Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589762 times)
elzium

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:07:21 PM

So right way would be,
secondary: power all cards that it can handle only thru pcie power connectors and nothing more.
primary: everything else, mb, drives, all risers, leftover cards power.

This is not up to the topic, but I'm curious with it. My point of view is to power any card from the one source only. So, if I use USB risers, the card is not connected to the motherboard in terms of 12V power. Then, why to mix the power sources? I power 3 cards by the secondary PSU (both PCI-E and SATA/Molex) and 3 cards by the primary one. The primary PSU also powers the motherboard (both, CPU jack and additional Molex jack) and HDD. Am I doing wrong? Why?

Im not sure about usb risers but those powered ribbon extensions connect +12V directly to mb and straight to primary psu. So thats the connection shorting two psu-s and if voltages differ there's unwanted current that does nothing but stress mb and riser and atx connection. Have some risers burned but after connecting all to primary no more problems.

I've also ran rig from 3 lo-end psu-s and this way connecting all works fine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:20:44 PM

So right way would be,
secondary: power all cards that it can handle only thru pcie power connectors and nothing more.

This is not up to the topic, but I'm curious with it. My point of view is to power any card from the one source only. So, if I use USB risers, the card is not connected to the motherboard in terms of 12V power. Then, why to mix the power sources? I power 3 cards by the secondary PSU (both PCI-E and SATA/Molex) and 3 cards by the primary one. The primary PSU also powers the motherboard (both, CPU jack and additional Molex jack) and HDD. Am I doing wrong? Why?

Im not sure about usb risers but those powered ribbon extensions connect +12V directly to mb and straight to primary psu. So thats the connection shorting two psu-s and if voltages differ there's unwanted current that does nothing but stress mb and riser and atx connection. Have some risers burned but after connecting all to primary no more problems.

The USB Riser's shouldn't do that - also I don't see a reason why the powered risers should... maybe because like that they are also working when unpowered?
elzium

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:25:10 PM

The reason is that one psu will feed another thru that dumb riser.
polylogic

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:32:45 PM

So right way would be,

yes i thought of that too

but with 750w psu i cannot connect a 4th gpu

so i need to try 3x gpu + mb, sdd + all 5 usb risers on 750w
+ 3x gpu on 750w

i hope the risers dont need that much power, i should have 100w on 1st psu after mb, sdd and 3gpu, should be enough to power 5 riser

.Presale LIVE..Crypto Visa EU OUT NOW.✔ ◾ Bonus Payments.
Cashback ✔ ◾ Rainshowers ✔ ◾ Ambassador Bounty
Founding the next way of banking D E Z E N T R A L I Z E D

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3508

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:46:08 PM

Using the dual psu connection plug i have both psu sharing a ground I think it should not matter what device i power with which psu. I know servers use multiple psu and this is the reason for such plugs to exists I highly doubt that in such setups u can only use pcie connectors for power additional components, but i am no electrician so i could be totally wrong on this, but i would like to know if i have my rig setup incorrectly googling around and i do not find a definitive answer to this subject.

server PSUs are NOT setup like what we are talking about here. they have special load balance/failover circuitry.

you CAN fry stuff with multi consumer PSU setups.

but... suit yourself
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:47:00 PM

So right way would be,

yes i thought of that too

but with 750w psu i cannot connect a 4th gpu

so i need to try 3x gpu + mb, sdd + all 5 usb risers on 750w
+ 3x gpu on 750w

i hope the risers dont need that much power, i should have 100w on 1st psu after mb, sdd and 3gpu, should be enough to power 5 riser

Riser can draw upto 75w each also what 750w psu do u have with 3x2 pcie connectors?? All the psu i look at 750w has max 4 pcie connections mostly only 1000w psu have 3x2 (6) pcie connectors.
merc84

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:48:16 PM

Using the dual psu connection plug i have both psu sharing a ground I think it should not matter what device i power with which psu. I know servers use multiple psu and this is the reason for such plugs to exists I highly doubt that in such setups u can only use pcie connectors for power additional components, but i am no electrician so i could be totally wrong on this, but i would like to know if i have my rig setup incorrectly googling around and i do not find a definitive answer to this subject.

server PSUs are NOT setup like what we are talking about here. they have special load balance/failover circuitry.

but... suit yourself

As i said I am no expert so I simply ask the questions so i can understand, if you can explain the reason for this then please do so but "suit yourself" is not helpful thanks for nothing...

Edit: There seems to be some miss information going around, someone earlier posted an example that shows setup as I have currently used, if what I have setup is incorrect i would like to fix it, if you can elaborate on the reason that all powered riser should be connected from primary psu then please do so.
devlin

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:53:35 PM

So right way would be,

Two PSU will have always different voltages, and connecting two will not shorting them, only if you put them in serial..... My multimeter say +12V line is same on MB, PCI-E, CPU, etc. and I have cards who is powered from two different PSU with no problem.

Not2Smart

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:56:27 PM

Hi All,

Claymore is by far the best Eth miner I've used, many many thanks!

However, I'm having trouble with the temperature monitor/target in as much as I dont think they are being reported to Claymore.

I've got 3 x Asus R390's running at circa 30MH/s on Windows 7 64bit with Catalyst 5.12 driver.

I get no temp or frequency reports for the GPU's from Claymore or from CPU-z

The only app I can find that will report them is AIDA64.

I think it's tied up with OpenCL, using --list-devices (via Ethminer) reports all the cards ok.

Any help gratefully received.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:00:20 PM

Riser can draw upto 75w each also what 750w psu do u have with 3x2 pcie connectors?? All the psu i look at 750w has max 4 pcie connections mostly only 1000w psu have 3x2 (6) pcie connectors.

You are mistaken. I use this:

http://www.corsair.com/en/rmx-series-rm850x-850-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu

and I use it to connect 3 GPU + Mb + SSD

btcluka

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:02:01 PM

What mean Received unknown response ("json rpc", "2.0", "id": null, "result": "True")?
Because Coinotron was fine, but I have this on Coinmine.
thanks
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:07:51 PM

What mean Received unknown response ("json rpc", "2.0", "id": null, "result": "True")?
Because Coinotron was fine, but I have this on Coinmine.
thanks

Send me your command line so I can check it.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
merc84

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:18:53 PM

http://www.corsair.com/en/rmx-series-rm850x-850-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu

I said Mostly only my point being he said he is using 750w psu and i was wondering if perhaps he is using splitters or adapters for the 3rd gpu.
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:20:10 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2016, 03:45:49 PM by polylogic

I said Mostly only my point being he said he is using 750w psu and i was wondering if perhaps he is using splitters or adapters for the 3rd gpu.

this is mine
http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx750m-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-atx-psu-eu

yes i am using a adapter for 1 pcie power on one gpu

i like the rm850x
well worth the price, i hate those adapters

1 riser draws 75w or all 5? if one it would be 375w extra charge on the riser? i dont think so!?

but... suit yourself

im not sure if understand, your are talkin about the add2psu plug? i cant use them with my psu?
or talking about connecting all mainboard related hardware like riser, to the mainboard psu (1st psu)

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
merc84

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:29:12 PM

I would not be running more than 2 gpu from that psu it has a max rating of 62amps on the 12v rail. 3 gpu may well be drawing more than 62amp depending on model and clocks etc.
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:35:31 PM

I would not be running more than 2 gpu from that psu it has a max rating of 62amps on the 12v rail. 3 gpu may well be drawing more than 62amp depending on model and clocks etc.

thanks i didnt consider this.. this may be the reason why 6 gpu dont work and 5 do on my h61!?

but 5 gpu, 4 riser i only draw 883w ..

this is my gpu
http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=B520A2A6-4D37-4499-9584-B6BE8823AAC0&lang=eng
no mentions of amps on the 12v rail

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:44:31 PM

but... suit yourself

As i said I am no expert so I simply ask the questions so i can understand, if you can explain the reason for this then please do so but "suit yourself" is not helpful thanks for nothing...

Edit: There seems to be some miss information going around, someone earlier posted an example that shows setup as I have currently used, if what I have setup is incorrect i would like to fix it, if you can elaborate on the reason that all powered riser should be connected from primary psu then please do so.

my apologies. no disrespect meant.

the different psus will have slightly different 12 volt outputs. that difference can lead to current flowing between the 12 volt outputs. the current can even be backwards from normal. if that current goes through the wrong component damage can happen.

its too much to explain simply, and its easy to get away with doing it wrong. and loads of misinformation on the net, so its easy to get overloaded.
polylogic

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:49:06 PM

but... suit yourself

my apologies. no disrespect meant.

the different psus will have slightly different 12 volt outputs. that difference can lead to current flowing between the 12 volt outputs. the current can even be backwards from normal. if that current goes through the wrong component damage can happen.

its too much to explain simply, and its easy to get away with doing it wrong. and loads of misinformation on the net, so its easy to get overloaded.

you are talking about the add2psu adapter?

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
merc84

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:50:30 PM

thanks i didnt consider this.. this may be the reason why 6 gpu dont work and 5 do on my h61!?

but 5 gpu, 4 riser i only draw 883w ..

this is my gpu
http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=B520A2A6-4D37-4499-9584-B6BE8823AAC0&lang=eng
no mentions of amps on the 12v rail

Googling around suggest a 280x (same as 380x) draws upto 38 amps, the technical specs on ur 750w psu say the 12v rail is rated for 62 amps, if it is true a 280x draws upto 38 amps u could already be close to or exceeding this with just 2 gpu connected and nothing else.
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:53:14 PM

you are talking about the add2psu adapter?

just multi psu setups in general.

whats a add2psu adapter? got a link?

sorry bit busy today in this dang Real Life (tm) thingie.

EDIT: oops getting a bit OT here. sorry claymore.

anyone want to start a separate thread?
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: