Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread  (Read 521678 times)
CircusPeanut

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:49:24 PM

Any way to destroy dust in armory? I don't see a way to manually give dust b gone private keys to clean
I cant, the dust is .000000001

https://blockchain.info/tx/3e5b3a033840a9ff4a9c24b1980c07e0823a171e4001ef03953fed0da1aa9da0

Not yet, but this sounds like a great application for Armory's new plugin system.

I'll put something together and post it to try out with the latest testing version. It will be testnet only unless you build your own Armory from source.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 11:19:47 PM

Sweet

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:33:50 PM

Hi I'm running Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) and trying to set Armoury up.  When I installed bitcoin-qt from the PPA it asked me to specify a place to store it.  So I chose my Documents folder as my /home folder is on a 1TB SSHD while my / folder is on a small SSD.  I've pointed Armoury to /documents but it still can't see it.  Also I would like to be able to safely move all the bitcoin-qt folders and files to its own directory inside /documents instead of them all being spread out in the folder.

doug_armory

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 10:44:51 PM

Hello. I have some good news for the Mac users out there. As some of you know, there have been some random crashes that have plagued the 0.91 releases. As I suspected, it appears that at least some of it was due to a Qt issue. It looks like a proper fix finally came together last month. Once I ported the fix over to Armory, I banged on Armory pretty hard for over an hour. No crashes, unlike before, when I could trigger a crash within 20-30 min. at the most. Smiley I can't promise that this is the magic bullet. Tests so far look pretty promising, though.

Anyway, the fix is in the devel tree now. I believe it'll also be in the next 0.92 test build (0.91.99.9, I think). I'd like to request that everybody give it a spin. Again, no promises. I just want to see how users react, and see if some other Armory changes have fixed an unrelated crash that OS X users have reported and I've been unable to reproduce. Note that there will be some very minor GUI glitches. I'll get to them ASAP.

Thanks for your patience! Smiley We really are working hard to make sure that all users - Windows, Linux and Mac - have the same experience with Armory. Unfortunately, some things are beyond our control and require a little patience.

P.S. I need to confirm this but, for bonus points, you should be able to build the devel tree Armory on the Yosemite preview builds out there. You may have to apply a hack by downloading an Xcode 6 preview and renaming it to "Xcode" in /Applications first. If it works, cool. If not, well, I'm trying.

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:05:29 PM

Hi I'm running Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) and trying to set Armoury up.  When I installed bitcoin-qt from the PPA it asked me to specify a place to store it.  So I chose my Documents folder as my /home folder is on a 1TB SSHD while my / folder is on a small SSD.  I've pointed Armoury to /documents but it still can't see it.  Also I would like to be able to safely move all the bitcoin-qt folders and files to its own directory inside /documents instead of them all being spread out in the folder.

I solved it by removing and purging the previous bitcoin-qt install.  Then removing plus purging the Armoury install and also deleting the .armoury folder left behind.  Then reinstalling Armoury and letting it choose to download the bitcoin core client.  The problem I had was that I read I needed to install the bitcoin core client and let it fully update before starting Armoury for the very first time.  When I'd have been better off installing Armoury first and letting it choose to download the bitcoin core client.  Anyway after downloading the blockchain now three times it looks to be working.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:42:56 AM

Where would Armory expect to find the blockchain files on OS X (and by "where" I mean the path where I would mount that directory via /etc/fstab)?

Situation is I want to run bitcoind on a separate linux machine and share the appropriate directory via NFS.

Figuring out how to mount NFS shares in OS X is the easy part, but I don't know where OS X puts things in its directory structure.
helgabutters

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:36:15 PM

Where would Armory expect to find the blockchain files on OS X (and by "where" I mean the path where I would mount that directory via /etc/fstab)?

Default location for mainnet: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/blocks
Default location for testnet: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/testnet3/blocks
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:49:52 PM

Default location for mainnet: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/blocks
Default location for testnet: ~/Library/Application Support/Bitcoin/testnet3/blocks
Thank you.
doug_armory

Activity: 255

Senior Developer - Armory

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 04:40:32 PM

P.S. I need to confirm this but, for bonus points, you should be able to build the devel tree Armory on the Yosemite preview builds out there. You may have to apply a hack by downloading an Xcode 6 preview and renaming it to "Xcode" in /Applications first. If it works, cool. If not, well, I'm trying.

Update: Building on Yosemite is possible when using the Xcode 6 hack I mentioned. I was able to start the version of Armory that was built. I wouldn't want it to be my daily driver, though. I've spotted a couple of issues that probably aren't my responsibility to fix. I'll keep an eye out as various packages are updated to support Yosemite.

(I should emphasize that this is separate from running on Yosemite a copy of Armory built on a pre-Yosemite version. That, as best I can tell so far, is totally fine.)

Senior Developer -  Armory Technologies, Inc.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:15:46 PM

Situation is I want to run bitcoind on a separate linux machine and share the appropriate directory via NFS.

Figuring out how to mount NFS shares in OS X is the easy part, but I don't know where OS X puts things in its directory structure.

I don't know what exactly you plan, but I know that Armory talks to bitcoind directly as well. It doesn't just use its blockchain files, but does all network-related things via bitcoind. So I am somewhat sure you can't run Armory on a machine with no local bitcoind.
Sorry if I understood your plan wrong. And maybe there's a way to connect to bitcoind non-locally as well, at least I remember it used to not be possible earlier.

Ente
flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:42:54 PM

I don't know what exactly you plan, but I know that Armory talks to bitcoind directly as well. It doesn't just use its blockchain files, but does all network-related things via bitcoind. So I am somewhat sure you can't run Armory on a machine with no local bitcoind.
Sorry if I understood your plan wrong. And maybe there's a way to connect to bitcoind non-locally as well, at least I remember it used to not be possible earlier.

Ente

Theoretically this should work, as Armory uses the bitcoin rpc calls for the part of the communication that is not related to the blockchain-files. The bitcoind by default does not accept external rpc connections, but can be configured this way: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File. However, I don't know if there is a setting in Armory, that lets you point the rpc calls to another host. So either it would be necessary to setup a local port redirection (with SSH for example) or to change Armory's source.

Nevertheless, I would like to know about your (or from others) experiences with this setup.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:06:33 PM

Ente

Theoretically this should work, as Armory uses the bitcoin rpc calls for the part of the communication that is not related to the blockchain-files. The bitcoind by default does not accept external rpc connections, but can be configured this way: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File. However, I don't know if there is a setting in Armory, that lets you point the rpc calls to another host. So either it would be necessary to setup a local port redirection (with SSH for example) or to change Armory's source.

Nevertheless, I would like to know about your (or from others) experiences with this setup.

I am very much interested in this as well.
I would like to move bitcoind to a (local) server, running 24/7. My plan was to have a second, local bitcoind on my client pc, which syncs with the server from time to time. But Armory directly using the server' bitcoind via nfs and network would be much nicer!

Ente
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:00:49 PM

It doesn't just use its blockchain files, but does all network-related things via bitcoind.  So I am somewhat sure you can't run Armory on a machine with no local bitcoind.
Configuring networking-related things is not something I have a problem doing Wink

I have run Armory and bitcoind on separate machines before, when both machines were Linux. I'm trying to help someone do it with an OS X Armory, and I was stuck not knowing the OS X filesystem quirks.
teste

Activity: 312

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:25:31 PM

Hi, some noob questions:

1- Is it possible to know if a standard btc address (that start with 1) is part of a multisignature transaction? by looking bitcoin network.
2- Why Armory only generate one multisign address (that start with 3)? Is it possible create a new address for each transation? (privacy)

Thanks
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 11:50:34 PM

Hi, some noob questions:

1- Is it possible to know if a standard btc address (that start with 1) is part of a multisignature transaction? by looking bitcoin network.
2- Why Armory only generate one multisign address (that start with 3)? Is it possible create a new address for each transation? (privacy)

Thanks

1) Yes. Armory supports that in 0.92. Keep in mind that for P2SH transactions, only the TxIn carries the full script, so you cannot see the relation to the given address until the multisig output is spent

2) You use N addresses to build one multisig script. You would need another N addresses to create a different one. The current version of lockboxes only support the single logic. With the new wallets and BIP32 support, we'll add an option to use wallets instead of addresses, so that each lockbox is created from address X out generated from each of the N wallets. This will allow lockboxes to behave like deterministic wallets, all backed by a single root key, if you wish it so.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:14:13 PM

It doesn't just use its blockchain files, but does all network-related things via bitcoind.  So I am somewhat sure you can't run Armory on a machine with no local bitcoind.
Configuring networking-related things is not something I have a problem doing Wink

I have run Armory and bitcoind on separate machines before, when both machines were Linux. I'm trying to help someone do it with an OS X Armory, and I was stuck not knowing the OS X filesystem quirks.
there is a sshfs port for OSX

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:13:30 PM

Did something change recently in the Armory dev branch that changed the format of unsigned transactions such that an offline 0.86.3 can't recognize them any more?
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 03:31:14 PM

Did something change recently in the Armory dev branch that changed the format of unsigned transactions such that an offline 0.86.3 can't recognize them any more?

Yes, in order to accommodate multisig transactions, the whole format changed.  There should've been a popup that explained that to you when you click on "Offline Transactions" on the latest dev version.  The old format was insufficient for handling multi-sig spends as well as simulfunding transactions.  There is no clean way to convert them.  We have always tried to maintain backwards compatibility, but it was just not possible this time.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:38:34 PM

Yes, in order to accommodate multisig transactions, the whole format changed.  There should've been a popup that explained that to you when you click on "Offline Transactions" on the latest dev version.  The old format was insufficient for handling multi-sig spends as well as simulfunding transactions.  There is no clean way to convert them.  We have always tried to maintain backwards compatibility, but it was just not possible this time.
Great. Knowing that I need to just upgrade is better than suspecting that something was broken.

Maybe I didn't see it because I never clicked on "Offline Transactions" on the latest dev version. I clicked on "Send Bitcoins" and selected an offline wallet. When I do click on
"Offline Transactions", the popup does appear. (FYI: I virtually never click "Offline Transactions" on the online instance of Armory because the workflow doesn't go that way)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 02:38:35 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 04:39:40 PM by etotheipi

In anticipation for the 0.92 release with multi-sig and simulfunding, we would like to offer up to 10 BTC worth of donation matching as a demonstration (and advertising) of the utility of Armory's new simulfunding features.  However, we cannot do this without a list of bitcoin-accepting charities or entities that are apolitical (i.e. making donations to something like wikileaks would be considered controversial, and out of the question).  We need ideas for who we can provide donations to.  Open-source projects are an excellent target since we are an open-source company ourself!

The process will probably look like this:

• Armory Technologies, Inc (ATI) will create 20 promissory notes of 0.5 BTC each, four to each of the 5 donation targets
  • ATI will post all 20 prom notes (and descriptions) in a public location for people to browse
  • Anyone who is willing to donation 0.5 BTC (knowing that it will be matched), will use the multisig menu to "merge promissory notes".  They will import our note, and then add their own for sending 0.5 BTC from one of their wallets.
  • The user will sign the resulting 1 BTC transaction and will send it to us. (knowing it's not valid unless we also donate our 0.5 BTC)
  • ATI will confirm that our 0.5 BTC is being sent with someone else's 0.5 BTC (or multiple people, if they coordinate).
  • ATI will sign and broadcast the simulfund tx.  The donation target will receive 1.0 BTC

If all promissory notes are matched, it will be a combined donation of 20 BTC across some number of charities or projects.  I'd like to collect a list of potential donation targets, and then narrow it down to 5-10.  Don't want to have too many and dilute the effort.  Here's some ideas:

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: