Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 04:04:16 PM

after zeroing the stats i see this:
Code:
Block: 02401ea22d6ffac5...  Diff:2.98M  Started: [17:01:51]  Best share: 0   K

the K didnt got deleted and stays there forever.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:21:09 PM

I am having some issues compiling 2.10.4. I've been following the same steps to compile for months and can compile 2.9.7 and prior versions without issue, it's just 2.10.x versions. I think it might be a dependency, but I'm not that linux savy. I have run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to make sure things are current. This is running on a Atom based Mini-ITX MB running Debian 6 with 7 BFLs. (Other than this new compile issue, it's been running great for 6 months)

I did read back around 15 pages to the point where 2.10.0 was released and did not see anyone having any issues with compiling. I also checked the README.txt and it looks like I have all the dependencies. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Code:
CFLAGS="-g -O2 -W -Wall" ./autogen.sh --enable-bitforce --with-libudev
Returns the following:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
cgminer 2.10.4
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED
  scrypt...............: Disabled (needs OpenCL)
  ADL..................: SDK NOT found, GPU monitoring support DISABLED

BitForce.FPGAs.......: Enabled
  Icarus.FPGAs.........: Disabled
  ModMiner.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  Ztex.FPGAs...........: Disabled
  libudev.detection....: yes

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2 -W -Wall
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................:  -L/usr/lib -lcurl compat/jansson/libjansson.a -lpthread     -lm -ludev

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local
Looks OK, but then I get these errors when running "make": (I have tried make clean first as well)
Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/miners/ckolivas-cgminer-b53372b/ccan'
make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/miners/ckolivas-cgminer-b53372b'
  CC     cgminer-cgminer.o
  CC     cgminer-util.o
util.c: In function âkeep_curlaliveâ:
util.c:207: error: âCURLOPT_TCP_KEEPALIVEâ undeclared (first use in this function)
util.c:207: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
util.c:207: error: for each function it appears in.)
util.c:207: warning: type defaults to âintâ in declaration of â_curl_optâ
util.c:208: error: âCURLOPT_TCP_KEEPIDLEâ undeclared (first use in this function)
util.c:208: warning: type defaults to âintâ in declaration of â_curl_optâ
util.c:209: error: âCURLOPT_TCP_KEEPINTVLâ undeclared (first use in this function)
util.c:209: warning: type defaults to âintâ in declaration of â_curl_optâ
make[2]: *** [cgminer-util.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/miners/ckolivas-cgminer-b53372b'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/miners/ckolivas-cgminer-b53372b'
make: *** [all] Error 2
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2012, 11:28:48 PM

I am having some issues compiling 2.10.4. I've been following the same steps to compile for months and can compile 2.9.7 and prior versions without issue, it's just 2.10.x versions. I think it might be a dependency, but I'm not that linux savy. I have run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to make sure things are current. This is running on a Atom based Mini-ITX MB running Debian 6 with 7 BFLs. (Other than this new compile issue, it's been running great for 6 months)

I did read back around 15 pages to the point where 2.10.0 was released and did not see anyone having any issues with compiling. I also checked the README.txt and it looks like I have all the dependencies. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Code:
Returns the following:
Code:
Looks OK, but then I get these errors when running "make": (I have tried make clean first as well)
Code:
util.c:207: error: âCURLOPT_TCP_KEEPALIVEâ undeclared (first use in this function)

That looks like your curl installation is a version that somehow should support CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPALIVE (version 7.25.0+) but then actually doesn't.

That should not happen since it is supposed to detect what version of curl you have installed and choose appropriate support. Perhaps you have only a partly installed or mixed installation of libcurl development libraries.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:56:57 PM

Code:
Returns the following:
Code:
Code:

That looks like your curl installation is a version that somehow should support CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPALIVE (version 7.25.0+) but then actually doesn't.

That should not happen since it is supposed to detect what version of curl you have installed and choose appropriate support. Perhaps you have only a partly installed or mixed installation of libcurl development libraries.

I did an apt-get remove libcurl4-gnutls-dev && apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev

Code:
Unpacking libcurl4-gnutls-dev (from .../libcurl4-gnutls-dev_7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up libcurl4-gnutls-dev (7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2) ...
So is that the wrong version? (Still no love on the make clean / make) Any clue on how to get the 7.25.0+ version you speak of?
Thank you for your time.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:02:26 AM

Code:
Returns the following:
Code:
Code:

I did an apt-get remove libcurl4-gnutls-dev && apt-get install libcurl4-gnutls-dev

Code:
Unpacking libcurl4-gnutls-dev (from .../libcurl4-gnutls-dev_7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2_i386.deb) ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Setting up libcurl4-gnutls-dev (7.21.0-2.1+squeeze2) ...
So is that the wrong version? (Still no love on the make clean / make) Any clue on how to get the 7.25.0+ version you speak of?
Thank you for your time.

It's still supposed to work with older curls. Somewhere it is thinking you have a later version installed which you don't. Anyway I usually install libcurl4-openssl-dev

-ck
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:35:23 AM

Is anyone else having difficulties with the reliability of using a raspberry pi with cgminer (and bfgminer) to manage fpga miners (in my case bitforce and icarus). I've found that cgminer 2.10.4 gives out comm errors on bitforce miners (at random). Bfgminer has problems as well outlined in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128789.msg1426976#msg1426976

The main point here is that I believe there is either some bug with cgminer (kinda doubt this) or some major problem with the raspberry itself (possibly USB driver issue? etc) or the wheezy debian distro. I'm using the distro put together by the OP on the thread I pasted above.

I'm sure someone else is also using a pi to manage their fpga miners, so I ask has anyone managed to get it to run reliably without any errors, restarts, etc.?

I've updated the firmware via rpi-update and updated the distro with apt-get update & apt-get upgrade & apt-get dist-upgrade. Problem with 2.10.4 of cgminer still persists.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:39:47 AM

Is anyone else having difficulties with the reliability of using a raspberry pi with cgminer (and bfgminer) to manage fpga miners (in my case bitforce and icarus). I've found that cgminer 2.10.4 gives out comm errors on bitforce miners (at random). Bfgminer has problems as well outlined in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128789.msg1426976#msg1426976

The main point here is that I believe there is either some bug with cgminer (kinda doubt this) or some major problem with the raspberry itself (possibly USB driver issue? etc) or the wheezy debian distro. I'm using the distro put together by the OP on the thread I pasted above.

I'm sure someone else is also using a pi to manage their fpga miners, so I ask has anyone managed to get it to run reliably without any errors, restarts, etc.?

I've updated the firmware via rpi-update and updated the distro with apt-get update & apt-get upgrade & apt-get dist-upgrade. Problem with 2.10.4 of cgminer still persists.
The usb on rpi is known to be really flaky. The addition of a powered usb hub usually fixes most problems as it acts as a usb filter as well as running more usb devices better.

-ck
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 12:52:31 AM

The usb on rpi is known to be really flaky. The addition of a powered usb hub usually fixes most problems as it acts as a usb filter as well as running more usb devices better.

Well that's the thing. I am of course using a powered usb hub, and it gave me no troubles when connected to a windows box.

One thing that I noticed is that the pi powered itself up when I plugged in the usb hub to it so it's drawing from the usb hub (as it should/can) but I still have the power brick plugged in on the pi as well. Should I shutdown the pi and power it up with it's own power brick first and THEN connect the USB hub? Does this order make any difference? I have doubts whether it will resolve the flaky usb issues but it's worth a try, no?

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:29:47 AM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I looked through the readme but didnt see anything. I also have not kept up on this thread or Stratum in general.

How do you disable stratum on cgminer? I was running my rigs on Coinlab and decided to upgrade BAMT to the (at the time) latest cgminer and have not been able to mine there since. I can however mine on any pool that supports Stratum but would like to go back to Coinlab.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 01:32:47 AM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I looked through the readme but didnt see anything. I also have not kept up on this thread or Stratum in general.

How do you disable stratum on cgminer? I was running my rigs on Coinlab and decided to upgrade BAMT to the (at the time) latest cgminer and have not been able to mine there since. I can however mine on any pool that supports Stratum but would like to go back to Coinlab.
There is nothing about stratum support that precludes mining on regular getwork pools. If they support both getwork and stratum and they specify the stratum header, cgminer will automatically switch to stratum, unless you add the "--fix-protocol" option. But if the pool does not support stratum, like coinlab, it will just use getwork.

-ck
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:37:25 AM

There is nothing about stratum support that precludes mining on regular getwork pools. If they support both getwork and stratum and they specify the stratum header, cgminer will automatically switch to stratum, unless you add the "--fix-protocol" option. But if the pool does not support stratum, like coinlab, it will just use getwork.

I first assumed this which is why I upgraded. However after upgrading it would not mine on coinlab and will not on Ozcoin either unless it is on the Stratum pool. Maybe its something with the way BAMT talks to cgminer?

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 01:38:45 AM

I first assumed this which is why I upgraded. However after upgrading it would not mine on coinlab and will not on Ozcoin either unless it is on the Stratum pool. Maybe its something with the way BAMT talks to cgminer?
Pool issues. I know ozcoin has had issues with its getwork pools lately, but I have no idea about coinlab.

-ck
AmDD
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 01:42:38 AM

Pool issues. I know ozcoin has had issues with its getwork pools lately, but I have no idea about coinlab.
Possible I guess, however I have 2 different rigs both running BAMT. One I never upgraded cgminer and it is still mining on coinlab with zero issues, the other is having issues.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 09:02:01 AM

Thought I'd give you all a heads up warning.

I'll be away overseas, enjoying Japan from the 5th to the 23rd of January.... While this is the time frame that perhaps one of the first ASICs comes into existence, the fact is that I really couldn't care less while travelling. Thus I wish to inform you that my right hand man, Kano(i), will be the only person around who will be producing officially sanctioned cgminer code while I'm away. So if and when the hardware does appear, and you wish to use cgminer to mine on that hardware, please use source and/or binaries provided by him.

-ck
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 09:05:04 AM

Thought I'd give you all a heads up warning.

I'll be away overseas, enjoying Japan from the 5th to the 23rd of January.... While this is the time frame that perhaps one of the first ASICs comes into existence, the fact is that I really couldn't care less while travelling. Thus I wish to inform you that my right hand man, Kano(i), will be the only person around who will be producing officially sanctioned cgminer code while I'm away. So if and when the hardware does appear, and you wish to use cgminer to mine on that hardware, please use source and/or binaries provided by him.
enjoy ur holiday Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Joshwaa

Activity: 497

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 02:09:29 PM

Lucky you! Have a great time!!

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2012, 03:12:10 PM

Upgraded, but had to turn stratum off on p2pool as my DOA/Stale rate went through the roof, even after lowering my intensity on both Linux & windoze rigs. Anyone else had this problem?

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 03:26:34 PM

no DoA/Orphans here

[GPG Public Key]
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 31, 2012, 04:49:05 PM

Upgraded, but had to turn stratum off on p2pool as my DOA/Stale rate went through the roof, even after lowering my intensity on both Linux & windoze rigs. Anyone else had this problem?

Same problem here.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Vyacheslav

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 12:00:06 AM

Hello.
Anyone who knows and knows how to use the command cgminer --gpu-map?
I got a problem:

OpenCl number corresponds to the number of devices is not ADL and the decision - is to use this command.
In the map units, the last card is marked as
6. 09:00
7. 0a: 00
8. 0b: 00

I do not understand how to use it and how to write config. Help, who can ....
Pages: « 1 ... 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 [429] 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: