Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 [596] 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Karin

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:06:02 PM

Unofficial Mac binaries updated to 3.3.4 at http://spaceman.ca/cgminer.

This directly relates to the whole libusb monologue I've been having in here over the last month
That specifically means your libusb on your mac is bugged - the timeout option when doing I/O isn't working
The README says how to build with a working libusb and it works on Linux and Windows - no idea about a Mac ...
Tell whoever Karin is to read the README ...

Karin, read the README  Tongue
I'm Karin! Cheesy

I keep a very close eye on the readme's (even following their changes on github), and I've tried using rc10 but if I recall it had no effect on this bug on Macs, so I instead include the latest libusb in my builds.

Kano makes it sounds like the error confidently lies within libusb, so I'll do a full spectrum of tests with various libusb versions.  If I can find a version that works I will update cgminer for Mac OS X and Asteroid (my Mac GUI to cgminer) accordingly.

Otherwise, we'll have to dig deeper into libusb, and any errors generated from cgminer (and what the community can help with) would be our best bet in figuring out the issue with libusb + Macs.  I'll try and do these test builds tonight and will post back with what I find.

Easiest to use bitcoin/litecoin miner for Mac: AsteroidApp.com | @AsteroidApp | Bitcointalk forum thread
Unofficial cgminer for Mac OS X | sgminer for Mac OS X

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 07:03:17 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2013, 07:20:09 PM by ISAWHIM

I have an issue with the latest CGMINER...

Instead of showing the number of "Accepted" and "Rejected" A: 2 R:1 HW: 0... it shows the "last diff" of the last accepted block for accepted and rejected, eg, for my scrypt-coins it shows...
A: 70687 R :68799 (Wow, great, 70687 accepted blocks and only 68799 rejects! From submitting two blocks!) lol

Those are the DIFFs of the coins I am mining, 70.7K and 68.8K were the two found.

Why did this change, and how do I get it back to show the NUMBER of accepted so I can see when ACCEPTED vs REJECTED, to gauge the effectiveness of the coins I am mining. Without knowing the number of accepted coins, that stat is useless. Why would we care what the DIFF was, in the stats?

This is not what it should be showing us... something is wrong... as per the readme and sample screen-shots...
Each column is as follows:
5s:  A 5 second exponentially decaying average hash rate
avg: An all time average hash rate
Q:   The number of requested (Queued) work items from the pools
A:   The number of Accepted shares
R:   The number of Rejected shares
HW:  The number of HardWare errors
E:   The Efficiency defined as number of shares returned / work item
U:   The Utility defined as the number of shares / minute

I also notice it is throwing-off other stats... hope this throw-off isn't going to change the way the program makes judgement about connections...

Note: This is the windows compiled version 3.3.4, mining bottlecaps at the moment version 1.4.1.
Skitzzo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:33:42 PM

I'm Karin! Cheesy

I keep a very close eye on the readme's (even following their changes on github), and I've tried using rc10 but if I recall it had no effect on this bug on Macs, so I instead include the latest libusb in my builds.

Kano makes it sounds like the error confidently lies within libusb, so I'll do a full spectrum of tests with various libusb versions.  If I can find a version that works I will update cgminer for Mac OS X and Asteroid (my Mac GUI to cgminer) accordingly.

Otherwise, we'll have to dig deeper into libusb, and any errors generated from cgminer (and what the community can help with) would be our best bet in figuring out the issue with libusb + Macs.  I'll try and do these test builds tonight and will post back with what I find.
I appreciate it! Let me know if you figure anything out. I'd be happy to help in any way I can and/or send you a small tip for your time as I'm basically sitting dead in the water until I can get this sorted.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:48:02 PM

Unofficial Mac binaries updated to 3.3.4 at http://spaceman.ca/cgminer.

This directly relates to the whole libusb monologue I've been having in here over the last month
That specifically means your libusb on your mac is bugged - the timeout option when doing I/O isn't working
The README says how to build with a working libusb and it works on Linux and Windows - no idea about a Mac ...
Tell whoever Karin is to read the README ...

Karin, read the README  Tongue
I'm Karin! Cheesy

Yes the problem is clearly libusb.
As I have already stated, I can run two different libusb versions on the same architecture and one works while the other doesn't.
The test problem that I've mentioned in here a few times is standalone code (bits and pieces of the code I've written in cgminer - but modified) and that shows if timeouts are working ... and if they are matching the expected values also.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg2817682;topicseen#msg2817682
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg2846296;topicseen#msg2846296
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg2938585;topicseen#msg2938585

That specific version - libusb-1.0.16-rc10 - works on Linux and Windows
I've seen other 1.0.16 versions that don't work ... thus using the 'latest' libusb is not guaranteed to solve it.
Also, libusb has 2 sources: libusb and libusbx, and some OSs provide libusbx instead of libusb

The README also states how to use the libusb mentioned

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:00:41 PM

There probably a simple answer to this, what do you do when the number of erupters you are running pushes the display off the bottom of the screen. So far I've been getting by with a smaller font, but that will only work so long.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:16:09 PM

There probably a simple answer to this, what do you do when the number of erupters you are running pushes the display off the bottom of the screen. So far I've been getting by with a smaller font, but that will only work so long.

resize the window.  click on the box in top left, click properties.  go to layout and increase the window height.  you may need to restart it for it to take effect.  (I assume you're talking windows)

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Trongersoll

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:30:39 PM

resize the window.  click on the box in top left, click properties.  go to layout and increase the window height.  you may need to restart it for it to take effect.  (I assume you're talking windows)

M
actually, i'm using linux. I know how to resize the window, the question is how to cope when the biggest window that will fit on the screen doesn't have enough rows.
easynote

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 05:51:11 PM

I cant put this program work on my Win 8 64bits... its strange!

it shutdown after I put the data of pool, user and pass...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
twmz

Activity: 737

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 06:21:07 PM

M
actually, i'm using linux. I know how to resize the window, the question is how to cope when the biggest window that will fit on the screen doesn't have enough rows.

Use --compact mode and stop get per device statistics from the API (some kind of dashboard, etc) instead of by looking at the screen.

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
ajw107

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:34:22 PM

Yeah, I use CGWatcher http://manotechnology.blogspot.co.uk/p/cgwatcher.html on windows, there are a few web based ones for Linux too.  the are very handy, and restart CGMiner when it gets a bit confused, or graphics/usb driver restarts, etc...
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:50:19 PM

M

use --usb and the block erupter code : a number that fits, then make a terminal session alt+F1 to alt+F6 for additional units. Limits the number of erupters per window, keeps all stats and allows them all to work. It can be especially helpful for adding less variance. I don't bother running the hashing units with x running. less resources and all....

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
-Redacted-

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:39:51 PM

You do know that the up and down arrows work to scroll the top section of the screen when there is more than fits, right?
Trongersoll

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 12:21:25 AM

You do know that the up and down arrows work to scroll the top section of the screen when there is more than fits, right?

no i didn't, the top just keeps pushin' the bottom down.
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 02:44:26 AM

I think I figured out what the problem I had with my Tablet setup, I think using the OTG cable adds an extra "hub" to introduce lag into the data pipeline causing errors. That's why it worked when I hooked the BE directly but not with the hub. So even if I DID get Serial-USB working(Android doesn't seem to have that in the stock kernel) I think I'd have the same problems happening. At least I've eliminated the fact it wasn't a LibUSB problem. Now the million dollar question is HOW can I fix this? I'll post specs for the "Linux Root Hub" (The OTG cable) Later. I think messing with that might fix the problem I'm having.
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

Nope, seems I was entirely wrong. It was a issue with Android not supporting USB Host mode out of the Box and I think I have the wrong OTG cable. I need to get a Y cable. So pretty much my Tablet was trying to run the BE's without taking in the extra power.
ChiangYay

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:28:53 AM

HELP CGminer load only GPU 0.
LTC Mining.

I have 3 GPUs but at startup CGminer load only GPU 0, I have to add the other 2 manually.
Probably there is some mistake in my CGminer .bat and/or .conf.
I folloved the instruction from  Con Kolivas and wrote the conf file but something must be wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.

BAT FILE

timeout /t 30
"C:\CGminer\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe" --gpu-platform 0 -d 0 -w 256 -v 1 -I 19 -g 1 -l 1  --thread-concurrency 21712
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

CONF FILE

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334",
      "user" : "xxxxxxxxxxx",
      "pass" : "xxxxx"
   },
   {
      "url" : "http://stratum.give-me-coins.com:3333",
      "user" : "xxxxxxxxxx",
      "pass" : "xxxxxx"
   }
]
"intensity" : "19,19,19",
"vectors" : "1,1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "0,0,0",
"thread-concurrency" : "21712,21712,21712",
"shaders" : "1792,1792,1792",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0,0-0,0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85,0-85,0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95",
"temp-overheat" : "85,85,85",
"temp-target" : "75,75,75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "1",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"device" : "0"
}

Software/HARDWARE

Catalyst Version 13.4
CGminer 3.3.4
Windows 7 64 bit
ASRock 970 Extreme4 MOBO
AMD Athlon II Processor  
3 x Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7950 OC with Boost 3 GB
Corsair Professional Series 860-Watt
3 x PCI-E riser cable
8 GB  DDR3 SDRAM (4 x 4GB)
Plastic Crate

Thanks.

ChiangYay
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 07:36:58 AM

I have 3 GPUs but at startup CGminer load only GPU 0, I have to add the other 2 manually.

"C:\CGminer\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer-3.3.4-windows\cgminer.exe" --gpu-platform 0 -d 0 -w 256 -v 1 -I 19 -g 1 -l 1  --thread-concurrency 21712
-d 0 is telling it to only use GPU 0, so get rid of it

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 04:09:06 PM

I cant put this program work on my Win 8 64bits... its strange!

it shutdown after I put the data of pool, user and pass...
Make sure that the information that you are entering is correct, If there are any errors, the CGMiner cmd window will just close really fast.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
ksenter

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 07:31:23 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.  I just wanted to let you know that ever since I got my little single late last week cgminer has stopped 3 times.  I just come back and the window for it isn't up anymore.  After the second time it happened I wrote a little batch file to check if the process is running and start it if it isn't and scheduled it to run every 5 minutes.  So it's not a big deal.  I just never saw that happen back with the GPUs.  My guess is that the little single is disconnecting or erroring or something and cgminer is seeing no device and closing.  But that is just a wild guess on my part.  Any thoughts?  I'm running the latest cgminer, with p2pool on windows 8 x64 (I know, I should probably switch to Linux, maybe eventually).

By the way, I just sent a small donation to Kano and ckolivas for all of your hard work.  You guys rock!
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 10:23:09 PM

I've been away for a while and decided to give 3.3 another shot since kano et al are singing its praises everywhere.

3.3.4 using libusb-1.0.16-rc10 compiled from sourceforge still shuts down half of my 4x AM USB eruptors when running on Debian amd64 with USB disconnects. If there's some sort of logs you would like let me to post, let me know what you would like to see, but compiling a newer libusb absolutely *does not* solve the problem.

Back to 3.1.1 where everything works fine.

I seem to be having a similar problem on Win7x64 with WinUSB (via Zadig).  I have 10 BEs, and every couple of hours, at least one will stop working with an error like this:

Code:
AMU0: Comms error (werr=-7 amt=0)

I tried using different hubs and tried using no more than 4 BEs in each 7-port HUB, in case it was a power issue, but nothing helps.

I have not tried using 3.1.1 yet, but I guess that is my next step.  This is very frustrating.

[Edit: I should add that if CGMiner is restarted, it will not pick up the BE that apparently failed.  It will seem to be OK, in that Windows says it is OK, and working, but the LED will stay on steady, and I have to manually unplug and replug it to get it to be seen by CGMINER.]

If anyone cares, I switched these Block Erupters over to my Linux box using BFGMiner, and now they are 100% rock solid.  I don't know if the problem is CGMiner or WinUSB, but my stuff works now.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Pages: « 1 ... 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 [596] 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: