New version: 4.5.0, 29th July 2014
Mainly new and updated drivers.Human readable changelog:
- Driver for new device Hashratio, uses direct USB as per all other devices to work generically on any PC platform.
- Completely rewritten driver for avalon2/3 to use direct USB for generic PC usage, with automatic default voltage and frequency settings if not specified, on screen information, and much smarter fan control.
- Merged KnC updates for Neptune support.
- Changed the cointerra driver to not fail on old firmware with checksum errors, allowing people with these devices to easily generically plug them into their PCs.
- Put lots more documentation into READMEs.
- Fixed the windows packages to have windows style end of lines again and be readable in notepad.Full changelog:
- Fix windows build for hashratio and ava2
- Demote bad checksum message in cointerra driver but allow message to still be
parsed since it won't allow existing firmwares to work otherwise
- Reorder and document the configure options
- Merge https://github.com/KnCMiner/cgminer
- Change default voltage on ava2 to 0.666V because Satan
- Enable combined building of avalon2 and hashratio
- Fix stratum embedded fpgas to not duplicate work with other devices
- Implement smarter PID type fan control for ava2 allowing more generous
temperatures and far lower fan speeds for optimal power and noise usage. Adjust
default frequency to 450 as per recommendation.
- Fix various warnings in ava2
- Go back to polling design since async will not work for ava2 and fix various
read design errors
- Fix error in 2nd read functions for av2 and hro
- Correct init and read sequence for ava2, and convert from a polling mechanism
to a separate read thread
- Initial commit of ava2 conversion to direct USB
- Display frequency and voltage with ava2 on the statline
- Store fan percentage and display temp and fan percent for ava2
- Set avalon2 frequency and voltage to appropriate defaults if none are
specified on the command line
- Demote some ava2 messages that don't need to be errors and remove unused works
- Fix broken fan logic for ava2
- Fix hexdump on 64bit
- rockminer frequency is between 200 and 400 MHz
- fix jansson include path in cgminer-api compile instructions
- Remove requirement for ifndefs for avalon2 from the generic driver work
- Fix hashratio device name
- Make submit_nonce2_nonce return whether the share was valid or not
- Reinstate missing necessary init sequence for hashratio
- Handle disconnected hashratio devices
- Add hashratio frequency command line
- Fix stratum updates not being passed to hashratio devices and clean up
- Move to updated avalon2 type driver model for hashratio device
- Initial import and conversion of hashratio driver to direct USB
- Increase the internal buffer for API response, as "stats" command response
can grow greater than 8K
- Detach test pool thread only if we have a blocking startup