Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 [751] 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805211 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:01:53 PM

I've been solo mining with cgminer 3.12.3 and now updated to 4.3.4.

However, the same setup (BITMAIN AntMiner U1) which worked on the earlier version, no longer seems to work on the new. (Startup simply: "cgminer.exe -u blah -p blah -o 127.0.0.1:8332")

Did you tell it which bitcoin address to mine for?

If not read the readme.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aexcu

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:37:11 PM

I've been solo mining with cgminer 3.12.3 and now updated to 4.3.4.

However, the same setup (BITMAIN AntMiner U1) which worked on the earlier version, no longer seems to work on the new. (Startup simply: "cgminer.exe -u blah -p blah -o 127.0.0.1:8332")

Did you tell it which bitcoin address to mine for?

If not read the readme.

Thanks for the tip, but adding --btc-address [insert bitcoin wallet address here] to the command-line does not change the picture. As said, cgminer 3.12.3 worked out of the box with these settings.
Aexcu

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:41:08 PM

Thanks for the tip, but adding --btc-address [insert bitcoin wallet address here] to the command-line does not change the picture. As said, cgminer 3.12.3 worked out of the box with these settings.

Solving this myself, the previous version did work without -o http:// . So to anyone who's wondering, running 4.3.4 successfully will simply require:

cgminer.exe -o http://localhost:8332 -u something -p something --btc-address insertbitcoinwalletaddresshere

TRN1062

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:07:10 PM

Can anyone tell me how to detect and start one or more rockminer R-box miners without the display constantly scrolling messages about a wrong driver for devices that are mining already on a different mining software. Is there a way to directly start the R-box's without scanning and attempting to start all the Antminer U1's? I just want the R-box's loading on CGminer as the others are running and stable on the other platform.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

T.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:10:20 PM

Can anyone tell me how to detect and start one or more rockminer R-box miners without the display constantly scrolling messages about a wrong driver for devices that are mining already on a different mining software. Is there a way to directly start the R-box's without scanning and attempting to start all the Antminer U1's? I just want the R-box's loading on CGminer as the others are running and stable on the other platform.

T.

The Advanced USB options section of the readme explains how to include and exclude mining hardware.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
TRN1062

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:40:51 PM

T.

The Advanced USB options section of the readme explains how to include and exclude mining hardware.

Thank you. Not quite what I was looking for but it worked.
Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:34:04 PM

Hi, I am using BitBurner Fury Rev 1.1 boards that show as BTB in CGMiner 4.3.4

Is this correct or should they be labeled as BBF?? I've installed the latest firmware available from www.asichardware.com (now no longer available, blame Cryptx)

Boards are hashing well though

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
marimax

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:15:13 PM

hi Everyone, i m in trouble with a RED FURY Bitfury USB ASIC 5 Gh/s, i ve done all the downloads as advised in many guides but still get errors, it mines apparently but loads of errors.

I was thinking if i am using an old version of cgminer, searched everywhere and cnt find anything that can help me.

Below is the pic of the errors im getting. Please...is there any1 that could give me a help me?  Undecided http://i61.tinypic.com/2lt4uo4.png
 Please please pretty please,  Roll Eyes
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:49:32 PM

hi Everyone, i m in trouble with a RED FURY Bitfury USB ASIC 5 Gh/s, i ve done all the downloads as advised in many guides but still get errors, it mines apparently but loads of errors.

I was thinking if i am using an old version of cgminer, searched everywhere and cnt find anything that can help me.

Below is the pic of the errors im getting. Please...is there any1 that could give me a help me?  Undecided

It's telling you exactly what to do. Read the readme - I can lead a horse to a readme but I can't make it read it. Install the winusb driver and associate your new device with the winusb driver using zadig , and always use the latest cgminer. Let me be explicit: Go to line 319 on the file README.txt

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
TRN1062

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:42:28 AM

Below is the pic of the errors im getting. Please...is there any1 that could give me a help me?  Undecided http://i61.tinypic.com/2lt4uo4.png

That looks like what I was seeing with my r-box only it was CGminer detecting my Antminer U1's that were running on BFG. To get it to stop I had to place a limit on the number of devices CGminer initiates and starts once it has my R-boxes started it reaches the max device limit and stops scanning for more devices. I was looking for command line statements to load just the R-boxes but someone told me how to do it this way and it works so I left well enough alone.

The steps for controlling USB device scan are listed in the Advance USB section of the readme.... (probably around line 319 if I were a betting man since that is where ckolivas pointed you to).
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 03:03:48 PM

How do I (cross-)build cgminer for AntMiner S1?

The problem I am trying to solve now is poor scalability of S1 + p2pool (the node and the farm located remotely from each other). Stratum connection results in transfering several kilobytes once per ~30s for every S1 unit simultaneously, which increases latency. At the same time, getwork seems to be broken in current cgminer builds for AntS1 (both stock and latest kano's build), so I want to rebuild and debug it.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:19:08 PM

Hi again guys - another question about the S2 thing. I've noticed that there is an Ubuntu distro for the Beaglebone, which is the S2 controller, so was wondering if it would be possible to use cgminer on this instead of the current Linux distro? Would cgminer be able to detect the hashing boards via pci though? Maybe in the same way it used to detect GPU's? I'm not sure - just throwing stuff out there.........if only they were usb .......

Peace  Smiley
The distro running on it is Angstrom.
It's pretty much pointless swapping distros since you'd have to build the full distro with all the required support.
Also, the S2 has 2 kernel modules ... and no source available for one of them.
So if the bitmain_spi.ko doesn't work on the distro you build - you've got no solution.
The "firmware" file is simply the initrd of the full Angstrom linux it runs.
"Firmware" is in quotes because ... it isn't "firmware" Tongue
So (as I've been doing) to update it you first pull apart the one on the S2, change/replace the files you want to change, and then put it back together again.
I have the 'putting it together' automated so I can make a "firmware" with a single command - but of course that's to build one - you first have to work on changing/testing everything as required.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:30:28 PM

How do I (cross-)build cgminer for AntMiner S1?

The problem I am trying to solve now is poor scalability of S1 + p2pool (the node and the farm located remotely from each other). Stratum connection results in transfering several kilobytes once per ~30s for every S1 unit simultaneously, which increases latency. At the same time, getwork seems to be broken in current cgminer builds for AntS1 (both stock and latest kano's build), so I want to rebuild and debug it.
First problem in what you are doing:
 p2pool and the farm located remotely from each other
Bad idea. P2pool is extremely dependent upon latency due to the excessive restart rate.

Getwork will use way more bandwidth than stratum.
The Getwork in my S1 binary is the Getwork in cgminer - same thing - I'm part of the cgminer team, not a fork.

Your setup is the fault.
Add a proxy if you wish to reduce bandwidth.
Moving away from stratum would only be due to you misunderstanding how the protocols work.

Cross compiling is the same as for the avalon.
Read their info on how to do that ... or the abundant info provided by openwrt.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:58:22 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 01:11:05 AM by baloo_kiev

Bad idea. P2pool is extremely dependent upon latency due to the excessive restart rate.
Not really. The latency between the sites is up to 30ms, which causes only about 0.2% stales by itself. However, it would increase non-linearly with addition of units, since each of them receives several kilobytes (because of large coinbase) simultaneously at work restart.

The trick I am trying to do is increasing rollntime to say 1000, which means 1 getwork request per 20s per unit. Getwork response fits within 1 packet, while stratum response from p2pool is several kB. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The Getwork in my S1 binary is the Getwork in cgminer - same thing - I'm part of the cgminer team, not a fork.
I may be wrong but it seems like it has something to do with the endian issue. It was fixed at some time before your last build. In the stock binary (I mean that old one, supplied as a part of S1 ROM), getwork sends wrong nonce, while in your last build, it sends empty responses (does not submit solutions). Maybe you just didn't test getwork?

Your setup is the fault.
Moving away from stratum would only be due to you misunderstanding how the protocols work.
Which proxy do you suggest? The stratum-mining-proxy by slush?

Thank you!

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:53:33 AM

Not really. The latency between the sites is up to 30ms, which causes only about 0.2% stales by itself. However, it would increase non-linearly with addition of units, since each of them receives several kilobytes (because of large coinbase) simultaneously at work restart.
Stratum work isn't large.
It sends a merkle tree slice size O(log2(n)) (n=txn count) plus a coinbase txn - where the size of the coinbase txn will of course depend on what extra 'stuff' is put in there.
P2pool likes to put a bucket load of micro-payments in there - yep - so use something other than p2pool.

Also, if you are saying that multiplying it by a large number makes it large - well yep that's true of any number >=1 Tongue

The trick I am trying to do is increasing rollntime to say 1000, which means 1 getwork request per 20s per unit. Getwork response fits within 1 packet, while stratum response from p2pool is several kB. Please correct me if I am wrong.
A network packet is up to 64k - but of course they are broken up depending on the network connection settings.
But again you're looking at it the wrong way.
Indeed a single stratum response is bigger than a single getwork response, but the stratum response is usable for 30s (longer on bad pools Tongue) and with a small 32bit nonce2 will support > 6millionTH/s for that 30s.
With all of that work being rolled up to the cgminer maximum of 90s, that's of course more than 500millionTH/s
Thus a proxy for up to 500millionTH/s of miners is a few K of work sent to the proxy every 30 seconds.

The original rollntime was a bad design idea to start with.
Doing small rolls on stratum (up to 90) is a reasonable solution to reduce workload generating internal stratum work.
Doing large rolls is actually an issue on the bitcoin network itself. The larger the roll, the more the small possibility of valid blocks being rejected, increases.

I may be wrong but it seems like it has something to do with the endian issue. It was fixed at some time before your last build. In the stock binary (I mean that old one, supplied as a part of S1 ROM), getwork sends wrong nonce, while in your last build, it sends empty responses (does not submit solutions). Maybe you just didn't test getwork?
My point being that if there is a getwork endian issue - submit a cgminer pull request fix.
No I don't test getwork - I don't even have a reasonable source of it setup anywhere that will find results.

Your setup is the fault.
Which proxy do you suggest? The stratum-mining-proxy by slush?
Not sure - the only good proxy I know of isn't ready yet.

Thank you!
Smiley

sharnalk

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:44:55 AM

I'm new to bitcoin world  so hello !

I'd like to know, how do your code is compatible with asic miners ? all of the fpga/asics are on the same design ?
Is there a open source VHDL of the fpga circulating (if i want to test on my cyclone4 dev board for example, is there a way ? )
LARTAS

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:55:24 AM

I want to mine with 2 ASIC Goldstrike beacuse Beaglebone is damgerd. I opened with command promp and when I pur Pool, user and pass It gets out
Can you help me please?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:46:51 AM

I want to mine with 2 ASIC Goldstrike beacuse Beaglebone is damgerd. I opened with command promp and when I pur Pool, user and pass It gets out
Can you help me please?
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README

kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:48:18 AM

I'm new to bitcoin world  so hello !

I'd like to know, how do your code is compatible with asic miners ? all of the fpga/asics are on the same design ?
Is there a open source VHDL of the fpga circulating (if i want to test on my cyclone4 dev board for example, is there a way ? )
Make it pretend to be some other device that we support, or add a driver.

Killerloop

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:10:48 AM

Hi, I am using BitBurner Fury Rev 1.1 boards that show as BTB in CGMiner 4.3.4

Is this correct or should they be labeled as BBF?? I've installed the latest firmware available from www.asichardware.com (now no longer available, blame Cryptx)

Boards are hashing well though

Hints? Anyone?

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
Pages: « 1 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 [751] 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: