New version: 2.2.4Human readable changelog of user visible changes:
- Faster performance on ATI GCN (79xx), ATI 4x cards and Nvidia.
- Less failures to build kernels at startup.
- Faster startup - cgminer now finds just one pool that's responding before starting mining and allows the others in a multipool setup to be detected later.
- Pool connection issues may have been causing inappropriate clocking of GPU engine clock speeds and fans and disabling GPUs. The pool detection code has been moved to its own thread to not disturb GPU management.
- Accumulated work was expiring at precisely the same moment leading to false pool-slow-to-respond warnings. cgminer now buffers even more work at intervals spaced out by the number of mining threads. This should make hashrate more stable as well.
- Shutdown code was made more robust so there should be less crashes on exiting.
- The windows binary was built with a newer pthread library (dll included in zip) which should also lead to more stable code.
- --failover-only is now much more aggressive at avoiding working on work that is not from the primary pool we're connected to.
- New option: --api-allow <arg> Allow API access only to the given list of IP[/Prefix] addresses[/subnets]
- Support for x-reject reason. When a pool supports it you should get a response like this on rejects:
[2012-02-11 22:11:43] Rejected 00000000.a7b317fa.c16767ef GPU 0 thread 0 pool 1 (Stale or unknown work)
- Combinations of hardware that use different kernels (eg 7970 and 6970) should now work properly.
- Rarely GPUs would throttle to their lowest setting and not rise back even if they were below their target temperature. This should be fixed.Full changelog:
- Retain cl program after successfully loading a binary image. May decrease
failures to build kernels at startup.
- Variable unused after this so remove setting it.
- BFI INT patching is not necessarily true on binary loading of files and not
true on ATI SDK2.6+. Report bitalign instead.
- Various string fixes for reject reason.
- Generalize --temp-cutoff and implement support for reading temperature from
- Change message from recovered to alive since it is used on startup as well as
when a pool has recovered.
- Start mining as soon as any pool is found active and rely on the watchpool
thread to bring up other pools.
- Delayed responses from testing pools that are down can hold up the watchdog
thread from getting to its device testing code, leading to false detection of
the GPU not checking in, and can substantially delay auto gpu/auto fan
management leading to overheating. Move pool watching to its own thread.
- Bugfix: BitFORCE index needs to be static to count correctly
- Space out retrieval of extra work according to the number of mining threads.
- Make shutdown more robust. Enable the input thread only after the other
threads exist. Don't kill off the workio thread and use it to exit main() only
if there is an unexpected problem. Use kill_work() for all anticipated shutdowns
where possible. Remove unused thread entry.
- Change poclbm version number.
- One array is faster than 2 separate arrays so change to that in poclbm kernel.
- Microoptimisations to poclbm kernel which increase throughput slightly.
- Import diablominer kernel. Currently disabled as not working.
- Import diapolo kernel. Currently disabled as not working.
- Conflicting entries of cl_kernel may have been causing problems, and
automatically chosen kernel type was not being passed on. Rename the enum to
cl_kernels and store the chosen kernel in each clState.
- Set cl_amd_media_ops with the BITALIGN flag and allow non-bitselect devices to
- ALlow much longer filenames for kernels to load properly.
- Allow different kernels to be used by different devices and fix the logic fail
of overcorrecting on last commit with !strstr.
- Fix kernel selection process and build error.
- queue_phatk_kernel now uses CL_SET_VARG() for base-nonce(s), too
- added OpenCL >= 1.1 detection code, in preparation of OpenCL 1.1 global offset
- Use K array explicitly to make it clear what is being added.
- Work items have a tendency to expire at exactly the same time and we don't
queue extra items when there are plenty in the queue, regardless of age. Allow
extra work items to be queued if adequate time has passed since we last
requested work even if over the limit.
- Discard work when failover-only is enabled and the work has come from a
- Missing include to build on newer mingw32.
- Move from the thread safe localtime_r to regular localtime which is the only
one supported on newer pthread libraries on mingw32 to make it compile with the
newer ming. Thread safety is of no importance where localtime is used in this
- Define in_addr_t in windows if required
- sys/wait.h not required in windows
- Allow API to restrict access by IP address
- Add pool switching to example miner.php
- Display X-Reject-Reason, when provided
- Remove the test for whether the device is on the highest profil level before
raising the GPU speed as it is ineffectual and may prevent raising the GPU
- Remove unnecessary check for opt_debug one every invocation of applog at
LOG_DEBUG level and place the check in applog().