Bitcoin Forum
December 06, 2016, 12:34:36 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 830 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.9.2  (Read 4819432 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Viceroy

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:52:51 PM

i tried getting help in my own thread and mostly got ignored. those that tried to help did in some instances. This thread is much too long to find things. that being said, i'm trying to install cgminer on a virgin Ububtu box. Once i figured out that configure had to be run to compile i've started making progress. I'm now getting the error:

configure: error: Missing required libcurl dev >= 7.18.2

I have libcurl3 installed, but i don't know if that means anything in this instance.

exactly what it says... you DO NOT have a version that is greater than or equal to 7.18.2

as an option you might want to follow the link in my sig where I built a centos cgmining box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Goat says: "Bitcoin is NOT Illegal in Thailand. There is no law against Bitcoin in Thailand!"
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trongersoll

Activity: 448

Retired Software Engineer

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:07:51 PM

i tried getting help in my own thread and mostly got ignored. those that tried to help did in some instances. This thread is much too long to find things. that being said, i'm trying to install cgminer on a virgin Ububtu box. Once i figured out that configure had to be run to compile i've started making progress. I'm now getting the error:

I have libcurl3 installed, but i don't know if that means anything in this instance.

exactly what it says... you DO NOT have a version that is greater than or equal to 7.18.2

as an option you might want to follow the link in my sig where I built a centos cgmining box.

Do you really think this response was helping? I understand that people who regularly do support get tired of, what to them, seems like stupid/simple questions. a proper response would have been to tell me how to get/install the missing part. Implying that i can't read was no help, and referring to your canned installation using a different flavor of Linux didn't help either. I hate to be short with people that i am begging for help, but,  really.

*insert appropriate begging line here* 
BTC: 1CS6AV7VnjcPLxaTFoUhTjXK4mQCTzfSxE
Doge: DB22tiynvXKg7SyPpnH9jyfitKLTZb6ejc
streetuff

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:10:19 PM

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:16:09 PM

Do you really think this response was helping? I understand that people who regularly do support get tired of, what to them, seems like stupid/simple questions. a proper response would have been to tell me how to get/install the missing part. Implying that i can't read was no help, and referring to your canned installation using a different flavor of Linux didn't help either. I hate to be short with people that i am begging for help, but,  really.

Mining isn't for everyone.  The author of cgminer mostly does this in his spare time, relying on contributions from users to keep the development going.

Linux certainly isn't for everyone.  I'm a computer geek, and I can't stand linux.  Every year or so I try it again, and I end up getting too frustrated with the nonsensical parts of it and go back to Windows.  I simply don't have the time to put into figuring out all the intricacies of linux and figuring out why something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

So, if you can't figure out how to compile on a platform that requires compiling, you're at the mercy of the linux geeks to help.  If you don't like that, perhaps you shouldn't be using linux.

M

MMinerMonitor author, monitor/auto/schedule reboots/alerts/remote/MobileMiner for Ants and Spondoolies! Latest (5.2). MPoolMonitor author, monitor stats/workers for most pools, global BTC stats (current/nxt diff/USD val/hashrate/calc)! Latest (v4.2) 
Buyer beware of Bitmain hardware and services.
FreedomCoin

Activity: 518

Freedom to choose

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:21:40 PM

Mining isn't for everyone.  The author of cgminer mostly does this in his spare time, relying on contributions from users to keep the development going.

Linux certainly isn't for everyone.  I'm a computer geek, and I can't stand linux.  Every year or so I try it again, and I end up getting too frustrated with the nonsensical parts of it and go back to Windows.  I simply don't have the time to put into figuring out all the intricacies of linux and figuring out why something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

So, if you can't figure out how to compile on a platform that requires compiling, you're at the mercy of the linux geeks to help.  If you don't like that, perhaps you shouldn't be using linux.

M

i got past the compiling issues but it seems drivers are still to blame with mine... why would one card mine and the other wouldnt.. eventhough cgminer says both are mining? would a driver issue still show both cards with the -n option?

Buy the dip
Trongersoll

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:28:02 PM

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

Thank you so much! that was a big help.

now i'm getting:

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED
configure: error: No mining configured in

where do i get the OpenCL, my video is Radeon HD 6290 if that makes a difference.

streetuff

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:30:05 PM

you dont have opencl installed....

did you read.... https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/linux-usb-cgminer ?
klotzenhotz

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:32:29 PM

Hi,

just started to use cgminer a few days ago. It's amazing! gpu engine and max-temp parameters are just great for me. But I'm looking for a special function, maybe somebody could help: I would like to schedule the setting for max temperature: for example 75 °C at day and 80 °C at night. Would that work - and if, how? My mining computer stands in an office room, so at day (especially in summer) it must have lower temperatures. At night they can be higher, when nobody is there.

Anyone an idea?

I don't think there is a scheduling function in CGMiner, at least I haven't seen any reference to scheduling in the documentation in the top post of this thread.

Unless your changing your engine clocks, your GPU's are generating the same amount of waste heat whether your target temp is 75c or 80c.  At 80 your fans will just have to work less as they won't have to spin up to a higher speed.  So I would think you would want to have the higher temp during the day so that the fans don't make as much noise.

At any rate I think changing your target temp will have little effect on the temperature in the room.
Sam

That's correct what you wrote. But I've set the fan to a fixed speed. It's much less disturbing than driving the speeds up and down. So the temperature is just being controlled by engine clock. I noticed that there actually is a difference between e.g. 75 °C and 80 °C in the room. My idea was to raise temps and therefore engine clock at night.
Marrs

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:05:34 PM

My idea was to raise temps and therefore engine clock at night.

The API doesn't support setting temp-target, so you'll have to write a script that terminates any running cgminer and then restarts it with a temp-target based on the current time. Then schedule that script to run when you want the targets changed.

The details of doing that depend on what OS you are using.
Trongersoll

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:09:44 PM

you dont have opencl installed....

did you read.... https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/linux-usb-cgminer ?

This was a big help, thanks. I had glanced at it before but didn't think it applied because, 1. i'm not making a USB based setup. i have several harddrives that i'm not using for anything so i threw one in the machine. 2. i don't know or understand what git is.

I really feel like i've made progress today, thank you to all. the rig i'm building is an under $200 machine that i'm using to see just how involved i want to get in this.

Trongersoll

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:19:08 PM

M

heh, I'm a computer Geek as well. i got my B.S. in Comp Sci in 1979. I first used Unix as a user in the early 80's. Around 2003 i even wrote a Linux device driver for a specialized PCI board. The thing is i've been retired for 7 years and things have changed. I'm just going through startup pains at the moment. i had never seen ./configure before i was expecting a make file to do the build. Things have change enough that i'm basically starting over with Linux.

tiktoc

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

git just equals a better/fancy code version repository based on cvs which you may have used Smiley

http://cheat.errtheblog.com/s/git

two main commands you want

git clone giturl  (makes a clone of a git repository)
git checkout  branch/verison  (changes to a different branch/version in you local copy of the repository)eg in the bitcoin one master has all the latest pulls(patches) that have been accepted, version 0.8.1 was the lastest release
Humanxlemming

Activity: 142

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:07:25 PM

Hey

Do you know when you will be adding bfl asic or do you only know that avalon works?
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 180

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:10:37 PM

3.0.1 took my prior problems with 2.11.4 and 3.0.0 and made them even worse now, instead of getting hardware errors from my 5870 and the other card running fine 3.0.1 errors out before it even starts hashing with a cgminer.exe has stopped working windows.

EDIT:
It appears the crashing out before it starts issue only happens with the 7zip file. The regular zip file starts fine, although it still hasn't fix the GPU1: invalid nonce - HW error  I mentioned earlier. That started in 2.11.4

re-post:
cgminer 2.11.4 and 3.0.0 I get an error GPU1 invalid nonce: HW error on my radeon hd 5870 runs fine under 2.11.3, even looks like it's producing normal hashes on the other 2 versions all the averages look right the 5s and avg  values show what both of my cards together produce, except the 5870 is all HW error's and not sending shares to the pool for that card. Other card is a 7970 if that matters. Running windows 7 x64. Not sure what changed between 2.11.3 and 2.11.4+ to cause this problem.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:33:45 PM

Hey

Do you know when you will be adding bfl asic or do you only know that avalon works?
I'll add BFL SC when I get one Tongue

Supposedly posted to me only a day ago ... no idea who got the other of the first 2 almost a week ago - I guess BFL wasn't all that interested in getting the most used miner software working with their devices first (though as I've said before they probably could have had problems sorted a week earlier if they'd started with cgminer first)

I've already written the basic driver, but I don't intend to brick people's ASICs by sending out untested code ... be wary of cheap imitations ...

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
pekv2

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:42:58 PM

Thanks for the update and the hard work, ckolivas.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 1988

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 11:06:26 PM

Thanks for the update and the hard work, ckolivas.
You're most welcome  Smiley

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
Pooled mine at kano.is, solo mine at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:12:48 AM

I just updated my drivers to 13.4, and CGMiner can't compile some of the .cl kernels into .bin files. Specifically: poclbm, phatk, and diakgcn all work, but diablo and scrypt do not. Program just crashes with no error message, but with -D -T --verbose, it is during the kernel compile portion.

Gigabyte 7970
Win8x64
13.4 drivers
OpenCL 1.2 <1124.4>
CGMiner 3.0.1

Doesn't affect me much, as poclbm gives me the best results, but I figured I'd let you know.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
eroxors

Activity: 756

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:57:35 AM

Two questions.

1. Can you run scrypt and sha256 on different threads on the same GPU in one instance of cgminer or is a 2nd instance required?

2. When the number of shaders is flagged at a lower amount than available, are only the number of shaders specified utilized?

I'm specifically wondering if, for example, a 5770 could have its shaders halved and 400 could mine scrypt and utilize the majority of the card's memory while the other 400 mine sha256.

Just curious! Thanks!

Don't get caught up in the game and have a nice day!
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 1918

https://keybase.io/bitpop

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 05:22:15 AM

You need 2 instances if it works at all

Reputation  |  PGP  |  DigitalOcean  |  OpenVPN 2GB Free  |  TorGuard  |  Ethereum Classic
Bitcoin: 3DSh6AnmvBpDJFUz2mnLirMLmTMcFs9nDm
Bitmessage: BM-2cXN9j8NFT2n1FxDVQ6HQq4D4MZuuaBFyb
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 830 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.