New version: 3.8.5 - 10th December 2013
I had to release a new stable version just before moving house as I may be busy and not have great internet access for a bit. Apologies for I've upgraded my desktop to Ubuntu 13.10 a little earlier than usual so the ubuntu x86_64 binaries are for that version now (though they will probably still work with 13.04).Human readable changelog:
- BFL SC devices will now throttle 3 degrees below cutoff (82 degrees) and cut off work at the lower 85 degrees, restarting when they get below 80. If you wish to aim for a higher maximum, use the --temp-cutoff feature (90 was the old maximum). If you set it to zero it will disable this behaviour. (I'm preparing for our summer here
- BFL SC devices will be less aggressive with their fan control now, allowing temps to drift up a little more before going to maximum speed.
- Fixes for builds with --with-system-libusb enabled not working with older libusbs. (Note that using this option is not recommended unless you can't install udev anyway).
- Fixes for warnings with ./autogen.sh
- Code cleanups of unused GPU code
- Cgminer will now try to issue a USB reset on devices that have failed to hopefully get them back up and running again.
- Dramatically improved communications for USB1.1 devices on hubs that don't have multiple transaction translators or have none (like USB3 hubs). The USB1.1 devices currently affected are Asicminer Block Erupters and Red/Blue fury USB sticks.
- Fixes for leaving too many open files problem with repeatedly hotplugging devices on low resource systems (eg RPi).
- Fix a potential API crash.
- The build will be much quieter around the jansson part now.
- More hashfast driver additions (no, the real hardware still doesn't exist).Full changelog:
- Increase the BFLSC overtemp to 75 for fanspeed to maximum.
- Set bflsc cutoff temperature to 85 degrees and throttle 3 degrees below the
- Only set LIBUSB_TRANSFER_ADD_ZERO_PACKET for libusb versions we know include
- Provide a helper function that can reset cgsems to zero.
- Add to cgminer_CPPFLAGS instead of redefining them.
- Attempt a libusb reset device on usb devices that have stopped responding.
- Replace deprecated use of INCLUDES with _CPPFLAGS.
- Remove more unused GPU code.
- Attempt USB device resets on usb read/write errors that will normally cause
the device to drop out.
- Quieten down jansson component of build.
- Cache the bool value for usb1.1 in _usb_write
- Initialise usb locks within usbutils.c instead of exporting them.
- Imitate a transaction translator for all usb1.1 device writes to compensate
for variable quality hubs and operating system support.
- Rationalise variables passed to usb_bulk_transfer.
- Unlink files opened as semaphores on releasing them.
- Remove user configuration flag from pll bypass enabling in hashfast driver.
- Provide an hfa-dfu-boot option for resetting hashfast devices for
- Fixed one byte stack overflow in mcast recvfrom.
- Having changed C_MAX means we don't calloc enough for usb stats, off by one.
- Don't free the info struct on hashfast shutdown since it's still accessed
after a device is removed.