Bitcoin Forum
December 04, 2016, 08:14:51 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 830 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.9.2  (Read 4816371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 1988

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 11:35:39 PM

Psst, it's now in the GPU-README  Wink

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
Pooled mine at kano.is, solo mine at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:58:59 PM

is cgminer scanning usb periodically while running? i noticed my Haupauge HD-PVR keeps locking up when running cgminer. if it is, can it be disabled under windows?
--hotplug 0

This gave me an idea, that cgminer was locking up this icon, and indeed, cgminer is locking up this icon, after I eject my android.
If I restart my pc, then plug in my android via usb, then right click this icon, click eject, then click the icon again, it goes away. The second after I start cgminer, plug in my android, right click the icon, eject, click the icon, the icon does not go away, I have to restart the pc.

The icon.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i43y56dtlrg2ny/Safely%20Remove.jpg

Any suggestions?

I've added
Code:
"hotplug" : "0",
to my cgminer.conf
If you --usb :0 then it won't even look at USB other than to call the standard libusb_init(NULL);
(and wont mine on any BAS,BFL,MMQ USB devices)
So you can at least work out if your problem is caused by libusb or some other program.
Though I will point out that on my linux desktop mining with a BFL and a BAJ, I regularly plug in and pull out 2xSamsung (GS1 and GS3) Androids and an iPhone3 and have no problems at all - but that is linux not windows ...

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:24:05 AM

Hey guys !
got a problem with my fpga ... I got an Icarus compatible FPGA and have installed the windows driver using zadig utility. problem is that cgminer doesn't see the fpgas ...
any clue ? Windows sees them ok.

Thanks, Alex
Ironically Icarus is the only driver that has currently NOT been converted to direct USB. It is in the process of being rewritten but the current cgminer release uses the ftdi driver for Icarus compatible hardware.

thanks for the quick reply ! what would be a ftdi driver ? Smiley kinda new to fpgas ... had gpus thus far.

so ... will it work ? or not yet with 3.1.1 and must revert to older version ?
Sorry - the Icarus isn't actually the FTDI driver, it's ... something else ... now trying to remember ... been a long time since I plugged my Icarus into a windows box ...

Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port

The windows serial-USB driver is here:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

Interesting that they seem to have dropped Windows 8 support for certain versions of the chip ........

Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
pekv2

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:40:37 AM

If you --usb :0 then it won't even look at USB other than to call the standard libusb_init(NULL);
So you can at least work out if your problem is caused by libusb or some other program.
Though I will point out that on my linux desktop mining with a BFL and a BAJ, I regularly plug in and pull out 2xSamsung (GS1 and GS3) Androids and an iPhone3 and have no problems at all - but that is linux not windows ...

Disregard, just now, come to find out cgminer had nothing to do with it. I use openVPN GUI, and that is the culprit. I start OpenVPN GUI prior to doing anything internet related. If I shut it down, then that icon goes away.

I will delete my post. Sorry guys.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:05:12 AM

Disregard, just now, come to find out cgminer had nothing to do with it. I use openVPN GUI, and that is the culprit. I start OpenVPN GUI prior to doing anything internet related. If I shut it down, then that icon goes away.

I will delete my post. Sorry guys.
No worries.
Good to know the cause if it happens to someone else.

SystemDisc

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:40:10 AM

CGminer crashes when I start it on windows. Any ideas why? (inb4 "you're using windows")

Catalyst 13.4; AMD APP SDK 2.8; I'm using the "cgminer-3.1.1-windows" precompiled binaries; 64bit Windows 7 SP1
AMD HD Radeon 6850

It works fine on linux.

Which driver version and APP SDK is recommended for running cgminer on windows with an AMD Radeon HD 6850? Thanks for your help so far Smiley

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/README

It's in the FAQ section.
Psst, it's now in the GPU-README  Wink

Thanks for being so helpful!!! I really appreciate it! Sorry if my questions were kind of 'newb-ish'

I found it here: GPU-README under Q: Which AMD SDK is the best for cgminer? and Q: Which AMD driver is the best?

I tried the versions listed, so I was a bit confused. Then, I noticed "Windows has a nasty history of not cleanly uninstalling files so you may have to use third party tools like driversweeper to remove old versions." under Q: cgminer crashes immediately on startup.

Again, thanks for all the help Cheesy

EDIT: I had one more question. Does anyone know which AMD Driver introduced support for the Radeon HD 7970 (I assume I'll just have to experiment with the drivers that AMD has released)? I'm going to add that into my computer soon.
lemonys

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:55:08 AM

EDIT: I had one more question. Does anyone know which AMD Driver introduced support for the Radeon HD 7970 (I assume I'll just have to experiment with the drivers that AMD has released)? I'm going to add that into my computer soon.

I went through some trial an error with my first 7970 and I think 12.3 was the first version I found that worked.  12.4 is more stable, though. I have a rig with 5850s and 7970s and 12.4 (and the SDK that came with it) was the least 'problematic' to run both.
SystemDisc

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:00:23 AM

I went through some trial an error with my first 7970 and I think 12.3 was the first version I found that worked.  12.4 is more stable, though. I have a rig with 5850s and 7970s and 12.4 (and the SDK that came with it) was the least 'problematic' to run both.

So you didn't install AMD APP SDK, just the AMP APP SDK Runtime that came with Catalyst 12.4? I'm really glad someone's had a similar situation. My rig will have a 7970 and a 6850. It currently just has a 6850.

EDIT: It's working beautifully, now (similarly to how it runs whilst in linux). Thanks Smiley (Installed Catalyst 12.4 with its included AMD APP SDK Runtime (I did not install a separate AMP APP SDK))
induktor

Activity: 522

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:16:46 AM

Hello

I have it working (last version, on a USB persistent flash drive, xubuntu 12.04), but i notice a couple of things:

when I change gpu parameters (Voltage, GPU and RAM) and then go to settings Write config file, that info is not written in the cgminer.conf

so I edited the file manually and now, when i start the program it reads it properly, so far so good.

now I don't know how to save the --auto-fan --auto-gpu in the cgminer.conf, it is not in the README or i missed it entirely Smiley
can you please tell me how to do that in the cgminer.conf so I don't need to use the switches when i start the program?

thank you

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:41:05 AM

Hello

I have it working (last version, on a USB persistent flash drive, xubuntu 12.04), but i notice a couple of things:

when I change gpu parameters (Voltage, GPU and RAM) and then go to settings Write config file, that info is not written in the cgminer.conf

so I edited the file manually and now, when i start the program it reads it properly, so far so good.

now I don't know how to save the --auto-fan --auto-gpu in the cgminer.conf, it is not in the README or i missed it entirely Smiley
can you please tell me how to do that in the cgminer.conf so I don't need to use the switches when i start the program?

thank you

It is safer to not write settings that are changed dynamically so cgminer will only write values for clocking to the config file if you have passed it from the menu.

Others are as per any on/off type settings:
"auto-gpu": true,
etc

-ck
Blisk

Activity: 312

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:20:52 AM

Now finally I can reply here.....

I have a problem because of overheating PC and it shuts down because of that what can I do to prevent this, to make cgminer use less gpu when temperature start to rise to shut down?
I have this flags set
-I d --auto-fan --real-quiet --gpu-dyninterval 4

And when I work on pc I have this flags but still fans on graphic cards runs almost on 80%
-I d --auto-fan --real-quiet --gpu-dyninterval 1

Thank's for helping

KrLos

Activity: 586

Help us grow! http://bitcoincolombia.org!!!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:48:11 AM

idk why, i can't get mi pc work with any update since 3.0.0 i open my bats for mining scrypt, and no luck, just cgminer crash...

i'm thinking in formating my pc...

BTC -> 1KrLosqNuWW5eSPYqX2eLTsaXYkzS3RfSR
Check out how Bitcoin Colombia is going! https://www.facebook.com/bitcoincol
Invest on some Woodshares http://woodshares.co/
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:09:34 AM

Thought I'd post this here also for anyone interested Smiley

Firstly, yes a dev unit, I'm one of the people friedcat contacted last year about sending out dev units

My ASICMINER USB Erupter showed up about an hour ago.
Been playing with the Icarus timing settings still not quite got it right yet.

Obviously yes I'm getting around 300MH/s out of it.

Currently best settings are for anyone wondering while I sort it out:
--icarus-options 115200:2:1 --icarus-timing short

A pic or 2 Smiley Click for bigger

Edit: the USB chip is: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x UART Bridge / myAVR mySmartUSB light

OK after messing with it for quite a while, I've decided that the optimal settings to use for my one for now are:

--icarus-options 115200:2:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=80

It's definitely getting around 300MH/s (or more) but I'd need to let it run for a few hours at least to get a rough idea.

The MH/s that my Icarus driver reports is affected by the timing numbers - if the 3.0ns number is wrong (which it is) it will affect the reported MH/s
Best way to get an unbiased slightly under-estimate timing is U: after at least a few hours (a day or two is best) - since U: is what you get paid for Smiley

Here's a screen grab after running for 10 minutes

Had 1 hardware error in there.
Seems it might get as many as a few an hour - we'll see.
Mine has no heat sink and gets hot to touch so that may be part of it.
... and after asking friedcat about the internals of the chip ... another adjustment to the settings:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=80

After I let this run for at least a few hours I should see how far above 300MH/s it really is - coz it certainly seems to be above 300.

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1806

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:46:09 PM

For FPGA/ASIC devices, is it possible to change the frequency on the fly like GPU? (Temperature based frequency adjustment) Or you have to restart the cgminer process?

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:15:31 PM

For FPGA/ASIC devices, is it possible to change the frequency on the fly like GPU? (Temperature based frequency adjustment) Or you have to restart the cgminer process?
Currently the only one that cgminer adjusts the frequency is the MMQ.
cgminer itself adjusts that so it is as high as possible but stays under 1% errors.
You can also set it via the API e.g. java API "pgaset|0,clock,210"

BFL SC's as yet don't have a frequency adjustment.

The Avalon code doesn't currently support changing it while running.

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:35:50 PM

cgminer itself adjusts that so it is as high as possible but stays under 1% errors.

I guess by this you say it would be possible to implement and that it could improve the machine if done right
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:41:52 PM

I have a problem mining on latest 3.1.1 client crashes every time trying to load miner configs and .bat configs and can not mine and have had to goto 3.0.0

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:51:03 PM

I guess by this you say it would be possible to implement and that it could improve the machine if done right
For Avalon, yes, for BFL SC, no.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:51:36 PM

I have a problem mining on latest 3.1.1 client crashes every time trying to load miner configs and .bat configs and can not mine and have had to goto 3.0.0
More information required.

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 11:03:00 PM

Usual story, likely you've changed drivers or sdk in the interim and the only reason the old one works is it already has generated .bin files from the old sdk installation.

-ck
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 830 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.