Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 363 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching  (Read 237203 times)
cryptosize

Activity: 1624
Merit: 296

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:06:13 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 08:16:33 PM by cryptosize

Hi there, I've had a problem with every miner around since the monero pow change, since the only miner I was able to use was Claymore 9.7beta without it crashing my display drivers.
I've tried xmr-stak, xmrig-amd, newer claymore's (No ASM bin found for my old card.) and about anything else that is supposed to work, I've compiled all the ones available and tried
with stock binaries on windows..

Display drivers crash no matter which version I try.. 14.4 15.7, 15.11-beta (for some reason this one is tricky to find.) Even tried the crimson edition beta which I've found out doesn't
actually include any assembler/disassembly tools for openCL.. Anywho..

Display card: AMD Ati Radeon 6530D (Evergeen or BeaverCreek as it picks it up everywhere.)
Cpu: AMD A6-3620 APU w/ the onboard 6530D

I've tried all 4 kernels out, all kill display, and of course can't get ADL to work, but I'd be highly surprised if that could even work at all anyways on this gpu.

All in all I really don't know what to do, or even try anymore.. I'd lend a hand if I could for getting what is needed to make these A-Series APUs to work.  I haven't really seen anything in
the code for the other miners like xmrig/xmr-stak that would be a problem.. But I noted for some reason Claymore is posting exact driver versions for all of their releases, and wondering
how they are able to compile against them specifically, or if that just happens to be what they were using when compiling...

Any help is appreciated, and I'd love to get back to mining on my gpu, had a ton more shares and efficiency even at 42H/s and that's better than 0 since it's on 24/7 anyways.

Here are a couple screenshots for how it's acting and what it catches, and second is showing when display was killed and came back.
https://imgur.com/a/mBtohkv

Thanks, you really are saving miner's lives with this miner and I hope you keep at it.. So I tip my hat to you Doc.

hi, remove drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, install 14.4 and try SRBMINER 1.4.6 --userkernel 4 for XMR use "normalv7"

and start with a very low intensity like 5, and only 1 thread

Ok well I used DDU and found the correct 14.4 drivers.. seems the last one wasn't actually installing for some reason.. anyways now all other miners work as well.
Only one issue really is the intensity setting, I can only go up to 2.0. 2.1 or higher kills display driver or gives the CL invalid buffer.. tried all 4 kernels and worksizes, kernel 2 seems to be the best
at 14H/s compared to 12-13H/s on 3 & 4 kernels.  I was wondering if the gpu kernels having "256" in them as being the hash size? and if so, is there a way to lower or give a CLI option to change them or
maybe a 128 version? If that isn't the case, oh well.
(126 intensity seemed to be the optimal number for xmr-stak for some odd reason, also with a 35.9H/s which isn't to far off of the original claymore 9.7's 42H/s with low intensity mode on before v7.)

Does anyone know how to keep windows and everything from being totally unusable on all these miners?
(like clay's -li low intensity mode, which doesn't seem to be related at all to actual intensity.)

Best of luck to everyone.
Keep us posted, I have the same issues with Radeon 5770.

easy, lower the intensity and problem solved
I can't even use a higher intensity in the first place.

Claymore v9.7 allows me to have 320 hash threads -> 176 H/s and with low intensity option my PC is perfectly usable for other tasks.

All other miners max out at 100 H/s and the PC is lagging hard! If I try to use intensity 320, the entire PC freezes.

And yes, I've tried 14.4 drivers.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gazu

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:12:49 PM

Hi there, I've had a problem with every miner around since the monero pow change, since the only miner I was able to use was Claymore 9.7beta without it crashing my display drivers.
I've tried xmr-stak, xmrig-amd, newer claymore's (No ASM bin found for my old card.) and about anything else that is supposed to work, I've compiled all the ones available and tried

Display drivers crash no matter which version I try.. 14.4 15.7, 15.11-beta (for some reason this one is tricky to find.) Even tried the crimson edition beta which I've found out doesn't

Display card: AMD Ati Radeon 6530D (Evergeen or BeaverCreek as it picks it up everywhere.)

I've tried all 4 kernels out, all kill display, and of course can't get ADL to work, but I'd be highly surprised if that could even work at all anyways on this gpu.

All in all I really don't know what to do, or even try anymore.. I'd lend a hand if I could for getting what is needed to make these A-Series APUs to work.  I haven't really seen anything in
the code for the other miners like xmrig/xmr-stak that would be a problem.. But I noted for some reason Claymore is posting exact driver versions for all of their releases, and wondering
how they are able to compile against them specifically, or if that just happens to be what they were using when compiling...

Any help is appreciated, and I'd love to get back to mining on my gpu, had a ton more shares and efficiency even at 42H/s and that's better than 0 since it's on 24/7 anyways.

Here are a couple screenshots for how it's acting and what it catches, and second is showing when display was killed and came back.

Thanks, you really are saving miner's lives with this miner and I hope you keep at it.. So I tip my hat to you Doc.

hi, remove drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, install 14.4 and try SRBMINER 1.4.6 --userkernel 4 for XMR use "normalv7"

Ok well I used DDU and found the correct 14.4 drivers.. seems the last one wasn't actually installing for some reason.. anyways now all other miners work as well.
Only one issue really is the intensity setting, I can only go up to 2.0. 2.1 or higher kills display driver or gives the CL invalid buffer.. tried all 4 kernels and worksizes, kernel 2 seems to be the best
at 14H/s compared to 12-13H/s on 3 & 4 kernels.  I was wondering if the gpu kernels having "256" in them as being the hash size? and if so, is there a way to lower or give a CLI option to change them or
(126 intensity seemed to be the optimal number for xmr-stak for some odd reason, also with a 35.9H/s which isn't to far off of the original claymore 9.7's 42H/s with low intensity mode on before v7.)

Does anyone know how to keep windows and everything from being totally unusable on all these miners?
(like clay's -li low intensity mode, which doesn't seem to be related at all to actual intensity.)

Claymore v9.7 allows me to have 320 hash threads -> 176 H/s and with low intensity option my PC is perfectly usable for other tasks.

All all other miners max out at 100 H/s and the PC is lagging hard! If I try to use intensity 320, the entire PC freezes.

Srbminer is helping you to use these old cards, so be patient.
cryptosize

Activity: 1624
Merit: 296

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:17:18 PM

All all other miners max out at 100 H/s and the PC is lagging hard! If I try to use intensity 320, the entire PC freezes.

I'll be patient to see if there are any other 5770 users around... Smiley
heavyarms1912

Activity: 729
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:07:32 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 03:30:35 AM by heavyarms1912

New results
Cryptonight v7 hashrate of 2020 H/s vs 1960-1965 on xmr-stak (Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers)

https://imgur.com/a/G9ZxD6Q

Vega 56 1475/1100 Mhz @ 881mV (bios mod to V64)

So far SRB miner has been rocking all Cryptonight algos for me on both Polaris and Vega.

Great job doktor83
deathlire

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:55:17 PM

I'll be patient to see if there are any other 5770 users around... Smiley

Lowering intensity on an APU has no effect, It's more like it's either on or off.. When miner runs with even lowest intensity: it takes 7 seconds to pull up start bar. On higher intensity: 7 seconds to pull up start bar.
If I had a dedicated gpu card this probably isn't the case since they are not built into cpu. I've been playing around trying to make  a kernel that runs 1/60th a second, kind of like an oscillation and it should be a fully usable desktop if the mode is enabled.. I'll keep folks posted, and if and when I get it done, I'll post the code enhancements somewhere for anyone interested.
bruslie

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:38:38 AM

hy again  Grin

@doktor83 is SRBMiner showing AMD Invalid results aswell as Acceptept total shares ?

it would be verry helpful for me to know the share time in stats ...

thx again

goodminer

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:45:51 AM

@doktor83 Please make an option for simple one bat file, where we can put all data for mining, like claymore cryptonight miner, or sgminer for example with simple commands (-o -a -w -g -I...), why separate so much config, pools, etc and so much unnecessary files??
valeravanik343

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:03:20 AM

Can someone help !  how t set difficulty on SRB 1.4.6
doktor83 (OP)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 03:46:43 AM

hy again  Grin

@doktor83 is SRBMiner showing AMD Invalid results aswell as Acceptept total shares ?

it would be verry helpful for me to know the share time in stats ...

thx again

Invalid results = HW errors in SRBminer

Also what is a share time ? Smiley

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 03:47:38 AM

@doktor83 Please make an option for simple one bat file, where we can put all data for mining, like claymore cryptonight miner, or sgminer for example with simple commands (-o -a -w -g -I...), why separate so much config, pools, etc and so much unnecessary files??

I will add that, few of you asked for it, so you will get it Smiley

doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 03:48:01 AM

that is something that is pool related, not miner.

wgestickley

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:54:21 AM

It depends from the Pool you mine. You put it after the Wallet adress and depending on the Pool it is a "+" or an ".*

WALLETADRESS.40000

or

WALLETADRESS+40000
Sgsg666

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:43:44 AM

New results
Cryptonight v7 hashrate of 2020 H/s vs 1960-1965 on xmr-stak (Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers)

https://imgur.com/a/G9ZxD6Q

Vega 56 1475/1100 Mhz @ 881mV (bios mod to V64)

So far SRB miner has been rocking all Cryptonight algos for me on both Polaris and Vega.

Great job doktor83
Can you tell me your Hs/Watt? Im currently at 1789 hs / 138 w on hwinfo64 - stable. Running Gigabyte oc vega 56 stock(hynix?) on Adrenalin 18.3.4 drivers. HBM temp at 56. (cant post pool 24 hrs confirmation since my miner recently switched to new one.)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/32442fsdfs/3_zps64jnm3ta.png
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/32442fsdfs/2_zpsbhsrhy3u.png
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h66/32442fsdfs/Capture_zpsokdgb5jj.png
Also for some reason my vega wont use fan rpm from overdrive. Is it because i tweaked my powerplay table?
aimsml

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:21:17 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 07:35:42 AM by aimsml

Doktor83 You've done a great job.
R7 370(4Gb, 1120,1500) - 525 H, R9 380(4Gb, moded Bios,1100,1625) - 780 H, RX 470(8Gb moded Bios,1200,2000) 1014. Stable operation during the day.
doktor83 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 08:02:25 AM

R9 380(4Gb, moded Bios,1100,1625) - 780 HS

Now this is awesome  Shocked

UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:51:49 AM

Claymore's CN miner 11.3 gives on my 270X 4Gb 550-551 h/s.
SRB max 546 h/s.
Not bad result, but Claymore's miner without fee and gives a bit higher speed.
SRB can't read hardware sensors from 270X, Claymore's do that...
fanisk21

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:17:05 AM

SRB max 546 h/s.

Have you tweaked itensity yet?

0% fee to 0,85% fee is not such a big difference to put a negative point on it.

And SRB is still in developing, Claymore not and that is a big difference .
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:28:49 AM

SRB max 546 h/s.

Have you tweaked itensity yet?

0% fee to 0,85% fee is not such a big difference to put a negative point on it.

And SRB is still in developing, Claymore not and that is a big difference .
Yes, I tuned the intensity. 546 - it's best result. Of course, you're right. SRB is on the development. That's why I'm here and wrote to developer ))))
ximae

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:32:29 AM

SRB max 546 h/s.

umhh my 270x is more like 470h/s with claymore, and less with srb.

what settings are you using? oc, intensity etc
fanisk21

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

Let it run for a while! On rx580 the difference is 950 Claymore to 1050 SRB

Have you tried use T= 1/2? and W=8/16?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 363 »
  Print  

Jump to: