Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 12:44:51 AM

yeah when to upgrade is always a tough call.
Strictly speaking, I move to the latest Ubuntu 3 months after it is released, and 2 releases are usually binary compatible, which means they get a year of binary compatibility before I move on. 13.04 came out in April and 13.10 is due out in a month (as per the .04 .10 nomenclature).

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abbeytim

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 05:29:02 AM

I want to mine on a gpu on the same pc in a different pool  that my asics are on but I try  --disable-Icarus it crashes is there another command??

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 05:35:34 AM

I want to mine on a gpu on the same pc in a different pool  that my asics are on but I try  --disable-Icarus it crashes is there another command??

That's cause there is no such command. Try --usb :0

-ck
abbeytim

Activity: 438

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:05:08 AM

Grin works ty
spacebob

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:23:33 PM

So I got a kinda weird issue.

I started mining on my Raspberry Pi (O/S: Raspian) with 5 Block Eruptors on a DLink DUB-7 on August 19th using cgminer 3.3.4 and followed the included instructions on how to compile the libusb libraries myself. It worked great and it ran non-stop for a few weeks. The other day I decided to update cgminer to 3.4.2. After mining for about 20 minutes the Pi seemed to locked up. My SSH session died and I couldn't ping the Pi anymore. I figured it was just a fluke so I restarted the Pi but, again, after mining for about 20 minutes the Pi locks up.

I figured that this must have just been an issue with the newest version of cgminer so I went back to 3.3.4 with no luck. 3.3.4 now causes the Pi to lock up as well. I thought that maybe the Pi was overheating so I tried doing something else intensive; watching a 1080p movie over my LAN for 2hrs+ but it worked great and never locked up. I also tried mining just with 1 miner but the Pi still locked up.

Perhaps there is an issue with the newest packages for the Pi? How can I provide some more detailed info to see what is going on? Anything else I can try to resolve the issue?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 12:31:44 PM

I started mining on my Raspberry Pi (O/S: Raspian) with 5 Block Eruptors on a DLink DUB-7 on August 19th using cgminer 3.3.4 and followed the included instructions on how to compile the libusb libraries myself. It worked great and it ran non-stop for a few weeks. The other day I decided to update cgminer to 3.4.2. After mining for about 20 minutes the Pi seemed to locked up. My SSH session died and I couldn't ping the Pi anymore. I figured it was just a fluke so I restarted the Pi but, again, after mining for about 20 minutes the Pi locks up.

I figured that this must have just been an issue with the newest version of cgminer so I went back to 3.3.4 with no luck. 3.3.4 now causes the Pi to lock up as well. I thought that maybe the Pi was overheating so I tried doing something else intensive; watching a 1080p movie over my LAN for 2hrs+ but it worked great and never locked up. I also tried mining just with 1 miner but the Pi still locked up.

Perhaps there is an issue with the newest packages for the Pi? How can I provide some more detailed info to see what is going on? Anything else I can try to resolve the issue?
If going back to the previous version doesn't resolve the issue, how can the new version be responsible?

-ck
spacebob

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:43:49 PM

If going back to the previous version doesn't resolve the issue, how can the new version be responsible?

I'm not saying the newest version is responsible for the issue. I was just describing what I've tried so far.

Perhaps there is an issue with the newest packages for the Pi
What I meant by this is maybe updating my Pi's firmware and packages are causing the issue.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 02:53:21 PM

SOLVED! (sort of, eventually)

Conclusion:

Nvidia should stick to GFX chipsets.

Xubuntu 13.04 performed poorly compared to 12.04 (I reinstalled 12.04)

I need to learn more  Grin
Thanks for investigating. Having coded parts of kernels that report CPU usage, I should point out that the CPU usage is not as clear as you may think, so while it appears that 13.04 is worse than 12.04 (37 vs 33% you said), it may be a measuring artefact difference, whereas 12% vs 33% is more likely to be significant.

You're welcome! And thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've been really happy with 12.04 - the thinking behind trying 13.04 was that maybe the drivers for my usb controllers had been updated and/or improved in the newer version, but if they had it didn't seem to cure the problem, the opposite in fact. I liked the new desktop look though..... Cheesy Another thing that put me off a little was that the installation no longer fitted on a CD, not that it makes much difference since as soon as I install an OS I immediately set about uninstalling everything that isn't needed for mining anyway - gimp, Thunderbird, gstreamer etc. I run the OS on a small 40GB ssd & keep all the wallet data (5 different coins ATM) on a separate, larger & faster ssd in an effort to decrease latency.
It still strikes me as a little funny that the expensive super duper nvidia chipset was outclassed & outperformed by a £8 amazon cheap n' cheerful add-on card.... Cheesy
As you say, it's a case of horses for courses, I'll be sticking with 12.04 for the time being, but if I decide on upgrading the mobo to a non-nvidia chipset type I might try 13.04 again.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 09:04:03 PM

I'm not saying the newest version is responsible for the issue. I was just describing what I've tried so far.

What I meant by this is maybe updating my Pi's firmware and packages are causing the issue.
No idea then sorry. Perhaps your Pi is coincidentally failing or as you say, some upgraded other package is responsible.

-ck
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:12:01 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 09:34:36 PM by johnyj

After I installed the latest libudev-dev package, the linux froze at the beginning of start up, two leds on keyboard just flashes and no response from keyboard/mouse. I can never enter the system anymore, even with ssh

The prompt at frozen point is:

/init: line 318: can't open /root/dev/console: no such file (only part of the text were displayed, see below)

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 09:19:13 PM

hey there folks,

i`m having the TIMEOUT warning on 2 of my block erupters.  I`ve had a search of this thread and I can only find reference to it in relation to Linux.  As i`m running a window 7 pc, are there any steps i can take to rectify the error?  I`ve read about the libusb file being correct in cgminer 3.4.2 and that this file may be the issue. do I have to place this file else where to work?

Thanks guys

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 11:39:44 PM

Hi there. Any update on these items? Do you need access to an OS X box? Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

I am trying to compile from the Git source on OS X. I am cloning into a brand new, clean directory. From there I autogen.sh like I always have, and I get an error:

Code:
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'

Here is more error info, which may help pinpoint the issue:

Code:
configure.ac:39: error: required file '../../ltmain.sh' not found
libusb/Makefile.am:4: warning: source file 'os/darwin_usb.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:4: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.  However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
libusb/Makefile.am:3: warning: source file 'os/linux_usbfs.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:3: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
libusb/Makefile.am:33: warning: source file 'os/linux_netlink.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:33: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
libusb/Makefile.am:33: warning: source file 'os/linux_udev.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:33: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
libusb/Makefile.am:5: warning: source file 'os/openbsd_usb.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:5: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
libusb/Makefile.am:6: warning: source file 'os/poll_windows.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:6: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
libusb/Makefile.am:6: warning: source file 'os/windows_usb.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:6: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
libusb/Makefile.am:42: warning: source file 'os/threads_windows.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:42: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
libusb/Makefile.am:42: warning: source file 'os/threads_posix.c' is in a subdirectory,
libusb/Makefile.am:42: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

Here's the error compiling from the release tarball:

Code:
  CCLD   cgminer
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_CFDictionaryCreateMutable", referenced from:
      _darwin_init in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFDictionarySetValue", referenced from:
  "_CFGetTypeID", referenced from:
      _darwin_devices_detached in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFNumberCreate", referenced from:
  "_CFNumberGetTypeID", referenced from:
  "_CFNumberGetValue", referenced from:
      _darwin_get_interface in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFRelease", referenced from:
      _darwin_kernel_driver_active in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
      _darwin_release_interface in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
      _darwin_close in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
      _darwin_event_thread_main in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFRetain", referenced from:
      _darwin_open in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFRunLoopAddSource", referenced from:
      _darwin_claim_interface in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFRunLoopGetCurrent", referenced from:
  "_CFRunLoopRemoveSource", referenced from:
  "_CFRunLoopRun", referenced from:
  "_CFRunLoopStop", referenced from:
      _darwin_exit in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFUUIDGetConstantUUIDWithBytes", referenced from:
      _usb_get_next_device in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_CFUUIDGetUUIDBytes", referenced from:
  "_IOCreatePlugInInterfaceForService", referenced from:
  "_IOIteratorIsValid", referenced from:
  "_IOIteratorNext", referenced from:
      _process_new_device in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_IONotificationPortCreate", referenced from:
  "_IONotificationPortDestroy", referenced from:
  "_IONotificationPortGetRunLoopSource", referenced from:
  "_IOObjectRelease", referenced from:
      _process_new_device in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_IORegistryEntryCreateCFProperty", referenced from:
  "_IOServiceAddMatchingNotification", referenced from:
  "_IOServiceGetMatchingServices", referenced from:
  "_IOServiceMatching", referenced from:
  "___CFConstantStringClassReference", referenced from:
      CFString in libusb-1.0.a(libusb_1_0_la-darwin_usb.o)
  "_kCFAllocatorDefault", referenced from:
  "_kCFAllocatorSystemDefault", referenced from:
  "_kCFRunLoopCommonModes", referenced from:
  "_kCFRunLoopDefaultMode", referenced from:
  "_kCFTypeDictionaryKeyCallBacks", referenced from:
  "_kCFTypeDictionaryValueCallBacks", referenced from:
  "_kIOMasterPortDefault", referenced from:
  "_objc_registerThreadWithCollector", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cgminer] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
tk1337

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:17:35 AM

It appears that the API is reporting a different number of accepted shares than what is being shown on the output. Not sure if this is intentional for some reason or if this is an already known issue (sorry, not going through 600+ pages). Small example: CGMiner Output screen says 8105 accepted shares, the API returns 6786 for said device (1319 difference, seems to be across the board for each device).

Please let me know if you would like me to supply the data from the API vs. data on the output.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:28:35 AM

It appears that the API is reporting a different number of accepted shares than what is being shown on the output. Not sure if this is intentional for some reason or if this is an already known issue (sorry, not going through 600+ pages). Small example: CGMiner Output screen says 8105 accepted shares, the API returns 6786 for said device (1319 difference, seems to be across the board for each device).

Please let me know if you would like me to supply the data from the API vs. data on the output.
Nope, I don't see it on any of my 4 instances.
You'll need to provide more info.
Also ... try java API summary and java API devs and compare those outputs to the screen.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
tk1337

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:52:29 AM

Nope, I don't see it on any of my 4 instances.
You'll need to provide more info.
Also ... try java API summary and java API devs and compare those outputs to the screen.

CGMiner API summary reports a total accepted as 47634, CGMiner output shows the total as 57407, a difference of 9773 divide that by the number of devices (7), looking at a difference of around 1396 per device.

I'm falling asleep here, but I'll post screenshots & data to back up this tomorrow morning.

Edit: This is on linux (MinePeon distro) with ASIC USB Erupters only, however others are reporting an error with BFL devices as well on the same distro, I wrote a stand alone call (separate from MinePeon's WebUI) to see if there was any difference in what the WebUI was getting from CGMiner API versus what the WebUI was showing. Turns out, there is no difference in the WebUI on MinePeon's side, but it appears the difference is coming from CGMiner's API, as at the time of the call the numbers are off from what what the output screen is displaying.
Krak

Activity: 591

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 03:54:35 AM

Maybe you're using a pool with variable difficulty and you're at a hashrate that keeps you bouncing around between difficulty 1 and 2 shares?

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn
tk1337

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 03:58:21 AM

Maybe you're using a pool with variable difficulty and you're at a hashrate that keeps you bouncing around between difficulty 1 and 2 shares?

I would assume CGMiner's API would report the same data as what it's showing to the user on the output screen. Otherwise either the output screen or the API would be incorrect at all times.
tk1337

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:03:00 AM

actually, odd, I was going to dump the output of the api call to a file, decided to change the parameter to an INT (1) instead of a BOOL (true) and now I'm getting back correct data...

that gives me enough of a lead to where I can figure it out (or at least get the correct data to show), thanks for the responses.
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:06:00 AM

When this happened to me I wasn't using that specific CGMiner but it would lock up Raspbian and I would have no recourse but to hard power cycle it. Eventually it happened so often I investigated. I tried new SD card as it kept corrupting mine. I tried newer versions of CGMiner. I finally upgraded Raspbian and tried using the over clocking and low and behold it wouldn't boot properly.

I don't know that this is your problem but for me I spent 30$ on SD cards (good ones) and a 15$ cable and new power supply fixed it. So if it was me I would double check that your power isn't getting saggy and causing errors. Mine worked for 4 months or so Flawlessly before I had problems.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:49:40 AM

yeah when to upgrade is always a tough call.
Strictly speaking, I move to the latest Ubuntu 3 months after it is released, and 2 releases are usually binary compatible, which means they get a year of binary compatibility before I move on. 13.04 came out in April and 13.10 is due out in a month (as per the .04 .10 nomenclature).

No disagreeing with you, but it would be nice if the LTS releases were supported, at least while they are the latest LTS release (Not that rebuilding is hard... but still)

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
Pages: « 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: