Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:48:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805213 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bo122081

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:00:44 PM

I am asking the wrong questions, or is there just not an answer?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maxpower

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:58:01 PM

I recommend that you check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117221.0

It shed a lot of light on the scrypt GPU parameters like threadcount for me.

Mac Altcoin Wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672 | Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205035.0
BTC: 13wuRW8v1PtZrbKKrBfT5JcuiCwpMqpCmY
kslavik

Activity: 441

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:03:52 PM

Run those 2 commands before you launch cgminer:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

It will allow to use gpu memory instead of system memory, what GPU/card are you talking about?

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

Hey guys, need a little help myself this morning and my Google-fu isnt working well (lack of food probably isnt helping).  I have a rig running 2 GPUs and a Jala.  One of my GPUs is giving me fits for some reason today, so I want to shut it down and mine with just the one card and my Jala.  Its a watercooled unit and I am in the middle of work so dont have time to just rip it apart before anyone just asks why dont I take the card out.

I am trying to shut down the one card and mine with just the other and Jala, I can use -d 1 to use the one card, or I can use -G to shut them down and mine with the Jala, but I cant get them both working with the combination of -d 1 and --usb.  I think my problem is the --usb and the syntax, but for the life of me I cant seem to figure out what it is (I've tried --usb 0, --usb BAJ, --usb baj, --usb BAJ0, and --usb baj0).

Is there something I am obviously missing, or is it just not wanting to play nice with me today?

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:12:43 PM

Hey guys, need a little help myself this morning and my Google-fu isnt working well (lack of food probably isnt helping).  I have a rig running 2 GPUs and a Jala.  One of my GPUs is giving me fits for some reason today, so I want to shut it down and mine with just the one card and my Jala.  Its a watercooled unit and I am in the middle of work so dont have time to just rip it apart before anyone just asks why dont I take the card out.

I am trying to shut down the one card and mine with just the other and Jala, I can use -d 1 to use the one card, or I can use -G to shut them down and mine with the Jala, but I cant get them both working with the combination of -d 1 and --usb.  I think my problem is the --usb and the syntax, but for the life of me I cant seem to figure out what it is (I've tried --usb 0, --usb BAJ, --usb baj, --usb BAJ0, and --usb baj0).

Is there something I am obviously missing, or is it just not wanting to play nice with me today?

--remove-disabled   Remove disabled devices entirely, as if they didn't exist
--device|-d <arg>   Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all

So it could look something like this

-d 0 --remove-disabled

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Zanatos666

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:30:51 PM

Hey guys, need a little help myself this morning and my Google-fu isnt working well (lack of food probably isnt helping).  I have a rig running 2 GPUs and a Jala.  One of my GPUs is giving me fits for some reason today, so I want to shut it down and mine with just the one card and my Jala.  Its a watercooled unit and I am in the middle of work so dont have time to just rip it apart before anyone just asks why dont I take the card out.

I am trying to shut down the one card and mine with just the other and Jala, I can use -d 1 to use the one card, or I can use -G to shut them down and mine with the Jala, but I cant get them both working with the combination of -d 1 and --usb.  I think my problem is the --usb and the syntax, but for the life of me I cant seem to figure out what it is (I've tried --usb 0, --usb BAJ, --usb baj, --usb BAJ0, and --usb baj0).

--remove-disabled   Remove disabled devices entirely, as if they didn't exist
--device|-d <arg>   Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all

-d 0 --remove-disabled

Correct me if I am wrong, removing disabled will just not show the disabled item on my cgminer screen, where as if I didnt do that, it would show the device, but list it as "off".  My problem is when I use -d 0 to specify to only use a GPU, it only uses that GPU, it wont use my Jala as well, so both my second GPU and my Jala both show as "off".

twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:33:57 PM

Hey guys, need a little help myself this morning and my Google-fu isnt working well (lack of food probably isnt helping).  I have a rig running 2 GPUs and a Jala.  One of my GPUs is giving me fits for some reason today, so I want to shut it down and mine with just the one card and my Jala.  Its a watercooled unit and I am in the middle of work so dont have time to just rip it apart before anyone just asks why dont I take the card out.

I am trying to shut down the one card and mine with just the other and Jala, I can use -d 1 to use the one card, or I can use -G to shut them down and mine with the Jala, but I cant get them both working with the combination of -d 1 and --usb.  I think my problem is the --usb and the syntax, but for the life of me I cant seem to figure out what it is (I've tried --usb 0, --usb BAJ, --usb baj, --usb BAJ0, and --usb baj0).

What I used to do when I was still mining with GPUs was to run multiple cgminer instances.  One for my GPUs only and another one for my USB devices.  It's easier to control things, that way, IMHO.

Edit: I should say that the way I accomplished this was to compile cgminer multiple times: one version that only had --enable-opencl and another version that had --disable-opencl and --enable-bitforce, etc.  This way, I had two versions of the cgminer binary, one for GPUs and one for everything else.  However, you can probably accomplish the same thing using just a single cgminer binary and various command line options.

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:39:14 PM

You don't need to use --usb unless you want to be selective about which USB devices you want.
However, as the README says, it only works at the driver level, so --usb BAS:0 would disable your Jala
The BAS driver doesn't know if it's a BAM, BAS, BAL or BAJ until after it's taken control of it - so using --usb wouldn't make sense with hotplug grabbing and releasing the device every 5 seconds - the --usb control actually decides to ignore a device before it even tries to open it.

Edit: and to completely disable USB use: --usb :0 --hotplug 0

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Zanatos666

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:02:50 PM

You don't need to use --usb unless you want to be selective about which USB devices you want.
However, as the README says, it only works at the driver level, so --usb BAS:0 would disable your Jala
The BAS driver doesn't know if it's a BAM, BAS, BAL or BAJ until after it's taken control of it - so using --usb wouldn't make sense with hotplug grabbing and releasing the device every 5 seconds - the --usb control actually decides to ignore a device before it even tries to open it.

Edit: and to completely disable USB use: --usb :0 --hotplug 0

Thanks, Kano.  Yes, I started going through the full README after I posed as before I had only read the ASIC one.  But even after that, and after this, I am still not getting what i want.  I want to enable and use both my Jala AND my one GPU, while disabling the one GPU that isnt working properly.  Everything I have tried and has been suggested and have read either enables my Jala only, or my GPU only, not both.  Maybe I just need to mine with the Jala and will just pull my bad card later.

Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:51:45 PM

-d 1 --usb BAS:1 should use both. I am not 100% sure as I have 0 GPU's on my mining hardware (raspberry pi (thanks kano for suggesting it.)). But it seems like the arguments you are looking for.

It seems from memory though that without specifying any USB anything cgminer would grab any available and the --usb was to limit for specific configurations.

I finally built 3 cgminer.sh with 3 different config files and restarting loops so now each tty gets a cgminer mining on a pool for spreading variance. I doubt you can easily remotely without some remote desktop app do the same though....

If you used multiple ssh sessions or can get local like access you could launch a prompt with your one GPU and another prompt running cgminer and your Jalapeno.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:52:58 PM

--device|-d <arg>   Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all

-d 0 --remove-disabled

Correct me if I am wrong, removing disabled will just not show the disabled item on my cgminer screen

--remove-disabled will completely remove that GPU/device from CGMiner's knowledge.  So preface it with -d 0, -d 1 or -d 2 or whatever device the bad GPU is.  I thought that is what you wanted to do?  If so that is how you do it.
Sam

Zanatos666

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:01:16 PM

-d 0 --remove-disabled

Correct me if I am wrong, removing disabled will just not show the disabled item on my cgminer screen

--remove-disabled will completely remove that GPU/device from CGMiner's knowledge.  So preface it with -d 0, -d 1 or -d 2 or whatever device the bad GPU is.  I thought that is what you wanted to do?  If so that is how you do it.
Sam

My problem is I have 2 video cards, and a Jalapeno all running on the same system.  1 video card is giving me problems and I want to disable it and still use the other video card AND my Jalapeno (the cards are hooked up in a watercooling rig and I was trying to prevent ripping it completely apart in order to remove the bad card from the system altogether). All of the things I tried would either let me run just the Jalapeno, or just one the one video card, not both.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:21:45 PM

My problem is I have 2 video cards, and a Jalapeno all running on the same system.  1 video card is giving me problems and I want to disable it and still use the other video card AND my Jalapeno (the cards are hooked up in a watercooling rig and I was trying to prevent ripping it completely apart in order to remove the bad card from the system altogether). All of the things I tried would either let me run just the Jalapeno, or just one the one video card, not both.

Yes I understand that.  So to disable the bad GPU you need to know which device it is and then use the remove disable in conjunction with that device.

In my suggested example

"-d 0 --remove-disabled"

That would completely remove device 0 from CGMiner's knowledge and would just mine your other devices.

If your bad GPU is a different device then substitute the 0 with the correct number.
Sam

bo122081

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 12:22:48 AM

I recommend that you check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117221.0

It shed a lot of light on the scrypt GPU parameters like threadcount for me.
I have looked at that thread, though it didn't really answer my specific question, unless I'm overlooking something, which, with a 40-page thread, that's possible (not to mention this 500+ page thread). Forum search tools for specific questions within a thread are not great...
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 08:07:33 AM

Bump. Ckolivas, it seems there is a bug in usbutils.c, at least when compiling on FreeBSD.

Failed to compile 3.3.1 on FreeBSD (configure OK):

Code:
$ ./configure --enable-icarus
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-freebsd9.0
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-freebsd9.0
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-freebsd9.0
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking sys/mman.h usability... yes
checking sys/mman.h presence... yes
checking for sys/mman.h... yes
checking wchar.h usability... yes
checking wchar.h presence... yes
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for mprotect... yes
checking for sigaction... yes
checking for sigaltstack... yes
checking for siginterrupt... yes
checking for mmap... yes
checking for MAP_ANONYMOUS... yes
checking whether memchr works... yes
checking whether memmem is declared... yes
checking for memmem... yes
checking whether memmem works... no
checking for C/C++ restrict keyword... __restrict
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking whether the preprocessor supports include_next... yes
checking whether system header files limit the line length... no
checking for wchar_t... yes
checking for unsigned long long int... yes
checking for long long int... yes
checking whether stdint.h conforms to C99... no
checking sys/inttypes.h usability... no
checking sys/inttypes.h presence... no
checking for sys/inttypes.h... no
checking sys/bitypes.h usability... no
checking sys/bitypes.h presence... no
checking for sys/bitypes.h... no
checking for bit size of ptrdiff_t... 64
checking for bit size of size_t... 64
checking for bit size of sig_atomic_t... 64
checking for bit size of wchar_t... 32
checking for bit size of wint_t... 32
checking whether sig_atomic_t is signed... yes
checking whether wchar_t is signed... yes
checking whether wint_t is signed... yes
checking for ptrdiff_t integer literal suffix... l
checking for size_t integer literal suffix... ul
checking for sig_atomic_t integer literal suffix... l
checking for wchar_t integer literal suffix...
checking for wint_t integer literal suffix...
checking whether memmem is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether mempcpy is declared without a macro... no
checking whether memrchr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether rawmemchr is declared without a macro... no
checking whether stpcpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether stpncpy is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strchrnul is declared without a macro... no
checking whether strdup is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strncat is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strndup is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strnlen is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strpbrk is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strsep is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strcasestr is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strtok_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strerror_r is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strsignal is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether strverscmp is declared without a macro... no
checking for memmem... (cached) yes
checking whether memmem works... (cached) no
checking for struct sigaction.sa_sigaction... yes
checking for volatile sig_atomic_t... yes
checking for sighandler_t... no
checking whether sigaction is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigaddset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigdelset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigemptyset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigfillset is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigismember is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigpending is declared without a macro... yes
checking whether sigprocmask is declared without a macro... yes
checking for sigprocmask... yes
checking whether NULL can be used in arbitrary expressions... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking syslog.h usability... yes
checking syslog.h presence... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... no
checking for alloca... yes
checking for OpenCL... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for json_loads in -ljansson... no
checking for library containing addstr... -lncurses
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for LIBCURL... no
checking for LIBCURL... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating compat/Makefile
config.status: creating compat/jansson/Makefile
config.status: creating ccan/Makefile
config.status: creating lib/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands

------------------------------------------------------------------------
cgminer 3.3.1
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED
  scrypt...............: Disabled (needs OpenCL)
  ADL..................: SDK NOT found, GPU monitoring support DISABLED

Avalon.ASICs.........: Disabled
  BFL.ASICs............: Disabled
  BitForce.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  Icarus.FPGAs.........: Enabled
  ModMiner.FPGAs.......: Disabled
  Ztex.FPGAs...........: Disabled

Compilation............: make (or gmake)
  CPPFLAGS.............:
  CFLAGS...............: -g -O2
  LDFLAGS..............:  -lpthread
  LDADD................:  -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl   compat/jansson/libjansson.a -lpthread     -lm -lusb

Installation...........: make install (as root if needed, with 'su' or 'sudo')
  prefix...............: /usr/local

$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in lib
  GEN    arg-nonnull.h
  GEN    c++defs.h
  GEN    warn-on-use.h
  GEN    signal.h
  GEN    stdint.h
  GEN    string.h
make  all-recursive
  CC     dummy.o
  CC     memmem.o
  AR     libgnu.a
Making all in compat
Making all in jansson
  CC     dump.o
  CC     hashtable.o
  CC     load.o
  CC     strbuffer.o
  CC     utf.o
  CC     value.o
  CC     memory.o
  CC     error.o
  AR     libjansson.a
Making all in ccan
  CC     libccan_a-helpers.o
  CC     libccan_a-opt.o
  CC     libccan_a-parse.o
  CC     libccan_a-usage.o
  AR     libccan.a
  CC     cgminer-cgminer.o
In file included from cgminer.c:48:
miner.h:48:1: warning: "alloca" redefined
In file included from cgminer.c:19:
/usr/include/stdlib.h:233:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
gcc: -lpthread: linker input file unused because linking not done
  CC     cgminer-util.o
In file included from util.c:40:
In file included from util.c:14:
/usr/include/stdlib.h:233:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
  CC     cgminer-sha2.o
  CC     cgminer-api.o
In file included from api.c:28:
In file included from api.c:20:
  CC     cgminer-logging.o
In file included from logging.c:16:
In file included from ./compat/jansson/jansson.h:12,
                 from miner.h:10,
                 from logging.c:16:
  CC     cgminer-driver-opencl.o
In file included from driver-opencl.c:30:
In file included from ./ccan/opt/opt.h:6,
                 from driver-opencl.c:27:
  CC     cgminer-ocl.o
  CC     cgminer-findnonce.o
  CC     cgminer-adl.o
  CC     cgminer-usbutils.o
In file included from usbutils.c:18:
In file included from ./compat/jansson/jansson.h:12,
                 from miner.h:10,
                 from usbutils.c:18:
usbutils.c:3038: error: redefinition of 'union semun'
*** Error code 1

Stop in cgminer-3.3.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in cgminer-3.3.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in cgminer-3.3.1.

Any help appreciated.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:14:29 AM

Does anyone else have issues using USB flash drives while running CGMiner?
I have a thread here where I tried Alot to fix my USB drivers, turns out that it appears CGMiner was causing them to hang/freeze
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=267980.0

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
techwtf

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:33:29 AM

ck, please revert 3b2f9ccb or add more checks for avalon. thanks!
Zanatos666

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:26:56 PM

My problem is I have 2 video cards, and a Jalapeno all running on the same system.  1 video card is giving me problems and I want to disable it and still use the other video card AND my Jalapeno (the cards are hooked up in a watercooling rig and I was trying to prevent ripping it completely apart in order to remove the bad card from the system altogether). All of the things I tried would either let me run just the Jalapeno, or just one the one video card, not both.

Yes I understand that.  So to disable the bad GPU you need to know which device it is and then use the remove disable in conjunction with that device.

In my suggested example

"-d 0 --remove-disabled"

That would completely remove device 0 from CGMiner's knowledge and would just mine your other devices.

If your bad GPU is a different device then substitute the 0 with the correct number.
Sam

Well, thanks for your help.  I wasnt getting that result when I was trying, I behavior I was getting was both my Jalapeno and my GPU 0 were disabled (and once removed disabled was used they both disappeared).

In the mean time I shut the rig down for an hour, started it up, and set the bad card to stock settings.  Its been running fine for nearly 24hrs so Im keeping my fingers crossed on it.  If it starts acting up again I will just have to pull it and call it a day.

Thanks everyone for the help.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:18:35 PM

Well, thanks for your help.  I wasnt getting that result when I was trying, I behavior I was getting was both my Jalapeno and my GPU 0 were disabled (and once removed disabled was used they both disappeared).

In the mean time I shut the rig down for an hour, started it up, and set the bad card to stock settings.  Its been running fine for nearly 24hrs so Im keeping my fingers crossed on it.  If it starts acting up again I will just have to pull it and call it a day.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Well the only thing I can think of is that you removed-disabled the wrong device(s).  You have to know what the correct device numbering is.

I have used this method with my GPU's to mine separate instances of CGMiner to separate GPU's to separate pools and it worked fine.  Also used this method with my Block Erupters till ckolivas pointed out the --usb options which work allot better for usb devices.

Anyway, glad your working again.
Sam

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 01:48:29 AM

ck, please revert 3b2f9ccb or add more checks for avalon. thanks!
eh?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 [584] 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: