Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 10:28:10 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 830 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.9.2  (Read 4817491 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 09:14:56 AM

Or if anyone is interested in additions after 2.7.5 Smiley

The master branch in my git has a rather large number of commits I've worked on in the last 24 hours (and a couple before that)
The list is: debug control in the API, generic HW error handling for all devices except ztex, Diff1 information, BFL identify via a led flash, BFL throttle counter in 'notify' and a few other bit and pieces.

The pull request is here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/pull/310 that shows them all.
That is simply my master branch - and each change I've done I keep adding to that pull request.

Anyone interested in any of those additions feel free to compile my master and let me know if you have any problems.
I haven't changed the ztex code coz I don't have any ztex hardware and the original code does some weird shit dealing with HW errors - if someone has a ztex and has time to visit IRC I could add some changes in another branch and get them to test it also.

Thanks for anyone who can test this.

Edit: of course this is what I am running on my 2 rigs - BFL, and ICA+GPU

I built it last night on 32bit Ubuntu 12.04. It's been running for 8hrs and is showing a modest amount of HW errors for my CM1 board.

Looks good Smiley
Thanks! - let me know if you find any problems.

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Askit2

Activity: 524

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:25:58 PM

It looks like I can adjust cgminer to fix my problem of ~10% stales. If eclipsemc is working well I can run a scan time of about 90. If I use gpumax to pass work to gpumax I need to have scan time set to 30 or less. it does give me around 8 stales in a row I would assume But I hacked it so that I wouldn't get kicked off gpumax by using eclipsemc's diff10 server prior to remembering this setting. I get 1-2 stales. Granted all the accepted are less frequent too. My average stales on that pool went from `9.8 to 9.5 now that isn't great but my overall submission rate is far lower too so the average would take a while to drop. I really didn't want to restart but it would give me numbers earlier.
For a serious question. Would compliling the API C file just require using minGW? I don't really know how to use the MinGW compiler at all so this would likely be a bad idea.

I appreciate donations at ( 1NwkQdmomQPLtdes5KuZhB1D22p7ZGRy4p )
If I am helping in the CGMiner thread give it to Con or Kano. They do the work there.
If you want to sign up for a coinbase account I would appreciate it if you use my referral link. US people now wire, 1% fee give or take a little for sending to your bank account. https://coinbase.com/?r=515bf6145682db9d11000028&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 03:11:04 AM

It looks like I can adjust cgminer to fix my problem of ~10% stales. If eclipsemc is working well I can run a scan time of about 90. If I use gpumax to pass work to gpumax I need to have scan time set to 30 or less. it does give me around 8 stales in a row I would assume But I hacked it so that I wouldn't get kicked off gpumax by using eclipsemc's diff10 server prior to remembering this setting. I get 1-2 stales. Granted all the accepted are less frequent too. My average stales on that pool went from `9.8 to 9.5 now that isn't great but my overall submission rate is far lower too so the average would take a while to drop. I really didn't want to restart but it would give me numbers earlier.
For a serious question. Would compliling the API C file just require using minGW? I don't really know how to use the MinGW compiler at all so this would likely be a bad idea.
There are quite a few steps to compiling cgminer on windows ... all documented in windows-build.txt that Sharky wrote that comes with cgminer.

Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
Askit2

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:19:35 AM

There are quite a few steps to compiling cgminer on windows ... all documented in windows-build.txt that Sharky wrote that comes with cgminer.
So I assume I already have it compiled then. I had hoped by the API readme that I could use some sort of executable to change things. So I either setup php on a computer or my router to get that kind of privelaged access. Apparently the file is API-example.c.

If I am helping in the CGMiner thread give it to Con or Kano. They do the work there.
If you want to sign up for a coinbase account I would appreciate it if you use my referral link. US people now wire, 1% fee give or take a little for sending to your bank account. https://coinbase.com/?r=515bf6145682db9d11000028&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:32:13 AM

So I assume I already have it compiled then. I had hoped by the API readme that I could use some sort of executable to change things. So I either setup php on a computer or my router to get that kind of privelaged access. Apparently the file is API-example.c.
Ah OK.

The api-example.c is one of 4 ways I provided with cgminer to access the API.
It has a comment at the top about how to compile it (that Xiangfu put there)

The 4 are:
1) api-example.c <- this is just a program to send commands to the cgminer API and get replies back in text/json.
2) API.java/API.class <- same as above written in Java (so you just need to have Java on the computer - no compiling needed)
3) api-example.php <- same as above again but written in PHP, so you need PHP on the computer to use it
4) miner.php <- a complete web page (that requires minor or no configuration) to display the status of 1 or more cgminers ... using a web server

Of course on linux there's also
5) Use nc/ncat/netcat to send commands to the API e.g. echo -n summary | nc 127.0.0.1 4028 ; echo

Of those, only miner.php is a complete tool for viewing the API data, while the rest can supply any API data in text dump (or JSON) format that you then need to do something with if you want it to look 'pretty'

To make it simplest for you - use API.class instead of compiling api-example.c - both do exactly the same thing and API.class just needs java installed www.java.com
e.g.
java API summary
java API config 192.168.0.177
java API coin 192.168.0.217 4029

Askit2

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 09:36:23 AM

Thanks for the info. It does sound like miner.php may be a better option but I do have java installed. Sadly I don't think I have ever actually run a java file just compiled and ran using eclipse after I coded them. I should have figured it would be easiest to use java being cross platform and all.

Just short of getting enable and disable working. Will try harder tomorrow.

so far I am using
java API disablepool0
If I add the | it says 0 is an invalid command.

ydenys

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:33:36 PM

Hi, sorry for being stupid – What do I put if I don’t want to touch a rather finicky GPU?

Like 5850/5830/5770 with 5830 being faulty – 750,???,900 core, 250,???,250 memory 100,???,100 fan?

I cannot touch any of those without a forced restart. Setting defaults does not work either. Auto gpu/fan restarts as well.

The card works okay with no modification on any kernel/vectors/aggression setting, the only thing is, I cannot overclock the stable cards on the same machine. Or can i (without afterburner's/etc's manual set up)?

TIA.
Just don't give it any gpu parameters and it won't try to set anything. Or if you want to disable all the gpu monitoring entirely, start it with --no-adl

Thank you for a prompt reply.

What i meant is that i need to OC/UC the other two cards through the .bat/autostart without touching the faulty one. (i can only restart, it is difficult for me to manage it remotely with afterburner/etc. on my current soft, and i visit only weekly/less often).

I had tried x, ,x and x,,x  and x,stock,x for memory/core and both of those make the faulty card restart (GPU1).

It works fine with no arguments for core/memory as well as with settings from afterburner for GPU0/GPU2. (I had connected the fan from the mobo to eliminate it, so it does not matter now).

Unfortunately the other cards have to be managed otherwise they are causing restarts.

TIA.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:54:32 PM

Thanks for the info. It does sound like miner.php may be a better option but I do have java installed. Sadly I don't think I have ever actually run a java file just compiled and ran using eclipse after I coded them. I should have figured it would be easiest to use java being cross platform and all.

Just short of getting enable and disable working. Will try harder tomorrow.

so far I am using
java API disablepool0
If I add the | it says 0 is an invalid command.
Then you must put it in quotes:
java API "disablepool|0"

Askit2

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 11:10:27 PM

"api-groups" : "W:127.0.0.1",
adding that makes cgminer fail saying api-groups invalid parameter.

Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 11:31:36 PM

"api-groups" : "W:127.0.0.1",
adding that makes cgminer fail saying api-groups invalid parameter.

Try api-allow instead.

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
SleeperUnit

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 02:35:01 AM

Hi, sorry for being stupid – What do I put if I don’t want to touch a rather finicky GPU?

Like 5850/5830/5770 with 5830 being faulty – 750,???,900 core, 250,???,250 memory 100,???,100 fan?

I cannot touch any of those without a forced restart. Setting defaults does not work either. Auto gpu/fan restarts as well.

The card works okay with no modification on any kernel/vectors/aggression setting, the only thing is, I cannot overclock the stable cards on the same machine. Or can i (without afterburner's/etc's manual set up)?

TIA.
Just don't give it any gpu parameters and it won't try to set anything. Or if you want to disable all the gpu monitoring entirely, start it with --no-adl

Thank you for a prompt reply.

What i meant is that i need to OC/UC the other two cards through the .bat/autostart without touching the faulty one. (i can only restart, it is difficult for me to manage it remotely with afterburner/etc. on my current soft, and i visit only weekly/less often).

I had tried x, ,x and x,,x  and x,stock,x for memory/core and both of those make the faulty card restart (GPU1).

It works fine with no arguments for core/memory as well as with settings from afterburner for GPU0/GPU2. (I had connected the fan from the mobo to eliminate it, so it does not matter now).

Unfortunately the other cards have to be managed otherwise they are causing restarts.

TIA.

I can think of 3 "solutions" to your cannot be managed/must be managed card combo. So here goes in increasing order of difficulty.

1. Get rid the faulty card. Maybe replace it with something that still works.
2. run 2 instances of CGMiner; one with "-d 1" and the other with "-d 0 -d 2 --auto-fan --auto-gpu  --your-other-options"
3. Adjust the bios defaults on your cards so they default to what you want them to run at. Don't specify any GPU or fan speeds when you start CGMiner so they all run at their modified defaults and let the driver control the fans.

Good luck.
Askit2

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 02:37:32 AM

Thank you. Allow worked fine. Not sure why groups didn't but it isn't a group so either way. It works!

Panda Mouse

Activity: 88

Gliding...

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 04:37:42 AM

Hi miners (particularly solo)  Smiley

I use 2.7.5 from the beginning, no issue, congratulations Ckolivas!

I mine solo (small 7970 rigs farm), without the block (with 2.7.5).
Till now - elapsed digging time - 860% expected time.

Just I have such bad luck with this version CGminer and graphics card mining?

Panda Mouse.

The00Dustin

Activity: 806

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 01:02:42 PM

Hi miners (particularly solo)  Smiley

I use 2.7.5 from the beginning, no issue, congratulations Ckolivas!

I mine solo (small 7970 rigs farm), without the block (with 2.7.5).
Till now - elapsed digging time - 860% expected time.

Just I have such bad luck with this version CGminer and graphics card mining?

Panda Mouse.
Probably, pools with many more GH/s than you have had luck that bad from time to time.  There could be network issues or bitcoind issues involved, but probably not cgminer issues since other people mining on pools are having performance as good or better than ever.
flatronw

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 09:51:44 AM

Can anybody please tell me what it  is that I have not right here?

On a USB HDD I have a new install Ubuntu 12.04 amd64, a new install of 12.6 drivers (amd-driver-12-6-x86_64.run) installed with the “run” installer. Installed CGMiner-2.7.5 from the “built” version. Extracted in the directory same way as I have been doing for months.
CGMiner runs as usual on BTC (a truly great piece of work) 

However if I try to use “scrypt” for LTC I get these errors. Can somebody please tell me what that means --- in simple terms. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[2012-09-09 16:34:18] Started cgminer 2.7.5
          undefined
        const uint xSIZE = CONCURRENT_THREADS;
                           ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "/tmp/OCLFqZLWF.cl".

Internal error: clc compiler invocation failed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is it I have screwed up?
Thanks
Mobius

Activity: 957

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:28:49 PM

Can anybody please tell me what it  is that I have not right here?

On a USB HDD I have a new install Ubuntu 12.04 amd64, a new install of 12.6 drivers (amd-driver-12-6-x86_64.run) installed with the “run” installer. Installed CGMiner-2.7.5 from the “built” version. Extracted in the directory same way as I have been doing for months.
CGMiner runs as usual on BTC (a truly great piece of work) 

However if I try to use “scrypt” for LTC I get these errors. Can somebody please tell me what that means --- in simple terms. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[2012-09-09 16:34:18] Started cgminer 2.7.5
          undefined
        const uint xSIZE = CONCURRENT_THREADS;
                           ^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "/tmp/OCLFqZLWF.cl".

Internal error: clc compiler invocation failed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What is it I have screwed up?
Thanks

Read the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92887.0
flatronw

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 01:21:38 PM

I did, yesterday all 30 odd pages and I did it twice. So, did I miss it?----- is there something particular you are try to draw my attention to?

c4n10

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:27:17 PM

Hello everyone, I am using ckolivas's cg miner with an nvidia geforce gt520 and I don't believe I am getting the MH/s rates I shouls be getting as I am currently getting 10.4 - 14.3 MH/s which is pretty much the same speeds I get from my laptop cpu (intel t4400). My current command line is:

"cgminer.exe -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u c4n10 -p password --gpu-engine 800 --auto-fan --gpu-memclock 800 --gpu-vddc 0.900 --intensity 9"

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:30:13 PM

Hello everyone, I am using ckolivas's cg miner with an nvidia geforce gt520 and I don't believe I am getting the MH/s rates I shouls be getting as I am currently getting 10.4 - 14.3 MH/s which is pretty much the same speeds I get from my laptop cpu (intel t4400). My current command line is:

"cgminer.exe -o http://mint.bitminter.com:8332 -u c4n10 -p password --gpu-engine 800 --auto-fan --gpu-memclock 800 --gpu-vddc 0.900 --intensity 9"

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

The right direction is to get an AMD GPU if you want to GPU mine.  Nvidia GPU's aren't good for Bitcoin mining.
Sam

Edit: To answer your question a bit better check the mining hardware comparison.  There is one GT520 listed and it gets 8.9Mhs, so you are doing better than others who have tried that GPU.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 02:30:37 PM

Has anyone else noticed a higher amount of stale/rejected shares with the newer versions of cgminer?

with 2.7.4 i get Huge 'efficency' but instead of <1% stales im turning in 4-5%!!!

Is this my pool and me not connecting to it fast enough for somereason (like low intensity?) Or is it the Non 2.6.6 version to blame?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Pages: « 1 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 830 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.