Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:09:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805212 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Krak

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 11:58:54 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2013, 12:28:27 AM by Krak

So I finally got my Jalapeño today and got it up and running with my Pi. Does anybody know how I could start my screen command on startup to recover from power outages and whatnot? I tried putting it in /etc/rc.local, but it wouldn't start (I assume it's because it doesn't have access to the Jalapeño yet at that point).

EDIT: Aha, I got it working! I had to specify the full path to cgminer (not with ~) and I have to resume screen with sudo. Everything's working awesome now. Smiley

BTC: 1KrakenLFEFg33A4f6xpwgv3UUoxrLPuGn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:43:09 AM

Is there some way to change the dos box screen display geometry under Windows?  It's kind of difficult to see things when running 24 of the USB devices.  I can add more lines to the dos box via preferences, but the display output doesn't change to accommodate....
Right click the title bar at the top. Go down to DEFAULTS. Change the Window Size Height larger to make the dos box longer....
This will change Every Dos Box that you pull up. Once it is sized larger with a default restart cgminer and it will use the new longer window.

Bingo - that does the trick.  "Defaults" instead of "Preferences".  D'oh - missed that. 
Thanks.   A Bit nickle is coming your way!
Thank You!

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
Trance104

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:12:12 AM

How do I use CGminer to ONLY mine using my ASIC? I have block eruptors plugged in and I get an INSANE error log while my Jalapeno, and 2 GPU's are mining. I want it to STOP mining using my GPU's and STOP trying to connect to the Block eruptors.

How does I do this?

I changed the intensity to 0 on one card and it only lowered it's hashing speed. Not great for gaming..  Huh I also read through the ASIC readme, and it says nothing about this. Nor does the GPU readme.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:16:12 AM

How do I use CGminer to ONLY mine using my ASIC? I have block eruptors plugged in and I get an INSANE error log while my Jalapeno, and 2 GPU's are mining. I want it to STOP mining using my GPU's and STOP trying to connect to the Block eruptors.

Use CGMiner-nogpu.

Block Erupters are ASIC's too.  If they are getting errors try putting some fans on them and use the WinUSB driver like it says.

If you don't want to use the Block Erupters then unplug them from your USB ports.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Trance104

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:26:37 AM

Use CGMiner-nogpu.

Block Erupters are ASIC's too.  If they are getting errors try putting some fans on them and use the WinUSB driver like it says.

If you don't want to use the Block Erupters then unplug them from your USB ports.

Thank you for your quick reply!

I'd like to use them, but with a different client. How can I do this?

Thank you for the No GPU info.
daemondazz

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:37:43 AM

Use a second PC?

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
dangue

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:39:37 AM

Use CGMiner-nogpu.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Thank you for the No GPU info.

Use 3.1.1 where you have to specify the com port of each individual device and then just don't list the com ports of your block erupters?
ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:42:21 AM

Nor does the GPU readme.
--disable-gpu|-G    Disable GPU mining even if suitable devices exist

Pretty sure this is in the readme.

JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:41:02 AM

I'm trying to run my first BFL 5GH miner (Jalapeno) using cgminer 3.1.1 alongside 10 ASICMINER USBs in Windows, and I could use some help from someone with more experience! Can I run this combination of ASICs in the same cgminer instance?

Currently when I add "--enable-bflsc" to what I've used to run the ASICMINERs, or just try "cgminer --enable-bflsc", I get the following error:

[timestamp] cgminer: --enable-bflsc: unrecognized option

I have installed the winUSB driver with zidig as outlined in the readme.

Any help would be vastly appreciated!! I'd be more than happy to dontate something small, say BTC0.1, to whoever can help me figure this out, and smaller amounts to anyone who takes the time to try.

Perhaps someone could start by posting the proper start up command to use with BFL ASICs? I can't seem to find it spelled out explicitly anywhere more than it is in the manual.

Thanks
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:44:33 AM

I'm trying to run my first BFL 5GH miner (Jalapeno) using cgminer 3.1.1 alongside 10 ASICMINER USBs in Windows, and I could use some help from someone with more experience! Can I run this combination of ASICs in the same cgminer instance?

Currently when I add "--enable-bflsc" to what I've used to run the ASICMINERs, or just try "cgminer --enable-bflsc", I get the following error:

Any help would be vastly appreciated!! I'd be more than happy to dontate something small, say BTC0.1, to whoever can help me figure this out, and smaller amounts to anyone who takes the time to try.

Thanks
That's a compile option, not a cgminer option.

You don't use any options for it to see the Jalapeno - it's automatic.

However, you probably didn't read the ASIC-README about how to set the correct windows driver ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:46:44 AM

Don't use --enable-bflsc option.  That's a compile time option, not a run-time option.  
Yes you can run the combination.    See the ASIC readme file.

EDIT:

D'oh.  Kano beat my reply by 14 seconds.
JordanL
Donator

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 04:47:43 AM

Thanks
That's a compile option, not a cgminer option.

You don't use any options for it to see the Jalapeno - it's automatic.

However, you probably didn't read the ASIC-README about how to set the correct windows driver ...

Sorry, I forgot to include that in my original post, I updated it as you were posting to say that I did do the correct driver from the readme.

Thanks a ton for the help.

JordanL
Donator

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:06:51 AM

Okay so am I supposed to be running it using the exact command I did with just the ASICMINER UBSs? Which was something like this:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9

When I try that, the ASICMINERs run fine but then I also get this error:

"BitForceSC detect <2:27> get details return invalid/timed out <0:-7>"

I just noticed that at first when I had used the wrong driver (the one from the BFL page) I could see the BLFSC in the ports section of device manager, but now that I have used zadig to install the WinUSB driver (v6.1.7600.16385), it's not showing up there.

Is it supposed to be?

Again any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again
zoro

Activity: 226

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:10:03 AM

win7 64 with cgminer 3.1.1 and usb stick miners.
i cannot use more than 9 usbs since cgminer cannot work with Com10 and above. it seems it has an issue with 2 digit coms?
cgminer above 3.1.1 cannot detect any usb miner and also cannot accept the -Scomx switch!!!!

"killer app" of BTC = MasterCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0Mastercoin(A new protocol layer on top of Bitcoin)
JordanL
Donator

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:16:58 AM

i cannot use more than 9 usbs since cgminer cannot work with Com10 and above. it seems it has an issue with 2 digit coms?
cgminer above 3.1.1 cannot detect any usb miner and also cannot accept the -Scomx switch!!!!

I have used more than ten at once with two digit coms and they work fine, same cgminer but it was Windows 8.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 05:53:09 AM

I currently run 37 miners on one PC and 11 on another (this one) under win-7 64 bit.  Com ports above 9 work just fine:

--api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM5 -S //./COM6 -S  //./COM9 -S //./COM10 -S //./COM11 -S //./COM12 -S //./COM14 -S //./COM16  -S //./COM17  -S //./COM18

cgminer versions past 3.1.1 don't use com ports, they use the WinUSB driver.  Lots of information available about that over the last few forum pages.   
JordanL
Donator

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 07:31:31 AM

Okay so am I supposed to be running it using the exact command I did with just the ASICMINER UBSs? Which was something like this:

--icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S COM3 -S COM4 -S COM5 -S COM6 -S COM7 -S COM8 -S COM9

I just noticed that at first when I had used the wrong driver (the one from the BFL page) I could see the BLFSC in the ports section of device manager, but now that I have used zadig to install the WinUSB driver (v6.1.7600.16385), it's not showing up there.

Is it supposed to be?

Thanks again

Update: I left this machine mining for about an hour, with that error continuing (as the ASICMINERs where running), and it seems to have corrected itself. So far it looks like it is hashing at almost exactly 5GH/s, hopefully the error won't persist.

I've very grateful everyone who read my post and/or offered help!

0.075 tip sent with thanks to each -Redacted- and kano, spend it in good health.   Smiley
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:29:17 AM

Use CGMiner-nogpu.

Use a second PC?
OR you could search / read the thread / read the manual instead of reposting questions...
I'm trying to disable two AMU's, out of 4 total, in each CGMiner session.

"-d 0 -d 1 --remove-disabled" in the first session works fine.
"-d 2 -d 3 --remove-disabled" in the second session does not work.

when I run CGMiner-nogpu -n it says "failed to open, err -3"

It appears that you intend for CGMiner to be able to do this and I would like to run two sessions for two different pools.
Thanks,
Sam
The --usb command gives you finer control over this. The --device command only takes one set of values now (-d 0-1 instead of -d 0 -d 1) and only works for usb devices since version 3.2.1, and it is a coarse command.
Ah, in other words RTFM Smiley.  I found the section in the readme and I'll give it a whirl tonight.
Thanks,
Sam
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:18:20 PM

Is it supposed to be?

Thanks again

Update: I left this machine mining for about an hour, with that error continuing (as the ASICMINERs where running), and it seems to have corrected itself. So far it looks like it is hashing at almost exactly 5GH/s, hopefully the error won't persist.

I've very grateful everyone who read my post and/or offered help!

0.075 tip sent with thanks to each -Redacted- and kano, spend it in good health.   Smiley
Thanks Smiley

There's been quite a few changes since 3.1.1 so if you are having trouble with 3.1.1 and the Jalapeno then you can easily get around it by running 2 cgminers as follows:

Run the 3.1.1 one above like you already are but add --usb BAS:0 so it will ignore the BFL SC's - the Jalapeno

Run a second one but 3.2.2 with a different usb setting --usb ICA:0 so it will ignore all Icarus devices (the Asicminer USB is an Icarus device)

The two wont attempt to touch the other's devices.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 02:08:09 PM

cgminer 3.1.1 absolutely works with higher # com ports - I _start_ my numbering at Com10.

If you go to 3.2.2 you need to switch to the WinUSB driver - this depreciates the com ports (and thus the -S switch).

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Pages: « 1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: