Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:39:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 11:19:59 PM

I was just kidding about the way I was showing public support for Graet's pool.  Cheesy

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 11:42:35 PM

Well, after over three days of trying to get cgminer working on both my headless rig and my PC I think I'm gonna give it a pass, it's just not playing right. I finally managed to get it running on my rig but still with the errors on start, and I have no control over temps, fan, memclock, engine or anything else, despite having them in my config file that it says it's read. GPU-z sees everything as stock. I've tried multiple driver versions, multiple re-installs, dummy plugs, crossfire, different gfx cards....everything.

Back to shitty old guiminer with a 20+% DOA/stale rate for me I'm afraid.

Shame, cos when it worked as it should the very first time I was impressed, hash rate up & stale rate,temps,memclock & power draw all down. It's just getting it to work that lets it down.....

Good luck with the project, maybe I'll try it again after a few more updates, it might not be so "fussy" by then.

Regards. Shocked

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 12:24:04 AM

... and I have no control over temps, fan, memclock, engine or anything else, despite having them in my config file that it says it's read. GPU-z sees everything as stock. I've tried multiple driver versions, multiple re-installs, dummy plugs, crossfire, different gfx cards....everything.
cgminer has a particular format for its conf file. Do you have the syntax all proper? Commas and { }'s all in the right places?

-- Smoov
PatMan

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 01:32:01 AM

... and I have no control over temps, fan, memclock, engine or anything else, despite having them in my config file that it says it's read. GPU-z sees everything as stock. I've tried multiple driver versions, multiple re-installs, dummy plugs, crossfire, different gfx cards....everything.
cgminer has a particular format for its conf file. Do you have the syntax all proper? Commas and { }'s all in the right places?

-- Smoov

Hi Smoovious,

Yeah, all as it should be. Plus it was written by cgminer anyway, so it should be right, I just changed a few values. Problem is with the startup errors.....it's just not reading my cards right.....

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 01:34:13 AM

-- Smoov

Hi Smoovious,

Yeah, all as it should be. Plus it was written by cgminer anyway, so it should be right, I just changed a few values. Problem is with the startup errors.....it's just not reading my cards right.....
Good old random windows fuckage. Not getting adl access also happens when you log in as one user and switch to another.

-ck
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 01:35:50 AM

Hi Smoovious,

are your cards single-screen or multi-screen cards? (I don't mean one HD port and 1 SVGA port, but 2 HD ports or more)

-- Smoov
PatMan

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 05:06:10 AM

-- Smoov

Hi Smoovious,

Good old random windows fuckage. Not getting adl access also happens when you log in as one user and switch to another.

LOL! I know, I know. The more I've used windoze the more I've grown to hate it, but unfortunately it's all I know how to use in any kind of computer savvy way - I just can't get my head around Linux, and I've tried, believe me, but all those algebraic commands and stuff just confuse the hell out of me! Maybe I'm a dyslexic or something, but give me a gui and I'm good to go.

As for the user thing you mentioned, there's only one on my PC & the RIG, so that's not the issue I think. The cards are your standard run-of-the-mill HD5970 & HD5870's so are compatible with pretty much every mobo & software you can stick'em in.

ANYWAYS. Good ish news, I've been saved by the Trixx. Gave up trying to configure cgminer to control my cards but wanted to keep using it as my miner due to it's excellent and steady mining capabilities, so I deleted the config & bin files, installed Trixx to control the memclocks, gpuclocks, volts & fans (It recognised all my gpu's instantly & accurately by the way), restarted cgminer ignoring the errors and was able to set the intensities, vectors, workrates and kernels in the new config file and left everything else on "0". restarted cgminer and hay bloody presto!! I now have full control of everything again, it's mining steadily and the performance is very good indeedy.

It's a shame that I had to use another windows program to do what cgminer was supposed to do for me - indeed the reason I wanted to use cgminer was not just because it is a very efficient miner, but that it also can control your gpu's - or not, as the case may be. So in this case, a bit of windoze "fuckage" has come to the rescue - eh wot? (had to sneak that one in - sorry)

So yeah, great miner guys, but there still seems to be some compatibility issues that need to be ironed out as far as the windoze side is concerned me thinks, but I don't blame you for not bothering too much about it, seeing as we all love windows so much. Next time I switch on my Netbook I'll boot into Ubuntu for the first time in months and have another play with it, but only until my head starts hurting......2 mins max.

Goodbye guiminer, hello cgminer. Just about.  Grin

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 05:10:04 AM

So yeah, great miner guys, but there still seems to be some compatibility issues that need to be ironed out as far as the windoze side is concerned me thinks, but I don't blame you for not bothering too much about it, seeing as we all love windows so much.
Well... I actually have busted my balls for months on end trying to sort out the windows issues, so that is a slight understatement saying "not bothering much"  Roll Eyes
 Enjoy anyway.

-ck
PatMan

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 05:24:31 AM

So yeah, great miner guys, but there still seems to be some compatibility issues that need to be ironed out as far as the windoze side is concerned me thinks, but I don't blame you for not bothering too much about it, seeing as we all love windows so much.
Well... I actually have busted my balls for months on end trying to sort out the windows issues, so that is a slight understatement saying "not bothering much"  Roll Eyes
 Enjoy anyway.

Of course, I realize that and appreciate all your hard work greatly - it was a very tongue in cheek comment, text can come across very blatant & uncaring sometimes - especially when I write it...... Shocked

All good, and thanks again. Now that I'm mining properly again I'll make a wee donation - my first incoming will be yours my man. Grin

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 09:03:37 AM

I was just kidding about the way I was showing public support for Graet's pool.  Cheesy
No take-backs!

Well... I actually have busted my balls for months on end trying to sort out the windows issues, so that is a slight understatement saying "not bothering much"  Roll Eyes
 Enjoy anyway.

I find it hilarious that you can manage to fix all these Win bugs without even using it for yourself. Crazy.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 10:10:16 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2012, 10:32:46 AM by meowmeowbrowncow

The semi-official Bitcoin Pool Comparison Chart only shows 2 stratum pools, BTCGuild and Slush's.  Are there others?
Most pools are in the process of implementing it. Of the other ones that already have it, ozcoin is my favourite, but emc also does it (though with too unstable a variable difficulty IMO).
Good to know Cheesy
Thanks ckolivas  Cool
* ckolivas rattles the donation jar and whistles innocently

j/k

People should start pledging amounts earned from when they receive their new gear.

3.0 btc here.

Sure, I'll pledge an unknown amount of my unknown earnings from my unknown gear that I may receive, or not, so the story goes.  I'm sure ckolivas and graet can really plan allot for the future based on that. Smiley

I'll count my chickens after they hatch and go from there.

censored.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 02:29:56 PM

Well... I actually have busted my balls for months on end trying to sort out the windows issues, so that is a slight understatement saying "not bothering much"  Roll Eyes
 Enjoy anyway.

I've been using CGMiner on Windoze since it's 2.0 version because it could do what no other miner or GPU management software could do with controlling my GPU's.  Been very happy with the capabilities since.

Thanks ckolivas for additional work you have put into Windoze support.  I haven't experienced any Windoze related issues since not being able to press Q and get the closing stats, that I know of anyway.
Thanks,
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
TAiS46

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 04:14:30 PM

hey,

can someone tell me, why I dont can't use the menu options?
Or why I dont see the output like the sample output from the first post?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 05:08:48 PM

hey,

can someone tell me, why I dont can't use the menu options?
Or why I dont see the output like the sample output from the first post?

http://i.imagebanana.com/img/svq96s33/Bildschirmfoto20121123um16.48.47.png
Most likely you used -T which stops you from using the menu options ...

If you compiled it yourself (and didn't use -T), then you didn't take note that configure told you CURSES was not available
(the curses.TUI message at the end)

If someone else compiled it - don't use their version, use ckolivas or my version (depending on Linux OS version)

If you are running on a 32bit linux, then you'll need to take note of how whoever compiled it for you (and the configure reply at the end)

i.e. supply more information about OS and who compiled it and what configure said.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
TAiS46

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 05:46:14 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2012, 06:02:03 PM by TAiS46

compiled by my own.
ubuntu 12.4

./configure --enable-btcforce

at the end: curses-TUI NOT FOUND. TUI support DISABLED

what to do?

Edit: installed now libncurses5-dev ... seems to work, recompiling now
Edit2: working Smiley thx
bicer

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 04:58:06 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2012, 10:22:53 PM by bicer

Inaba were you able to resolve this? I'm running into exactly the same issue.

Ok, so I'm at stumped, maybe someone has an idea:

I have a W7 x64 box that I reloaded recently.  I loaded the ATI drivers and the SDK... firing up CGMiner, it mines just fine.  However, when I q out of CGminer, W7 will BSOD with a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in atikmdag.sys.  I've Googled the hell out of it and tried all the suggestions and nothing seems to work.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several different drivers versions, including 11.2 which I know worked with v2.4, v2.5 and v2.6 of the SDK.  Nothing changes the behavior.  

I realize it's not directly a CGMiner problem and something is wrong somewhere in the system, but bugger all if I can figure out what it is.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I've tried Driver Sweeper and reinstalled the drivers from scratch, but nothing works.

The system operates fine, I can play games, etc... and CGMiner mines fine.  The only time there is a problem is when I quit CGMiner, otherwise zero problems at all.  I'm completely stumped.

PS - this is mining with a pair of 6990's.

Anyone?

luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 06:12:25 AM

sorry if this has been asked again:
(U)tility is a sum of all the shares, accepted,rejected,HW?
is there any measurement (shares/min) only for accepted ones?
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 09:54:55 AM

Pretty sure it was just Accepted shares. Since rejects kill your hashrate I would expect the U (SPM) to drop off too.
HW in my experience (BFL single) did change U (SPM). This would be caused by 15 seconds of doing nothing. I am not sure about GPU based work as I do not own profitable hardware for that.

I am sure Kano, Con or someone far better informed will let you know if I am wrong. I could be wrong and it is even semi-likely that I am.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 10:13:38 AM

Pretty sure it was just Accepted shares. Since rejects kill your hashrate I would expect the U (SPM) to drop off too.
HW in my experience (BFL single) did change U (SPM). This would be caused by 15 seconds of doing nothing. I am not sure about GPU based work as I do not own profitable hardware for that.

I am sure Kano, Con or someone far better informed will let you know if I am wrong. I could be wrong and it is even semi-likely that I am.
Yes you are correct, U is accepted shares per minute.

You can calculate U directly from the screen: 60 * A / Elapsed
(Elapsed = now - Started: at the top)

Also, WU is the amount of 1 diff work done per minute by the hardware.

Note the other difference there: U is shares per minute, WU is 1 diff work per minute.
Share per minute is obviously affected by the share difficulty.

The API has all the numbers in it (both of: based on shares and based on difficulty)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 03:15:23 PM

The semi-official Bitcoin Pool Comparison Chart only shows 2 stratum pools, BTCGuild and Slush's.  Are there others?
Most pools are in the process of implementing it. Of the other ones that already have it, ozcoin is my favourite, but emc also does it (though with too unstable a variable difficulty IMO).

Come on now, lets be honest.  The variable difficulty isn't the problem here, Stratum is the problem: it's difficulty to work relation is broken from the ground up and needs to be fixed.  If the difficulty were too unstable, why can GW and GBT keep up just fine?  CGminer doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with it in GW, right?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: