Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:12:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 [757] 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805211 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:41:36 AM

Well it only gets detected as a serial USB device, you say an older version supported serial? do you know which built it was since perharps i will give that build ago.

End of day i got a miner sitting here doing nothing complete waste of money guy i got it from not responding and the TP-link flash bricks the router. So another £35 wasted on that piece of crap.
No sorry I was mixed up myself  Embarrassed. The avalon2 driver was written and is maintained and supported by Xiangfu and I don't really know much about it. Hopefully he can help you here if he sees your message.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:45:49 AM

New release: Version 4.4.1, 21st June 2014

Catching a flight in a few hours but couldn't stand the thought I might be able to fix some bugs, so this is an attempt to rectify a couple of known issues.

Human readable changelog:

- Failover stopped working on some recent releases when a pool was down for an extended period it would never fail back even though the pool was alive. This is an attempt to rectify that code.
- An attempt to rectify the problem with Antminer U* devices not working for some people.
- Finally stop calling the Icarus devices FPGA via the API - I'm quite sure no one is still running an actual Icarus FPGA any more, they're all just ASICs that used the original Icarus protocol (I wish they didn't since the protocol was designed for much slower devices).

Full changelog:

- Move icarus driver to being seen as an asic
- Clear usb reads on each pass through icarus detect to hopefully prevent false
positives for detecting rboxes
- Clean up pool failure and failover code for stratum

-ck
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:49:42 AM

- An attempt to rectify the problem with Antminer U* devices not working for some people.

Solved it for me.  Great work as usual, thanks.  Enjoy your trip.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
canford

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 04:19:30 AM

Also seems to work for my Antminer U2s on Win 7/32.  Nice work and fast!  Safe travels.

Пoльзyйтecь бecплaтнo и пишитe чтo вaм нyжнo yлyчшить:trd.ai
Bидeo, кaк пoльзoвaтьcя пpoeктoм:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNhx715vOOk&feature=youtu.be
lestak

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:22:46 AM

Hi
Can anyone help me here:

a1 28nm module

Cgminer:

Utility showing half the speed of all the rest of the other modules.

Running at about 20-30% hardware error

Was missing a capacitor. I have soldered one back on.

What should I be looking for? Would this maybe be poor quality of capacitor?

Or should I be looking at something else completely? What does the utility show/measure between?

Thanks in advance
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 2496

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:04:59 PM

Catching a flight in a few hours but couldn't stand the thought I might be able to fix some bugs, so this is an attempt to rectify a couple of known issues.

Human readable changelog:

- Failover stopped working on some recent releases when a pool was down for an extended period it would never fail back even though the pool was alive. This is an attempt to rectify that code.
- Finally stop calling the Icarus devices FPGA via the API - I'm quite sure no one is still running an actual Icarus FPGA any more, they're all just ASICs that used the original Icarus protocol (I wish they didn't since the protocol was designed for much slower devices).

Full changelog:

- Move icarus driver to being seen as an asic
- Clear usb reads on each pass through icarus detect to hopefully prevent false
positives for detecting rboxes
- Clean up pool failure and failover code for stratum

Thanks for the Fix, but my problem https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg7420495#msg7420495 is still present!

I have start the cgminer in "debug" modus where can i find the debug file?

regards

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:20:56 PM

Having an error since Version 4.4.0 at saving the config:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67023860/Screenshot%202014-06-22%2014.18.50.png

Config file is created, but empty!

Windows 7 64bit

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Dizzee

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:45:24 PM

Hi,
Apparently Avalon3 is supposed to be accessible using Avalon2
I however get the following
Avalon2 Detect: Failed to open /dev/ttyUSB0

this error is the same as if the miner is not connected however the miner is connected to a hub at that address (everything is connected to USB0)
basil3legs

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:42:36 PM

Hi, I've read through a good chunk of this thread and wanted some guidance or at least to clarify some things.

I am running S1s and S2s and have only recently come across this thread.  I have had a little look at the CGMiner source code, most of which is beyond me at the moment but I haven't delved that deeply yet.

First question, there is mention that Bitmain's S1 (and S2) drivers have a few flaws and kano recommends using his (for the S1 so far anyway).  If I load kano's latest version of CGMiner onto my S1s is that issue addressed and can be forgotten about?

Secondly I would really like to compile a version of CGMiner from the source and load it onto one of my S1s, even if it is just a copy of an existing version.  Can this be compiled on anything (e.g. Windoze 7) or does it need to be compiled on Ubuntu to then run on the S1?  Once I have a machine that is set up to compile CGMiner successfully so it can be loaded onto an S1, I want to delve deeper into the workings of CGMiner (not that there will probably much benefit to that, it is more out of interest).  I have MinGW etc. on my system and there appear to be a couple of issues building CGMiner on it but haven't really looked into that yet as there is little point if I can't then run it on the S1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
norgan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 11:49:12 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 03:58:48 AM by norgan

Hi, I've read through a good chunk of this thread and wanted some guidance or at least to clarify some things.

I am running S1s and S2s and have only recently come across this thread.  I have had a little look at the CGMiner source code, most of which is beyond me at the moment but I haven't delved that deeply yet.

First question, there is mention that Bitmain's S1 (and S2) drivers have a few flaws and kano recommends using his (for the S1 so far anyway).  If I load kano's latest version of CGMiner onto my S1s is that issue addressed and can be forgotten about?

Secondly I would really like to compile a version of CGMiner from the source and load it onto one of my S1s, even if it is just a copy of an existing version.  Can this be compiled on anything (e.g. Windoze 7) or does it need to be compiled on Ubuntu to then run on the S1?  Once I have a machine that is set up to compile CGMiner successfully so it can be loaded onto an S1, I want to delve deeper into the workings of CGMiner (not that there will probably much benefit to that, it is more out of interest).  I have MinGW etc. on my system and there appear to be a couple of issues building CGMiner on it but haven't really looked into that yet as there is little point if I can't then run it on the S1.

as I understand it Kano's patch makes more of a difference in regards to p2pool mining and you need to build it (cgminer, not necessarily kano's driver as it's prebuilt for the S1) on the same flavour of Linux. in this case openwrt and there are guides if you just search build cgminer on openwrt

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
basil3legs

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:37:22 AM

as I understand it Kano's patch makes more of a difference in regards to p2pool mining and you need to build it on the same flavour of Linux. in this case openwrt and there are guides if you just search build cgminer on openwrt
Thanks norgan.  That's what I understood with the driver.  Didn't know it had to be openwrt so I shall have a search for that as there are loads of guides about for other operating systems but needed to know if they were any good to me.
norgan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:59:04 AM

no probs. good luck.

Miner, tech geek, operator of NorgzPool - Sydney Australia P2Pool Node creator of p2pool fancy front end

Tips: 1NorganBbymShTN2MMpfGzRYJF8mcPeXjv Exchange BTC locally in Australia or Donate to p2pool miners
canford

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 04:38:05 AM

as I understand it Kano's patch makes more of a difference in regards to p2pool mining and you need to build it on the same flavour of Linux. in this case openwrt and there are guides if you just search build cgminer on openwrt
Thanks norgan.  That's what I understood with the driver.  Didn't know it had to be openwrt so I shall have a search for that as there are loads of guides about for other operating systems but needed to know if they were any good to me.

If all you care about is the end result, you can just install kano's binary: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS1.  Runnning this on six S1s and it is rock solid.

Пoльзyйтecь бecплaтнo и пишитe чтo вaм нyжнo yлyчшить:trd.ai
Bидeo, кaк пoльзoвaтьcя пpoeктoм:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNhx715vOOk&feature=youtu.be
basil3legs

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:10:26 AM

Thanks norgan.  That's what I understood with the driver.  Didn't know it had to be openwrt so I shall have a search for that as there are loads of guides about for other operating systems but needed to know if they were any good to me.

If all you care about is the end result, you can just install kano's binary: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/AntS1.  Runnning this on six S1s and it is rock solid.
I already have it running on one of my S1s and will probably update the rest in the next day or so.

I want to know how to build cgminer for myself though.  Partly out of interest and partly as I want to have a mess around with the code - if I mess up then I can always reload kano's version or hit the reset button  Smiley

I now have OpenWrt up and running in VirtualBox but have ground to a halt and can't find any helpful instructions  Huh  I didn't realise how much of the S1 interface was literally just OpenWrt so it looks very familiar!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:39:03 AM

Say I wanted to make sure I don't contribute to malicious pool activity, namely an attempt of the pool operator to withhold blocks for whatever reason, and I do so by verifying that once I found a block, the block is indeed broadcasted by the operator within a short timeframe, or otherwise, if this is not the case, I switch to another pool. It's easy to use a local or an external node to watch for the appeance of new blocks, but I was wondering what would be the best way to get the information about new blocks out of CGMiner? I could redirect the debug output and identify "found block" statements and then use the RPC-API to switch pools, but is this the best way?
You'd read API-README that tells you all the info you can get out of the API ...
Including the block count ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:56:29 AM

I now have OpenWrt up and running in VirtualBox but have ground to a halt and can't find any helpful instructions  Huh  I didn't realise how much of the S1 interface was literally just OpenWrt so it looks very familiar!
One of my replies to people who have asked in PM:
Cross compile.
Same process as avalon.
See their details for how to do it ... or OpenWRT that document how to cross compile also.
I've not documented it and I wont be - too much effort and there are those 2 sources already.

The cgminer feed that I change each time:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-openwrt-packages

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
basil3legs

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:10:02 AM

One of my replies to people who have asked in PM:
Cross compile.
Same process as avalon.
See their details for how to do it ... or OpenWRT that document how to cross compile also.
I've not documented it and I wont be - too much effort and there are those 2 sources already.

The cgminer feed that I change each time:
https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-openwrt-packages
Thanks, I'll search along those line.
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:32:50 PM

Are there on the latest version some fixes for the KNCMINER Jupiter or neptune?

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 07:10:45 AM

Are there on the latest version some fixes for the KNCMINER Jupiter or neptune?
No, while I made an initial driver for cgminer based on the knc driver itself with some minor changes from me and included it in cgminer, the knc driver maintainers have since deviated from the original code I included and made no attempt to push their code back to mainline cgminer, so what is in mainline cgminer is now an ageing version of their earlier driver and not whatever is now part of their firmware.

-ck
basil3legs

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:51:35 AM

Ok, back to trying to build cgminer for the Antminer S1.

Thanks to some pointers from kano and norgan and in between watching way too much football I have made some progress but am still a little stuck.

I figured the best bet would be to try to get the Avalon instructions to work and once successful there adapt it for the S1 but that isn't being too successful!

I am basing this on the instructions here : https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=45693 changing cp package/cgminer/data/config .config to copy config.avalon.703n to .config (I have tried a couple of the others as well)

The error I am getting is "checking for LIBCURL... no" and the build stops with an error.  Having searched and searched the internet, not helped by the openwrt wiki being down, I have not got around that error.  However, in the cgminer readme it mentions curl is optional so does the Avalon (and susequently the Antminer S1) need curl, and if not how would I disable it.  If it does, how the heck do I get the make to find it?  I believe libcurl needs to be in the openwrt buildroot rather than associated with Ubuntu - but please correct me if this is wrong.  This error probably isn't really anything to do with cgminer but I figured someone on here may know the solution.

Also, when building I get the OpenWrt Configuration screen come up.  Does anything need changing in there?  Again I could find no help searching the internet.

Once I crack this, it should be straight forward to get this to work for the S1 as I already have the Makefile for that although the config files with it are still named after the Avalon but the actual code appears to have been changed for the S1 but there are a couple of choices still.

So, any further pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure when I will be online today as our electricity meter is being changed so I can move to a cheaper supplier!

Pages: « 1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 [757] 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: