Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:21:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 [602] 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805147 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:59:48 PM

Thanks Kano. Much like with Butterfly Labs, your terrible attitude has driven me to your competition.

One less dick in this thread Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:05:56 PM

Yeah, well one mining program uses stupid USB drivers which need so many hoops to be jumped through to get working, if they do at all, for no apparent benefit. The author(s) refuse(s) to accept that changing to the new more difficult and stupid USB drivers was a mistake, and won't go back to the original "just works" way of doing things.  That miner also has issues compiling it's OGL kernel, crashing out instantly, unless the correct number of chickens are slaughtered while the moon is in the third quadrant and sacrificed to the SDK gods.  The issue is also ignored by the authors, and has been for months upon months.

The other needs one set of USB or GPU drivers installed and everything just works.

I won't say which one is which, but I think anyone reading this has a fair idea..

HellDiverUK

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:06:57 PM

Thanks Kano. Much like with Butterfly Labs, your terrible attitude has driven me to your competition.

Nah, the dick is still firmly embedded in the thread.  Right up to the balls.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 02:10:54 PM

Yeah, well one mining program uses stupid USB drivers which need so many hoops to be jumped through to get working, if they do at all, for no apparent benefit. The author(s) refuse(s) to accept that changing to the new more difficult and stupid USB drivers was a mistake, and won't go back to the original "just works" way of doing things.  That miner also has issues compiling it's OGL kernel, crashing out instantly, unless the correct number of chickens are slaughtered while the moon is in the third quadrant and sacrificed to the SDK gods.  The issue is also ignored by the authors, and has been for months upon months.

The other needs one set of USB or GPU drivers installed and everything just works.

I won't say which one is which, but I think anyone reading this has a fair idea..

Pure unadulterated troll. Anyone else want to get in on the act before mods have to come in to clean up this trainwreck you've all created over the last few pages?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:12:43 PM

Thanks bro. Welcome to my ignore list, additionally.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:15:02 PM

I will also point out something that you probably completely missed also ... that your USBs you have bought will never mine the amount of BTC you paid for them.

Are you in the future telling business now?  You know for certain the value of BTC will never go above the current $120/USD? 

M

... will never mine the amount of BTC you paid for them.

And you know that how?  You know for certain some catastrophic event won't occur that'll drive the value of BTC to ridiculously low prices, causes people to abandon in droves causing difficulty to drop?  You also know they won't still be mining 10 years from now?  No moving parts, simple construction, if properly cooled they should last a while.  (That remains to be seen of course.)

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:21:13 PM

Thanks bro. Welcome to my ignore list, additionally.
Woot - I haven't been on anyone's ignore list for about a year?
I think I even got a faint shade of yellow at one stage back then Smiley

I can definitely say without a doubt, I'd not miss anything by putting you on my ignore list ... not so sure about the opposite though Tongue
I don't bother ignoring though, coz people just quote everything anyway (look at this thread in the last few pages ... lotsa quotes ...)

Anyway ... back to whatever it was I was doing ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 02:27:03 PM

I cant put this program work on my Win 8 64bits... its strange!

it shutdown after I put the data of pool, user and pass...
Make sure that the information that you are entering is correct, If there are any errors, the CGMiner cmd window will just close really fast.

add "pause" as a line after the cgminer command line and the cmd window will wait for a key entry to close.

ghghghfgh
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:33:18 PM

I will also point out something that you probably completely missed also ... that your USBs you have bought will never mine the amount of BTC you paid for them.

Are you in the future telling business now?  You know for certain the value of BTC will never go above the current $120/USD? 

M

... will never mine the amount of BTC you paid for them.

And you know that how?  You know for certain some catastrophic event won't occur that'll drive the value of BTC to ridiculously low prices, causes people to abandon in droves causing difficulty to drop?  You also know they won't still be mining 10 years from now?  No moving parts, simple construction, if properly cooled they should last a while.  (That remains to be seen of course.)

M
I'd bet you 10BTC neither of those things will happen in the next 12 months ... except I can't afford to make the bet and tie up 10BTC for 12 months Sad

They do heat up all the time - and totally lack any thermal monitoring - cheap and nasty and originally something like 10,000% mark up Smiley
No one who paid 2BTC for them has made 2BTC PPS yet either ...
I paid 1.1 BTC for 2 of them to help with debugging libusb ... I certainly know I'll never get 1.1 BTC back PPS mining with them, so I have them on solo where they will most likely never get anything ... or if I'm really lucky, might find a block and pay them off Cheesy

With the 3 I have at the current difficulty, the average expected time to find a block is 3,268days 12hr 4min 27sec
Of course that number is worse than meaningless since the difficulty in even 2 months will most likely be at least double what it is now.
Since I got my BAS less than 4 weeks ago ... difficulty has doubled already, they have already dropped to half what they were returning 4 weeks ago Tongue

OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:47:31 PM

Damn, so much trolling and shit talking over the last day. All I'll say is I appropriate ALL THE WORK THAT ALL BITCOIN DEVS DO. Some people are better at some things and but ALL OF YOU DO A GREAT JOB.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:00:48 PM

Pure unadulterated troll. Anyone else want to get in on the act before mods have to come in to clean up this trainwreck you've all created over the last few pages?

In all fairness, I think even you would have to agree that this trainwreck was created by Kano.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:01:27 PM

Damn, so much trolling and shit talking over the last day. All I'll say is I appropriate ALL THE WORK THAT ALL BITCOIN DEVS DO. Some people are better at some things and but ALL OF YOU DO A GREAT JOB.

When you have a notable antagonist like Kano involved with this project, it's hard to avoid shit talking Sad

Having said that, I greatly appreciate all the work done on CGMiner, and feel sorry for Con having to deal with such an immature child in the form of his partner.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:13:13 PM

Outside of the documentation, are there any concise examples of the overclocking commands in action, that I could study before my rigs get here?
Going through this entire thread is not possible!
(I am running MinePeon with CG Miner on a Raspberry Pi. I'll be overclocking a Burnin Mining rig and then a Bitfury chip custom rig).

Thanks,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:20:01 PM

Heh, well at least you pretended that you knew what you were talking about Smiley
1) A different serial-USB driver for EACH USB chip ... we only use one
2) Oops - you can't send a control transfer with serial-USB damn shame about that hey Smiley
(I'm sure that one will be well above your understanding)
3) Though I guess you didn't notice the drivers in your God's miner that do use direct USB ... damn! Smiley

kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:26:02 PM

Outside of the documentation, are there any concise examples of the overclocking commands in action, that I could study before my rigs get here?
Going through this entire thread is not possible!
(I am running MinePeon with CG Miner on a Raspberry Pi. I'll be overclocking a Burnin Mining rig and then a Bitfury chip custom rig).

Thanks,
IAS
No bitfury drivers yet.

Burnin's BitBurner is simply a case of adjusting the freq and the volts - the higher the volts the bigger the risk of hardware failure.
The higher the frequency, the larger the volts required to reduce HW errors.
Update of what I posted in the Burnin thread Smiley
 BTB 0: 56C 400 1346mV | 7.192G/7.991Gh/s | A:243645 R:2216 HW:12 WU:111.6/m
[Device Hardware%] => 0.0049 (yes that's a %)

It's documented in the README, ASIC-README and API-README ...

To set the start voltage:
 --bitburner-voltage nnnn
nnnn - from 1200 to 1400
Warning it can kill your power supply or even your board ... be careful adjusting it too high

To set the start frequency (for one board with 20 chips)
 --avalon-options 115200:2:10:d:nnn
nnn from 282 up to 450

When it's running you can change them also via the API, but it doesn't really help to work out the performance coz you need to run it for a few hours to get marginally reliable statistics - the Avalon driver doesn't count hashes, it estimates them.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3577
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:43:22 PM

In all fairness, I think even you would have to agree that this trainwreck was created by Kano.

No!  You need to take responsibility for your own actions.

You started this "trainwreck" with no intentions of finding out what the problem was you were having with the program.

This is a community where we all work together to identify and resolve problems.  You had no intention of doing that.  You just lobbed a hand grenade and got offended by a remark in response you YOUR offensive remark.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:45:00 PM

When you have a notable antagonist like Kano involved with this project, it's hard to avoid shit talking Sad

It's actually very easy to avoid.

xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:51:40 PM

No!  You need to take responsibility for your own actions.

You started this "trainwreck" with no intentions of finding out what the problem was you were having with the program.

This is a community where we all work together to identify and resolve problems.  You had no intention of doing that.  You just lobbed a hand grenade and got offended by a remark in response you YOUR offensive remark.

Grow Up!

Wrong.  I am not a CGMiner developer.  I have no responsibility or interest in personally debugging CGMiner.  Especially now, since I no longer even use it.

That being said, I thought the developers might want to be aware of the issue, that's why I posted it.  I would have been perfectly happy to provide more details to help Kano debug the issue, if he had requested that - but he chose to just blindly attack me instead.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:58:45 PM

Yeah, well one mining program uses stupid USB drivers which need so many hoops to be jumped through to get working, if they do at all, for no apparent benefit.

I for one really like the "stupid USB drivers".

CGMiner 3.2.1 was the easiest install of new hardware I ever had.  I switched from GPU's to BE's and Jalapeno with NO ISSUES on Windbloze 7.

Then when 3.3.1 was released I was able to run multiple instances of CGMiner with equal numbers of BE's to multiple pools with ease and reliability.  You just cannot do that with serial USB drivers, when you reboot the system the ports can and probably will come up with a different port mapping and then I would need to redo my .bat files again to do what I want until the next round of Windoze updates.

Implementing new and improved ways of doing things always causes problem, but when they are resolved then you have a better application.

I guess we should all get ticked off at Al Gore for inventing the internet too, right?  Nobody should need more than a 1200bps modem and a BBS right?
Sam

HellDiverUK

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:59:35 PM

Heh, well at least you pretended that you knew what you were talking about Smiley
1) A different serial-USB driver for EACH USB chip ... we only use one
2) Oops - you can't send a control transfer with serial-USB damn shame about that hey Smiley
(I'm sure that one will be well above your understanding)
3) Though I guess you didn't notice the drivers in your God's miner that do use direct USB ... damn! Smiley

What about the crashing on first run with GPU mining on Windows?  You've still not acknowledged this.  

On several machines, several installs (Win7x64 Pro/Enterprise or Win8x64), I can only get cgminer to work with the ancient 12.8 drivers - and even then it's only 75% success rate.  Yet 'the other miner' works with 13.4 and newer no problems.  It doesn't make sense.

Edit: Spelling typo
Pages: « 1 ... 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 [602] 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: