

Well, my non-contact laser thermometer says the hottest point in either blade is about 40 degrees C. That's the column of chips that is furthest from the 110 cfm fan, on the front board (no air channel in front of it, so the far end gets less flow). Both heatsinks register at 25-30 deg C (lower nearest the fan).

I guess I'll just be satisfied with the hashing reported by BitMinter. Sure seems pathetic to pay $500/board, and not have the firmware be even vaguely accurate. You'd think that the manufacturer would open source the firmware, if only to get more quality in his next round of boards, more quickly. I'd sure spend the time to buff up the firmware if they did!
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 07:04:19 AM

Ok, well If your pool or mining software is showing the correct values, I shouldn't worry too much, as in my experience with blades that is the more accurate.  I assume you have adequate cooling?  I recently added a 20cm fan to my set up and the config pages showed a 400 mh jump in both blades.

I understand your concerns, but as I said, the config pages are inaccurate to say the least.  Sounds like they are both hashing ok to me.

Well, my non-contact laser thermometer says the hottest point in either blade is about 40 degrees C. That's the column of chips that is furthest from the 110 cfm fan, on the front board (no air channel in front of it, so the far end gets less flow). Both heatsinks register at 25-30 deg C (lower nearest the fan).

I guess I'll just be satisfied with the hashing reported by BitMinter. Sure seems pathetic to pay $500/board, and not have the firmware be even vaguely accurate. You'd think that the manufacturer would open source the firmware, if only to get more quality in his next round of boards, more quickly. I'd sure spend the time to buff up the firmware if they did!

Yeah I was thinking that.  What I'd really like is for v2 blades to have stratum support (surely thats possible, right?) So no faffing with proxies etc.  Still, BFG now has one built in.

Sorry I couldn't be of any further help.  I'm still learning about the blades too.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 10:02:46 AM

Question:

Does my 100mbps network switch have enough throughput to cope with 2 blades at 10.3 gh and 2 other miners (on the way) using ethernet (rated at 32gh each)?

The reason I ask is because I seem to be getting a lot of rejected/stale shares with my blades. my total hash rate currently is approx 22.5gh with the blades.

Does anyone know what how much network throughput Blades use per second?  surely its Kb and not Mb?
Caesium

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:14:24 AM

Does my 100mbps network switch have enough throughput to cope with 2 blades at 10.3 gh and 2 other miners (on the way) using ethernet (rated at 32gh each)?

Does anyone know what how much network throughput Blades use per second?  surely its Kb and not Mb?

Yes it does. Mining uses a few kb/s, a 100Mb switch is plenty. Are you using a local proxy?

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 10:15:50 AM

do you know how to run blades with raspberry pi (raspian) ?

bfgminer 3.2.90

to reproduce

git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
./autogen.sh
 ./configure --disable-opencl --disable-bitforce --disable-adl --disable-modminer --disable-ztex --disable-avalon --disable-icarus --disable-modminer --disable-x6500 --with-microhttpd
make
./bfgminer --http-port 8332
./bfgminer: --http-port: unrecognized option

thanks
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 10:23:06 AM

Yes it does. Mining uses a few kb/s, a 100Mb switch is plenty. Are you using a local proxy?

I'm using bfg 3.2.1 on a win 7 laptop.  bbxx, I dont have a clue about linux! I'd love to get a pi and mess about to get it to work, but I'm not sure I have the patience.  I know windows 7, so decided to stick with it. 
pidge

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:28:46 AM

Question:

The reason I ask is because I seem to be getting a lot of rejected/stale shares with my blades. my total hash rate currently is approx 22.5gh with the blades.

The Microchip ethernet adapter on the blades is 10Mbps adapter.This is plenty for the traffic the blade could generate (tops of about 60kpbs I think).

I'm having odd behaviours with the three I have running through BFGMiner - they'll hash fine for hours on end, then "sulk" for a few hours, not accepting the work provided, then carry on working.

And I've got my handy HTML page to watch them all side by side, and auto refresh the stats (I've got BFGminer on 8330, and mining_proxy on 8331.  the blades sulk with both of them at the same time, so is supect I've got problems with access to BTCGuild (the pool I use), I suppose I should add a different pool instead...)

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 10:48:24 AM

Question:

I'm having odd behaviours with the three I have running through BFGMiner - they'll hash fine for hours on end, then "sulk" for a few hours, not accepting the work provided, then carry on working.

Very similar to what I get.  my 2 do about 2000 shares then bash out 5 rejected then continue hashing.  bfg shows my rejected rate at 4%.  That just seems high to me.
b0t

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:09:13 PM

do you know how to run blades with raspberry pi (raspian) ?

bfgminer 3.2.90

to reproduce

git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer.git
./autogen.sh
 ./configure --disable-opencl --disable-bitforce --disable-adl --disable-modminer --disable-ztex --disable-avalon --disable-icarus --disable-modminer --disable-x6500 --with-microhttpd
make
./bfgminer --http-port 8332
./bfgminer: --http-port: unrecognized option

thanks

try: (difference with "lib" in --with)
 ./configure --disable-opencl --disable-bitforce --disable-adl --disable-modminer --disable-ztex --disable-avalon --disable-icarus --disable-modminer --disable-x6500 --with-libmicrohttpd
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 02:30:39 PM

Regarding proxy software (stratum) I have to reccomend BFGMiner over Slush's proxy. I've used both for awhile now and BFG comes out much better. The blades don't have near as many issues, and the work shares are more consistent.

In addition to making sure the blades work like a charm, it's nice being able to see aggregate stats on the blade farm in one spot without using html. I'm convinced that html request processing on the blade's part causes network issues for the blades.

Anyhow, 3 thumbs up to luke-jr and bfgminer.

For this thread to be considered 'comprehensive', I suggest the OP provide software proxy info on the first post, as the thread has had folks inquiring about it. I suggest BFGminer as the primary focus, Slush's should also be mentioned. Just a suggestion.

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 06:40:03 PM

Regarding proxy software (stratum) I have to reccomend BFGMiner over Slush's proxy. I've used both for awhile now and BFG comes out much better. The blades don't have near as many issues, and the work shares are more consistent.

In addition to making sure the blades work like a charm, it's nice being able to see aggregate stats on the blade farm in one spot without using html. I'm convinced that html request processing on the blade's part causes network issues for the blades.

For this thread to be considered 'comprehensive', I suggest the OP provide software proxy info on the first post, as the thread has had folks inquiring about it. I suggest BFGminer as the primary focus, Slush's should also be mentioned. Just a suggestion.

+1.

Less hassle all round.My bfg 3.2.1 been going for 4 days straight no issues Smiley
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:40:59 PM

Is this the Windows or Linux BFGMiner?  What code do you use in BFG so it sees the Blades?
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 07:56:05 PM

Is this the Windows or Linux BFGMiner?  What code do you use in BFG so it sees the Blades?

i use raspberry pi Smiley
raspian + newest bfg
git clone, automake, configure (tricky), make and done Smiley
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:44:18 PM

I tried zet mining with my blade. Ive been getting equal shares and rejects from Zetpool in a 4 hour period

3440 Accepted  Rejects 215+3123 HW 2%

Is there a cause for this? I switched to zeta.dsync.com and received 3100 shares in 8 hours. 

Similar issues is Asic Coin, I have high "Job Not found" errors

I use Bfgminer, since Mining Proxy, looses connection to my Blade often
jtkanpp2

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:15:42 PM

I finally got my bade going.

When I initially set it up I was using 10.0.1.60/255.255.255.0 as my IP address for the blade behind a PIX 515E firewall. It would start to get work right away but then within two minutes the blade would reboot due to not receiving any more work.

What I had to do was put a Linksys router between my pix 515E and the blade and use an IP of 192.168.1.x in order for it the blade to work as it should.

Just throwing that out there.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:26:13 PM

ok, I'm sett5ing up an old style blade. I have this issue:

Also, a bit of a tip for fresh asic Blade Runners (heh):
The initial post doesn't tell that your home network should be in the same subnet than your Blade. Blade's subnet is originally 192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0. My home network is 192.168.0.x 255.255.255.0, so I had a little bit of trouble at connecting the Blade's config page. The only thing I could do was to change my home network to the Blade's original one (and my PCs ip address too, at least to automatic and release and renew the address), change the Blade's subnet and other settings to 192.168.0.x and revert my home networks setting to the one that all my other network devices use (easier this way than to convert all the other devices to use 192.168.1.x subnet).

I'm not real comfortable messing with my router. Is there some other way to change the Blade to 192.168.0.xxx? Since this is a common problem they should have used more than one IP and made it selectable with a DIP switch.
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 10:43:35 PM

The initial post doesn't tell that your home network should be in the same subnet than your Blade. Blade's subnet is originally 192.168.1.x 255.255.255.0. My home network is 192.168.0.x 255.255.255.0, so I had a little bit of trouble at connecting the Blade's config page. The only thing I could do was to change my home network to the Blade's original one (and my PCs ip address too, at least to automatic and release and renew the address), change the Blade's subnet and other settings to 192.168.0.x and revert my home networks setting to the one that all my other network devices use (easier this way than to convert all the other devices to use 192.168.1.x subnet).

I'm not real comfortable messing with my router. Is there some other way to change the Blade to 192.168.0.xxx? Since this is a common problem they should have used more than one IP and made it selectable with a DIP switch.

If you have a crossover cable around you can plug the blade straight into your network card in your pc. You will manually have to set the pc's Ip to match the blades current configuration for the ip subnet.

Then navigate to the blade settings, change them to work with your router configuration. Then disconnect the blade and plug it into the router, it should find it by then. Restore your pc original Ip setting and you should be up an running
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:04:39 PM

If you have a crossover cable around you can plug the blade straight into your network card in your pc. You will manually have to set the pc's Ip to match the blades current configuration for the ip subnet.

Then navigate to the blade settings, change them to work with your router configuration. Then disconnect the blade and plug it into the router, it should find it by then. Restore your pc original Ip setting and you should be up an running

Is a crossover cable really needed? i thought that i read somewhere that network cards autosense. or was that something else?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: