Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:36:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 363 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching  (Read 237202 times)
cryptosize

Activity: 1624
Merit: 296

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:40:48 PM

Wow thank you very much. Cheesy We can expect it in the next version?
Can you give me some advice for fine tuning my r7 370-s and rx 470s for all cryptonight versions, because on all types of algos, my desktop is little freezing, even on default settings, or even a much smaller intensity.

Nothing really can help that without the kernels that are executed. This also happens on any other gpu miner as well right?

For everyone:

I'll explain a bit about OpenCL and how the "kernels" work a bit..
The kernel or "payload/work" is sent to the video card and is kind of like a singular pipe, okay that analogy sucked, but imagine
with all the "CU" Compute Units available.. the work from these kernels are sort of like threads on a miniature scale and they all
work according to the OpenCL standard (Hopefully) But it's like a faucet.. turn it on or off.. also you may need to turn down intensity
even more until you have a freeze free desktop which costs all the extra hashing power you would have had.  Remember on SRBMiner you can
use decimals so don't forget that ex: "intensity 20.3" or what have you.

I've left an earlier comment on a "low intensity" mode that is about splitting
up one big time job to do work into much smaller timed jobs and if done right, it really shouldn't have any negative impact on hashing speed,
or at least any notable impacts on it so that could be maybe be a modulation of 100ms or 1/10th a second per command queue or even smoother
by doing it roughly ~16.67ms for 1/60th a second, but I'm getting a bit to technical trying to explain it.. Anywho, a good way to perhaps implement
this would be to take an argument for say --desktop_mode <time in milliseconds> ex. --desktop_mode 25 and plug that in which would do 40 pulses_per_second.

I'm not the most intelligible on OpenCL and gpu kernel work, but to the best of my knowledge this is the only way that claymore/phoenix miners are doing this,
please correct me if I'm wrong (Which I probably am on a few things Tongue ).  Since I have no source code to these miners, I've been doing a bit of work on XMRig-amd
and testing my findings out on that.. So far I haven't got into splitting up kernel execution times, but i did turn an almost static 32H/s into 35H/s by redoing a bit
of the way the kernel maps memory.. Not sure how big of an improvement it would be on a real card, but it probably would give a good bit more hashes on other cards..
I'm only able to test with an amd radeon HD6530D APU setup and the maximum i've ever got it to do was 42H/s at a slight bit of OC on claymore and around 50H/s if i jacked
timing up to almost 700Mhz from stock 444Mhz for this cards core..(Probably wondering to yourself how that is even achieved with these old APU's?? I call it part of the good
silicon lottery.) If you have an A6-series or A4's or whatnot, I might be able to also help with clocks and suggestions...

Also if anybody would like to try and help coding for and helping SRBMiner be the serious go to for cryptonight mining with this low intensity thing and kernel work.. I'd gladly
accept the help and can set up a private git branch that we could work on that through xmrig source, if the Doktor gives an ok on doing, he could throw it into SRB with perhaps
minimal changes and nothing else will have it.  My goal as a mining hobbyist is to make these miners work on pretty much all driver versions (Except the ones like the crimson beta
which doesn't include anything to use far as i can tell...)

Drivers tested with using DDU (Without Format):
  14.4 - Confirmed as working and stable for pre-GCN cards.
  15.7 - Can only confirm that it does not work with A6-series Apu's without driver crash.
  15.11 - Also same as 15.7.
  16.2.1 - Forget about it... for pre-GCN computing.

Perhaps I should just ask Doktor if he in any way, shape, or form would like to collaborate even?  I tend to use bitbucket for it's private git repositories with things such as these.
And by the way, here is something to talk about.. not sure if there is a rant section, but people that totally pack their miners and put in disassembly code that shuts off a miner for
having any debug software going, or show's faked hashrates to ppl who use nofee or cheats as they worded it, or are those numbers not just higher in the code.. SRB i'm 99.9999% sure
there isn't any of that since we're all getting just about the same hashes on all the open sourced ones, but this seems a good bit more optimized already with more share turn in's
compared to hashes, perhaps Dok already found those memory speedups Smiley Okay, enough of my novella.. Thanks.
Thanks for the insightful post! Smiley

I have a couple of questions:

1) Has doktor83 released the source code of SRBminer?

IMHO, it's crucial to have the source code of any possible improvements, so that we don't end up with a Claymore v9.7 situation (the author has even refused BTC/ETH donations to release the source code to the community).

2) How is it possible that Claymore v9.7 can use the entire memory with 15.7.1 Catalyst driver, but other miners cannot do the same? Is there any OpenCL hack that makes 14.4 drivers redundant?

I don't even know if it's possible to copy/paste the OpenCL dll file from 14.4 to 15.7.1 or something like that to detect the memory properly...
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptosize

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:44:43 PM

wow , long post Smiley
To tell you the truth, at the moment i have more important things to improve on the miner. Yes, surely lagging is a problem, but since mining is 98% happening on rigs, where you don't need a responsive ui, it really isn't a problem Smiley

If you come up with something , surely i can integrate it, so that 2% of users can get a responsive desktop, with minimal hash drop Smiley
I wouldn't say that only 2% of users have a regular PC for mining...

The point of decentralization is to use regular PCs for mining, not building dedicated mining rigs and causing GPU shortages in the market -> price hikes -> more difficult to build a new PC (I'm stuck in that situation :\).

I'm looking forward to a "low intensity" mode and hopefully it should be open-source for all current GPU miners (xmr-stak, xmrig-amd and SRBminer).
arvonceda

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:40:18 PM

on my case...
SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.4.4 is stable
valeravanik343

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:16:17 PM

Hey, do you know how set difficulty on 1.4.6 miner  I'm mining IPBC I set port everything working fine but difficulty going up with geometrical progress like "10-20-40-80"and going up . I believe in miner 1.2.1 one of the first SRB miner you put (wallet address) . (Difficulty) how you do that on new SRB 1.4.6
UAGet

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:43:57 PM

V1.4.6, Win10 64 with 1251 codepage... What it is? Hieroglyphs?  Grin
http://scrin.org/i/18/04/20180422213808.png
deathlire

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:02:20 PM

Hey, do you know how set difficulty on 1.4.6 miner  I'm mining IPBC I set port everything working fine but difficulty going up with geometrical progress like "10-20-40-80"and going up . I believe in miner 1.2.1 one of the first SRB miner you put (wallet address) . (Difficulty) how you do that on new SRB 1.4.6

That depends on your pool, and if they have a diff setting.. it's not a miner issue.
But should be like WALLET_ADDRESS+DIFF or as you said WALLET_ADDRESS.DIFF and some even use WALLET_ADDRESS.RIG_NAME+DIFF
Look at your local pool to find out.
deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:37:26 PM

Wow thank you very much. Cheesy We can expect it in the next version?
Can you give me some advice for fine tuning my r7 370-s and rx 470s for all cryptonight versions, because on all types of algos, my desktop is little freezing, even on default settings, or even a much smaller intensity.

Nothing really can help that without the kernels that are executed. This also happens on any other gpu miner as well right?

For everyone:

I'll explain a bit about OpenCL and how the "kernels" work a bit..
The kernel or "payload/work" is sent to the video card and is kind of like a singular pipe, okay that analogy sucked, but imagine
with all the "CU" Compute Units available.. the work from these kernels are sort of like threads on a miniature scale and they all
work according to the OpenCL standard (Hopefully) But it's like a faucet.. turn it on or off.. also you may need to turn down intensity
even more until you have a freeze free desktop which costs all the extra hashing power you would have had.  Remember on SRBMiner you can
use decimals so don't forget that ex: "intensity 20.3" or what have you.

I've left an earlier comment on a "low intensity" mode that is about splitting
up one big time job to do work into much smaller timed jobs and if done right, it really shouldn't have any negative impact on hashing speed,
or at least any notable impacts on it so that could be maybe be a modulation of 100ms or 1/10th a second per command queue or even smoother
by doing it roughly ~16.67ms for 1/60th a second, but I'm getting a bit to technical trying to explain it.. Anywho, a good way to perhaps implement
this would be to take an argument for say --desktop_mode <time in milliseconds> ex. --desktop_mode 25 and plug that in which would do 40 pulses_per_second.

I'm not the most intelligible on OpenCL and gpu kernel work, but to the best of my knowledge this is the only way that claymore/phoenix miners are doing this,
please correct me if I'm wrong (Which I probably am on a few things Tongue ).  Since I have no source code to these miners, I've been doing a bit of work on XMRig-amd
and testing my findings out on that.. So far I haven't got into splitting up kernel execution times, but i did turn an almost static 32H/s into 35H/s by redoing a bit
of the way the kernel maps memory.. Not sure how big of an improvement it would be on a real card, but it probably would give a good bit more hashes on other cards..
I'm only able to test with an amd radeon HD6530D APU setup and the maximum i've ever got it to do was 42H/s at a slight bit of OC on claymore and around 50H/s if i jacked
timing up to almost 700Mhz from stock 444Mhz for this cards core..(Probably wondering to yourself how that is even achieved with these old APU's?? I call it part of the good
silicon lottery.) If you have an A6-series or A4's or whatnot, I might be able to also help with clocks and suggestions...

Also if anybody would like to try and help coding for and helping SRBMiner be the serious go to for cryptonight mining with this low intensity thing and kernel work.. I'd gladly
accept the help and can set up a private git branch that we could work on that through xmrig source, if the Doktor gives an ok on doing, he could throw it into SRB with perhaps
minimal changes and nothing else will have it.  My goal as a mining hobbyist is to make these miners work on pretty much all driver versions (Except the ones like the crimson beta
which doesn't include anything to use far as i can tell...)

Drivers tested with using DDU (Without Format):
  14.4 - Confirmed as working and stable for pre-GCN cards.
  15.7 - Can only confirm that it does not work with A6-series Apu's without driver crash.
  15.11 - Also same as 15.7.
  16.2.1 - Forget about it... for pre-GCN computing.

Perhaps I should just ask Doktor if he in any way, shape, or form would like to collaborate even?  I tend to use bitbucket for it's private git repositories with things such as these.
And by the way, here is something to talk about.. not sure if there is a rant section, but people that totally pack their miners and put in disassembly code that shuts off a miner for
having any debug software going, or show's faked hashrates to ppl who use nofee or cheats as they worded it, or are those numbers not just higher in the code.. SRB i'm 99.9999% sure
there isn't any of that since we're all getting just about the same hashes on all the open sourced ones, but this seems a good bit more optimized already with more share turn in's
compared to hashes, perhaps Dok already found those memory speedups Smiley Okay, enough of my novella.. Thanks.
Thanks for the insightful post! Smiley

I have a couple of questions:

1) Has doktor83 released the source code of SRBminer?

IMHO, it's crucial to have the source code of any possible improvements, so that we don't end up with a Claymore v9.7 situation (the author has even refused BTC/ETH donations to release the source code to the community).

2) How is it possible that Claymore v9.7 can use the entire memory with 15.7.1 Catalyst driver, but other miners cannot do the same? Is there any OpenCL hack that makes 14.4 drivers redundant?

I don't even know if it's possible to copy/paste the OpenCL dll file from 14.4 to 15.7.1 or something like that to detect the memory properly...

1.) Nope, and don't think he's going to, but never know later on.

Far as claymore 9.7 goes.. probably some shady coding he doesn't want anyone to know, or just wants to keep it away from everyone for fee's possibly, never know.

2.) I did notice on 14.4 drivers that my vram was more around 1GB and switching over to 15.7.1 it has 2047MB for some reason detected on all the other miners, but claymore did find 2047 on both drivers..
     so determining how it gets the m1 and m2 should be an easy fix, I know for a fact I only have 512MB dedicated, which is also shown in m2.. I'll have a look at which way xmrig/stak is polling the memory.  iirc this has been an issue with those for quite awhile.. I've never been able to get any miner to work without dying except for claymore on 15.7.1, and believe me I am trying to find a workaround that doesn't involve switching and mangling drivers around to make something work.

How much memory does 14.4 show you compared to 15.7.1?
deathlire

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:50:35 PM

Hello,got some question.
On v7 algo,what i should to oc between core clock or memory clock?
thank you.

core by 5-10Mhz until it's no longer stable..then if you want put a little more volts into it until stable..
once you reach where both kill it.. go back about 10Mhz and maybe even lower volts a bit..if you are going
for extreme anyways, also watch for heat..but huge heat isn't a good thing..means more power wasted..
when sometimes you can get the same with clocking lower.
thank you.
Is this for oc GPU clock or Memory clock?

GPU Clock is raised until things just refuse to work properly, then you can up the core voltage to keep going up until it is no longer stable there either.. don't raise voltage by much, since it can be devastating to your card or motherboard even..

Raising up GPU core clock until stable as normal, and then raising the memory clock until it stays stable without touching voltages may be better in your case.  Try to learn about GPU OC'ing either from tomshardware or youtube ..pretty much anywhere with google.. Hope this helps Smiley

*NOTE* Don't play with voltages until you know what you are doing seriously.  Also I hold no responsibility for what I've said in this post. Tongue
m42orion

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:49:52 PM

Hallo,

i would like to try latest srbminer with ipbc algo, but i have some problem. If I want to exit program (ctrl+c) program stop responding and hangs - after while i see in lower right corner windows popup mesage, that windows denied access to HW driver and windows hangs .... miner running ok for hours, but this happen when i want to stop it ... any suggestions?

thanx

ori
doktor83 (OP)

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 09:16:33 PM

Hallo,

i would like to try latest srbminer with ipbc algo, but i have some problem. If I want to exit program (ctrl+c) program stop responding and hangs - after while i see in lower right corner windows popup mesage, that windows denied access to HW driver and windows hangs .... miner running ok for hours, but this happen when i want to stop it ... any suggestions?

thanx

ori

yes, when you want to stop it kill it from processes then  Grin

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:27:58 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 10:26:25 PM by UnclWish

doctor, did you plan to add adl support for Pitcairn like GCN1.0 GPU's? Did you plan to add clock, voltage, fans and pw controls?

Often recieve rejected shares "Job not found" on nicehash cryptonightV7.
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:35:46 PM

I found a pretty good starting tutorial video on youtube if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y51xWpzFsPU

I like crypto
cryptosize

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:20:19 AM

Far as claymore 9.7 goes.. probably some shady coding he doesn't want anyone to know, or just wants to keep it away from everyone for fee's possibly, never know.

2.) I did notice on 14.4 drivers that my vram was more around 1GB and switching over to 15.7.1 it has 2047MB for some reason detected on all the other miners, but claymore did find 2047 on both drivers..
     so determining how it gets the m1 and m2 should be an easy fix, I know for a fact I only have 512MB dedicated, which is also shown in m2.. I'll have a look at which way xmrig/stak is polling the memory.  iirc this has been an issue with those for quite awhile.. I've never been able to get any miner to work without dying except for claymore on 15.7.1, and believe me I am trying to find a workaround that doesn't involve switching and mangling drivers around to make something work.

1) The thing is, Claymore recently removed the devfee from his miner (v11.3). Apparently he's leaving the scene, which means no more support.

It sucks that he doesn't want to release the source code...

2) 14.4 detects the entire memory, while 15.7.1 says only 384MB of VRAM is available.

I really want to know how Claymore v9.7 detects the entire memory with 15.7.1 drivers... yet another secret hiding in the closed-source binary.
locbet

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 04:06:09 AM

SRBMiner has an stats support in JSON format Huh
deathlire

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:50:52 AM

so determining how it gets the m1 and m2 should be an easy fix, I know for a fact I only have 512MB dedicated, which is also shown in m2.. I'll have a look at which way xmrig/stak is polling the memory.  iirc this has been an issue with those for quite awhile.. I've never been able to get any miner to work without dying except for claymore on 15.7.1, and believe me I am trying to find a workaround that doesn't involve switching and mangling drivers around to make something work.

1) The thing is, Claymore recently removed the devfee from his miner (v11.3). Apparently he's leaving the scene, which means no more support.

It sucks that he doesn't want to release the source code...

2) 14.4 detects the entire memory, while 15.7.1 says only 384MB of VRAM is available.

I really want to know how Claymore v9.7 detects the entire memory with 15.7.1 drivers... yet another secret hiding in the closed-source binary.

Yeah I did notice he took out the fee's at least for 3GB or under cards i think..

But how much memory do you have exactly in total when it's correct? Then I might be able to finally dig into it and see if i can get something going.
Since mines actually doing the opposite for some reason.. on 14.4 it's showing 1024 iirc, and 2047 for 15.7.1...not sure why it isn't 2048 though..
ajqjjj13

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:43:05 AM

Hi, use pre-GCN cards 5870 gpu0 65% use gpu1 100% use Because it happens?
https://pasteboard.co/HhTRNaj.png
deathlire

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:50:56 AM

Settings the same for both? and not using a crossfire situation?
ajqjjj13

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:52:58 AM

Settings the same for both? and not using a crossfire situation?

Settings same *2 not use crossfire
rinzlerus

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:50:42 AM

I am a greedy ba*tard. Why I cant use this command in .bat file anymore?
deathlire

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:58:56 AM

I am a greedy ba*tard. Why I cant use this command in .bat file anymore?

It was taken out in the past few versions.. Is 1 minute every couple hours really that bad?
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 363 »
  Print  

Jump to: