Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:51:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 [720] 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805213 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:52:08 AM

Con / Kano:

What is the situation with Cointerra?  Did they provide test hardware / arrange for driver development in cgminer?  

I'm eager to get these machines consolidated on one instance of cgminer running on decent hardware rather than a bunch of beaglebone controllers.
Cointerra developed the communication protocol entirely based on my discussions with them and the driver for cgminer I wrote completely. Once hardware is in regular customers' hands I will push the driver to the master cgminer code. They are straight forward USB devices that are connected to a beaglebone black for standalone operation but you can unplug the beaglebone and plug a regular PC into their USB. I personally do not have any hardware yet, as I have only worked on them remotely.

There are in customer hands at this point.  It looks like there is some work needed on stability at least.

Let me know if you need access to multiple systems for testing.
Cointerra driver now merged into the cgminer master code. Numerous generic fixes from cgminer itself likely are in the cgminer master code based on cgminer 3.12.3 that are not in the standalone software released with the hardware in the beaglebone black. Without actual hardware it is distinctly possible there are bugs I have been unable to reproduce and debug so far, so if you wish to give me access to hardware to mine with it to test the software, please pm me.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimjam1210

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:38:34 AM

could anyone  send me a config to mine any script coin

Invalid config option --scrypt: Invalid value this is the error here is the config where am i going wrong
 {
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://euro1.coinhuntr.com:3333",
      "user" : "jimjam1210.jimjam",
      "pass" : ""
   }
]
"intensity" : "d",
"vectors" : "2",
"worksize" : "128",
"kernel" : "poclbm",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0",
"shaders" : "0",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : "true",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/Users/kcupit/Desktop/cgminer/x86_64/cgminer/bin"
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:46:01 AM

Please take this elsewhere.
cgminer has no GPU or alt-coin code in it.
Only old unsupported versions do.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ShiNoDaX

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:11:27 PM

i have asic blade 10.7 GHS i want mining in site www.cex.io -what do I do ?
how config menu (ASICMiner Blade Setup)
http://www3.0zz0.com/2014/02/12/13/555823398.jpg
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:47:01 PM

i have asic blade 10.7 GHS i want mining in site www.cex.io -what do I do ?
how config menu (ASICMiner Blade Setup)
find a correct thread to post in - this has nothing whatever to do with cgminer

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
jimjam1210

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:37:18 PM

Please take this elsewhere.
cgminer has no GPU or alt-coin code in it.
Only old unsupported versions do.
dude when the post was made it said mac osx / linux / pc

it might be an older version but thread still relevant who can help me with config ?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:34:31 AM

dude when the post was made it said mac osx / linux / pc

it might be an older version but thread still relevant who can help me with config ?
Post your thread here, and you will probably get a response: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:08:57 AM

The latest Antminer S1 firmware uses CGMiner 3.12.0

Everything in general is running fine, but the API is spitting out something interesting/troubling.

When I hit the API with the command "pools" I get this for the Last Share Time:
Code:
"Last Share Time": "0:00:01", 

For the API command "devs", I get this for Last Share Time:
Code:
"Last Share Time": 1392294615,

My miner-dashboard expects the output for Last Share Time like it is in devs not like how it is in pools.
Unfortunately it relies on the pools command to display all the pools I have configured including the last share submitted.

This is what it looks like:

Older versions of CGMiner (like this old 3.2.1 for GPU Scrypt mining... I know I know...) works fine and looks like this:

So... bug? Something inherent in Antminer's S1 Implementation (which btw has the correct time/date via NTP in the Web Interface and when I SSH in and get the date)?

Shaneig

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:17:10 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm using cgminer 3.7.2 right now and found out that there are a number of new releases since I set it up Smiley

I have a noob question:

My problem is that I have no idea how to upgrade it. I have the gpu_mine.bat file on my desktop and I left that one but replaced the whole miner map with the 3.12.3... without success, cgminer closes seconds after it started. How can I make this work or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Smiley

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:39:11 AM

I'm using cgminer 3.7.2 right now and found out that there are a number of new releases since I set it up Smiley

I have the gpu_mine.bat file on my desktop and I left that one but replaced the whole miner map with the 3.12.3... without success, cgminer closes seconds after it started. How can I make this work or what am I doing wrong?

CGMiner supports only ASIC's and Bitcoin going forward.  No GPU support since 3.7.2.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
muto

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:03:21 AM

Hi,

I have soldered Ants @ 1,088V. Did have some problems with bfgminer and because of that tested the new release of cgminer.

I tested every single Antminer with my Notebook Win7 and CGminer 3.12.3.

One Stick threw HW error during startup. But ran fine then. I got 2,8 Ghash out of every Stick. About one third did 3Ghash without problems (no HW error). So my new goal is getting all together @ 2,8 Ghash.

Tried CGminer 3.12.3 (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.12.3.tar.bz2) on my Pi with the 49 Port hub. It told me not supporting the "--anu-freq 350" parameter. Is this not supported for the pi/linux?

Then  I tried the 49- Port Hub (pluged in all 16 Ants) with my Windows notebook. Only got lots of errors, saying it could not detect and "wrong device?"

Then I tried a single Ant at the 49 port hub. Worked without probems. Pluged in the second Ant - worked fine. Pluged in the third Ant and cgminer could not detect it and did not detect any further Ant. Tried that several times but never got more then 4 Ants working. I noticed that the LED (which is normally flashing when the Ant is hashing) is on (not flashing) for a few seconds on those Ants which did not get detected.

Looks for me like CGminer has sometime problems during initalization and is then not able to detect further Ants. Does that make sense?

I am crosposting that over at the Antminer Tips and Tricks thread.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:11:18 AM

Hi,

I have soldered Ants @ 1,088V. Did have some problems with bfgminer and because of that tested the new release of cgminer.

I tested every single Antminer with my Notebook Win7 and CGminer 3.12.3.

One Stick threw HW error during startup. But ran fine then. I got 2,8 Ghash out of every Stick. About one third did 3Ghash without problems (no HW error). So my new goal is getting all together @ 2,8 Ghash.

Tried CGminer 3.12.3 (http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/cgminer-3.12.3.tar.bz2) on my Pi with the 49 Port hub. It told me not supporting the "--anu-freq 350" parameter. Is this not supported for the pi/linux?

Then  I tried the 49- Port Hub (pluged in all 16 Ants) with my Windows notebook. Only got lots of errors, saying it could not detect and "wrong device?"

Then I tried a single Ant at the 49 port hub. Worked without probems. Pluged in the second Ant - worked fine. Pluged in the third Ant and cgminer could not detect it and did not detect any further Ant. Tried that several times but never got more then 4 Ants working. I noticed that the LED (which is normally flashing when the Ant is hashing) is on (not flashing) for a few seconds on those Ants which did not get detected.

Looks for me like CGminer has sometime problems during initalization and is then not able to detect further Ants. Does that make sense?

I am crosposting that over at the Antminer Tips and Tricks thread.

Not sure why it wouldn't support 350, it should support all values from 150 to 500 in increments of 25. Note that there have been a number of improvements post 3.12.3 and you may wish to try the latest git to get the benefit of it since some affect these devices, or wait till the new release is out which is likely in the  next week.

-ck
muto

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:19:48 AM

Thanks for the quick answer. I got this message with any frequenzy, not only with 350. I am a total Linux noob. Is there a short description somewhere on how to compile actual cgminer from git?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:50:32 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 09:20:50 AM by kano

Everything in general is running fine, but the API is spitting out something interesting/troubling.

Code:

Code:

My miner-dashboard expects the output for Last Share Time like it is in devs not like how it is in pools.
Unfortunately it relies on the pools command to display all the pools I have configured including the last share submitted.

So... bug? Something inherent in Antminer's S1 Implementation (which btw has the correct time/date via NTP in the Web Interface and when I SSH in and get the date)?
They feel the need to change the API.
They are morons.

It is not changed in master cgminer.

I have made sure that the cgminer API is backward compatible since I first wrote it.
The only things changed have been to remove CPU and GPU information (since they don't exist in cgminer)

Unfortunately, the idiots who make the Antminer, break this compatibility by changing names and values in the API in their clone of cgminer.
You will also find that they changed the name of the fields and values that report the hash rate in the summary.
So basically what it means is that either everyone who has ever written a program or script to access the API must modify their code to support these random needless changes, or tell them to stop fucking with the API and making it no longer compatible.

Edit: they were probably stupid enough to also not notice that STATUS->When is the time of the results - so the difference between 'When' and 'Last Share Time' will tell you how long ago it is if you want to display it differently ......... (as I already do in miner.php for 'Last Valid Work')

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
muto

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:52:45 AM

Thanks for the quick answer. I got this message with any frequenzy, not only with 350. I am a total Linux noob. Is there a short description somewhere on how to compile actual cgminer from git?

git pull
./configure
make
make install

Thanks for your answer. I am currently not at home, so I cannot test it. But how whould the command know, that it should pull cgminer from github? Do I have to drop this commands in an existing cgminer folder? What commands do I have to use on a blank system?
muto

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:27:28 AM

I'm 100% sure cgminer has compilation instructions included in the documentation, I suggest you read them.

Thanks, I will do so and then report back
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:16:44 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 12:27:55 PM by jedimstr

Code:

Code:

They feel the need to change the API.
They are morons.

It is not changed in master cgminer.

I have made sure that the cgminer API is backward compatible since I first wrote it.
The only things changed have been to remove CPU and GPU information (since they don't exist in cgminer)

Unfortunately, the idiots who make the Antminer, break this compatibility by changing names and values in the API in their clone of cgminer.
You will also find that they changed the name of the fields and values that report the hash rate in the summary.
So basically what it means is that either everyone who has ever written a program or script to access the API must modify their code to support these random needless changes, or tell them to stop fucking with the API and making it no longer compatible.

Edit: they were probably stupid enough to also not notice that STATUS->When is the time of the results - so the difference between 'When' and 'Last Share Time' will tell you how long ago it is if you want to display it differently ......... (as I already do in miner.php for 'Last Valid Work')

Well that sucks monkey balls.  Thanks Kano!

I'll relay the info to the dev of the miner-dashboard I use.  Hopefully he can support the customizations...

muto

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:39:21 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 08:59:47 PM by muto

I'm 100% sure cgminer has compilation instructions included in the documentation, I suggest you read them.

Thanks, I will do so and then report back

Well, I gave my best Wink

Managed to clone actual cgminer repo from github.

Could not find the option to enable bitmain drivers in the readme on github. Tried icarus since in the old versions bitmain was based on icaraus (if i remember correctly)

./autogensh  --enable-icarus

The compilation worked, but it was not able to detect my ants. I guess it was the wrong driver.

Then I googled around and found the following parameters:

./autogensh  --enable-bmsc --enable-bitmain

Those seem not to be valid (they are also not in the readme but I gave it a try)

Could anyone provide me the correct parameter?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Got it!  https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README

Found out that, icarus was the correct option. It did not work since I had to use sudo to start cgminer.

Edit2:

CGminer detects only 11 of my 16 Ants. And those rund with very low hashes and high error rate. I know this ran only for a few seconds, when I took the screenshot. But it did not change so far. Frequency was 200, but got the same results with higher frequencys
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:13:00 PM

How can I use cgminer to log the overall hashrate value into a file every 5 seconds or do?

Thanks...

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:24:27 AM

Well, I gave my best Wink

Managed to clone actual cgminer repo from github.

Could not find the option to enable bitmain drivers in the readme on github. Tried icarus since in the old versions bitmain was based on icaraus (if i remember correctly)

./autogensh  --enable-icarus

The compilation worked, but it was not able to detect my ants. I guess it was the wrong driver.

Then I googled around and found the following parameters:

./autogensh  --enable-bmsc --enable-bitmain

Those seem not to be valid (they are also not in the readme but I gave it a try)

Could anyone provide me the correct parameter?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Got it!  https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README

Found out that, icarus was the correct option. It did not work since I had to use sudo to start cgminer.

Edit2:

CGminer detects only 11 of my 16 Ants. And those rund with very low hashes and high error rate. I know this ran only for a few seconds, when I took the screenshot. But it did not change so far. Frequency was 200, but got the same results with higher frequencys
If you needed sudo then you have not set up permissions properly (copying 01 udev file). It looks like it sees them all in fact since it says 16 recognised devices.  However it's clearly failing to initialise them for whatever reason and the ones remaining are performing lousy. I have no idea why...

-ck
Pages: « 1 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 [720] 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: