Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:17:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 [712] 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805206 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:59:27 AM

Any instructions on how to get Dualminer to work under Linux? I'm only interested in doing Scrypt with it.
Slightly off-topic here, but you could get BFGMiner support if they send nwoolls a sample one.

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elchorizo

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:12:42 AM

Any instructions on how to get Dualminer to work under Linux? I'm only interested in doing Scrypt with it.
Slightly off-topic here, but you could get BFGMiner support if they send nwoolls a sample one.

Dude, you are pathetic. Get out of the cgminer thread and promote your stolen software elsewhere.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:05:21 AM

Dude, you are pathetic. Get out of the cgminer thread and promote your stolen software elsewhere.
You have it backward.

Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:40:34 AM

Hey regardless what end result program I use  I'm asking if in a future update this program can have the ability to have load balance as a percent and not as shares. I'm just thinking I may be hindering my mining abilities more by trying to calculate on my own how many shares I should allocate to a specific coin.

Thanks
If you want a % its really easy. Say you want a 45% and 55% split. Just use either 9 and 11 or 45 and 55.... 9 and 11 is just least common multiple I could see quickly. Any % is easy to do. Just use the whole numbers or if you want a decimal I suppose you could use 3 digits but there may be a lot of time between shares going to a different pool.

This statement is mine and was not suggested by any developer. Still it should work beautifully.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:45:39 AM

Hey regardless what end result program I use  I'm asking if in a future update this program can have the ability to have load balance as a percent and not as shares. I'm just thinking I may be hindering my mining abilities more by trying to calculate on my own how many shares I should allocate to a specific coin.

Thanks
Did you check quotas on load-balance ?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Askit2

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:27:31 AM

You have it backward.

So you're saying kano and ckolivas stole software from you?

Naw what he is saying is that he as part of a group made some code contributions. Some code was his some was other peoples. The result was cgminer running fpgas.  He Seems sure that as a good team player its now all his......

Ignoring several code rewrites including direct usb rather then serial etc. Anyways he feels entitled too all the glory for the whole project.

Seriously though he's going to gloat about a feature I have personally used for more then a year on cgminer being on his fork at the next release. Wow talk about being ahead of the pack. Or was it behind the times......

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:33:38 AM

You have it backward.
Legally speaking, they haven't stripped my copyrights and are abiding by the terms I licensed my code under.
Practically speaking, they seem to be doing what they can to convince newbies that cgminer is the "original" and BFGMiner a "clone", when in reality I originally wrote the code basis for FPGA/ASIC mining*.
On the other hand, I make it very clear in BFGMiner's documentation who has contributed, and to what degree.

* cgminer has since moved on to rewrite most of this code, but the reality remains that it was second to the game, after BFGMiner.

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:36:33 AM

By the way, there are still relics from Scrypt/GPU support here, you may want to update Wink
Askit2

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:12:28 AM

You have it backward.
Legally speaking, they haven't stripped my copyrights and are abiding by the terms I licensed my code under.
Practically speaking, they seem to be doing what they can to convince newbies that cgminer is the "original" and BFGMiner a "clone", when in reality I originally wrote the code basis for FPGA/ASIC mining*.
On the other hand, I make it very clear in BFGMiner's documentation who has contributed, and to what degree.

* cgminer has since moved on to rewrite most of this code, but the reality remains that it was second to the game, after BFGMiner.

You remind me of a real doctor I know of. A patient comes in with a skyrocketing white count, very low (hospitalization required) platelet count, coughing up blood, dizzy, and a few other issues it seems better not to post. All of the symptoms pointed to a certain C word. The doctor sends the patient home blaming mono and states if you where 50 and smoked we would worry about cancer. Within a week patient was diagnosed with leukemia and wasn't terribly happy with the generally malpractice worthy doctoring.

The reason you remind me of said doctor is you are sure that you are right, all knowing and to be trusted beyond reason.

Lets be honest. bfgminer wasn't mining on anything in the early days of FPGA's. It didn't exist. After BFL singles support and some Icarus related windows issues you went your own way. Now maybe you wrote a lot of code in cgminer I personally don't know. The commits would know. That having been said you hadn't re-written the entire code base just for FPGA's. You made use of everything cgminer did for GPU's and potentially added on some interfacing code to allow non GPU devices. Now that doesn't mean big freaking deal miner existed. It means cgminer supported the items that where supported up until you left by whatever developer maintained the devices. The fact that your software pulled 2.3.4 to start means 2.3.3 and before versions of cgminer worked just fine without bfgminer existing. Current version also works great (imho) without your meddling. You have a thread use it.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
NicholasB54

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:02:39 PM

Hi folks

Just wondering if I can run 2 different USB ASICs (Antminer + Block Erupter) on same Win 7 PC using CGMiner ?

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:33:58 PM

Hi folks

Just wondering if I can run 2 different USB ASICs (Antminer + Block Erupter) on same Win 7 PC using CGMiner ?

Yes you can.

Message me if you have any problems
NicholasB54

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:41:06 PM

Hi folks

Yes you can.

Well I guess that does answer my question in a minimalist sort of way Smiley
I found a post elsewhere saying CGMiner tries to use all attached devices by default, but it's not working for me.

Given the few cent per day, don't think it's worth bothering about so wil just continue running the Ant alone

Thx
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:14:39 PM

Lets be honest. bfgminer wasn't mining on anything in the early days of FPGA's. It didn't exist.
Yes it did, it was released under the name "cgminer", in collaboration with Con/Kano's GPU miner.

After BFL singles support and some Icarus related windows issues you went your own way.
No, after ASICs were announced, Con/Kano went their own way because they were upset.

Now maybe you wrote a lot of code in cgminer I personally don't know. The commits would know. That having been said you hadn't re-written the entire code base just for FPGA's. You made use of everything cgminer did for GPU's and potentially added on some interfacing code to allow non GPU devices.
No, cgminer had been very tied around GPU code, and had entirely independent code for CPUs.
It took some pretty big changes to make it into a modular/driver based model.

Now that doesn't mean big freaking deal miner existed. It means cgminer supported the items that where supported up until you left by whatever developer maintained the devices. The fact that your software pulled 2.3.4 to start means 2.3.3 and before versions of cgminer worked just fine without bfgminer existing.
You have an awfully centralised way of looking at things. Just because early versions of BFGMiner were released in this thread, thanks to my efforts to try to collaborate rather than release independently at the start, somehow means in your mind that everything only "counts" toward Con/Kano's sole credit after they decide to split off?

Trongersoll

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:16:35 PM

Hi folks

Yes you can.

Well I guess that does answer my question in a minimalist sort of way Smiley
I found a post elsewhere saying CGMiner tries to use all attached devices by default, but it's not working for me.

Given the few cent per day, don't think it's worth bothering about so wil just continue running the Ant alone

Thx

Every little bit helps.
elchorizo

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:53:02 PM

You have an awfully centralised way of looking at things. Just because early versions of BFGMiner were released in this thread, thanks to my efforts to try to collaborate rather than release independently at the start, somehow means in your mind that everything only "counts" toward Con/Kano's sole credit after they decide to split off?

It is amazing to me that after all this time you continually try to lie to convince everyone. Perhaps you are lying over and over so that some day you might convince yourself that you actually matter.

You don't. You are a troll. You are an insignificant little man who only gains attention by riding the coattails of people who have actually done something. I feel sorry that this, most likely, is the only thing you have in your life to bring you joy.

The fact that you must continually insert yourself into places where you clearly don't belong and are not wanted only serves to prove just how pathetic you really are.

I pity you.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
Viceroy

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:39:10 PM

Dear Viceroy,
Good day to you and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch.

WOW, that was insightful, thanks for the contribution!  Roll Eyes
Askit2

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:29:11 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 09:56:55 PM by Askit2

Lets be honest. bfgminer wasn't mining on anything in the early days of FPGA's. It didn't exist.
Yes it did, it was released under the name "cgminer", in collaboration with Con/Kano's GPU miner.
By releasing cgminer with your code it doesn't change the fact bfgminer was not in existence as bfgminer. Cgminer existed but bfgminer wasn't a thing yet. Let me give an example to provide some illuminated cognition. There was a car made by Pontiac called the LeMans. It existed for a few years before its more famous option package was available. Now did the parts of the GTO exists in a GM catalogue? Most of them. Does that mean anyone owned a 60 GTO? No. The product in question didn't exist as such until it did. It doesn't matter that something like it existed. What I am saying is that until you released your miner that your miner by its name and only cgminer pulls and teams work existed. You have added people since and that's great. That doesn't change the fact that only one miner was released.

After BFL singles support and some Icarus related windows issues you went your own way.
No, after ASICs were announced, Con/Kano went their own way because they were upset.
no the split happened when ztex boards released the Y version. Cgminer supported it bfgminer either did or was working on it. Now april of 2012 wasn't when ASICs started. They where announced before July of 2012. I am pretty sure it was in June. Even then it isn't like everything was done with FPGA's.
Now maybe you wrote a lot of code in cgminer I personally don't know. The commits would know. That having been said you hadn't re-written the entire code base just for FPGA's. You made use of everything cgminer did for GPU's and potentially added on some interfacing code to allow non GPU devices.
No, cgminer had been very tied around GPU code, and had entirely independent code for CPUs.
It took some pretty big changes to make it into a modular/driver based model.
I am not saying it didn't. What I was saying is that based on commits at the time you didn't single handedly change it.

Now that doesn't mean big freaking deal miner existed. It means cgminer supported the items that where supported up until you left by whatever developer maintained the devices. The fact that your software pulled 2.3.4 to start means 2.3.3 and before versions of cgminer worked just fine without bfgminer existing.

Not centralized way of looking at anything (ignoring your typo). There was a project named cgminer. It existed yours as bfgminer didn't. Now did some code live in cgminer that you created sure. I never argued against that. But you didn't have bfgminer released until far later. The credit as such goes not to just you but the whole team that worked on cgminer at the time. Yes con and kano and lJr get credit in my mind. That being said the split off is where bfgminer started. Sorry if I forgot anyone who did provide code I don't mean to leave you out of credit. Just trying to make a point.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
fastcore

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:33:49 PM

Silly question and I see it back on a 2011 post as a feature request, but is there a way to pause the client? Control+C (as well as Q) obviously is a kill command.
rgr_rgr

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:48:43 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 10:00:33 PM by rgr_rgr

You could disable devices. And you could disable pools. Both "pause" mining.  Does this fit for you?
rgr_rgr

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

Once upon a time we were all here, working together, trying to create a decentralized currency.  Unfortunately that idea has been lost by Kano and company as they no longer support the individual miners that were the early adopters and creators of all the cryptocurrency.  

Instead they are only supporting groups with massive infrastructures and massive capital.  

A USB miner costs about $20. What does a GPU cost?
Maybe you should calm down and check reality. I don't like the decision to abandon GPU and scrypt. But the small guy is still able to mine. With a USB stick he mines faster and cheaper than with GPU. So if you want to argue, please use arguments.

Pages: « 1 ... 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 [712] 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: