Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 [625] 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:59:11 PM

not knowing anything about telenet, I pulled up a 'Command Prompt" (Windows)
and entered telnet us3.eclipsemc.com 3333

Didn't work
That's why I asked you

Thanks

If I use us3.eclipsemc.com:3333 on bfgminer, I see stratum in the data display
It took me a minute or two for me to realize/remember my firewall was probably blocking it.  That is why EMC offers port 443 as well which is the port ssl/tls uses.

If your using Win7 try this to get the telnet program.

Control Panel -> Programs and Features.  Turn Windows features on or off. Telnet Client.

Also I use the :3333 on Ozoin and BTCGuild and it works fine for me.  Don't know why you would be having problems unless your firewall is blocking it.  But I would think that would effect the "other mining software" as well.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:04:08 PM

not knowing anything about telenet, I pulled up a 'Command Prompt" (Windows)
and entered telnet us3.eclipsemc.com 3333

Didn't work
That's why I asked you

Thanks

If I use us3.eclipsemc.com:3333 on bfgminer, I see stratum in the data display

Try running "netstat -aon" to see if it is actually using tcp 3333.

village.idiot

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:17:47 PM

after checking telnet client I tried telnet us3.eclipsemc.com 3333 in the terminal
a line came up and then the screen cleared before I could see what it said.

Don't understand what to do with "netstat -aon"
If I run that a lot of Unix information comes up but that's just the local machine
Right?
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:21:25 PM

after checking telnet client I tried telnet us3.eclipsemc.com 3333 in the terminal

That means you can reach that port on that server.  So it is working correctly.

Make sure your Windoze firewall isn't blocking cgminer.exe or cgminer-nogpu.exe.

os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:24:23 PM

Don't understand what to do with "netstat -aon"
If I run that a lot of Unix information comes up but that's just the local machine
Right?

Run two dos boxes.  Run "netstat -aon" in one and "tasklist" in the other and compare the PID column to identify which port the "other miner" and cgminer are using.

You sure you don't just have a typo somewhere in your .bat file?

village.idiot

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:47:48 PM

Make sure your Windoze firewall isn't blocking cgminer.exe or cgminer-nogpu.exe.
The target here is to run cgminer on a Pi.
But, I guess we've further verified that the port is available on the server.  Smiley
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:52:28 PM

But, I guess we've further verified that the port is available on the server.  Smiley

Ah, right.

Yep verified the port on EMC.  Still weird that it won't accept it on port 3333.

village.idiot

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:55:00 PM

Yeah.
I've tried both command line and pool management.

Thanks for the help, though
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:48:34 PM

I was very happy to learn about the TP-Link 703n, because it was a self contained Linux box with a MIPS cpu and networking hardware built in.  Occasionally I get excited about some other hardware that I have software tools for.

I know the raspberry pi has some nice video interfacing, and is pretty inexpensive.  However, I wonder what the particular reason is that people want to run cgminer from it?

I try to be respectful and informed.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 09:04:46 PM

I'm trying to run separate cgminer instances on my machine using "-d" and "--remove-disabled" in each batch file, but regardless, the second instance always say's "devices in use" and closes. (The devices are BFL Singles)

Is there a way to accomplish this?
Those commands are largely for managing GPUs. Use the --usb command (as per readme).

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
village.idiot

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:05:43 PM

I was very happy to learn about the TP-Link 703n, because it was a self contained Linux box with a MIPS cpu and networking hardware built in.  Occasionally I get excited about some other hardware that I have software tools for.

I know the raspberry pi has some nice video interfacing, and is pretty inexpensive.  However, I wonder what the particular reason is that people want to run cgminer from it?

I can only speak for myself.
I like that it is compact and low power.
I'm not having to keep a computer running just to service the ASICs.

I've also noticed my Little Single is running more consistently.
On the Windows notebook, the ASIC fan slowing down periodically would get my attention
and the screen would show error messages until something finally got worked out and it would get back up to speed.
I'm suspecting this was a Windows issue.  I didn't run the ASICs on Linux other than the Pi.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:25:08 PM

I'm trying to run separate cgminer instances on my machine using "-d" and "--remove-disabled" in each batch file, but regardless, the second instance always say's "devices in use" and closes. (The devices are BFL Singles)

Is there a way to accomplish this?
With --usb you can say how many devices to find or how many each driver should find

So for each cgminer
 --usb BAS:1
would grab only one BAS device.

If you use
 --usb :1
it would grab the first device of any USB mining devices that you have.
(this also has the minor advantage that it stops polling for hot-plugged devices until the current device disconnects)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
gristlelump

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:55:02 PM

When attempting to mine scrypt with the latest version of CGminer I get this error  "error -56 enquequeing: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)".   The miner then procedes to disable the GPU.

I'm running a XFX 5870 HD 1GB VC on Windows XP SP3 with 2GB system ram.  the card is recognized as GPU 0 and the -n function shows it as ATI stream.  It's set to run on Give-Me-Coins pool in this fashion   

"cgminer --scrypt -o http://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 -u USER.WORKER -p PASSWORD"      via the BAT file

In between tries I delete the bin file as well as rename the conf file which I also rename as to not interfere with the BAT file.  This error also occurs when I try and run CGminer.exe through the conf file.  Running from the cmd prompt also has the same results.   I'll also add that I have no problems mining BTC with card and CGminer.  CGminer was not compiled.  I downloaded the binaries  from the main repository.  Any suggestion to solve this problem will be appreciated.

did you have?

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

in your batch file or before calling cgminer?

Funny thing about this is that I have always included this in the BAT file.  Initially the miner was just instantly shutting down no matter what I did.  I then got some help from the MOD at my mining pool and he did some research and found out that Windows XP does not natively support the SETX command.  A little bit of info that all the guides LEAVE OUT!  I had to download Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools to get the SETX function into XP which was a whole nightmare in itself (but I won't go there).  Once I got that setup incorporated the setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 into the BAT file but not the setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1.  There seems to be a lot of confusion about how to run CGminer on Windows Xp as opposed to Windows 7 or Linux systems.  If you could explain what the setx commands do it would be much appreciated!

Aurum

Activity: 453

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 11:56:56 PM

When attempting to mine scrypt with the latest version of CGminer I get this error  "error -56 enquequeing: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)".   The miner then procedes to disable the GPU.

I'm running a XFX 5870 HD 1GB VC on Windows XP SP3 with 2GB system ram.  the card is recognized as GPU 0 and the -n function shows it as ATI stream.  It's set to run on Give-Me-Coins pool in this fashion  

"cgminer --scrypt -o http://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 -u USER.WORKER -p PASSWORD"      via the BAT file

In between tries I delete the bin file as well as rename the conf file which I also rename as to not interfere with the BAT file.  This error also occurs when I try and run CGminer.exe through the conf file.  Running from the cmd prompt also has the same results.   I'll also add that I have no problems mining BTC with card and CGminer.  CGminer was not compiled.  I downloaded the binaries  from the main repository.  Any suggestion to solve this problem will be appreciated.

did you have?

Funny thing about this is that I have always included this in the BAT file.  Initially the miner was just instantly shutting down no matter what I did.  I then got some help from the MOD at my mining pool and he did some research and found out that Windows XP does not natively support the SETX command.  A little bit of info that all the guides LEAVE OUT!  I had to download Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools to get the SETX function into XP which was a whole nightmare in itself (but I won't go there).  Once I got that setup incorporated the setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 into the BAT file but not the setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1.  There seems to be a lot of confusion about how to run CGminer on Windows Xp as opposed to Windows 7 or Linux systems.  If you could explain what the setx commands do it would be much appreciated!
are useless in Windows, eliminate them and then go System Variables/Environment Variables and delete them. They're not your problem, they just do nothing for you in Windows.

Are you using a conf file??? Here's what I use for a 5830:
{
"scrypt" : true,
"intensity" : "18",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "5632",
"gpu-engine" : "800",
"gpu-memclock" : "1000",
"gpu-vddc" : "0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"auto-fan" : true,
"gpu-reorder" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "88",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-hysteresis" : "9",
"api-port" : "4028",
"hotplug" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

ghghghfgh
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:20:03 AM

[Those commands are largely for managing GPUs. Use the --usb command (as per readme).

With --usb you can say how many devices to find or how many each driver should find

So for each cgminer
 --usb BAS:1
would grab only one BAS device.

If you use
 --usb :1
it would grab the first device of any USB mining devices that you have.
(this also has the minor advantage that it stops polling for hot-plugged devices until the current device disconnects)

Thank you guys, this is working just fine.
LogicalUnit

Activity: 299

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:45:01 AM

Does anyone know if/when cgminer will support the new Blue Fury ASICs?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 02:12:27 AM

Does anyone know if/when cgminer will support the new Blue Fury ASICs?
I'm working on it for BF1 devices (red and blue are the same) since I received one. Should be in next version.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
gristlelump

Activity: 110

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:12:33 AM

When attempting to mine scrypt with the latest version of CGminer I get this error  "error -56 enquequeing: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)".   The miner then procedes to disable the GPU.

I'm running a XFX 5870 HD 1GB VC on Windows XP SP3 with 2GB system ram.  the card is recognized as GPU 0 and the -n function shows it as ATI stream.  It's set to run on Give-Me-Coins pool in this fashion  

"cgminer --scrypt -o http://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3334 -u USER.WORKER -p PASSWORD"      via the BAT file

In between tries I delete the bin file as well as rename the conf file which I also rename as to not interfere with the BAT file.  This error also occurs when I try and run CGminer.exe through the conf file.  Running from the cmd prompt also has the same results.   I'll also add that I have no problems mining BTC with card and CGminer.  CGminer was not compiled.  I downloaded the binaries  from the main repository.  Any suggestion to solve this problem will be appreciated.

did you have?

Funny thing about this is that I have always included this in the BAT file.  Initially the miner was just instantly shutting down no matter what I did.  I then got some help from the MOD at my mining pool and he did some research and found out that Windows XP does not natively support the SETX command.  A little bit of info that all the guides LEAVE OUT!  I had to download Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools to get the SETX function into XP which was a whole nightmare in itself (but I won't go there).  Once I got that setup incorporated the setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 into the BAT file but not the setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1.  There seems to be a lot of confusion about how to run CGminer on Windows Xp as opposed to Windows 7 or Linux systems.  If you could explain what the setx commands do it would be much appreciated!
are useless in Windows, eliminate them and then go System Variables/Environment Variables and delete them. They're not your problem, they just do nothing for you in Windows.

Are you using a conf file??? Here's what I use for a 5830:
{
"scrypt" : true,
"intensity" : "18",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "5632",
"gpu-engine" : "800",
"gpu-memclock" : "1000",
"gpu-vddc" : "0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"auto-fan" : true,
"gpu-reorder" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "88",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-hysteresis" : "9",
"api-port" : "4028",
"hotplug" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

tried your conf file and got this error.

Maximum buffer memory device 0 supports says 268435456
your scrypt setting come to 369098752
error -61: clCreateBuffer (padbuffer8), decrease TC or increase LG
failed to init GPU thread 0, disabling device 0
Restarting the GPU from the menu will not fix this.
Try restarting cgminer.

tried decreasing thread concurrency by cutting it in half and increased Lookup gap to 3 bu got the same -51 error mentioned above.

kentt

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 06:04:24 AM

Why do I get "Pool 0 not providing work fast enough".  I get this when I'm solo mining.  I'm solving block and so it seems like it's working, but when I get this message the block I solve per week is lower that expected (by more that 10%).  Is this a problem, that I can debug?
sexjam

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:45:21 AM

with the 3.4.3 version my accepted and rejected shares count is wrong.
Ex. in the log i see 5 or 6 shares, while the program report A:1920 R:230 ecc.ecc.

i see that the api works fine

now, i'm using the 3.1.1 version and works fine.
Pages: « 1 ... 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 [625] 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: