New version - 2.8.4, 18th October 2012
Getting closer to something I can officially call a stable 2.8 release. Only testing will tell if windows+stratum is still crash prone.Human readable changelog
Made the stratum code generally more reliable to indirectly address the unknown cause of win32 crashes with stratum.
Fixed stratum not declaring a pool alive again once it has reconnected to it.
Rewritten dynamic intensity code should fix remaining issues with it.
Fixes for building on windows.
Fixes for running on ARM architecture.
Padded hashrate display with zeroes when needed.
More information with high difficulty shares eg:
[2012-10-18 09:38:45] Accepted 003a8996 Diff 1.12K/1 GPU 1 pool 4
Pool difficulty will be rounded down in keeping with the share difficulty to avoid it appearing you are falsely getting accepted shares of lower difficulty than the pool is asking for.
Scrypt litecoin mining now shows the scrypt modified hex so it will start with lots of zeroes.
Share and pool difficulty is now shown with scrypt as well (but with an upper limit of 64k)
Scrypt will now not
fail when setting high thread concurrency values that still return some ram even if opencl returns an error on that ram allocation.
Preliminary working version of MMQ code courtesy of kanoi works on linux (unknown on windows for now).
Updated opencl kernels which should allow ultra low memory speeds once again (idea courtesy of Vbs).Full changelog
- Time for dynamic is in microseconds, not ms.
- x86_64 builds of mingw32 are not supported directly and should just configure
as generic mingw32 builds since they're NOT 64 bit.
- Cope with both ATI stream and AMD APP SDK roots being set when building.
- Use 3 significant digits when suffix string is used and values are >1000.
- MMQ new initialisation (that works) and clocking control
- Get rid of unused warning for !scrypt.
- Use select on stratum send to make sure the socket is writeable.
- Cope with dval being zero in suffix_string and display a single decimal place
when significant digits is not specified but the value is greater than 1000.
- Pad out the suffix string function with zeroes on the right.
- Failure to calloc in bin2hex is a fatal failure always so just check for that
failure within the function and abort, simplifying the rest of the code.
- Provide locking around the change of the stratum curl structures to avoid
- Bump opencl kernel version numbers.
- Remove atomic ops from opencl kernels given rarity of more than once nonce on
the same wavefront and the potential increased ramspeed requirements to use the
- Clear the pool idle flag in stratum when it comes back to life.
- Display correct share hash and share difficulty with scrypt mining.
- Use explicit host to BE functions in scrypt code instead of hard coding
- Show work target diff for scrypt mining.
- Ease the checking on allocation of padbuffer8 in the hope it works partially
anyway on an apparently failed call.
- Watch for buffer overflows on receiving data into the socket buffer.
- Round target difficulties down to be in keeping with the rounding of detected
- Dramatically simplify the dynamic intensity calculation by oversampling many
runs through the opencl kernel till we're likely well within the timer
resolution on windows.
- String alignment to 4 byte boundaries and optimisations for bin<->hex
- In opencl_free_work, make sure to still flush results in dynamic mode.
- Align static arrays to 4 byte boundaries to appease ARM builds for stratum.