Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589788 times)
Abcederian

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:45:38 PM

Thanks Parmatiya
I will do that dannygroove

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malandante

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:11:50 PM

I don't use windows. Compared to stock ethminer I still don't know, would need more stable time to check. And finally after several hours the miner has crashed on all my rigs and they have stopped mining Sad

I think I will put up a script to check if the miner is working and if it is not, will relaunch it.

I will try to test it under ubuntu and GenEthOS, will report back if i find something usefull.
You didn't mentioned drivers version your ubuntu is running, 15.12?

I had 15.20 and now I'm finishing to install 15.30 which I believe is 15.12 in linux. I will give it another round and I will report.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:23:50 PM

So, I''m not sure if anybody else has experienced this, but I have noticed a rather large difference in hashrate when using -allcoins 1. Before, on my single 270x sapphire, I was running ~12.5-13 Mhs for Eth and ~180-195 Mhs for Dcr. After deciding to give EXP+DCR a go, I had to enable -allcoins 1. Now suddenly I have 16.69 Mhs for Eth/Exp and 250 Mhs dcr... both absolutely stable.

Obviously I'm not complaining about the gain, just confused as to why? My current theory:
When using allcoins, the DEVFEE is taken from the default pool list in the included txt file. These are pools the dev already uses, and therefor withdrawls would happen more often, making the fee more liquid to the dev and making min withdrawl easier to reach. I assume because of this we get an extra boost to speed?
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:29:55 PM

So, I''m not sure if anybody else has experienced this, but I have noticed a rather large difference in hashrate when using -allcoins 1. Before, on my single 270x sapphire, I was running ~12.5-13 Mhs for Eth and ~180-195 Mhs for Dcr. After deciding to give EXP+DCR a go, I had to enable -allcoins 1. Now suddenly I have 16.69 Mhs for Eth/Exp and 250 Mhs dcr... both absolutely stable.

Obviously I'm not complaining about the gain, just confused as to why? My current theory:
When using allcoins, the DEVFEE is taken from the default pool list in the included txt file. These are pools the dev already uses, and therefor withdrawls would happen more often, making the fee more liquid to the dev and making min withdrawl easier to reach. I assume because of this we get an extra boost to speed?

You are mining ETH at 16.69 MHs with a 270x? Can please elaborate a bit on that?

I have six of those and only one goes above 15 MHs, the rest runs at ~13 MHs

nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:33:35 PM

could be because the DAG file is smaller on EXP then what ETH's currently is.
l8nit3
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 11:57:43 PM

You are mining ETH at 16.69 MHs with a 270x? Can please elaborate a bit on that?

I have six of those and only one goes above 15 MHs, the rest runs at ~13 MHs

but I believe that nrg_wolf is correct as I just checked and dont have the boost when mining actual ETH, just EXP
manav1112

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:15:45 AM

Is it suppose to be like this, where my 2x 280x and 2x 380 are only getting 1200 MH/s in total for Decred mining but 82 for ETH? Because I researched and saw that each 280x should be getting around 2 GH/s.
l8nit3
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:49:58 AM

Is it suppose to be like this, where my 2x 280x and 2x 380 are only getting 1200 MH/s in total for Decred mining but 82 for ETH? Because I researched and saw that each 280x should be getting around 2 GH/s.
I have the same, ~880 Mhs just mining DCR, but dual I get ~195-250 depending on settings. I'm assuming its due to the ETH mining being the main portion of the miner, and the main goal was to keep full speed or better when mining ETH, while still being able to mine DCR as a bonus. I'm sure as new revisions come out we'll see the DCR hash pick up a bit more.

But do remember, no matter how optimized, you are still mining 2 algo's with one card at the same time, One is likely to suffer a bit.

That being said, this is an incredible piece of software, and well worth the 1-2% devfee to be able to mine both coins IMHO.
froilan_rivero

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:59:42 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2016, 03:53:15 AM by froilan_rivero

Guys Which Pool/System gives you the best profit? I'm only talking about ethereum pools like: EthereumPool.co/MiningpoolHub/Coinotron/Nanopool?Huh
manav1112

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:17:50 AM

I have the same, ~880 Mhs just mining DCR, but dual I get ~195-250 depending on settings. I'm assuming its due to the ETH mining being the main portion of the miner, and the main goal was to keep full speed or better when mining ETH, while still being able to mine DCR as a bonus. I'm sure as new revisions come out we'll see the DCR hash pick up a bit more.

But do remember, no matter how optimized, you are still mining 2 algo's with one card at the same time, One is likely to suffer a bit.

That being said, this is an incredible piece of software, and well worth the 1-2% devfee to be able to mine both coins IMHO.

I thought of that, but yeah this is still great! Wow!
ushba

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:40:19 AM

Currently I use Crimson 16.15.
Is some chance to encrease hashrate with changing driver for 15.2???
Thank you!
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:01:10 AM

@claymore : Is it possible to use your miner on miningrigrentals?  if so could you help with the options.  I've tried multiple qtminer combinations, but so far nothing works.  according to miningrigrentals, they have a qtminer example that shows :  qtminer -s us-west01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 -u username.rignumber -G

Love all the work you've done on this miner.  Thanks!!!

I read this: https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/hashimotog
This algo is typically used to mine Ethereum. This section is for the GETWORK miner and related pools only. Typically this is ethminer. Attempting to use rigs from this section with stratum based pools will fail.

So it seems they don't support stratum, I cannot find page with your sample about qtminer.
They haven't updated their faq about the stratum side.  When you setup a Dagger-Hashimoto(S) rig, in the properties block of the rig they give an example of a qtminer command line.  That is the only place I have found an example for their stratum based dagger-hashimoto rigs.

dp
@claymore,  For mining rig rentals, the problem is that everything has to support qtminer from the miner all the way to the pool.  So when you setup the rig on miningrigrentals.com many of the pools fail.  But I got it all sorted out.  Thanks for all the hard on the miner. 

dp

Hi, can you explain how you setup your rig for miningrentals?
Thanks
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:19:18 AM

So I finally added the last 2 GPUs to my mining rig.  Before, I had 4 cards hooked up and everything hashed as expected, but with some "mildly" frequent disconnects from pools (especially suprnova), according to the software.

Last night I added the last 2 390x's, and everything booted and all cards were recognized just fine.  However, once I start the miner, TeamViewer would almost immediately disconnect and I would have a very hard time reconnecting.  The miner reported eth hashrate as expected (~160 mh), but my pool (coinotron) reports only 2-5 mh, which is a fraction of what it should be.  I tried running Genoi's latest release, but the CPU usage jumped to 99% once the mining started, and after a couple minutes I saw TeamViewer disconnecting as well as display driver crashes, so quickly scrapped that strategy.

I'm not really sure what might be the issue, but it seems maybe the wireless adapter I have installed isn't doing what it needs to.  Any advice as to what might be the issue?  For completeness sake:

4gb RAM
Celeron CPU
2x 1k watt PSU
4x 390x
2x 280x
Windows 10

Thanks!

I had a similar issue previously, until I installed a "headless HDMI or DVI adapter" - after that my TeamViewer or VNC connects as per normal as if the remote irg is attached to a PC monitor.

Well, whenever I first start the rig up, I have a monitor plugged into the first GPU, and I still see the same behavior.  TeamViewer only disconnects or somehow seems less stable when I fire up a miner....

Ok, so I'm quite sure my first problem is the wireless adapter I'm using.  Plugged in using an ethernet cable, I get steady connection and have no problems also connecting TeamViewer.  Unfortunately, the spot I want my rig is nowhere near where my modem/router is, so I need to find a dependable wireless solution.  Any suggestions?

2nd problem: Once I wired in to my network, I noticed that after a few minutes of running all 6 cards, a couple of them would reach 94+ temps.  At which point, display driver would fail, and the 3 GPUs I had plugged into my 2nd PSU would turn off (sometimes the others would stay, sometimes the entire rig would just shut down).  So, I guess I need to buy a Kill-A-Watt or similar to monitor voltages from each PSU.

Given I have 2x 280x and 4x 390x, does anyone have a recommendation for how to configure them?  I mean, how many cards into the primary PSU, and how many in secondary PSU (I'm using Add2PSU to connect the 2x 1000 watt PSUs).

Thanks for any feedback!

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
restless
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:45:45 AM

Ok, so I'm quite sure my first problem is the wireless adapter I'm using.  Plugged in using an ethernet cable, I get steady connection and have no problems also connecting TeamViewer.  Unfortunately, the spot I want my rig is nowhere near where my modem/router is, so I need to find a dependable wireless solution.  Any suggestions?

2nd problem: Once I wired in to my network, I noticed that after a few minutes of running all 6 cards, a couple of them would reach 94+ temps.  At which point, display driver would fail, and the 3 GPUs I had plugged into my 2nd PSU would turn off (sometimes the others would stay, sometimes the entire rig would just shut down).  So, I guess I need to buy a Kill-A-Watt or similar to monitor voltages from each PSU.

Given I have 2x 280x and 4x 390x, does anyone have a recommendation for how to configure them?  I mean, how many cards into the primary PSU, and how many in secondary PSU (I'm using Add2PSU to connect the 2x 1000 watt PSUs).

Thanks for any feedback!
-wireless solution - buy cheap router and use it as bridge - connecting via lan cable from PC to the router?

- you have 2 problems - your cards are overheating AND possibly PSus are not good enough
- improve cooling, and/or downclock a bit. Going over 80 for GPU or VRMs is not good.
- What are your PSUs? 2 good 1K PSUs should have no problem feeding such system (3 gpu per psu)
What brand are these and how old are they? Usually psus degrade 5-10% per year
Install HWINFO and run it in sensor mode - and enable logging. IF/When system shuts down go and take a look if any voltage went bad. Hwinfo can log all MB and gpu cards sensors
Patusinmod

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:48:22 AM

So I finally added the last 2 GPUs to my mining rig.  Before, I had 4 cards hooked up and everything hashed as expected, but with some "mildly" frequent disconnects from pools (especially suprnova), according to the software.

Last night I added the last 2 390x's, and everything booted and all cards were recognized just fine.  However, once I start the miner, TeamViewer would almost immediately disconnect and I would have a very hard time reconnecting.  The miner reported eth hashrate as expected (~160 mh), but my pool (coinotron) reports only 2-5 mh, which is a fraction of what it should be.  I tried running Genoi's latest release, but the CPU usage jumped to 99% once the mining started, and after a couple minutes I saw TeamViewer disconnecting as well as display driver crashes, so quickly scrapped that strategy.

I'm not really sure what might be the issue, but it seems maybe the wireless adapter I have installed isn't doing what it needs to.  Any advice as to what might be the issue?  For completeness sake:

4gb RAM
Celeron CPU
2x 1k watt PSU
4x 390x
2x 280x
Windows 10

Thanks!

I had a similar issue previously, until I installed a "headless HDMI or DVI adapter" - after that my TeamViewer or VNC connects as per normal as if the remote irg is attached to a PC monitor.

Well, whenever I first start the rig up, I have a monitor plugged into the first GPU, and I still see the same behavior.  TeamViewer only disconnects or somehow seems less stable when I fire up a miner....

Thanks for any feedback!

I will us 2X280x+1X390 in the main, and 3X390 in the secondary. By doing that, you might have 800W in each PSU.
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 07:33:30 AM

So I finally added the last 2 GPUs to my mining rig.  Before, I had 4 cards hooked up and everything hashed as expected, but with some "mildly" frequent disconnects from pools (especially suprnova), according to the software.

Last night I added the last 2 390x's, and everything booted and all cards were recognized just fine.  However, once I start the miner, TeamViewer would almost immediately disconnect and I would have a very hard time reconnecting.  The miner reported eth hashrate as expected (~160 mh), but my pool (coinotron) reports only 2-5 mh, which is a fraction of what it should be.  I tried running Genoi's latest release, but the CPU usage jumped to 99% once the mining started, and after a couple minutes I saw TeamViewer disconnecting as well as display driver crashes, so quickly scrapped that strategy.

I'm not really sure what might be the issue, but it seems maybe the wireless adapter I have installed isn't doing what it needs to.  Any advice as to what might be the issue?  For completeness sake:

4gb RAM
Celeron CPU
2x 1k watt PSU
4x 390x
2x 280x
Windows 10

Thanks!

Well, whenever I first start the rig up, I have a monitor plugged into the first GPU, and I still see the same behavior.  TeamViewer only disconnects or somehow seems less stable when I fire up a miner....

Ok, so I'm quite sure my first problem is the wireless adapter I'm using.  Plugged in using an ethernet cable, I get steady connection and have no problems also connecting TeamViewer.  Unfortunately, the spot I want my rig is nowhere near where my modem/router is, so I need to find a dependable wireless solution.  Any suggestions?

2nd problem: Once I wired in to my network, I noticed that after a few minutes of running all 6 cards, a couple of them would reach 94+ temps.  At which point, display driver would fail, and the 3 GPUs I had plugged into my 2nd PSU would turn off (sometimes the others would stay, sometimes the entire rig would just shut down).  So, I guess I need to buy a Kill-A-Watt or similar to monitor voltages from each PSU.

Given I have 2x 280x and 4x 390x, does anyone have a recommendation for how to configure them?  I mean, how many cards into the primary PSU, and how many in secondary PSU (I'm using Add2PSU to connect the 2x 1000 watt PSUs).

Thanks for any feedback!

1 problem : a longer ethernet cable
2 problem :1 psu is in the pc case ? if it is u must count the pc elec/ty consumption
i dont think that 1000w  is enouph for 3 gpus and pc consumption ((kill a watt to see pc cons/ion))
restless
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:20:39 AM

I will us 2X280x+1X390 in the main, and 3X390 in the secondary. By doing that, you might have 800W in each PSU.
+1
390x need lots of juice - if he is dual-mining eth+decreed bad balance (3x390x on PSu which powers MB) might be the reason
qqqq
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:05:03 AM

When SoloETH/PoolDCR version will be released ?
Claymore (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:25:20 AM

When SoloETH/PoolDCR version will be released ?

In 5-7 days, I'm working on it right now. Also monitoring and stratum proxy will be available.
PM me if your patience is over Smiley I will have unfinished working version very soon.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:36:23 AM

So I finally added the last 2 GPUs to my mining rig.  Before, I had 4 cards hooked up and everything hashed as expected, but with some "mildly" frequent disconnects from pools (especially suprnova), according to the software.

Last night I added the last 2 390x's, and everything booted and all cards were recognized just fine.  However, once I start the miner, TeamViewer would almost immediately disconnect and I would have a very hard time reconnecting.  The miner reported eth hashrate as expected (~160 mh), but my pool (coinotron) reports only 2-5 mh, which is a fraction of what it should be.  I tried running Genoi's latest release, but the CPU usage jumped to 99% once the mining started, and after a couple minutes I saw TeamViewer disconnecting as well as display driver crashes, so quickly scrapped that strategy.

I'm not really sure what might be the issue, but it seems maybe the wireless adapter I have installed isn't doing what it needs to.  Any advice as to what might be the issue?  For completeness sake:

4gb RAM
Celeron CPU
2x 1k watt PSU
4x 390x
2x 280x
Windows 10

Thanks!

Well, whenever I first start the rig up, I have a monitor plugged into the first GPU, and I still see the same behavior.  TeamViewer only disconnects or somehow seems less stable when I fire up a miner....

Ok, so I'm quite sure my first problem is the wireless adapter I'm using.  Plugged in using an ethernet cable, I get steady connection and have no problems also connecting TeamViewer.  Unfortunately, the spot I want my rig is nowhere near where my modem/router is, so I need to find a dependable wireless solution.  Any suggestions?

2nd problem: Once I wired in to my network, I noticed that after a few minutes of running all 6 cards, a couple of them would reach 94+ temps.  At which point, display driver would fail, and the 3 GPUs I had plugged into my 2nd PSU would turn off (sometimes the others would stay, sometimes the entire rig would just shut down).  So, I guess I need to buy a Kill-A-Watt or similar to monitor voltages from each PSU.

Given I have 2x 280x and 4x 390x, does anyone have a recommendation for how to configure them?  I mean, how many cards into the primary PSU, and how many in secondary PSU (I'm using Add2PSU to connect the 2x 1000 watt PSUs).

Thanks for any feedback!

you will be needing another psu.

for me..

2x 390x per 1000w PSU, your 2x 280x can be powered by a 750w..

i don't own a 1000w PSU..I only have a 850w PSU and the biggest load it is powering right now is an overclocked 390 and 390x..

if you are experimenting and depending on your PSU (quality and performance), I've read that coolermaster v1000 made by seasonic has an allowance to its peak (up to 1100w) and can power 3x 280x.. you can try 1x 280x, 2x 390x per 1000w PSU

regarding the heat, spacing and electric fan is the key, blow the heat away from the gpu's
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: