Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:03:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 02:22:11 AM

Normal for hotplugged ones to not show on windows also - a workaround for crashes on resizing windows thanks to buggy pdcurses on windows.

Could the display toggle coMpact mode be modified to reinit the displayed devices manually ? I noticed it did not Sad
The whole display thing was never meant for so many devices since it's from an era of GPU mining. I keep rewriting it over and over again yet windows just likes crashing if you get too fancy with pdcurses. I keep meaning to rewrite it to just delete all the windows and start new ones but too many other things to do all taking my attention...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:45:10 AM

The whole display thing was never meant for so many devices since it's from an era of GPU mining. I keep rewriting it over and over again yet windows just likes crashing if you get too fancy with pdcurses. I keep meaning to rewrite it to just delete all the windows and start new ones but too many other things to do all taking my attention...

I haven't written any significant code in over 10 years. I think it's time to dust off my bike and oil up the chains... Have been looking for something to rip me away from DOTA2...

Cheers.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:52:02 AM

I haven't written any significant code in over 10 years. I think it's time to dust off my bike and oil up the chains... Have been looking for something to rip me away from DOTA2...

Cheers.

When you look at the code, in windows I set it to always open one bigger than required at start so there is one spare spot for a hotplug
... in case you were wondering why it does that Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:24:48 AM

Cheers.
When you look at the code, in windows I set it to always open one bigger than required at start so there is one spare spot for a hotplug
... in case you were wondering why it does that Smiley
Actually I was wondering why it did that. Thanks!

For the redesign, could we have it simplified and condensed into a single device type per line? For example, say you've got 3 Little Singles, 4 Jalapenos, and 14 AMUs. Rather than 21 separate lines, could we have 3 lines, saying how many of each type, and then important stats: average temp, highest temp, lowest hashrate, average hashrate, total hashrate (for that device type), reject %, etc. Similar to how you can view detailed info about a GPU, can't you also get into a submenu option that gives detailed info for each device type, listing each separate device of that type in the format it is today? I don't know if that's too fancy to work properly, but it's just a thought about how to organize the mass of information a lil cleaner.

But who am I to tell you guys what to do. I'm not a coder, and I have great respect for your work.

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't sent you guys a donation in a while. I should do that, since you've been very helpful. Smiley

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 08:10:57 AM

That all sounds like a great idea and pretty much what I had in mind. However we're just too busy working on new (and old) drivers for now.

-ck
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:14:55 AM

(Or for that matter, anyone using the latest cgminer on windows, see if this changes anything for you). It's the latest version of libusb.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/temp/libusb-1.0.dll

Yep, it changed something for me.

My third instance always crash's now.  I run three instances 5 erupters each.
Did you try the dll alone or with the new exe as well?

dll alone.
Try both then please? Lots of little fixes post 3.3.1 in that exe (in fact close to what 3.3.2 will be, hopefully).

I tried both the new dll and exe and all 3 instances of erupters did start.  But I had erupters falling off and coming back up continuously.  Ozco is bouncing up and down and it seems to keep trying bring it back up.  I went back to stock 3.3.1 and it failed over to a backup pool and is running stable again.

Also I noticed that the U: went away.  I like contrasting the U: and WU: with the variable difficulty to make sure they are in line.  I wouldn't like it if U: went away.  It doesn't seem that it would make a difference in window realestate.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:36:57 AM

I tried both the new dll and exe and all 3 instances of erupters did start.  But I had erupters falling off and coming back up continuously.  Ozco is bouncing up and down and it seems to keep trying bring it back up.  I went back to stock 3.3.1 and it failed over to a backup pool and is running stable again.

Also I noticed that the U: went away.  I like contrasting the U: and WU: with the variable difficulty to make sure they are in line.  I wouldn't like it if U: went away.  It doesn't seem that it would make a difference in window realestate.
Sam
Hmm the erupters are going zombie and being hotplugged? That's undesirable behaviour.

I'm wondering if the bouncing up and down wasn't sheer coincidence to do with outage time at ozcoin? I will investigate though, somewhere in my infinite hours I have available...

Actually WU is just U multiplied by diff within the cgminer code so they will ALWAYS be in line... and U, along with all diff1 calculations, was the source of endless confusion, especially with newer miners. You probably didn't even notice that the Accepted and Rejected are now scaled with difficulty as well. More information is always available via the API for advanced users, but as you have seen by the WU vs U example, fully understanding and parsing most of the displayed information is far from trivial so I'm trying to do away with information that is not useful yet is confusing on the main display. In fact, at larger ASIC hashrates, there is a screen real estate problem.

-ck
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:44:28 AM

Sam
Hmm the erupters are going zombie and being hotplugged? That's undesirable behaviour.

No they aren't going zombie.  They just continually idled, green light going solid, and then pick up and run again.

I will try to run the new binaries again later when I have more time to tinker with it.
Thanks,
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Polyatomic

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:04:54 AM

Sam

No they aren't going zombie.  They just continually idled, green light going solid, and then pick up and run again.

I will try to run the new binaries again later when I have more time to tinker with it.
Thanks,
Sam

I had similar behavior with erupters , swapping a usb cable , resolved the issue .
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:45:28 PM

Can someone explain to me what NMW stands for please in cgminer for avalon thx

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:02:14 PM

Can someone explain to me what NMW stands for please in cgminer for avalon thx
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=208508.msg2863165#msg2863165

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:04:12 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 06:51:57 PM by Xian01

USB 2.0 system hosting 58 sticks has been running fine all night with no visible zombies.

USB 3.0 system hosting 9 sticks has exhibited 3 zombies so far since I began testing. 1 zombie did not respond to a hotplug requiring a restart of CGMiner, and 2 zombies came back up when replugged on separate occasions.

EDIT 2: Several hours later, returned to my studio to see that 3 of the AMU's went zombie and did not respond to hotplug operations on a USB 3.0 system. Had to restart CGMiner entirely. USB 2.0 system has been solid since I switched yesterday.

EDIT 3: Just watched another Erupter USB go zombie on my USB 3.0 system. Reverted back to 3.1.1 with the SiLabs driver on that system.
Joshwaa

Activity: 497
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:27:47 PM

Having a problem since I switched to using a hub with my BE's.

Any ideas?  Using ANKER 9 Port hub USB 3.0

Thanks

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:31:46 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 04:44:01 PM by ckolivas

Having a problem since I switched to using a hub with my BE's.

Any ideas?  Using ANKER 9 Port hub USB 3.0

Thanks
icarus devices and usb3 is known broken with 3.3.1 on windows, try the experimental exe and dlls listed above from the upcoming release.

-ck
Joshwaa

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:43:29 PM

That is using the exp exe files. Same thing with normal 3.3.1

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:51:00 PM

thank you

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 05:00:19 PM

That is using the exp exe files. Same thing with normal 3.3.1
(Hopefully the dll as well). Some read errors like that are harmless and are more likely at startup, provided it goes on to hash at the normal rate. Can you describe exactly what the problem is?

-ck
Joshwaa

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:15:58 PM

It continued on for 20 min doing the same errors and not really hashing.

Yes the dll as well.  I fixed it by unplugging the hub from the USB3.0 port and plugged it into another USB3.0 port now everything works.  But I have to leave CGMiner running while I swap the ports. So far so good.

pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:11:11 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 10:11:23 PM by pluMmet

having issues with raspberry pi so i thought i give windows a go but also problem...

any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

I have new aitech 3.0 usb hub... other saying usb 3.0 issue with latest cgminer. switching to older version will help?

Dang.. tried old hub and is working... now what? I have too many erupters for old hub...

I only have 3 plugged in but cgminer seems to be only using 1 f them. the thirds light is not even on. blinks now and then. Maybe that is the one that is being used? Why not the others?

Some setting I'm missing?

Okay sorry for being such a n00b i had to unplug and replug the light erupters and now they are recognized..

also some old tutorial had me install some com driver that was fouling stuff up.

still need to figure out how to use my new hubs...?

Okay I have a laptop with a usb3.0 port and it's all running fine. That's good but now I have doubts that a pi will work... Sad
maxpower

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:51:55 PM

Okay I have a laptop with a usb3.0 port and it's all running fine. That's good but now I have doubts that a pi will work... Sad

Unfortunately, the Raspberry Pi is known not to work well with USB 3.0 hubs. I believe it's a hardware limitation of the Pi, not an issue with any particular software or drivers.

Mac Altcoin Wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672 | Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205035.0
BTC: 13wuRW8v1PtZrbKKrBfT5JcuiCwpMqpCmY
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: