Bitcoin Forum
March 20, 2019, 10:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 1280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v12.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6298956 times)
iSuX

Activity: 42
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:46:50 PM

Guys,

I have one miner that i cannot figure out. Mind you i have 30+ but yes i cannot figure this one out, and its driving me nuts.

The issue is that after the Windows 10 April update the miner will start but pauses....it does not close. I have tried everything i know and nothing. So i went ahead and installed a clean version of 1709 build with all of its updates.

I have reinstalled 11.7(which was working with no issues prior) and still nothing. I have tried adrenaline 18.2 and even downgraded to the blockchain drivers and still nothing. The motherboard is up to date, windows sees all the cards...no issues there. I have patched the drivers...etc...etc...

These are AMD RX560's that have been modded...and again these were working fine before the darn update got me.....I have also excluded the claymore folder in defender, set a pause for 30 seconds etc...

Im hoping someone out there has run into this prior....i am now having this same issue with another rig running rx470's

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Updates, sigh.
Well, OK...
You have 30+ miners? WOW, so this should be well within your means to solve.

First: Work out if you have a hardware problem. (Take one/some of those problem GPU to a good rig and test)
Given you have 30+, I assume you long ago recognised the absolute necessity for a dedicated development/testing rig, so use that one, which of course you would NEVER update, if you expect it to act as your benchmark. ;-)

Check my post on power supply cables, I mention this, as it's easy to waste time thinking only about the stuff you most recently changed, and back track from there, but if the rig was off for a while, during updates, and subsequent issues, it's not impossible you have other problems, hardware related set of some time bombs etc.

I'd suggest not wasting time, and MAN that wastes time, on anyone using the Aug 2017 blockchain drivers, certainly not for purposes of troubleshooting, they are beta after all, and specifically tagged as not stable/released.

But to be clear, make sure you eliminate the hardware before expending time on the software.
(You could also pull all GPU from that rig, drop in a known good GPU, riser, cable etc), and see what that reveals.

All the more easy when you have as much hardware as you have.

If you're 100% certain the hw is ok, set log to debug, see what is going on before/after the hang event
Hope you get some sleep too.
Good luck man.

KISS. Did you read the Readme.txt?
Summarise/Itemise your hardware/versions/expectations/batchfile & results. The more specific, detailed, the better

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
100% New Software
PC, Mac, Android, & HTML5 Clients
Krill Rakeback
Low Rake
Bitcoin Poker 3.0
Bad Beat Jackpot
SwC Poker Relaunch
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iSuX

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:54:50 PM

18.3.4 fixed issues I can now use 10.6 with 46mhs again.. Still can't launch 11.7 just pops up then disappears. How can I get 11.7 to work?

Hey there

There are 2 basic approaches to this.

1: Use the console, (CMD) and cd to the directory containing Claymore's executable, (EthDcrMiner64.exe), (and probably also containing your batch file, because if you're asking this question, is likely you're not so familiar with the console, setting paths etc. Not a criticism at all. MS have worked hard since win95 days to eliminate the user need for the console, and for the most part, have probably succeeded.)
But with the console open, you can then run your batchfile and see the print out of the results, (and the console remains open regardless, unlike executing the batchfile directly from explorer or desktop shortcut for example.)

2: Look at your log file, (it will have all the same info as you see in the console), and a lot more.

General advice on init fails.

Read the Readme!!!.txt file (especially the last sections, troubleshooting advice etc)
Read the History.txt file  (as you mention you're using 10.6. Mr Claymore added a lot since then.)

KISS: (Keep It Simple Stupid),(USN acronym, look that up if you're interested) But if you have a complex system, (rig), (more than 1 GPU), break it down, work with a single GPU until you solve your issue, then build it back up to multi etc.

If you are still stuck, post your batchfile, info on hardware, make/model/qty of GPU, logfile, and issue etc.
""It" doesn't work" for example, is unlikely to encourage people to give up time and braincells to help you.
Be specific, that you don't understand the problem is fine, but without providing detail, it's unlikely anyone else can help you.

As your rig is apparently running on 10.6 but not 11.7, and assuming you change nothing else, this should be a pretty quick and easy problem solve.
Some more detail would help here.
Best of luck.

Foot note, on cd
From the console, (Command prompt, aka cmd etc), type cd (change directory), 1 space, followed by the path to the location of EthDcrMiner64.exe on your system.
BE CAREFUL here, because you mention you have 2 versions of claymore on your rig, so make sure you know which version is where, (and you are really in the 11.7 directory).

e.g.
C:\Windows\System32>cd C:\Program Files\Claymore

Thanks yes I am familiar with console.. Annoying that I gotta use it for 11.7..... What is the advantage of 11.7 over 10.6? Thanks for the help BTW

Hey there, sorry, I'm not suggesting you use the console every time, just one time, so you can read the output.

BUT: If you are saying, for example, your desktop shortcut to your batchfile executes and closes, yet opening a console and executing the batchfile works, claymore starts Mining etc, then that is probably a windows permissions or security settings, thing, or possibly your antivirus related problem.

But essentially, if the console execution is working ok, that proves 99% is ok, os, drivers, batchfile content, claymore, etc etc.
So if you have a shortcut init fail, you can shift focus away from the above.
Cheers

Summarise/Itemise your hardware/versions/expectations/batchfile & results. The more specific, detailed, the better
iSuX

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:02:44 PM

I have a 560 rig with windows 10 updated, if I switch to cryptonight and then back to ethash sometimes it will not work even after a reboot, I need to fully power off the rig and cold boot.
You also might have a card(s) with the mem clock too high, trying downing them by 10 mhz at a time.
Claymore 11.7 seems to be a tad more sensitive to overclocks.

Claymore 11.7 seems to be a tad more sensitive to overclocks.

To be clear, claymore does no such thing!
All claymore is doing is "sending" the clock value YOU specify, that is all, nothing else.

If it fails, your clock setting is wrong, or you're working too close to the limit of your hardware.

What has changed/improved over time  in Claymore is ability to leverage more from the hardware, so if you're cutting it too fine, or dual mining, you might tip it over the edge.

But regardless, claymore has no such "sensitivity", it simply does what you ask of it, and you need to ensure that is rational for your rig/hadware.

Dbatch

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:42:10 PM

18.3.4 fixed issues I can now use 10.6 with 46mhs again.. Still can't launch 11.7 just pops up then disappears. How can I get 11.7 to work?

Hey there

1: Use the console, (CMD) and cd to the directory containing Claymore's executable, (EthDcrMiner64.exe), (and probably also containing your batch file, because if you're asking this question, is likely you're not so familiar with the console, setting paths etc. Not a criticism at all. MS have worked hard since win95 days to eliminate the user need for the console, and for the most part, have probably succeeded.)
But with the console open, you can then run your batchfile and see the print out of the results, (and the console remains open regardless, unlike executing the batchfile directly from explorer or desktop shortcut for example.)

2: Look at your log file, (it will have all the same info as you see in the console), and a lot more.

Read the Readme!!!.txt file (especially the last sections, troubleshooting advice etc)
Read the History.txt file  (as you mention you're using 10.6. Mr Claymore added a lot since then.)

KISS: (Keep It Simple Stupid),(USN acronym, look that up if you're interested) But if you have a complex system, (rig), (more than 1 GPU), break it down, work with a single GPU until you solve your issue, then build it back up to multi etc.

If you are still stuck, post your batchfile, info on hardware, make/model/qty of GPU, logfile, and issue etc.
""It" doesn't work" for example, is unlikely to encourage people to give up time and braincells to help you.
Be specific, that you don't understand the problem is fine, but without providing detail, it's unlikely anyone else can help you.

As your rig is apparently running on 10.6 but not 11.7, and assuming you change nothing else, this should be a pretty quick and easy problem solve.
Best of luck.

Foot note, on cd
From the console, (Command prompt, aka cmd etc), type cd (change directory), 1 space, followed by the path to the location of EthDcrMiner64.exe on your system.
BE CAREFUL here, because you mention you have 2 versions of claymore on your rig, so make sure you know which version is where, (and you are really in the 11.7 directory).

e.g.

Thanks yes I am familiar with console.. Annoying that I gotta use it for 11.7..... What is the advantage of 11.7 over 10.6? Thanks for the help BTW

Hey there, sorry, I'm not suggesting you use the console every time, just one time, so you can read the output.

BUT: If you are saying, for example, your desktop shortcut to your batchfile executes and closes, yet opening a console and executing the batchfile works, claymore starts Mining etc, then that is probably a windows permissions or security settings, thing, or possibly your antivirus related problem.

But essentially, if the console execution is working ok, that proves 99% is ok, os, drivers, batchfile content, claymore, etc etc.
Cheers

Thanks for your help.. The folder needed to be shared weird but works now.
UnclWish

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:23:35 PM

I don't know how you're make it, but my system updates to 1803 April Update about month ago. I used 18.3.4 Adrenalin driver. I tried to update it to 18.4.1 driver and encountered many bugs with miners.
I installed back 18.3.4 and miners start to work normal. Now I installed 18.5.1 driver and all Claymore miners works normal.
Now I have 1803 Windows 10 with April Update and 18.5.1 Adrenalin driver. Claymore miners works with the same effectivity as on 1709 with 18.3.4.
My cards is several RX 580 8Gb and 270X 4Gb.

EDIT: At this moment Claymore 11.7 dual miner works on ethereum mining allready 13 hours and 51 minutes without rejectes and incorrect shares. It's very strange... Usual for this time I have several rejects and incorrects...
iSuX

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:25:09 PM

Hey there

Best of luck.

Foot note, on cd

e.g.

Cheers

Thanks for your help.. The folder needed to be shared weird but works now.

No worries, but to be clear, Claymore has no dependency on sharing. (Equally, sharing is a weakness in your system security).
This sounds more like a windows folder permissions issue.
Assuming YOU don't have the need to share that folder, (and knowing Claymore does not), you might like to check the next tab over to the right, (from sharing).
Right click the folder > Properties, (security tab), and grant your (normal) windows user account, (read & execute), or even full control.
At least that closes a potential security weakness, (sharing), and also should solve this appropriately.
Happy mining

jeremyismer

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:16:42 PM

Left pane, second box down, "PowerPlay" there will be a value for "Max Memory Freq. (MHz)" and whatever value you have in there is the absolute maximum the card will accept.

Question for you iSuX (just cos I think you might have the answer).

I've modded bioses with Polaris 1.6.7 and the One Click Timing Patch, etc. but I have noticed on the 570s that the max freq is 2250, with straps going up to 2000. However, when I try to OC above 2000 it just crashes. Anything 2000 and under runs fine.

So, my question, do I need to be adding extra timings above 2000 to allow it to OC above 2000?

I also see in the memory portion, there are freq and voltages up to 1750 mhz, but nothing above. Should I be adding in more freq/voltage pairs as well? Or is all of this unnecessary?

Hi jeremyismer

Happy mining everyone.

Thanks iSuX, I'll have a play when I get a chance. Everything is stable, but I know I should be able to get more out of these cards. But of all the OC tutorials, none mention extra straps. But I know there are bunch of other variables to work on as well (PSU, motherboard (that's a whole other question), mem types)
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:17:53 PM

Any idea what's going on here?
All of the sudden, my miner doesn't work anymore...

UnclWish

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:22:29 PM

Try to increase pagefile size. Drop overclock/undervoltage to stock values. Uninstall drivers with DDU and install them again.
rufo28

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:46:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Pu2Nafe.jpg

Just now , first time to see rejected share in my rig since the beginning i used claymore.. Smiley
I've got 2 rejected shares now..

FYI, did not touch or configured anything..

It is a weird day!
Raja_MBZ

Activity: 1148
Merit: 793

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:11:06 PM

Can you share what you're putting in your start file?

Seems to me like you're trying some miner's integrated over-clocking or under-volting features and the numbers which you're putting there are out of limits/reach of your graphics card.

.FORTUNE.JACK.
      ▄▄███████▄▄
   ▄████▀▀ ▄ ██████▄
  ████ ▄▄███ ████████
 █████▌▐███▌ ▀▄ ▀█████
███████▄██▀▀▀▀▄████████
█████▀▄▄▄▄█████████████
████▄▄▄▄ █████████████
 ██████▌ ███▀████████
  ███████▄▀▄████████
   ▀█████▀▀███████▀
      ▀▀██████▀▀

█
...FortuneJack.com                                             
...THE BIGGEST BITCOIN GAMBLING SITE
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██
█████████▀███████████▄
██████████▀   ▀██████████
█████████▀       ▀█████████
████████           ████████
████████▄   ▄ ▄   ▄████████
██████████▀   ▀██████████
 ▀██
█████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
#JACKMATE
WIN 1 BTC
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀░░▀░░░░░▀░░▀███████
██████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████░░░░██░░░██░░░░██████
█████▌░░░░▀▀░░░▀▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

▀█████████████████████████▀
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:28:25 AM

Claymore, first of all, thank you for all your great miners! I've been using them for a while, for various crypto currencies, and this software must be the one a lot people have been expecting the most. And my rig always get it's best perform if using this software. And again thank you.
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:24:05 AM

I'm all of a sudden getting
"OpenCL error -4 (0) - cannot create DAG on GPU"
With Claymore 11.7

What is this error again? It's been so long since I've had to deal with it.

EDIT: Nvm, I doubled the pagefile and it's fine.
iSuX

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:32:42 AM

Left pane, second box down, "PowerPlay" there will be a value for "Max Memory Freq. (MHz)" and whatever value you have in there is the absolute maximum the card will accept.

Question for you iSuX (just cos I think you might have the answer).

I've modded bioses with Polaris 1.6.7 and the One Click Timing Patch, etc. but I have noticed on the 570s that the max freq is 2250, with straps going up to 2000. However, when I try to OC above 2000 it just crashes. Anything 2000 and under runs fine.

So, my question, do I need to be adding extra timings above 2000 to allow it to OC above 2000?

I also see in the memory portion, there are freq and voltages up to 1750 mhz, but nothing above. Should I be adding in more freq/voltage pairs as well? Or is all of this unnecessary?

Hi jeremyismer

Happy mining everyone.

Thanks iSuX, I'll have a play when I get a chance. Everything is stable, but I know I should be able to get more out of these cards. But of all the OC tutorials, none mention extra straps. But I know there are bunch of other variables to work on as well (PSU, motherboard (that's a whole other question), mem types)

Hey jeremyismer
TBH, I would not waste time on MB, system ram, or even PSU. (in terms if variables, there is nothing to tune, and little to gain, (assuming you have a stable rig right now)
The key point with PSU is, they are a big portion of your asset cost, so ensuring they run at optimal efficiency vs number of GPU is a quick and easy calculation, that's it, there is nothing else to tune there, no more variables to consider, (other than maintenance and mtbf)

The BIGGEST variable, (loss of income) that I see, is simply this windows update, driver updates, or people's actions, resulting in  taking rigs off line.
If you let MS do that, and even if you don't have followup issues, costing more down time, or a nightmare trying to work out what changed, broke etc, but it all adds up to down time.

Latest windows updates, sigh, here we go again, some people are seeing rigs down for  hours, only to then limp along for days afterwards, many poor people are still trying to debug their rigs update issues.

Even 3 hours of down time, that is time you NEVER get back. (mining time = money)

Tuning for hash rate increases, now THAT is worth it, even worth the down time, because those small gains will accumulate over time, offset the losses, and increases profit accumulation. (assumes you're mining operations are longer term, (some years).
(more so, if you strategically ensured you have the same make model GPUs, as you can rollout your gains to each one with minimal effort and downtime)

So, imho, the ONLY thing you should focus on is maximising hash rate, to find the optimum power consumption efficiency.

Anything else, anything costing you down time, is time your investment is making no money, in fact it's costing you money to do nothing.

This is more an economics situation than a tech one, assuming you want to earn from it.

Anyway, hope it goes well mate, offer to look at your BIOS remains open.
Cheers

szczur333

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:50:34 AM

I use windows10, is possible to remove notification about shares and temp gpu?

just pure SPEEDs in MH/S ?
katatunix

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 08:51:53 AM

Hello,

This is an iOS app for monitoring cryptocurrency miners. Claymores and Antminer are supported.

Features:

- Fast loading.
- Smooth GUI with asynchronous computation.
- Users are allowed to edit rig information.
- Users can re-arrange the order of rigs.
- Remote rebooting is supported.
- Users can view the full console of Claymores with one touch.
- Easier viewing long lists of rigs with Compact view mode.
- Highlight problems of too low speed and/or too high temperature.
- Both iPhone and iPad are supported, iOS 9.0 or higher is required.

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/1CAfNCy

Available on Apple Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youngbuffalo/id1386685965?mt=8

Thanks for reading my post.
ivanpop

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:17:20 PM

I tried mining with Linux. I tested it on a PC with one GPU, but when I start Claymore it detects that the card haves 900mb of memory when it actually haves 4gb and it can't create the DAG.
BOSA2018

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:45:54 PM

Nice project...
74hawksfan

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:04:31 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 03:40:27 AM by 74hawksfan

Hello,
Just set up Asus B250 board with 13 AMD RX 580's, this is my 4th miner and 2nd AMD rig exactly like this one.
Weird thing happening...when I start the CM miner, it gives me nothing past the start up screen:
Eth: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth.suprnova.cc:5005
DCR: 0 pool is specified

Then after 5 minutes (apperently) it says:
Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!

Here is command line:
ethdcrminer64.exe -epool eth.suprnova.cc:5005 -ewal ***.*** -epsw ** -esm 3 -allpools 1 -dbg 1

I have a funny feeling it's to do with Windows Defender, because since I've been trying to get this thing working for the last few days, it never popped up and asked for me to Allow it through the firewall...but idk for sure. I shut it off and still no action.

I would post a pic to make it easier but I cannot figure out how to do that :-)

iSuX

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:10:46 PM

Hello,
Just set up Asus B250 board with 13 AMD RX 580's, this is my 4th miner and 2nd AMD rig exactly like this one.
Weird thing happening...when I start the CM miner, it gives me nothing past the start up screen:
Eth: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eth.suprnova.cc:5005
DCR: 0 pool is specified

Then after 5 minutes (apperently) it says:
Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!

Here is command line:
ethdcrminer64.exe -epool eth.suprnova.cc:5005 -ewal 74hawksfan.13th-fan -epsw 123 -esm 3 -allpools 1 -dbg 1

I have a funny feeling it's to do with Windows Defender, because since I've been trying to get this thing working for the last few days, it never popped up and asked for me to Allow it through the firewall...but idk for sure. I shut it off and still no action.

I would post a pic to make it easier but I cannot figure out how to do that :-)

Hey there,
So you have debug on, what do your logs tell you?

Try adding

-di 0

Start with GPU0 only, would be a good thing to try, as you could be overloading your PSUs.
If it's a new rig, never been running/stable, break it down, get through the init on one GPU, prove your config and basic hw/sw enviro, and take it from there.

jooi, what PSU are you using, and how many GPU on each, how many risers per cable?

Kudos on the 13gpu rig man, not so easy to get those stable.

Good luck.

footnote:
Try this.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -ewal wallet.rig -epsw x -di 0 -gser 1 -esm 0 -etha 0 -ethi 16 -eres 2 -erate 1 -estale 1 -asm 1 -platform 1 -y 1 -dcri 9 -wd 1 -ftime 5 -r 1440 -cclock 1200 -cvddc 900 -mclock 2100 -mvddc 850 -tstop 83 -tstart 50 -tt 60 -fanmin 40 -fanmax 100 -ttdcr 80 -ttli 80 -mode 1 -dbg 1 -altnum 3 -mport -3333 -mpsw whatever -logfile logs\

Pages: « 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 1280 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.