New release - Version 2.7.6, 24th September 2012
In anticipation of more instability once I start implementing the stratum protocol, I have released this updated version with only safe changes that can be relied upon to be stable.Human readable changelog:
Should have finally fixed the "dynamic intensity gets stuck at a low value" bug.
Build will detect default SDK installation on linux now that AMD SDK 2.7 exports variables defining it.
Fixed the disabled/enabled/disabled thread when changing to dynamic intensity
The share hash display has been compacted further and the difficulty is now shown in anticipation of many pools moving to variable difficulty shares.
If a pool's server was alive but not returning work cgminer could have bombarded it with requests instead of failing.
Lots of goodies thanks to Kano who was working hard while I was away; I'll let him elaborate next post Full changelog:
- Display share difficulty on log with a shortened hash display on submission.
- API stats add some pool getwork difficulty stats
- Ignore any pings pushed to the worker threads if the thread is still paused to
prevent it being enabled and disabled repeatedly.
- README - FAQ - usermod group - shouldn't remove other groups
- Test for sequential getwork failures on a pool that might actually be up but
failing to deliver work as we may end up hammering it repeatedly by mistake.
- reduce windows compile warnings
- util.c - bug - proxy - no data end condition
- As we average gpu time over 5 work intervals for dynamic GPU intensity, there
is no need to maintain a rolling average and it avoids the potential long term
corruption of a single overflow value.
- Test for the now-automatically exported variable AMDAPPSDKROOT when looking
for the presence of the OpenCL headers.
- API don't change 'Diff1 Shares' - backward compatability FTW
- miner.php highlighting correctly handling difficulty
- API - Add last share difficulty for devices and pool
- Store and report Accepted,Rejected,Stale difficulty in the summary and API
- WorkTime - display prevblock for scrypt
- api.c remove compile warnings
- Calculate work difficulty for each getwork and display with WorkTime debug
- remove MMQ unused variable warning
- FPGA - allow long or short device names in detect code + style police
- WorkTime - multiple nonce per work and identify the work source
- Optional WorkTime details with each Accepted/Rejected work item
- Icarus - ignore hardware errors in timing mode
- miner.php oops - mistype
- miner.php by default don't display IP/Port numbers in error messages
- api.c all STATUS messages automatically escaped
- api.c add missing escape for comma in MSG_PGAUNW
- API add display of and setting queue,scantime,expiry
- HW: dont submit bad shares
- save individual pool proxy settings to config
- --default-config - allow command line to define the default configuration file
for loading and saving
- API-README update for pools proxy info
- README URL proxy must use quote so show in the example
- bug: remove proxy: from the front of the proxy used
- CURL support for individual proxy per pool and all proxy types
- README spelling/etc
- README - FPGA device FAQ
- HW: error counter auto for all devices - ztex code not fixed
- API pgaidentify - unsupported message should be a warning
- API/BFL identify a device - currently only BFL to flash the led
- BFL add throttle count to internal stats + API
- BFL: missing device id in log message
- miner.php correct to new Diff1 Work field names
- API add device diff1 work
- API-README update
- api.c Correct diff1 field name
- count device diff1 shares
- API-README more debug parameter information
- API allow full debug settings control