Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:38:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805147 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 10:22:33 AM

Does cgminer support KNC miner hardware ? If yes how to do ?
Nope. KFC support cgminer on their own fork and have yet to reveal their sauce.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:31:17 AM

Thank you for the answers.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:15:11 PM

Does cgminer support KNC miner hardware ? If yes how to do ?
Nope. KFC support cgminer on their own fork and have yet to reveal their sauce.

I wonder if they suped it up some? I know Burnin supposedly was shooting for getting the Bitfury chips (2Ghash/s) to 5Ghash/s using an external clock or something like that. There are some tricks out there...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Myrddindc

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:07:38 PM

Apologies for noobish question.

I have  been using cgminer to run my 6 usb block eruptors for a few weeks now with all being great. Now that I have finally received my BFL little(which also performs perfectly well, running with bfgminer for now) my cgminer keeps reporting:

Code:
USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a Windows USB driver for - BFL device 5:1

But I already have all the drivers installed and the device is running just fine in another window.

My question is how do I stop cgminer from searching for or reporting this device, as it makes for messy on screen monitoring of my block eruptors.

The line that initializes the block eruptors is:

Code:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u myUserName_com9 -p 1234  ---icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM9

Apologies again for a noobish question! Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Myrdd.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3577
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:12:53 PM

Apologies for noobish question.

I have  been using cgminer to run my 6 usb block eruptors for a few weeks now with all being great. Now that I have finally received my BFL little(which also performs perfectly well, running with bfgminer for now) my cgminer keeps reporting:

Code:
USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a Windows USB driver for - BFL device 5:1

You need to run Zadig and install WinUSB for that device.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3577
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:15:06 PM

My question is how do I stop cgminer from searching for or reporting this device, as it makes for messy on screen monitoring of my block eruptors.

Add
"--usb BAS:0"

It is covered in the readme under Advanced USB Options

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Myrddindc

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:14:59 PM

Add
"--usb BAS:0"

It is covered in the readme under Advanced USB Options

Ffab thanks! I did read the readme  (badly) and saw those options but it didnt stop the reporting error. I'm guessing I have to install the driver you mentioned first and then add that line. (My miner is working fine so I dont really want to start messing with drivers as I'm sure windows will mess things up for me if I did!) So will have to just ignore the error repeating. Thanks again! Myrdd.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:35:13 PM

Ffab thanks! I did read the readme  (badly) and saw those options but it didnt stop the reporting error. I'm guessing I have to install the driver you mentioned first and then add that line. (My miner is working fine so I dont really want to start messing with drivers as I'm sure windows will mess things up for me if I did!) So will have to just ignore the error repeating. Thanks again! Myrdd.
Wise move.  I'm pretty sure that if you installed the driver, you wouldn't be able to use the setup you are using since it would replace the driver you are using.  Ouf of curiosity, though, why don 't you want to install the driver and use the device in cgminer (even if a separate instance) instead of running two different miners?
Myrddindc

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:39:29 PM

Wise move.  I'm pretty sure that if you installed the driver, you wouldn't be able to use the setup you are using since it would replace the driver you are using.  Ouf of curiosity, though, why don 't you want to install the driver and use the device in cgminer (even if a separate instance) instead of running two different miners?

As my block erupters were working in cgminer I did try that first, but with no luck, probably windows fault, and bfgminer worked straight off. Now I know how to fix it, I may try cgminer again when I get a little time. Guessing it may hash a little better?

Myrdd.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:12:57 AM

Using the libusb version from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.16-rc10/libusb-1.0.16-rc10.tar.bz2

instead of the one in the cgminer libusbx github branch fixed the Block Erupter timeout error messages on MacOSX.

Still having a small issue where pressing q on the keyboard doesn't quit cgminer, you have to ctrl-C

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 08:49:14 AM

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.16-rc10/libusb-1.0.16-rc10.tar.bz2

instead of the one in the cgminer libusbx github branch fixed the Block Erupter timeout error messages on MacOSX.

Still having a small issue where pressing q on the keyboard doesn't quit cgminer, you have to ctrl-C

Master branch uses that exact code. The libusbx branch was for experimenting only. Do you have the timeout error messages with the master branch?

-ck
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 12:57:30 PM

Master branch uses that exact code. The libusbx branch was for experimenting only. Do you have the timeout error messages with the master branch?
The main branch doesn't fix the problem, you have to use the libusbx branch and install libusb-1.0.16-rc10.tar.bz2 I have tested on both Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Also there are still some autogen.sh bugs in both branches.

Code:
bash-3.2# ./autogen.sh
readlink: illegal option -- f
usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
usage: dirname path
Running autoreconf -if..
./autogen.sh: line 12: libtoolize: command not found
Makefile.am:21: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
autoreconf: 'configure.ac' or 'configure.in' is required
Configuring...
./autogen.sh: line 21: /configure: No such file or directory

MacOSX use glibtoolize not libtoolize

Once you fix that typo then you get at the end:

Code:
Makefile.am:21: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
Configuring...

Another typo, it should be ./configure not /configure.

With the TIMEOUT error fixed, the number of accepted block in an hour seems to have increased a fair bit, so even though the average hash rate was 335Mh/s with the timeouts, the acceptance was down, I could have been as much as 30-40% I was doing a comparison with another BE on ubuntu to the same pool and it was getting way more accepted blocks. Now the Mac is actually beating it.

bitcoinminer42
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1185

notorious shrimp!

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:55:08 PM

while compiling the new version v3.5.0 on my ubuntu64 i got the following error:

during the # make with following options

# CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --enable-ztex --disable-opencl --disable-adl

cgminer-libztex.o: In function `libztex_firmwareReset':
libztex.c:(.text.unlikely+0x4a): undefined reference to `libusb_control_transfer'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

need help!

libusb-1.0-0 and dev are installed
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 08:41:09 PM

The main branch doesn't fix the problem, you have to use the libusbx branch and install libusb-1.0.16-rc10.tar.bz2 I have tested on both Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Mountain Lion 10.8.5

Also there are still some autogen.sh bugs in both branches.

Code:
bash-3.2# ./autogen.sh
readlink: illegal option -- f
usage: readlink [-n] [file ...]
usage: dirname path
Running autoreconf -if..
./autogen.sh: line 12: libtoolize: command not found
Configuring...

MacOSX use glibtoolize not libtoolize

Once you fix that typo then you get at the end:

Code:
Configuring...

Another typo, it should be ./configure not /configure.

With the TIMEOUT error fixed, the number of accepted block in an hour seems to have increased a fair bit, so even though the average hash rate was 335Mh/s with the timeouts, the acceptance was down, I could have been as much as 30-40% I was doing a comparison with another BE on ubuntu to the same pool and it was getting way more accepted blocks. Now the Mac is actually beating it.
I don't understand how the main branch doesn't fix it but you using libusb-1.0.16-rc10 fixes it since it has the same code... unless you are benefiting from using the async code that's in that branch? In that case, the 'async' branch, which uses libusb-1.0.16-rc10 and async code should do what you want without you wedging in another libusb. As for the autogen fix, I know, as I've only said release tarballs work. I'm not an autotool wizard and building on osx is something I rarely get to do when I steal my wife's work laptop.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 07:59:47 AM

New release: Version 3.5.1, 11th October 2013

I've temporarily branched the stable code into a 3.5 branch, making this release a stable release update with a few minor improvements and bugfixes while the main code branch undergoes more radical change. The master branch is incorporating asynchronous transfer code and has a new locking scheme designed to allow much better concurrent reading/writing to USB devices.

Human readable changelog:

- Fixed a couple of hangs when shutting down - you will no longer get temps and fanspeeds in the final status line on shutting down, but at least it won't hang.
- Failed connect to stratum as a message will only show in verbose logging now.
- Smoother reporting of hashrate on BF1 devices.
- Fix for the crash when --usb BAS: or similar commands were used when the relevant driver wasn't actually compiled in.
- Fixes for CMR
- Slower USB devices that die/are unplugged will now properly zombie.
- A few more failure checks on starting BF1 devices.
- Serious USB read or write errors will now be accompanied by a message during regular logging describing the error.
- USB errors now use the internal libusb explanations.
- Fixed a bug where some devices would never start hashing if your PC was up for a few days (specifically BF1 devices).
- If we switch away from a pool in failover mode, we will now only switch back to it if it's up for at least 5 minutes to avoid reconnecting to pools that are only intermittently up - good for DDoS situations which we've seen a lot of lately.
- Ztex driver and its bistreams have been REMOVED. No one was maintaining the code, it wasn't working, and it was making release archives much larger than necessary.
- First draft of klondike driver - note binaries do not have this built in since the devices aren't in the wild yet.
- When devices are unplugged on windows, cgminer will cleanly remove them now instead of getting into an endless loop of failing to talk to them with IO errors.
- Statistics on locking delays in usb code (this will be deprecated in 3.6 branch due to changes in the locking design).
- Other internal changes, fixes, low level code for further development.

Full changelog:

- Avoid calling get_statline_before on exit to avoid trying to use it on drivers
in an indeterminate state.
- Avoid calling get_statline on exit.
- Drop logging level for failed to connect to stratum to verbose mode only since
we hit it regularly.
- Use fractional hashrate return values in bitfury_scanhash to minimise the
number of times we return 0 based on hashrate so far to further damp out
displayed hashrate.
- Check for presence of driver name in DRIVER_COUNT_FOUND to prevent strcmp on a
null pointer when a driver is not built in.
- CMR allow sending flash and clock commands
- Kill off threads that have failed using hash_sole_work instead of just
disabling them.
- Make the bf1 getinfo size a macro
- Failing to add_cgpu in bitfury should be a terminal failure.
- Check return values when attempting to open a BF1 device and set the msg size
as a macro.
- Display errors on failed usb read and write and consider sequential IO errors
a permanent failure.
- Use libusb's own error name function instead of hand coding the error names.
- Limit ms_tdiff to 1 hour as a sanity check.
- Try switching pools if for some reason we end up with only idle pools and have
ended up current_pool set to an idle one.
- Check a pool is stable for >5 mins before switching back to it.
- Prevent overflows in us_tdiff and ms_tdiff.
- Change second initialise message on bitfury verbose mode.
- Submitting an ntime offset nonce needs to be done on a copy of the work
instead of the original so abstract out shared components as much as possible,
minimising strdups in copy_work and make submit_work_async work take copied
work, cleaning up code in the process.
- Provide a way for drivers to submit work that it has internally rolled the
ntime value by returning the amount it has ntime rolled to be added.
- Typo in configure.ac
- Remove unmaintained broken ztex driver.
- Icarus CMR2 detect FPGA setup
- Icarus - use a data structure for I/O rather than magic numbers
- klondike correct cvtKlnToC() temperature calculation
- klondike - correct 1st reply debug based on define
- klondike - debug dump structured replies
- klondike - avoid division by zero if maxcount is unexpectedly zero
- klondike store and report errorcount and noise
- klondike - fix chipstats api stats buffer overrun with 16 chips
- klondike add new nonecount only once
- klondike - report mh/s based on nonces found + put old estimate into API stats
- klondike use a memcpy
- klondike fix bracket tabs indenting
- api.c missing Klondike from ASIC list
- Add 2nd CMR to 01-cgminer.rules
- Add Klondike to 01-cgminer.rules
- Klondike to main directory
- Klondike consistent code spacing
- Klondike update driver code to current git
- update firmware for 16 chips, add dist files
- beta final 0.3.0 release
- updated firmware, IOC method
- prevent nonces when not state W
- added driver config option support
- fixes for 300 MHz, fix K1 parts list
- update driver, docs
- update firmware & utils
- updated cgminer driver for 3.3.1
- update firmware and driver, create new cgminer fork
- update klondike driver
- add cgminer driver file as-is
- Get statistics on how long usb reads and writes wait on the devlock.
- Display stats regarding locking delays in API.
- Disable bitfury device thread on it disappearing.

-ck
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:01:13 AM

Just built from git on my raspberry pi.
Version is listed as 3.5.0.

Downloaded one of your compiled versions for windows.
Version is 3.5.1.

Did I build from the wrong branch with git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer?

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
Taugeran

Activity: 658

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:29:00 AM

Version is 3.5.1.

Did I build from the wrong branch with git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer?
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer --branch 3.5

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:04:03 AM

Version is 3.5.1.

git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer --branch 3.5

Thank You.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:28:24 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 12:48:19 PM by P_Shep

Just realized something... My problem with libusb, I had assumed that it was libusb itself to segfault, but it's actually cgminer not handling the error properly and segfaulting.

libusb_init() failed err -99 [2013-10-11 14:02:49] libusb_init() failed        

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00455dcc in libusb_exit ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00455dcc in libusb_exit ()
#1  0x004175f0 in clean_up ()
#2  0x0040a180 in _quit ()
#3  0x00404064 in main ()

So the call to libusb_exit() shouldn't be made if the init didn't work.
techman05

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 01:43:49 PM

I'm too late for 3.5.1 but is there anyway to push the works to memory and not pc. I started noticing my pc hardrive coming on and off for each share it got and I'd like to eliminate that. I ended up turning off cgminer last night because of it.

Thanks

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
Pages: « 1 ... 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: