Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:48:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory - Discussion Thread  (Read 521678 times)
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:54:04 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 12:18:51 PM by QuantumQrack

I am trying to run Armory with the latest 64-bit version of Bitcoin Core.  Is this not possible?  I have pointed Armory to the installation directory of Bitcoin Core, but it doesn't seem to recognize it.

Nevermind, Just had to point Armory to C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\daemon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rock6.3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:43:15 PM

leveldb missing error

Also a lot of these users resort to sending us an email to our support channel, and those have a higher rate of resolution than what you can see here.

More likely support emails get zero reply.
At least that has been my experience for more than a week.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:01:42 PM

leveldb missing error

Also a lot of these users resort to sending us an email to our support channel, and those have a higher rate of resolution than what you can see here.

More likely support emails get zero reply.
At least that has been my experience for more than a week.

We have tried to respond to as many support emails as we can.  But we are a dev team, not a customer support team, so we can't get to everything.  Since we hadn't isolated the cause of your issue yet, the majority of emails we received from users with your symptoms we could not respond intelligently. 

Like I said, we want to respond to everyone, but we're an open-source project that makes no money (yet) and we have no customer support staff.  We respond to the emails that have the easiest response.  And we certainly take note of of the problems we see. 

On that note, I think we found a solution to this.  We may be able to get it into 0.91 after all.  We're excited that many of users reporting these symptoms may be resolved with this fix (hopefully all of them!)

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:44:23 PM

0.91 is an improvement over 0.90 for sure.  But we don't believe that it's a critical upgrade.
I'm eating lunch with altoz right now and he also says he's had problems with 0.90 that required him to delete the .armory directory.

I think you've got a lot of users who having problem but are just living with them instead of reporting them.

i have had zero problems with 0.90 (zero crashes) and that's after putting it thru heavy testing.

of course, my laptop has 16GB RAM with a huge HD in linux.
Heavy testing?  Can you take 10 transactions like this? http://blockchain.info/tx/e3aea19a966d103c4520530f6a8f9486b03d4cbe46deeeb56c4e72730fe83f2f

I couldn't on any rig.

i've not tried a split that large but i have constructed up to 10 outputs w/o a hitch.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:42:13 PM

Zoella, rocks, etc:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522866.msg5807344#msg5807344

i.e. try the latest 0.91-dev branch if you can, with your problem wallets (make sure you rebuild).

i've not tried a split that large but i have constructed up to 10 outputs w/o a hitch.

You need 500+ outputs per transaction to trigger this.

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:25:08 PM

Zoella, rocks, etc:

i.e. try the latest 0.91-dev branch if you can, with your problem wallets (make sure you rebuild).

You need 500+ outputs per transaction to trigger this.

Just wanted to repeat in this thread, fix seems to work great. Highly recommend this upgrade to anyone with speed issues.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:29:51 PM

Just wanted to repeat in this thread, fix seems to work great. Highly recommend this upgrade to anyone with speed issues.

Thanks rxgrant (github) for pointing us to that solution, and then goatpig figured out how to make it even better!  Sounds like it was more successful than any of us were expecting!

Also, thanks to picobit for helping figure out how to fix the mac builds after we revamped the makefiles.  I haven't gotten it working on my system yet, but it's close!

Should have 0.90.99.4 out tonight for Windows, Ubuntu 12.04+ and OSX  (at least the first two).  It will include the moster-tx fix, as well as a ton of robustness improvements.  Also, I should have  a properly-signed announce file, so you don't have to run with --test-announce to get those features. 

jaebird

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:08:09 AM

With the new 0.9.0 bitcoin core we now have an option to run without a core wallet with: -disablewallet option. It would be nice if this could be added to Armory soon! A custom options text entry would allow future quick changes to commandline in "Expert" mode...or something

Thanks for the great app.

EDIT:

I found you can also add the following to the bitcoin.conf file:
disablewallet=1
locksmith9

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:37:32 AM

I too have been unable to access my wallet for the last 2 months or so. I mine at several multipools, and Armory was okay a while back, but as funds built up the wallet started crashing consistently, so I'm looking forward to 0.91!

Side note: I installed 0.90 Bitcoin Core Qt tonight, ran/synced, then closed Qt. I pull up Armory 0.90 and receive the following error:
Output from bitcoind:
StdErr:

: Corrupted block database detected.
Do you want to rebuild the block database now?

Armory stays in Offline mode.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:48:08 AM

I too have been unable to access my wallet for the last 2 months or so. I mine at several multipools, and Armory was okay a while back, but as funds built up the wallet started crashing consistently, so I'm looking forward to 0.91!

Side note: I installed 0.90 Bitcoin Core Qt tonight, ran/synced, then closed Qt. I pull up Armory 0.90 and receive the following error:
Output from bitcoind:
StdErr:

Congrats!  You get to try the new blockchain download via torrent!   But we think your other problems will be fixed when you are done.

Please install the new version of Armory I just posted.  Use "Help"->"Factory Reset" and choose to destroy everything, including redownloading the blockchain.

If it goes right, you should get to redownload via torrent.  The new version should work out of the box.  (no more --test-announce is needed)

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 04:49:18 AM

Testing version 0.90.99.4 for Windows, Mac and Linux*

*Any linux with python2.6 is still borked.  However this package should work on any linux system with python 2.7 (we thought we'd found a way to compile universal installers, and we did...as long as it uses the same python version!).

YES Mac version compiled and seems to be working!
YES The crashing at 99% done scanning seems to be fixed!

Downloads and info in the testing thread.

Rock6.3

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:33:00 PM

Zoella, rocks, etc:

Thank you, version 0.90.99.4 Beta has allowed my Armory Wallet to be fully opened for the first time in more than a week.
jyyst

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

"Make hardclean" don't help.
Code:
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory :( $ cd cppForSwig/
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig $ make hardclean
touch CppBlockUtils.i
rm -f *.o *.out *.a
rm -f CppBlockUtils_wrap.cxx
rm pypaths.txt
make -C cryptopp clean
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/cryptopp'
rm -f cryptest.exe libcryptopp.a gcm.o skipjack.o osrng.o arc4.o cryptlib_bds.o hex.o esign.o randpool.o sharkbox.o base32.o dessp.o gzip.o fips140.o dsa.o polynomi.o winpipes.o eprecomp.o vmac.o hrtimer.o queue.o fipstest.o simple.o xtrcrypt.o hmac.o pkcspad.o authenc.o idea.o squaretb.o rc5.o emsa2.o sha.o network.o eax.o algparam.o des.o zlib.o ida.o dh2.o strciphr.o ecp.o blowfish.o md2.o elgamal.o adler32.o iterhash.o safer.o twofish.o wake.o wait.o default.o rc2.o oaep.o square.o gf2n.o shark.o seed.o shacal2.o cmac.o tea.o serpent.o eccrypto.o ripemd.o camellia.o pubkey.o trdlocal.o salsa.o seal.o luc.o ttmac.o crc.o tigertab.o mqv.o ccm.o dh.o md4.o whrlpool.o asn.o rw.o cast.o tiger.o rng.o channels.o zinflate.o pssr.o misc.o mqueue.o gf256.o rc6.o base64.o zdeflate.o basecode.o algebra.o blumshub.o ec2n.o dll.o gfpcrypt.o cryptlib.o files.o casts.o rijndael.o modes.o nbtheory.o md5.o socketft.o gost.o tftables.o pch.o cbcmac.o rsa.o rdtables.o 3way.o gf2_32.o rabin.o bfinit.o filters.o cpu.o sosemanuk.o xtr.o integer.o bench.o bench2.o test.o validat1.o validat2.o validat3.o adhoc.o datatest.o regtest.o fipsalgt.o dlltest.o cryptopp.dll libcryptopp.dll.a libcryptopp.import.a cryptest.import.exe dlltest.exe algebra.export.o algparam.export.o asn.export.o basecode.export.o cbcmac.export.o channels.export.o cryptlib.export.o des.export.o dessp.export.o dh.export.o dll.export.o dsa.export.o ec2n.export.o eccrypto.export.o ecp.export.o eprecomp.export.o files.export.o filters.export.o fips140.export.o fipstest.export.o gf2n.export.o gfpcrypt.export.o hex.export.o hmac.export.o integer.export.o iterhash.export.o misc.export.o modes.export.o modexppc.export.o mqueue.export.o nbtheory.export.o oaep.export.o osrng.export.o pch.export.o pkcspad.export.o pubkey.export.o queue.export.o randpool.export.o rdtables.export.o rijndael.export.o rng.export.o rsa.export.o sha.export.o simple.export.o skipjack.export.o strciphr.export.o trdlocal.export.o gcm.import.o skipjack.import.o osrng.import.o arc4.import.o cryptlib_bds.import.o hex.import.o esign.import.o randpool.import.o sharkbox.import.o base32.import.o dessp.import.o gzip.import.o fips140.import.o dsa.import.o polynomi.import.o winpipes.import.o eprecomp.import.o vmac.import.o hrtime[Suspicious link removed]port.o queue.import.o fipstest.import.o simple.import.o xtrcrypt.import.o hmac.import.o pkcspad.import.o authenc.import.o idea.import.o squaretb.import.o rc5.import.o emsa2.import.o sha.import.o network.import.o eax.import.o algparam.import.o des.import.o zlib.import.o ida.import.o dh2.import.o strciph[Suspicious link removed]port.o ecp.import.o blowfish.import.o md2.import.o elgamal.import.o adler32.import.o iterhash.import.o safe[Suspicious link removed]port.o twofish.import.o wake.import.o wait.import.o default.import.o rc2.import.o oaep.import.o square.import.o gf2n.import.o shark.import.o seed.import.o shacal2.import.o cmac.import.o tea.import.o serpent.import.o eccrypto.import.o ripemd.import.o camellia.import.o pubkey.import.o trdlocal.import.o salsa.import.o seal.import.o luc.import.o ttmac.import.o crc.import.o tigertab.import.o mqv.import.o ccm.import.o dh.import.o md4.import.o whrlpool.import.o a[Suspicious link removed]port.o rw.import.o cast.import.o tige[Suspicious link removed]port.o rng.import.o channels.import.o zinflate.import.o pss[Suspicious link removed]port.o misc.import.o mqueue.import.o gf256.import.o rc6.import.o base64.import.o zdeflate.import.o basecode.import.o algebra.import.o blumshub.import.o ec2n.import.o dll.import.o gfpcrypt.import.o cryptlib.import.o files.import.o casts.import.o rijndael.import.o modes.import.o nbtheory.import.o md5.import.o socketft.import.o gost.import.o tftables.import.o pch.import.o cbcmac.import.o rsa.import.o rdtables.import.o 3way.import.o gf2_32.import.o rabin.import.o bfinit.import.o filters.import.o cpu.import.o sosemanuk.import.o xt[Suspicious link removed]port.o intege[Suspicious link removed]port.o bench.import.o bench2.import.o test.import.o validat1.import.o validat2.import.o validat3.import.o adhoc.import.o datatest.import.o regtest.import.o fipsalgt.import.o dlltest.import.o dlltest.dllonly.o                                                                                             
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/cryptopp'                                                                                                 
make -C leveldb clean                                                                                                                                                             
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/leveldb'                                                                                                 
rm -f db_bench leveldbutil arena_test autocompact_test bloom_test c_test cache_test coding_test corruption_test crc32c_test db_test dbformat_test env_test filename_test filter_block_test issue178_test issue200_test log_test memenv_test skiplist_test table_test version_edit_test version_set_test write_batch_test db_bench_sqlite3 db_bench_tree_db libleveldb.a libleveldb.so libleveldb.so.1 libleveldb.so.1.15 libmemenv.a */*.o */*/*.o ios-x86/*/*.o ios-arm/*/*.o build_config.mk                                                           
rm -rf ios-x86/* ios-arm/*                                                                                                                                                         
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/leveldb'
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig $ cd ..
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory $ python2 ArmoryQt.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 34, in <module>
    from armoryengine.ALL import *
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ALL.py", line 1, in <module>
    from armoryengine.ArmoryUtils import *
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 39, in <module>
    from CppBlockUtils import KdfRomix, CryptoAES
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 28, in <module>
    _CppBlockUtils = swig_import_helper()
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_CppBlockUtils', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/_CppBlockUtils.so: undefined symbol: _ZN6snappy21GetUncompressedLengthEPKcmPm
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory :( $ cd cppForSwig/
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig $ make
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c UniversalTimer.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BinaryData.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c leveldb_wrapper.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c StoredBlockObj.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BtcUtils.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BlockObj.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c BlockUtils.cpp
g++  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -O2 -pipe -fPIC -c EncryptionUtils.cpp
make -C cryptopp libcryptopp.a
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/cryptopp'
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c gcm.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c skipjack.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c osrng.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c arc4.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c cryptlib_bds.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c hex.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c esign.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c randpool.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c sharkbox.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c base32.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c dessp.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c gzip.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c fips140.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c dsa.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c polynomi.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c winpipes.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c eprecomp.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c vmac.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c hrtimer.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c queue.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c fipstest.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c simple.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c xtrcrypt.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c hmac.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c pkcspad.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c authenc.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c idea.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c squaretb.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rc5.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c emsa2.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c sha.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c network.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c eax.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c algparam.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c des.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c zlib.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c ida.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c dh2.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c strciphr.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c ecp.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c blowfish.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c md2.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c elgamal.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c adler32.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c iterhash.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c safer.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c twofish.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c wake.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c wait.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c default.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rc2.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c oaep.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c square.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c gf2n.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c shark.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c seed.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c shacal2.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c cmac.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c tea.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c serpent.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c eccrypto.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c ripemd.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c camellia.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c pubkey.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c trdlocal.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c salsa.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c seal.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c luc.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c ttmac.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c crc.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c tigertab.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c mqv.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c ccm.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c dh.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c md4.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c whrlpool.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c asn.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rw.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c cast.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c tiger.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rng.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c channels.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c zinflate.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c pssr.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c misc.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c mqueue.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c gf256.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rc6.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c base64.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c zdeflate.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c basecode.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c algebra.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c blumshub.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c ec2n.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c dll.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c gfpcrypt.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c cryptlib.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c files.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c casts.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rijndael.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c modes.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c nbtheory.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c md5.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c socketft.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c gost.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c tftables.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c pch.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c cbcmac.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rsa.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rdtables.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c 3way.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c gf2_32.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c rabin.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c bfinit.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c filters.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c cpu.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c sosemanuk.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c xtr.cpp
g++ -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -fPIC -mtune=generic -pipe -c integer.cpp
ar -cr   libcryptopp.a gcm.o skipjack.o osrng.o arc4.o cryptlib_bds.o hex.o esign.o randpool.o sharkbox.o base32.o dessp.o gzip.o fips140.o dsa.o polynomi.o winpipes.o eprecomp.o vmac.o hrtimer.o queue.o fipstest.o simple.o xtrcrypt.o hmac.o pkcspad.o authenc.o idea.o squaretb.o rc5.o emsa2.o sha.o network.o eax.o algparam.o des.o zlib.o ida.o dh2.o strciphr.o ecp.o blowfish.o md2.o elgamal.o adler32.o iterhash.o safer.o twofish.o wake.o wait.o default.o rc2.o oaep.o square.o gf2n.o shark.o seed.o shacal2.o cmac.o tea.o serpent.o eccrypto.o ripemd.o camellia.o pubkey.o trdlocal.o salsa.o seal.o luc.o ttmac.o crc.o tigertab.o mqv.o ccm.o dh.o md4.o whrlpool.o asn.o rw.o cast.o tiger.o rng.o channels.o zinflate.o pssr.o misc.o mqueue.o gf256.o rc6.o base64.o zdeflate.o basecode.o algebra.o blumshub.o ec2n.o dll.o gfpcrypt.o cryptlib.o files.o casts.o rijndael.o modes.o nbtheory.o md5.o socketft.o gost.o tftables.o pch.o cbcmac.o rsa.o rdtables.o 3way.o gf2_32.o rabin.o bfinit.o filters.o cpu.o sosemanuk.o xtr.o integer.o
ranlib libcryptopp.a
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/cryptopp'
mv cryptopp/libcryptopp.a .
make -C leveldb libleveldb.a
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/leveldb'
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/c.cc -o db/c.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/dbformat.cc -o db/dbformat.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/db_impl.cc -o db/db_impl.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/db_iter.cc -o db/db_iter.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/filename.cc -o db/filename.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/log_reader.cc -o db/log_reader.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/log_writer.cc -o db/log_writer.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/memtable.cc -o db/memtable.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/repair.cc -o db/repair.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/table_cache.cc -o db/table_cache.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/version_edit.cc -o db/version_edit.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/version_set.cc -o db/version_set.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c db/write_batch.cc -o db/write_batch.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/block_builder.cc -o table/block_builder.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/block.cc -o table/block.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/filter_block.cc -o table/filter_block.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/format.cc -o table/format.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/iterator.cc -o table/iterator.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/merger.cc -o table/merger.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/table_builder.cc -o table/table_builder.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/table.cc -o table/table.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c table/two_level_iterator.cc -o table/two_level_iterator.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/arena.cc -o util/arena.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/bloom.cc -o util/bloom.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/cache.cc -o util/cache.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/coding.cc -o util/coding.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/comparator.cc -o util/comparator.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/crc32c.cc -o util/crc32c.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/env.cc -o util/env.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/env_posix.cc -o util/env_posix.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/filter_policy.cc -o util/filter_policy.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/hash.cc -o util/hash.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/histogram.cc -o util/histogram.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/logging.cc -o util/logging.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/options.cc -o util/options.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c util/status.cc -o util/status.o
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DSNAPPY -O2 -fPIC -DNDEBUG        -c port/port_posix.cc -o port/port_posix.o
rm -f libleveldb.a
ar -rs libleveldb.a db/builder.o db/c.o db/dbformat.o db/db_impl.o db/db_iter.o db/filename.o db/log_reader.o db/log_writer.o db/memtable.o db/repair.o db/table_cache.o db/version_edit.o db/version_set.o db/write_batch.o table/block_builder.o table/block.o table/filter_block.o table/format.o table/iterator.o table/merger.o table/table_builder.o table/table.o table/two_level_iterator.o util/arena.o util/bloom.o util/cache.o util/coding.o util/comparator.o util/crc32c.o util/env.o util/env_posix.o util/filter_policy.o util/hash.o util/histogram.o util/logging.o util/options.o util/status.o port/port_posix.o
ar: creating libleveldb.a
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig/leveldb'
mv leveldb/libleveldb.a .
g++ -O2 -pipe -fPIC  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS  -c -o sighandler.o sighandler.cpp
swig -c++ -python -classic -threads -outdir ../ -v CppBlockUtils.i
Language subdirectory: python
Search paths:
   ./
   ./swig_lib/python/
   /usr/share/swig/2.0.12/python/
   ./swig_lib/
   /usr/share/swig/2.0.12/
Preprocessing...
Starting language-specific parse...
EncryptionUtils.h:178: Warning 362: operator= ignored
Processing types...
EncryptionUtils.h:133: Warning 402: Base class 'BinaryData' is incomplete.
BtcUtils.h:83: Warning 402: Only forward declaration 'BinaryData' was found.
C++ analysis...
Generating wrappers...
BlockObj.h:604: Warning 472: Overloaded method TxIOPair::TxIOPair(TxRef,uint32_t,TxRef,uint32_t) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockObj.h:648: Warning 472: Overloaded method TxIOPair::setTxIn(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockObj.h:650: Warning 472: Overloaded method TxIOPair::setTxOut(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
StoredBlockObj.h:317: Warning 472: Overloaded method StoredHeader::setHeightAndDup(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
StoredBlockObj.h:583: Warning 472: Overloaded method StoredScriptHistory::markTxOutUnspent(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
StoredBlockObj.h:583: Warning 472: Overloaded method StoredScriptHistory::markTxOutUnspent(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
StoredBlockObj.h:647: Warning 472: Overloaded method StoredSubHistory::markTxOutUnspent(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
StoredBlockObj.h:647: Warning 472: Overloaded method StoredSubHistory::markTxOutUnspent(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
StoredBlockObj.h:709: Warning 472: Overloaded method StoredTxHints::setPreferredTx(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:197: Warning 472: Overloaded method AddressBookEntry::AddressBookEntry(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:262: Warning 472: Overloaded method ScrAddrObj::ScrAddrObj(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:262: Warning 472: Overloaded method ScrAddrObj::ScrAddrObj(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 0 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:301: Warning 509: Overloaded method ScrAddrObj::addTxIO(TxIOPair &) effectively ignored,
BlockUtils.h:300: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by ScrAddrObj::addTxIO(TxIOPair *).
BlockUtils.h:300: Warning 509: Overloaded method ScrAddrObj::addTxIO(TxIOPair *,bool) effectively ignored,
BlockUtils.h:301: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by ScrAddrObj::addTxIO(TxIOPair &,bool).
BlockUtils.h:352: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addScrAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:352: Warning 472: Overloaded method BtcWallet::addScrAddress(BinaryData) with no explicit typecheck typemap for arg 1 of type 'BinaryData'
BlockUtils.h:685: Warning 509: Overloaded method BlockDataManager_LevelDB::SetDatabaseModes(int,int) effectively ignored,
BlockUtils.h:682: Warning 509: as it is shadowed by BlockDataManager_LevelDB::SetDatabaseModes(ARMORY_DB_TYPE,DB_PRUNE_TYPE).
g++ -I"/usr/include/python2.7" -O2 -pipe -fPIC  -Icryptopp -Ileveldb/include -DUSE_CRYPTOPP -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -c CppBlockUtils_wrap.cxx
g++ -shared -fPIC -lpthread -Lleveldb -L/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0 -lpython2.7  -O2 -pipe -fPIC UniversalTimer.o BinaryData.o leveldb_wrapper.o StoredBlockObj.o BtcUtils.o BlockObj.o BlockUtils.o EncryptionUtils.o libcryptopp.a libleveldb.a sighandler.o "/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0" CppBlockUtils_wrap.o -o ../_CppBlockUtils.so
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig $ python2 ArmoryQt.py
python2: can't open file 'ArmoryQt.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory/cppForSwig :( $ cd ..
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory $ python2 ArmoryQt.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 34, in <module>
    from armoryengine.ALL import *
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ALL.py", line 1, in <module>
    from armoryengine.ArmoryUtils import *
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/armoryengine/ArmoryUtils.py", line 39, in <module>
    from CppBlockUtils import KdfRomix, CryptoAES
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 28, in <module>
    _CppBlockUtils = swig_import_helper()
  File "/home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/CppBlockUtils.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_CppBlockUtils', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /home/piotrek/Apps/BitcoinArmory/_CppBlockUtils.so: undefined symbol: _ZN6snappy21GetUncompressedLengthEPKcmPm
piotrek@piotek-pc ~/Apps/BitcoinArmory :( $
Last git now: http://pastebin.com/GFkrwwBZ
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:57:54 PM

can you pastebin ./Makefile and ./cppForSwig/Makefile please

njaard

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:01:54 PM

in addition to what goatpig wrote, can you give us the output of `echo $OPT`
sipak

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:22:23 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 11:37:23 AM by sipak

I just spent 5 day or so upgrading to Bitcoin Core 0.9 and Armory 0.90.99-4 before succeeding to get on-line again. The major and only problem was that after initially upgrading just to Bitcoin Core 0.9, Armory 0.9 always got stuck while building and rescanning the block data. I had to upgrade also to Armory 0.90.99-4 and do Factory reset before succeeding to come back online.

This is really unsatisfactory state, since the Armory ability to create off-line transaction is totally dependent on its active on-line status. What would I do in case of some emergency during those 5 days. What if I need to transfer coins as soon as possible due to a possible paper backup breach?

I think there is a need for option of creating the unsigned transaction on other platforms while signing it by Armory off-line. If I could create unsigned transaction on Blockchain.info, that would be really great. Or even to have utility in Armory to build the unsigned transaction by collecting the inputs and amounts manually from whatever trusted source - in expert mode of course.

This would really help to make transaction in times when there is any problem with Armory online status.

What do you think?

EDIT: By the way new version with secure download and automatic torrent bootstrap helps a lot and it is actually much faster than ever before: After doing Factory reset I was able to be online in some 10 hours.
sipak

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:00:45 PM

It is possible to delete imported address with private key from encrypted wallet without entering the password. I dont know how this is possible - it shouldnt be that way. The private part of wallet should be encrypted so it should not be possible to mess with it without password.
idoB

Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:48:11 PM

I just spent 5 day or so
What if I need to transfer coins as soon as possible due to a possible paper backup breach?

If you can get to your offline wallet Armory (physically and past its password/s) - you have access to your private keys.
Worst case, urgently needing funds:
In the offline Armory, under 'Backup Wallet' you can get a list of the private and public keys for each address. This enables you to copy one or a few addresses that have sufficient coins to a plaintext file and import it to another client wallet.

To greatly decrease the 'attack surface' of a paper backup breach Armory has Fragmented Backups. You can use M of N scheme where you plant these N backups in different physical locations and need M of them to recreate the wallet.
locksmith9

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:04:47 PM

Output from bitcoind:
StdErr:

Congrats!  You get to try the new blockchain download via torrent!   But we think your other problems will be fixed when you are done.

Please install the new version of Armory I just posted.  Use "Help"->"Factory Reset" and choose to destroy everything, including redownloading the blockchain.

If it goes right, you should get to redownload via torrent.  The new version should work out of the box.  (no more --test-announce is needed)

0.90.99.40-test did the trick. I can now open my wallet with many multipool inputs and it does not crash. I did not do a factory reset - just installed the testing version over 0.90. I did have to manually point Armory to Bitcoin Core 0.90, I'm guessing because I installed the 64-bit version.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:29:24 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 05:57:02 PM by goatpig

It is possible to delete imported address with private key from encrypted wallet without entering the password. I dont know how this is possible - it shouldnt be that way. The private part of wallet should be encrypted so it should not be possible to mess with it without password.

It will not hurt the wallet's consistency to delete an entry in full, whether it is encrypted or not. However I'm not sure this can be done from our UI. If it can be done, then it is a mistake on our part and we'll get to fixing it right away.

0.90.99.40-test did the trick. I can now open my wallet with many multipool inputs and it does not crash. I did not do a factory reset - just installed the testing version over 0.90. I did have to manually point Armory to Bitcoin Core 0.90, I'm guessing because I installed the 64-bit version.

First of all, 0.90.99.4 (essentially it 0.91-beta RC3)  uses different LevelDB system parameters, so we highly recommend you wipe your current DB and rebuild it. As for finding x64 version of 0.9.0 bitcoin core, it should find it on its own. Empty the path input line in the settings file, restart Armory and it should find it on its own. Let me know if it doesn't (it does work just fine on my end).

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: