Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:56:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805224 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:20:53 AM

Well if sockets are actually working (the link there is about how to enable them when they aren't working) then it's a problem with the socket connecting to the target.

So it's a firewall/port forwarding problem if sockets are installed properly and enabled in PHP
(they are on by default usually in linux, but not always in windows)

That's what I figured.  I will update this thread if I ever find a solution. I am trying out some experiments from the php.net website.
If you 'roll' on over to FreeNode #cgminer it's usually easy to sort out where the problem is.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:27:27 AM

Any ideas about how to fix "hanging" on windows when ADL is enabled?
cgminer frozen after about 3-4hrs of mining yesterday :/ I`m not getting it, it always happen when I`m away form pc and user is switched to login screen.

I`m using now startup batch:
Code:
cgminer --shares 1
cgminer --no-adl
1st instance is setting up clocks and exit after one share, 2nd one is mining.

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:29:58 AM

User switching on windows does mystical voodoo the adl library doesn't like.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
sharky112065

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:39:12 AM

is there any chance of a GUI to be made for this to make miners and configs a lot simpler etc like over clocking settings miner settings then add in and done makes it up

Most likely not.  You can use the menu's within Cgminer to set those settings and then save a conf file. Further startups of Cgminer would use that saved conf file.

Donations welcome: 12KaKtrK52iQjPdtsJq7fJ7smC32tXWbWr
Roland68

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:41:49 AM

Hi, what would be the parameter syntax in the cgminer.conf file to stop the stratum protocol on btcguils and returning to the old connect way ?

I have 3 PC's ans all 3 are crashing after some time ... at the same time ... (must be stratum/pool related).

thanks for your help.
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:49:43 AM

It is impossible to catch that somehow?
Some watchdog on ADL thread to detect and fix when it happen?
ADL thingy is good to disable mining when it is overheating.
It is my desktop pc, so i need to switch user to allow my kids play on theirs accounts...

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 09:39:10 AM

It is my desktop pc, so i need to switch user to allow my kids play on theirs accounts...
Alas not that I'm aware of.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 09:43:22 AM

New version: 2.8.5, 23rd October 2012

Minor bugfix version.

Human readable changelog

More minor stratum fixes hopefully addressing some of the remaining windows crashes. No debugging has been able to capture their actual cause as of yet.
cgminer now tries to actually catch crashes and unless the --no-restart option is given, it will try to restart cleanly. Yes this is a desperate but hopefully quite useful thing to do.
A small delay is added between queues when the network is out to prevent the huge sudden spikes in queued values.
It was possible to run out of work if a stratum pool was going down often and cgminer was resorting to a regular getwork pool.
Build fixes for mingw builds on windows.
Stratum information now in the API.

Full changelog

- Handle crash exceptions by trying to restart cgminer unless the --no-restart
option is used.
- Switch queued count when choosing a different pool from a failed stratum pool
in getwork thread.
- Put a mandatory 5s wait between reattempting a getwork on failure to avoid
hammering requests.
- The ATI stream / AMD APP SDK environment variables appear to only interfere
with win32 builds so bypass them.
- Make sure to check pool stratum curl exists under lock before attempting any
recv to not risk dereferencing upon attempting to reinitiate stratum.
- Avoid redefining macros and align to 4 byte boundaries.
- API - add Stratum information to pools
- update FPGA-README for MMQ

-ck
kano
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:05:43 AM

cut/paste ...

An Xubuntu 11.04 x86_64 executable is in my github downloads called cgminer-2.8.5a
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/downloads
(it also works on Fedora 16 and 17)

For anyone who didn't realise, it's just the executable file to put in place of 'cgminer'
Nothing else needs changing
First get and extract the full binary release from ckolivas and then copy my file in place of 'cgminer'

The same configure options as cvolivas' binary version
In case anyone was wondering:
CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall" ./autogen.sh --enable-icarus --enable-bitforce --enable-ztex --enable-modminer --enable-scrypt
make clean
make

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:21:10 AM

I'm still using 2.8.4.  Yesterday I'd swear it restarted itself.  I manually removed all the pools I didn't want using the P command, but they were still in the config file.  A few hours later I noticed my p2pool activity had dropped to zero again, so I checked it.  cgminer was mining away to a pool that wasn't supposed to be there, and a pool I'd added manually was no longer there!  I'm 99% positive I didn't restart it, and I don't have any scripts that would restart it if it crashed.  After that I edited the config file to put it the way I wanted...

M

New version: 2.8.5, 23rd October 2012

Minor bugfix version.

Human readable changelog

More minor stratum fixes hopefully addressing some of the remaining windows crashes. No debugging has been able to capture their actual cause as of yet.
cgminer now tries to actually catch crashes and unless the --no-restart option is given, it will try to restart cleanly. Yes this is a desperate but hopefully quite useful thing to do.
A small delay is added between queues when the network is out to prevent the huge sudden spikes in queued values.
It was possible to run out of work if a stratum pool was going down often and cgminer was resorting to a regular getwork pool.
Build fixes for mingw builds on windows.
Stratum information now in the API.

Full changelog

- Handle crash exceptions by trying to restart cgminer unless the --no-restart
option is used.
- Switch queued count when choosing a different pool from a failed stratum pool
in getwork thread.
- Put a mandatory 5s wait between reattempting a getwork on failure to avoid
hammering requests.
- The ATI stream / AMD APP SDK environment variables appear to only interfere
with win32 builds so bypass them.
- Make sure to check pool stratum curl exists under lock before attempting any
recv to not risk dereferencing upon attempting to reinitiate stratum.
- Avoid redefining macros and align to 4 byte boundaries.
- API - add Stratum information to pools
- update FPGA-README for MMQ

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:22:30 AM

I have CGMiner in the startup.  So my kid logs my session out, which shuts down CGMiner, and logs into his which starts CGMiner again.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 10:24:59 AM

I'm still using 2.8.4.  Yesterday I'd swear it restarted itself.  I manually removed all the pools I didn't want using the P command, but they were still in the config file.  A few hours later I noticed my p2pool activity had dropped to zero again, so I checked it.  cgminer was mining away to a pool that wasn't supposed to be there, and a pool I'd added manually was no longer there!  I'm 99% positive I didn't restart it, and I don't have any scripts that would restart it if it crashed.  After that I edited the config file to put it the way I wanted...
There is only one occasion where cgminer restarts itself prior to version 2.8.5: That is when the fanspeed monitoring fails on windows. It used to be the bane of my existence quite a few versions ago where people would either lose their fanspeed monitoring or cgminer would crash. Now it sneakily restarts itself if the ATI driver's fanspeed monitoring stops working so it can get it going again.

-ck
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 12:04:45 PM

I have CGMiner in the startup.  So my kid logs my session out, which shuts down CGMiner, and logs into his which starts CGMiner again.
Sam
I can not log out, because I run linux VM that holds xCoind`s and p2pool Smiley
I need switch users.

ryann

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:01:43 PM

I notice that i am getting many more rejected shares now that im using 2.8.4 compared to 2.7.5. I usualy get about 10 rejected shares per 20 000 accepted shares. Now with 2.8.4 ive gotten 200
Nothing's changed in management therein, so I can only assume it's coincidence and pool related.

I immediately stopped the 2.8.4 and restarted 2.7.5 and i have no stale shares at all yet. Soemthing is definetly up
Did you move to stratum with 2.8.4?

EDIT: To explain why I ask that, cgminer + stratum gets notification of block changes much faster than ever so it should reduce the number of stales. On the other hand, I have noticed that slush uses that as an excuse to ignore any shares that are returned from the previous block immediately once it has stratum notified you of the new block saying job not recognised, so to me it looks like stales on slush went up, not down, despite the potential advantages. I'm not sure how btcguild fares there.

I signed on 2.8.4 like this 

http://btcguild.com:9332
username  whatever
password   whatever
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:00:46 PM

I notice that i am getting many more rejected shares now that im using 2.8.4 compared to 2.7.5. I usualy get about 10 rejected shares per 20 000 accepted shares. Now with 2.8.4 ive gotten 200
Nothing's changed in management therein, so I can only assume it's coincidence and pool related.

I immediately stopped the 2.8.4 and restarted 2.7.5 and i have no stale shares at all yet. Soemthing is definetly up
Did you move to stratum with 2.8.4?

EDIT: To explain why I ask that, cgminer + stratum gets notification of block changes much faster than ever so it should reduce the number of stales. On the other hand, I have noticed that slush uses that as an excuse to ignore any shares that are returned from the previous block immediately once it has stratum notified you of the new block saying job not recognised, so to me it looks like stales on slush went up, not down, despite the potential advantages. I'm not sure how btcguild fares there.

I signed on 2.8.4 like this 

http://btcguild.com:9332
username  whatever
password   whatever
Yes that will be switching to stratum on startup. For a more objective test, try the latest 2.8.5, run for a while with your regular login details above (that will automatically switch to stratum) and then try running 2.8.5 again but this time add --fix-protocol to your startup. I'm wondering if users are losing out due to the way pools are implementing this and being very restrictive about how and when to accept stales.

-ck
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 10:13:17 PM

Eh, I probably don't  understand what you're talking about. Can you explain it a bit? Are you reffering to error message "Job ### not found", instead of "expected" message "stale share"?

slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 10:15:52 PM

Yes that will be switching to stratum on startup. For a more objective test, try the latest 2.8.5, run for a while with your regular login details above (that will automatically switch to stratum) and then try running 2.8.5 again but this time add --fix-protocol to your startup. I'm wondering if users are losing out due to the way pools are implementing this and being very restrictive about how and when to accept stales.

There's no special restriction in accepting shares as stale. Share is rejected once another valid bitcoin block appear on the network, so currently sent solution cannot became a valid block anymore. But this is how pools works for two years already and it isn't related to Stratum protocol at all...

Edit: Some pools are "accepting stale shares", but they use it just as their marketing tools, because these shares cannot be used as block candidates. Basically accepting stale shares is robbing optimized miners and giving their reward to sub-optimized or broken miners, which may send a lot of stale shares and they're still credited for them. But AFAIK no current Stratum-powered pool is accepting stale shares...

kano
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:23:21 PM

Regarding Stratum Rejected shares:

If you have any network reliability issues you will get rejects due to that.
Reconnects always lose you shares.

Of course a difficulty change loses you shares too - which may happen soon after a reconnect.

In general I find I get about 54% of the Rejects per LP "(stale)" compared to Getwork.
That's a drop from about 0.35% to about 0.19%

These sort of Reject messages really suck also:
 [2012-10-24 00:06:07] Rejected 216df95a Diff 7/1 GPU 0 pool 2 (olddifficulty)
 [2012-10-24 00:06:08] Rejected 5af4e74e Diff 2/1 GPU 0 pool 2 (olddifficulty)

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 10:35:16 PM

Regarding Stratum Rejected shares:

Of course a difficulty change loses you shares too - which may happen soon after a reconnect.

In general I find I get about 54% of the Rejects per LP "(stale)" compared to Getwork.
That's a drop from about 0.35% to about 0.19%

These sort of Reject messages really suck also:
 [2012-10-24 00:06:07] Rejected 216df95a Diff 7/1 GPU 0 pool 2 (olddifficulty)
 [2012-10-24 00:06:08] Rejected 5af4e74e Diff 2/1 GPU 0 pool 2 (olddifficulty)

That's interesting and a good point about reconnects. Your rejects went down when you moved to stratum which is the desired effect. With getwork, you are forever grabbing new connections and are allowed to continue working on previous work. However once you have to reconnect with stratum, all your old work is now redundant. So lots of disconnects would be expensive with stratum.

-ck
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 10:36:15 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2012, 12:23:34 AM by slush

Yes, this is true. I was thinking about some solutions for resuming connections, but it is quite hard architectural issue (any reconnection can land on another backend, due to DNS balancing or HA setup on the server. This is issue even with getwork, but pools are doing some work arounds, but it has another issues (sticky http sessions leads to poorly balanced traffic, for example).

But as I understand, ckolivas referred to something else than reconnections. There's chance that I just don't understand his post.

Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: