New release: Version 4.8.0, 25th November 2014
New driver and driver updates so a stable update despite the version bump.Human readable changelog:
- Fix for autogen.sh on OSX not liking -f option with readlink.
- Added an --enable-forcecombo option to allow building of driver combinations with drivers that are normally built standalone.
- Avalon2 updates to try to detect failing devices and reset them if possible.
- Avalon2 will no longer loop forever on a failed usb write.
- Displays for devices with a number in their name will no longer be confused by having a space before their id (eg: AV2 1 instead of AV21)
- Fixes for understanding share errors from pools that have a non-standard stratum response (i.e. Ghash) which would otherwise have obscured rejects that were occuring for duplicates, etc.
- Device driver for Antminer U3s:
-- These require the --enable-icarus option when building a binary and appear as "AU3"
-- Unlike the bitmain driver, these need no options to work, having sane defaults and accepting the extra options for changing frequency and voltage with the following new options:
--au3-freq <arg> Set AntminerU3 frequency in MHz, range 100-250 (default: 225.0)
--au3-volt <arg> Set AntminerU3 voltage in mv, range 725-850, 0 to not set (default: 750)
NOTE: These have a tendency of dying if you leave them running at high voltages either at the PSU and/or the device so NOT recommended!
- The display will show the voltage and frequency configured for antminer U3 and the frequency for U1/2.
- Numerous improvements to tell apart Icarus devices more reliably (AMU, ANU, AU3, LIN, LIR).
- Fix for unprefixed IPv6 entries in the api allow command.
- Fix for misspelt temperature in spondoolies driver.
- Rockminer driver updates for better support of New R-Box and RK Box:
-- Filter out the bulk of the duplicate shares. This will make the hashrate appear lower, but no pool would have been honouring them as valid shares anyway.
-- Substantially lower hardware errors.
-- Lower CPU usage.
-- Slightly higher effective hashrate.Full changelog:
- Allow forcing of building driver combinations with --enable-forcecombo
- Put spaces between name and id in avalon2 and icarus
- Relax detection of a failing ava2 to more than 1 minute and perform the test
after polling for results
- Cap maximum diff on ava2 in order to still get shares
- Put space between device name and id to prevent device names with numbers in
them confusing the display
- USB write errors are always fatal so they should be treated as such on ava2
- Issue a usb reset for ava2 that is not returning valid shares and then drop it
if it persists for over a minute
- Process share results without a result value
- Damp out hashrate displayed for antminer USBs
- Add voltage and speed where relevant to antminer USBs
- Don't estimate time on any antminer usb during a timeout
- Return icarus nonce ok only when the nonce size matches the device or more
- Don't discard old workids until we cycle back to them on antusb and look for
more nonces in the buffer
- Adjust ant usb timing for queued work
- Use a cyclical list for the ant queued work
- Mask and limit workid for antusb and dont clear buffer
- Check the nonce on the worked item, not the submitted work
- Skip over unfinished work that we can't free in ant usb
- Use a workid and array if possible for the small ant usb work queue
- Create an array for antworks for antminer usb devices
- On U3 calculate hashrate purely on shares, not timeouts
- Add switches for AU3
- Adjust icarus wait timeout according to device
- Differentiate U3 from U1/2 as a separate driver with different parameters and
adjust timing accordingly
- Skip ANUs detected in rock detect
- Try U3 after trying other icarus options
- Add rudimentary ANU voltage setting support for U3
- Fix ignoring unprefixed v6 address in api allow list
- Fix minor typos in Spondoolies SP10 and SP30 drivers
- Implement a basic rock_flush function to discard the base work we are rolling
- Task_no for rockminer from the nonce bin should simply be masked
- Change rbox default correction times to 5 in a revised frequency order
- Change default frequency on T1 to 330
- Reinstate last received check and resend in rockminer, being more lenient at 2
seconds to allow for dither errors at 1
- Roll work for the rbox when possible