Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805220 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:39:17 AM

Hello

I really like the new version, it is giving better hashrate a little bit on my 7970, now its ~ 685.

Sad thing is that with this new version i starting to see error about driver recovery, when using mozilla firefox with many tabs opened.

Any suggestions? Thanks
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:50:21 AM

Hello

I really like the new version, it is giving better hashrate a little bit on my 7970, now its ~ 685.

Sad thing is that with this new version i starting to see error about driver recovery, when using mozilla firefox with many tabs opened.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I think ckolivas has said many times that the latest iterations are more aggressive/efficient and hence the GPU is getting even less idling time.  This means any basic rendering it has to do even for web browsing or flash gets squeezed even more.  Either back down your clock rate while surfing or turn down intensity.
monstrs

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:55:51 AM

Hello

Any suggestions? Thanks

I think ckolivas has said many times that the latest iterations are more aggressive/efficient and hence the GPU is getting even less idling time.  This means any basic rendering it has to do even for web browsing or flash gets squeezed even more.  Either back down your clock rate while surfing or turn down intensity.

Thanks for the answer, i had suspicions about that by myself. Curently using intensity of 9. What is tipycal/best intensity for 7970 while doing something on PC (just web basicly, flash hardware acceleration is turned off) and what would be the best intensity if nothing else on computer is done?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:05:33 AM

Hello

Any suggestions? Thanks

Thanks for the answer, i had suspicions about that by myself. Curently using intensity of 9. What is tipycal/best intensity for 7970 while doing something on PC (just web basicly, flash hardware acceleration is turned off) and what would be the best intensity if nothing else on computer is done?

If I'm actually using the machine for anything (except gaming) I drop it down to 6.  Realistically my time is more important than 11 shares that could be saved in a 2 hour session.  As soon as I'm done I bump it back to 9.  If if you forget to bump it back up you only lose about 3 or 4% - that's not that important.  At I6 you should be able to watch movies at 1080P without problem (movies don't cut hash rate that much).  The only thing that really needs a lower intensity is gaming.  Even just running around in town in a game like Guild Wars 1 needs I5 or lower to be playable.  Usually I just turn off mining - was getting too many crashes.  There's no point to not enjoy your $400 video card while you still don't have cataracts lol.
monstrs

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:29:34 AM

Hello

Any suggestions? Thanks

If I'm actually using the machine for anything (except gaming) I drop it down to 6.  Realistically my time is more important than 11 shares that could be saved in a 2 hour session.  As soon as I'm done I bump it back to 9.  If if you forget to bump it back up you only lose about 3 or 4% - that's not that important.  At I6 you should be able to watch movies at 1080P without problem (movies don't cut hash rate that much).  The only thing that really needs a lower intensity is gaming.  Even just running around in town in a game like Guild Wars 1 needs I5 or lower to be playable.  Usually I just turn off mining - was getting too many crashes.  There's no point to not enjoy your $400 video card while you still don't have cataracts lol.

agreed, switching off mining at all, when gaming. Till now it was ok to leave I9 while browsing internet, or wathing movies, 2.7.4 just tikkles my card a little bit more. Still, errors are really rare, so i am not woried so much. Thanks  Wink
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 12:45:51 PM

Hello

Any suggestions? Thanks

Tried dynamic mode?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
blksith0

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 02:21:04 PM

Hey, whenever I try to write my config on CGMiner, it creates a 0 byte conf file then crashes.
Any reason why?
Krak

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 06:16:06 PM

Do you have --failover-only enabled? If so, don't, if you want shares to leak.
I don't have failover only enabled and I'm not getting any leaked shares either.

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
nitrox

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

tester

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 07:44:48 PM

windows 7 SP1 x64
driver 12.8
DSK 12.7

cgminer 2.7.4 every 5 to 6 hours crash whit this error
Code:
Faulting application name: cgminer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50364c84
Faulting module name: aticaldd.dll, version: 6.14.10.1741, time stamp: 0x501340a0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003bb48
Faulting process id: 0x9c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd82a9fc1e8960
Faulting application path: D:\mining\cgminer\cgminer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\aticaldd.dll
Report Id: 50dd7a60-eede-11e1-8a7e-001d60c3d47b
back to 2.6.6

Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 08:41:50 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2012, 10:37:21 PM by Askit2

Pool info says Stragetgy: failover.
Failover only disabled.
I wonder if the two got backwards.
I am going to try failover only and see if it helps.

Edit: With failover only When issues did come up cgminer more gracefully failed to backup pools. Yesterday when failing back even my local backup pool said it was providing work too slowly. I have tested it by using only that pool and it has always easily kept up. When failing back yesterday it seemed like pools that should and previously had been able to easily keep my one BFL single busy suddenly couldn't. I am unsure if that helps any. Restarting did help avoid the problem until another server error caused  failure. On restart suddenly all pools where alive and I was able to submit shares at a normal rate again. Since the third restart I have not had the issue arise again. Either EclipseMC didn't cut out as bad today or failover only worked far better. My average was still low with failover only, 844 instead of 848-850, but not as low. Test was overly short so it could be that the low average was just from the test being only about 12 hours.

Edit for a question addition:
What is ment by this line in the pool options dialog
0 Rejecting Alive Priority 0 pool user (I am specifically interested in the Rejecting part)?
12 sequential rejected shares.
Trying eclipsmc's difficulty 10 server maybe it will be less likely to reject out.
What would cause it to try that pool again?
Was rejecting when I went to sleep still rejecting when I got up. It is concievable that it came back alive and went rejecting again I don't know if  did.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
ummas

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:35:56 PM

Just compiled 2.7.4 on my fpga rig.
5xztex + 3xbfl works nice ATM.
Lets see the speed now Smiley
blksith0

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 03:41:23 AM

Hey, whenever I try to write my config on CGMiner, it creates a 0 byte conf file then crashes.
Any reason why?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 08:09:32 AM

Any reason why?
Nope

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
farfie

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 08:59:13 AM

Not trying to say cgminer caused this, but I had my Ubuntu machine freeze on me yesterday and that has literally never happened before... thought nothing of it at first, but now just tonight my Windows 7 machine just froze as well... that also hasn't happened, in probably a few YEARS. And they both just happen to be running 2.7.4 now.

Coincidence? Maybe..

Hard lock. Where the thing just locks at whatever it was doing and stops accepting input. Monitor continues to output video, but nothing is animated of course. Have to hold down the power button to reset. Both computers froze in the same fashion.

Again, no clue if cgminer is even capable of freezing a computer but this just seems way too coincidental to not mention.
The other thing is that they're both operating in very different environments. Both on their own electric circuit, one has an AMD card while the other nVidia, and on the Ubuntu machine cgminer is literally the only process running. I mean cgminer is the only common denominator, literally, outside of both pc's having an intel processor.
But you would think something like this would be reported already. I don't know, I'll keep an eye out.

Other than that, only other thing that's off is that when I start 2.7.4 on the 60GH machine, I get a massive log full of "pool not providing work fast enough" right at the beginning. Like 16 lines, heh. Just an aesthetic thing if anything.
Lem

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:26:27 AM

Hard lock. Where the thing just locks at whatever it was doing and stops accepting input. Monitor continues to output video, but nothing is animated of course.

It's a video card freeze.
Are your video cards overclocked or undervolted?

If it happens again, try to ssh from another box if you can.

Have to hold down the power button to reset.

Didn't you try the magic sysrq keys (in Linux, of course)?
Sync first (S), then remount ro (U), then reboot (B).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
--
Bye
Proofer

Activity: 266
Merit: 36

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 02:05:10 PM

2.7.4 has been running for 24 hours now on my Ubuntu 3x5970 rig with p2pool. Previous version was 2.6.5. With worksize 128 (previous was default) and memclock 250 (previous was 200), the hash rate is 0.9% lower. That's not a serious concern, but is there anything I should tweak to see if the previous rate is attainable?
sgravina

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 04:07:05 PM

Sorry about this question if it is already answered but this thread is very long to look through.

Version 2.7.4 gives me faster hash rates if I increase the memory clock from 150 MHz to 300 MHz.  The previous version 2.6.4 does the same at 150 or 300.  Is this a known effect?  Is there anything else I should know without just experimenting.  My cards are 5870, 5850 and 5830.  The increase is about 2.5%.  This is significant and the fastest I've ever obtained with any cgminer version.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 04:19:31 PM

Other than that, only other thing that's off is that when I start 2.7.4 on the 60GH machine, I get a massive log full of "pool not providing work fast enough" right at the beginning. Like 16 lines, heh. Just an aesthetic thing if anything.

I get this, 20 or so at a time, from time to time on 2.7.4. 
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 06:03:56 PM

FWIW, my 5850 (stock settings, SDK 2.1) has a 5 MH/s performance loss with the new kernels.

farfie

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 07:03:58 PM

Hard lock. Where the thing just locks at whatever it was doing and stops accepting input. Monitor continues to output video, but nothing is animated of course.

It's a video card freeze.
Are your video cards overclocked or undervolted?

If it happens again, try to ssh from another box if you can.

Have to hold down the power button to reset.

Didn't you try the magic sysrq keys (in Linux, of course)?
Sync first (S), then remount ro (U), then reboot (B).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
--
Bye

I guess your post does reveal my vagueness.

First off I don't GPU mine, and while I definitely expect Linux's GPU drivers to be flaky, I've never had a problem on my Windows machine... ever. And even with knowing that Linux has crap for GPU drivers, I've never had a problem on that machine before either. But then both freeze soon after 2.7.4?

Either way, both cards are on stock settings and are not being used to mine either. I have only BFL devices. Again, not trying to point fingers but it does seem pretty coincidental.

About your magic keys, no I didn't do that. I know nothing about Linux, and maybe a little more about coding. Took C, C++, Java, VB back in college, never went anywhere with it. But I do know that code gets extremely complex, and when you have someone (like ck here) that loves to hack at his code, I try to bring any possibility of problem along in here because it's a rare opportunity to have such a close, ongoing communication between the main developer of -any- widely used software. This is because that even if your problem doesn't bring any bug kill to fruition, you never quite know how you're poking his brain with your words Smiley

..not that I don't think you know all of this. But some here might find this useful.
I will wait for both machines to freeze in a similar manner, and if it happens go back to 2.6.6 and wait for another freeze.
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: