Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:04:19 AM

Hi,

just started to use cgminer a few days ago. It's amazing! gpu engine and max-temp parameters are just great for me. But I'm looking for a special function, maybe somebody could help: I would like to schedule the setting for max temperature: for example 75 °C at day and 80 °C at night. Would that work - and if, how? My mining computer stands in an office room, so at day (especially in summer) it must have lower temperatures. At night they can be higher, when nobody is there.

Anyone an idea?

I don't think there is a scheduling function in CGMiner, at least I haven't seen any reference to scheduling in the documentation in the top post of this thread.

Unless your changing your engine clocks, your GPU's are generating the same amount of waste heat whether your target temp is 75c or 80c.  At 80 your fans will just have to work less as they won't have to spin up to a higher speed.  So I would think you would want to have the higher temp during the day so that the fans don't make as much noise.

At any rate I think changing your target temp will have little effect on the temperature in the room.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
midnight

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:37:36 AM

is there any way to "specify share difficulty" in cgminer, in .conf file maybe? i switched to P2Pool on stratum and was wondering if i can change to diff2 shares instead of diff1? or does it even matter?
If you use stratum and make over 1 diff1 share per second it will rise automagically.
You can add /n or +n at end of username to get share diff=n
It is useful only on high power or you need lower data stream miner<>pool.
thanks for response, thats what i thought but btc guild say over 2ghs is diff2 but p2pool stays on diff1, oh well works fine i guess
is there any way to "specify share difficulty" in cgminer, in .conf file maybe? i switched to P2Pool on stratum and was wondering if i can change to diff2 shares instead of diff1? or does it even matter?

P.S. Cgminer is the best miner out there in my opinion. Con keep up the great work!!!!
Thanks! Much nicer than the same newbie questions over and over again Smiley

Alas it's not up to stratum or cgminer to set difficulty as there is no official way to do so (yet?). Though some pools allow you to specify by the password field instead as you can see from rav3n_pl's  response.
yes thank you both Smiley i understand some pools have that feature, seeing as ASICS are coming we will have greatly varying hash rates so being able to select difficulty in cgminer or stratum might be needed , I for one think mining should go back to its roots and steer away from pools but i could be wrong though.
Subo1977

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:32:46 AM

Hello,

i have a problem with cg 3.0.0:

pool 2 JSON stratum auth failed: (unknown reason)

{
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://mining.eligius.st:3334",
      "user" : "MYBTCADRESS",
      "pass" : "123"
   }

the same config runs with cgminer 2.11.4 without Problems

X       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo    X▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀███████
█████▀████░░░░░░▄████
█████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░▄████████
████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████████▀█▀██████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀████████
██████▄▄░░▄▄▄░░███████
████████░░███░░███████
████████░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░███▄░░██████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░░██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
█████████▄█▄██████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
X[[]]X
juhakall

Activity: 657

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:09:52 PM

Hello,

{
   }

Try the latest git master version, this should be fixed now. Or you can wait for a new release.

I'm currently developing an experimental social AI platform
Subo1977

Activity: 344

Flixxo - Watch, Share, Earn!

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:29:46 PM

Hello,

{
   }

Try the latest git master version, this should be fixed now. Or you can wait for a new release.

Thanks,

I build the latest Git on W32 and its all ok. :-)

X       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo    X▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀███████
█████▀████░░░░░░▄████
█████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░▄████████
████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████████▀█▀██████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀████████
██████▄▄░░▄▄▄░░███████
████████░░███░░███████
████████░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░███▄░░██████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░░██████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
█████████▄█▄██████████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
X[[]]X
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:34:33 PM

New version: 3.0.1, 25th April 2013

Windows and osx hotfix updates only. Linux users need not upgrade and I've left the 3.0.0 built linux tarballs in the top directory just to confuse people so they could come here and ask why there isn't a 3.0.1 build.

Human readable changelog:

- Fix for not being able to mine on a small number of pools with stratum on windows.
- Fix for crashes on any OSX machines with more than 1 GPU.

Full changelog:

- Bypass attempting to read and save binary files on OSX to avoid crashes on >1
GPU.
- Receive failures in recv_line should unconditionally fail.
- Use sock_blocks in api.c
- Use sock_blocks function for stratum send and receive.
- Create an OS specific sock_blocks function.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:43:59 PM

I've left the 3.0.0 built linux tarballs in the top directory just to confuse people so they could come here and ask why there isn't a 3.0.1 build.
You evil bastard you.   Cool

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:34:50 PM

Hey tiktoc,

Nope it runs dual 5870Ms stock speeds the cards should be getting 150mhash each and OCed 185ish mhash.

bump for help.... when i specify to use one card of the other, it seems only the left card gets used as the right side dosnt even get warm.. not sure if its a cgminer glitch, driver issue or hardware problem :-/ still trying to work it out.

Driver baby.

If it was a driver issue would both video cards show using the -n switch?

bump for support

wow this CGMiner thread seems to be avoiding me like the black plauge. thanks alot guys   Huh

rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 05:40:49 PM

New version: 3.0.1, 25th April 2013
(...) - Fix for not being able to mine on a small number of pools with stratum on windows.
(...)
TYVM Smiley Goodbye fix-protocol Smiley

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:49:44 PM

i tried getting help in my own thread and mostly got ignored. those that tried to help did in some instances. This thread is much too long to find things. that being said, i'm trying to install cgminer on a virgin Ububtu box. Once i figured out that configure had to be run to compile i've started making progress. I'm now getting the error:

configure: error: Missing required libcurl dev >= 7.18.2

I have libcurl3 installed, but i don't know if that means anything in this instance.

oh, and is there a command that i can run to identify which radian gpu i have? i want to see if the hardware thinks it is what i think it is.
Viceroy

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:52:51 PM

i tried getting help in my own thread and mostly got ignored. those that tried to help did in some instances. This thread is much too long to find things. that being said, i'm trying to install cgminer on a virgin Ububtu box. Once i figured out that configure had to be run to compile i've started making progress. I'm now getting the error:

I have libcurl3 installed, but i don't know if that means anything in this instance.

exactly what it says... you DO NOT have a version that is greater than or equal to 7.18.2

as an option you might want to follow the link in my sig where I built a centos cgmining box.
Trongersoll

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:07:51 PM

exactly what it says... you DO NOT have a version that is greater than or equal to 7.18.2

as an option you might want to follow the link in my sig where I built a centos cgmining box.

Do you really think this response was helping? I understand that people who regularly do support get tired of, what to them, seems like stupid/simple questions. a proper response would have been to tell me how to get/install the missing part. Implying that i can't read was no help, and referring to your canned installation using a different flavor of Linux didn't help either. I hate to be short with people that i am begging for help, but,  really.
streetuff

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:10:19 PM

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:16:09 PM

Do you really think this response was helping? I understand that people who regularly do support get tired of, what to them, seems like stupid/simple questions. a proper response would have been to tell me how to get/install the missing part. Implying that i can't read was no help, and referring to your canned installation using a different flavor of Linux didn't help either. I hate to be short with people that i am begging for help, but,  really.

Mining isn't for everyone.  The author of cgminer mostly does this in his spare time, relying on contributions from users to keep the development going.

Linux certainly isn't for everyone.  I'm a computer geek, and I can't stand linux.  Every year or so I try it again, and I end up getting too frustrated with the nonsensical parts of it and go back to Windows.  I simply don't have the time to put into figuring out all the intricacies of linux and figuring out why something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

So, if you can't figure out how to compile on a platform that requires compiling, you're at the mercy of the linux geeks to help.  If you don't like that, perhaps you shouldn't be using linux.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:21:40 PM

Mining isn't for everyone.  The author of cgminer mostly does this in his spare time, relying on contributions from users to keep the development going.

Linux certainly isn't for everyone.  I'm a computer geek, and I can't stand linux.  Every year or so I try it again, and I end up getting too frustrated with the nonsensical parts of it and go back to Windows.  I simply don't have the time to put into figuring out all the intricacies of linux and figuring out why something doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

So, if you can't figure out how to compile on a platform that requires compiling, you're at the mercy of the linux geeks to help.  If you don't like that, perhaps you shouldn't be using linux.

M

i got past the compiling issues but it seems drivers are still to blame with mine... why would one card mine and the other wouldnt.. eventhough cgminer says both are mining? would a driver issue still show both cards with the -n option?

Trongersoll

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:28:02 PM

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

Thank you so much! that was a big help.

now i'm getting:

Configuration Options Summary:

curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED
configure: error: No mining configured in

where do i get the OpenCL, my video is Radeon HD 6290 if that makes a difference.
streetuff

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:30:05 PM

you dont have opencl installed....

did you read.... https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/linux-usb-cgminer ?
klotzenhotz

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:32:29 PM

Hi,

just started to use cgminer a few days ago. It's amazing! gpu engine and max-temp parameters are just great for me. But I'm looking for a special function, maybe somebody could help: I would like to schedule the setting for max temperature: for example 75 °C at day and 80 °C at night. Would that work - and if, how? My mining computer stands in an office room, so at day (especially in summer) it must have lower temperatures. At night they can be higher, when nobody is there.

Anyone an idea?

I don't think there is a scheduling function in CGMiner, at least I haven't seen any reference to scheduling in the documentation in the top post of this thread.

Unless your changing your engine clocks, your GPU's are generating the same amount of waste heat whether your target temp is 75c or 80c.  At 80 your fans will just have to work less as they won't have to spin up to a higher speed.  So I would think you would want to have the higher temp during the day so that the fans don't make as much noise.

At any rate I think changing your target temp will have little effect on the temperature in the room.
Sam

That's correct what you wrote. But I've set the fan to a fixed speed. It's much less disturbing than driving the speeds up and down. So the temperature is just being controlled by engine clock. I noticed that there actually is a difference between e.g. 75 °C and 80 °C in the room. My idea was to raise temps and therefore engine clock at night.
Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:05:34 PM

My idea was to raise temps and therefore engine clock at night.

The API doesn't support setting temp-target, so you'll have to write a script that terminates any running cgminer and then restarts it with a temp-target based on the current time. Then schedule that script to run when you want the targets changed.

The details of doing that depend on what OS you are using.
Trongersoll

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:09:44 PM

you dont have opencl installed....

did you read.... https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/linux-usb-cgminer ?

This was a big help, thanks. I had glanced at it before but didn't think it applied because, 1. i'm not making a USB based setup. i have several harddrives that i'm not using for anything so i threw one in the machine. 2. i don't know or understand what git is.

I really feel like i've made progress today, thank you to all. the rig i'm building is an under $200 machine that i'm using to see just how involved i want to get in this.
Pages: « 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 [481] 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: